Hello friends, old and new.

Now that the forums have stopped being a buttface and seem to be letting me log in without resorting to incognito mode, as they have for around two years now, I thought I would try my luck again.

This challenge is all about building my roots so I have a strong foundation for who I am/want to be. I've started using a new to me journal which is all about planting seeds (very small projects/steps) instead of planting trees (trying to start a huge project/task) from the beginning.

My seeds this challenge will be more about deciding what I want. I am still assuredly an adventurer over all else (my one year projects include geocaching, hiking, trying new things) but I need to decide what that really looks like and set up a foundation that will support it.

So, this challenge:

1. 1.8L/3 bottles of water/water with an electrolyte each day. I got hydration tested at work and was found 🌟 moderately dehydrated 🌟 and that is not a good look for a safety person. 😅

2. Move all my furniture to the new rooms and have everything set up with its own place. This might be me trying to plant a tree (a small tree!) but it's doable, there's a reason for it and I will break it down into smaller steps when it is not 4:30am in the morning.

3. Finish writing up my life planning, long term plans, and January project set up in my planner.

And that's it! Small (mostly) seeds to help my garden grow. 

A talent I need to convert to offline gardening.

Happy New Year peeps, and I'll be hanging out in your threads soon (again, when it's not 4:30am in the morning).

• Like 4

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

So far the only goal I've really been able to focus on has been the water (I'm currently away from home, it's not an excuse I swear!)

It's been going well every day - I got tested the day after I was dehydrated and I'm back in the green zone so all good there.

That day I still struggled to make myself want to drink and used another electrolyte powder in one of my 600ml bottles but after that it's been going well.

Managed to get a few more 1 year goals into my planner, now needing to do the 3 year planning.

Tomorrow I'll be flying home so hopefully my next update will be how I've started to move furniture!

• Like 5

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

I really like the concept of planting seeds instead of trees.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Friends it is time to plant another seed. I'm hoping it will grow into a yoga tree.

See, I know yoga would be great for some of my current aches and pains but I've been going through a multi-year journey with my wrists absolutely cracking the shits and giving up.

I've been on and off in occupational therapy with these wrists since before the pandemic. And now my right wrist is managing but my left wrist is just not getting better due to my half assed attempts at following my prescribed exercises.

So, it's now a daily habit to track, along with my water drinking. I've got my next OT session in just over a month so I will keep this goal until then and reassess and hopefully be cleared (because OT is expensive and I am soon to return to my oh woe is me student life).

• Like 4

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

One of the things I've been dwelling on is the fact that I am willing to spend so much money in remedy but nothing in prevention. I think once my OT has ended (hopefully the next session will be my last, or the session after) I will consider ways to spend the funds that can help me keep my life on track, rather than just waiting for it to derail again.

I have continued to do my wrist exercises. I have another 600mls of water to drink today but it is 8:30pm and I need to be up early to catch my flight to work so my fingers are crossed that it will still get done.

I am going to go pack my wrist exercise equipment into my carry on so they actually make it to work with me this time.

May everyone elses challenges be going so well ❤️ 

• Like 2

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Geez, I can't believe it has been so long since I've posted.

My habits have been going well, no misses and this week I have added on making sure I do 4,000 steps a day with the plan to build on that.

Next habit will definitely be something food/diet related but I'll give this habit at least two weeks to start kicking in first before I add anything else.

I realised yesterday that this will be my last full swing at home before the end of the challenge.

I have done quite a bit towards the room organisation, though not completely finished it. Unfortunately I've been waiting for electricians to do their stuff before I can move everything in and have it organised.

Also, there has been little to no goal writing done which may become todays and tomorrows task. I have a semi-full day today but can multitask some things thankfully.

• Like 2

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure