On 1/23/2023 at 5:02 AM, Artemis Prime said:

College of Glamour

Almost done with chapter 8 of the Sacred Enneagram, and had some interesting discussions with some friends at church. My next spiritual direction meeting is Friday, which I'm looking forward to.

I'm kinda curious how a meeting like that works, may I ask? 

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 1/23/2023 at 2:06 AM, Salinger said:

Hey AP, good to hear from you as always !!!! Hows the barn? xx

Hey Sal, sorry to be so inconsistent this challenge. No additional barn work due to weather.

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

I'm kinda curious how a meeting like that works, may I ask? 

Ask away, although I'm still kind of figuring it out myself. Mostly it is guided prayer time. So I come with an issue that I am currently wrestling with, we spend time praying about it together, although mostly silently, and then we do some Lectio Divina, which is reading a small passage of the Bible slowly and thoughtfully several times, and after each time we pause for reflection and at the end of it he asks me what I took away from it. Other directors do it differently, and he may even do it differently with other directees, but that's the pattern we seem to be falling into.

Not a whole lot of activity on Week 4 yet. I've been feeling kind of off, and think I might be fighting a low grade stomach bug. Tried to work out on Monday and ended up bailing after chin ups, but I did get straight sets of 5x3 unassisted, which was nice. Mostly I've been sleeping a lot in the evenings, no music done yet. I'd like to get another workout in today, but we'll see how I feel when I get home. If I'm still feeling iffy, I might call off tomorrow. Kind of wanted to today because the weather was not good for driving in, but I had a meeting I really didn't want to miss. And yesterday I submitted my resume for the position in the Magistrate's Office, so really hoping to hear something back. They're accepting applications until the end of the month, so I likely won't hear anything until the end of next week at the soonest, but the waiting is killing me. I told my director I applied, because I always feel like you should be up front about these things, especially as there's a chance he hears about it through the grapevine once they start reviewing applications, and he promised to do what he could to get me in there, which was really nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Thanks! That's interesting.

On 1/25/2023 at 4:29 PM, Artemis Prime said:

I told my director I applied, because I always feel like you should be up front about these things, especially as there's a chance he hears about it through the grapevine once they start reviewing applications, and he promised to do what he could to get me in there, which was really nice.

Best possible reaction :) 

Hope you feel better!

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

2023 goals tracker; 206,7/5000km & reading to my kids 16/365 days (updated jan-20)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

All righty, last week was a bit of an off week for me. I was kind of in a mood off and on the whole week, culminating in a really irritable Saturday, but I went and hung out with my sister before having dinner with my grandma and she really cheered me up. Which was extra fantastic, because she's been in kind of a rough spot herself, so lately it's felt like all the support in our relationship was going one way, and it was really good to be able to air some of my stuff for a change and not feel like I had to be the well-adjusted one. Did a lot to start this week off better.

Despite all that, didn't do terribly last week:

Song of Rest

Hit my goals for both guitar and piano. Did not get my trombone out at all. Was feeling a little tired with my lesson book, so I just played songs on the piano, and it's amazing how much easier things are after all the technique practice I've been doing. Also got my grandfather's guitar back out, and there is definite improvement from the beginning of this challenge, but it is significantly harder than playing my dad's guitar, so I will take it to the music shop and see if they can either adjust it or put different strings on it for me. (I mean, obviously they can, they're a music shop, so I guess I mean I'll see which one they recommend.)

Bardic Inspiration

Obviously have not been doing great on this goal. Partly because of my general moodiness lately but also I think because I've been hanging out on discord so much.

College of Valor

Got three workouts in last week, which puts me at 12/16 for the challenge. Not going to worry too much about getting 4 in this week, I've been pretty consistent at 3 and I can make up the extra one in zero week.

College of Glamour

Haven't made too much more progress on the book. My spiritual director had to cancel our Friday appointment, which was disappointing, but we made it up today. I still wasn't totally happy with it, kind of felt like we got more into counseling mode than spiritual direction, but I did get some use out of it and have a couple steps to take to continue exploring just what I want my role in ministry to be.

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf