Last challenge one of my goals was to reflect on and review my goals and priorities. I didn't talk about it much, but I did spend a lot of time on it and wrote a lot of it down in my bujo. My overarching goal for the next decade or two will be to be the best parent I can be, which in my opinion also includes being the best person you can be, so that still leaves a lot open. One of my main problems is that I could easily write a list of 5000 things I want to be working on so I've decided that I have to pick just two to focus on for each quarter of the year (aka 2 NF challenges). And they have to fit in the theme for 2023, which is mental health (or rest, rhythm, routine, reflection). 

For this quarter my first goal will be to improve my physical health and performance, I already got started with taking my training very seriously again, now it’s time to improve food intake.
My second goal will be to become a better boss, even though I'm just my own boss and kinda Jaap's boss and then the interns/volunteers, but I want to improve there. So the goals for this challenge; 

Goal 1: Physical health and performance

daily: take vitamins, make intentional choices about food, review/reflect

weekly: write out my training program in my battle log, make a meal plan, prep some food

just once: make a doctors and a dentists appointment, make healthy non-perishable food available at work

Goal 2: Become a better boss

daily

weekly: review plans, make to do list, check on clients

just once: flesh out the daily/weekly things, set up asana, make a cleaning/maintenance list, figure out an opening and closing routine for the gym, review interns/volunteers needs

Side note; I'm also allowing myself two fun goals for 2023, one of which is to ride 5000km on my bike, which is an average of about 100km a week. The other is to read a lot of books- I'm not sure how many yet, I'll figure that out in the next couple days. 

• Like 14

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Oh forgot an introduction; hi! I’m KB Girl, 34, mom of two (6&2), dietician, gym owner, pro kettlebell sport coach, wannabe athlete and amateur food grower.
I want to do all the things but frequently have trouble making myself actually do them. I live in permanent chaos and keep a bujo in hopes of finding some peace :) 

• Like 10

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

Following! Looks like you've got a great structure for the year.

• Thanks 1

Level 18 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 12  -  CON: 10  -  CHA: 3  -  SAN: 7  -  INT: 11

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Bringing the party together

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. 

I’m glad!

22 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Working on it xD 

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Following along! 

awesome :) 

4 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Following!

thank you! 

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

I hope your year, quarter, and challenge line up and click into place in a satisfying way.

Thank you too! 

45 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Following! Looks like you've got a great structure for the year.

I hope so :) 

• Like 2

Thursday is my day off. The kids had friends over, we played some games and I did some laundry etc. 

I have been unsatisfied with my momming recently, but today wasn’t so bad. My 6yo came downstairs at 21:00 because she couldn’t sleep and we just had some extra cuddle time on the couch and she wanted to try reading a book- she’s doing really well with sounding out all the words and reading whole sentences now :) 

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

Hi! 

I also am a bujo user, though currently I have all my bujo stuff in a Clever Fox journal/planner for 2023. 

Grey Jedi Ranger

Rest and Recuperate: Jedi's Hero Journey Begins Again

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54

On 12/30/2022 at 9:34 PM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Hi! 

I also am a bujo user, though currently I have all my bujo stuff in a Clever Fox journal/planner for 2023. 

Hi! :) 

Whatever works right? Did a quick google, that does look like a nice planner! 

On 12/30/2022 at 9:53 PM, sylph said:

Here for this :)

I'm glad :)

• Like 1

Happy new year everyone! 

On the last day of 2022 Jaap and I had a nice lunch together and shared our more concrete goals/plans for 2023 with each other. We had friends over for dinner and games. All of our kids woke up at midnight so we all went outside together to watch the fireworks. I thought the fireworks at our old house were pretty good, but we live on a hill now so it was honestly absolutely spectacular. I'm not a huge fan of how we do fireworks in the Netherlands- there are a lot of problems with it- but I really really appreciate being able to enjoy a really good (free) show in my own front/back yard.

Today we went to visit my grandmother, most of the rest of the family was there too. We went by bike, so that's 21km to start of my goal of 5000 for this year. Did some reading before bed with the kids. I think I really ought to not add any more goals, but I also really want to make it a goal to read to/with my kids the full 365 days. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Did some reading before bed with the kids. I think I really ought to not add any more goals, but I also really want to make it a goal to read to/with my kids the full 365 days. 

That's a nice goal too! I know it's a lofty goal, but it's something good to aim for. Any days you're reading to them are good days!

I'm cheering for you!

i have had recurring nightmares

that i was loved for who i am

and missed the opportunity

to be a better man

-muse, hoodoo

8 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I thought the fireworks at our old house were pretty good, but we live on a hill now so it was honestly absolutely spectacular.

It was nice this year, wasn't it? It helps that only the pretty fireworks are legal anymore, and there were barely any teenagers with the "rotjes" outside this year. We didn't even have to clean the street this year :o.

Anyway, I love your goals :). At first I thought it was a lot, but after a moment it felt like it wouldn't be too bad. It's still a lot of changes, but they don't have to take a lot of time. Except the biking 5000km of course, that will take you several hours per week considering the car is faster than the bike :lol:.

20 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Hi! :) 

Whatever works right? Did a quick google, that does look like a nice planner! 

It's like a hybrid of a standard planner and a bullet journal where a lot of the boring repetitive drawing out of monthly/weekly layouts is already done.

Grey Jedi Ranger

Rest and Recuperate: Jedi's Hero Journey Begins Again

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I like the reading goal. So many good things happen when one reads to their children. Here is wishing you gratuitous success with that goal.

I do always say to new parents that nothing matters quite as much as wether they read to their kids :D (it's an easy way to put things into perspective when there are breastfeeding troubles or too many opinions about how the baby should sleep or whatever). And reading is something mostly in your control, there is no arguing about how you should be reading- it's refreshing. 

22 hours ago, analogwatch said:

That's a nice goal too! I know it's a lofty goal, but it's something good to aim for. Any days you're reading to them are good days!

I'm cheering for you!

Thanks! :) I'm definitely going to be tracking it and then we'll see where I end up. 

15 hours ago, Waanie said:

It was nice this year, wasn't it? It helps that only the pretty fireworks are legal anymore, and there were barely any teenagers with the "rotjes" outside this year. We didn't even have to clean the street this year :o.

Anyway, I love your goals :). At first I thought it was a lot, but after a moment it felt like it wouldn't be too bad. It's still a lot of changes, but they don't have to take a lot of time. Except the biking 5000km of course, that will take you several hours per week considering the car is faster than the bike :lol:.

Oh there was definitely some illegal firework stuff going off around here, but mostly of the pretty kind :)

You're right though, 5000km is far too much to be realistic x) I've decided that I'll also count walking/hiking or any running or rowing I decide to do. All the kilometers count! Probably still unrealistic, but shoot for the stars 'n all that ;)

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I do like lonely island :D but that's not quite what I had in mind ;)

4 hours ago, Ike Eldrazi said:

Following!

Hello! 

3 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

It's like a hybrid of a standard planner and a bullet journal where a lot of the boring repetitive drawing out of monthly/weekly layouts is already done.

Ahh yes, I can see how that might be attractive! I don't draw out weekly's at all and I stick to the simple vertical monthly so it's really no trouble for me. 

3 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sounds like a lovely new year! I wish you a great 2023 :)

Thank you dear ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That is a great idea to focus on two things a quarter. 

Thanks :D a great idea but I'm not sure I'm managing,  haha. Definitely some ranger brain going on here. 

42 minutes ago, Kishi said:

The story of your 6-yo wanting to read with you is just super adorable and as a non-parent I just want to say that it sounds like you're on the right track. :)

Thanks Kishi :) 

• Like 5

Monday 

Jaap's goals centre around building morning/evening routines so he was busy this morning tidying up and cleaning the kitchen, which inspired me to get started on laundry and we ended up tackling a lot of household tasks before lunch. Jaap went to work after and I had a good afternoon with my youngest, we played games and made lasagna before picking up the 6yo from this after school care thing she goes to (without the going to school part)- they always go into the woods so she was properly muddy :) 

Decided to go with the 365 days of reading idea and made a setup to track it in my bujo along with a setup to track those 5000km I wanted to aim for this year. My setups aren't usually this elaborate, but I'll be using it the entire year + it was relaxing. Ofcourse I already messed up some things, like February having too many days and my first blue block was put in the wrong column, but whatever- embracing imperfection. 

Also made my monthly overview for January and setup a tracker- will probably add more things to track, but not sure what exactly yet. 

Spoiler

A04C2F21-50D8-4CA0-8922-7F642C9B93A1.thumb.jpeg.d04229da96998541b1b4b6d2209c1586.jpeg0897BA44-7372-4B0E-8BBD-03622742E453.thumb.jpeg.9273ae921e9c821826e3072677b9c06b.jpeg

7E4D96B4-AB48-42F0-BDDE-AB6E239B2C11.thumb.jpeg.8ea12e5b2cb37103e8c24352e37aba62.jpeg

ETA: updated my training plan for the week in my battle log ✅

• Like 6