Asha's Roadmap 2023

The past couple years have been filled with so many firsts for me, it's been crazy! I'm hoping this year slows down a bit, but also looking to still make improvements to my overall well-being.

Big Goals:

• Finish Bible Reading - Last year I set a goal to read through the entirety of the Bible. Didn't finish, so I'm setting a goal to finish that goal

> My plan is to read in the mornings when BabyG is sleeping.

So.....This hasn't been going like I would have hoped. Mainly because of not making the time, and getting up with BabyG instead of before her. Will revisit this goal later.

• Read at least 5 books - My plan with this one is to read a little every day. I would love to exceed this goal, but we'll see what happens.

Finished 2 books. Started a whole bunch though. 😅

• Find a house - Would love for 2023 to be the year that D and I can get our own place.

> Not a huge gameplan here. Just continuing to look and see what pops up.

We found a house!!!! And we've moved in! Now to get things fully unpacked and organized...

• No sugar - This is a big one in terms of overall health. I'm going to slowly cut it out.

> To start with, my goal will be only one intentional sugar/day

Between the stress of house hunting and just not being intentional enough with this goal, and then the holidays and everyone giving us sugary treats, this didn't go so well. Planning to try again next year and D is planning to attack sweets with me!

• Budget - We have a rough budget right now, but since we don't have very many expenses, we haven't been keeping ontop of it as much as I'd like to.

> My goal is to set a budget and keep track of income/expenses better.

Budget is set and D is taking care of it, so I don't have to worry about it outside of making sure I stay within the set budget. :)

• Screentime - As with the sugar, my goal is to lessen my intake of screentime.

> My plan with this is to have a place to set my phone during the day. Might get rid of social media, but we'll see what the year brings.

Didn't do super well with this, but I did leave some social media off my phone and that has helped quite a bit.

Side Quests:

• Skin Care - Find a routine and stick with it

Bombed this one completely! Trying again with the new year.

• Workout - At least twice a week

Did better at this than I thought it would and plan on continuing this goal into the new year

• Inktober52 - Participate as much as possible

Dropped this pretty early into the year. We'll see what next year brings.

• Bread - I recently started keeping starters. My goal is to keep them alive and use them

Summer was a bit busy and I had to let them go for a bit. Hoping to start up another sourdough starter soon. :)

• Language - Work on learning Spanish

Gave up, started learning German, gave  up cause it's more fun learning with someone else I think.

• NaNoWriMo - Participate

Didn't happen this year since we were getting settled into our new house and traveling with D's grandma's failing health.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I have so far. :)

• Like 1

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (14%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

First Challenge for the year is up!

• Like 1

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Copied from first challenge:

Challenge Wrap Up:

📵 - I'd like to really limit my screen time and focus more on spending time with different hobbies and things. Especially since we're hoping to have a house this year (2023) and I'll have more responsibilities around the house than just taking care of our little space.

Things went pretty well with this until I switched over to my new phone and I have no clue how I'm actually doing with screentime, but I'm pretty sure it's more than I want it to be. Planning to find a better way to work on this in the coming weeks.

🍬 - I would also like to limit my sugar intake. It's been really bad, especially with the holidays. Eventually I'd like to work on junk foods in general, but figured I'd start slow.

Didn't do terrible with this. Most weeks I only had a couple days where I had more sugar than I had planned for the day. Counting that as a success!

✏️ - This one is more of a "sidequest" type goal, but I'd like to check the Inktober52 prompts whenever they're posted and see if that's something I plan on participating in this year. I had planned on it this past year, but ended up not doing it. If I decide to participate, I'd like to work out a plan for what that will look like.

Been keeping up with the prompts so far and I've been posting the pictures of my art over in the Inktober52 thread that a few of us have been using. It's been fun seeing how different everyone's art is depending on how they view the prompt. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I think things went pretty well this challenge. I think my biggest thing I'd still like to work on is having a good spot to set my phone while I'm not using it so I'm not on it as much.

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

New Challenge is up!

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

I mentioned this on my challenge thread, but I need to take a break from challenges for a little while. This challenge kinda fell apart on me and I'm hoping that just taking time to reset will help. Planning to pop in here every so often. :) Hope y'all are doing well.

• Like 1

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler

Update for the end of the year:

The past couple years have been filled with so many firsts for me, it's been crazy! I'm hoping this year slows down a bit, but also looking to still make improvements to my overall well-being.

Big Goals:

• Finish Bible Reading - Last year I set a goal to read through the entirety of the Bible. Didn't finish, so I'm setting a goal to finish that goal

> My plan is to read in the mornings when BabyG is sleeping.

So.....This hasn't been going like I would have hoped. Mainly because of not making the time, and getting up with BabyG instead of before her. Will revisit this goal later.

• Read at least 5 books - My plan with this one is to read a little every day. I would love to exceed this goal, but we'll see what happens.

Finished 2 books. Started a whole bunch though. 😅

• Find a house - Would love for 2023 to be the year that D and I can get our own place.

> Not a huge gameplan here. Just continuing to look and see what pops up.

We found a house!!!! And we've moved in! Now to get things fully unpacked and organized...

• No sugar - This is a big one in terms of overall health. I'm going to slowly cut it out.

> To start with, my goal will be only one intentional sugar/day

Between the stress of house hunting and just not being intentional enough with this goal, and then the holidays and everyone giving us sugary treats, this didn't go so well. Planning to try again next year and D is planning to attack sweets with me!

• Budget - We have a rough budget right now, but since we don't have very many expenses, we haven't been keeping ontop of it as much as I'd like to.

> My goal is to set a budget and keep track of income/expenses better.

Budget is set and D is taking care of it, so I don't have to worry about it outside of making sure I stay within the set budget. :)

• Screentime - As with the sugar, my goal is to lessen my intake of screentime.

> My plan with this is to have a place to set my phone during the day. Might get rid of social media, but we'll see what the year brings.

Didn't do super well with this, but I did leave some social media off my phone and that has helped quite a bit.

Side Quests:

• Skin Care - Find a routine and stick with it

Bombed this one completely! Trying again with the new year.

• Workout - At least twice a week

Did better at this than I thought it would and plan on continuing this goal into the new year

• Inktober52 - Participate as much as possible

Dropped this pretty early into the year. We'll see what next year brings.

• Bread - I recently started keeping starters. My goal is to keep them alive and use them

Summer was a bit busy and I had to let them go for a bit. Hoping to start up another sourdough starter soon. :)

• Language - Work on learning Spanish

Gave up, started learning German, gave  up cause it's more fun learning with someone else I think.

• NaNoWriMo - Participate

Didn't happen this year since we were getting settled into our new house and traveling with D's grandma's failing health.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

Spoiler