Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! [Jan 1 - Mar 26, 2023)

Welcome one and all, New Years resolutioners and enthusiastic old-hands alike!

I'm back to (mostly) regular posting, so without further delay, here's the newest reiteration of...

The 10/12lbs in 10/12 weeks weight-loss Player-versus-Player challenge!

In discussion during previous PVPs, we came to the conclusion that folks should have the guilt-free option of taking it easy during Week Zeros to refeed, rest and recharge if they so wish, hence the 12/10lbs in 12/10 weeks in the title.  I want you to set goals that you think are realistic (that could even be 6lbs/12weeks or whatever works for you) and stick around for the accountability and camaraderie rather than opting out, beating yourself up, or quitting partway through!

So now's the time to sign-up for a Player-versus-Player accountability challenge sure to motivate you to tackle those weight loss goals!  Of course we only advocate losing healthy weight and using healthy methods to get there, this playful side quest is less about beating your peers to the finish line than it is about challenging yourself, making some new accountibilibuddies, and having a place to share your battle plan or struggles along the way.

Hilarious New Year's Resolutions Memes and Gifs - JaMonkey

Friends don't let friends hoover donuts this close to the beginning of the New Year!

The Rules

1. Sign-up using the SPREADSHEET.  Add your name & starting weight, waist measurements optional.  10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 weeks (roughly 1lb or 0.5kg per week)  is the goal but feel free to increase or decrease the difficulty as you see fit.  Whatever your goals are, you are most welcome to participate (even if you'd like to join in late)!

2. Introduce yourself to your fellow competitors!  Feel free to mention your goals, any battle plans for getting there, and what your primary motivation or inspirations are.  Feel free to mention your Challenge goals or BattleLog too!  This is an excellent place to get to know others from the forums.

3. Update the SPREADSHEET with your weekly weigh-ins.  We're using Monday as the 'official' day, but if Sunday, Tuesday, or any other day work better, go nuts!  Just keep it at roughly a week for tracking purposes.  This challenge is aligned with the current and next 5 Week Challenges, with optional weeks off for Zero Week at the start and in between.  You're also welcome to hop in at any time!

4. Have fun, encourage everyone, and keep each other accountable!

40 Hilarious Workout Fail GIFs To Make You Stay On The Couch

Get hype but stay safe!  Also, anything done confidently cannot be considered failure!  Double also, did I mention the SPREADSHEET?

Tips for Success!

1. Make with the exercise (maybe the cardio zoomies, maybe the heavy uppy-downies or the flippy-dippies?)

2. Do-do the (calorie) deficit. 

3. Gobble up the veggies.

4. Gulp down the waters.

5. Visit and update us (and the SPREADSHEET) regularly to build that accountability network.

6. Share your workout playlist for MAXIMUM HYPE!! 

• Like 5

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

This is just what I need!

Tracee Ellis Ross Yes GIF by ABC Network

• Like 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Okay, weight loss is an actual current goal because 

a) this weight is not healthy for me

b) I would quite like to fit into my favourite jeans again. A year ago, they were snug. Now they just plain don't fit. 

I shall be doing mostly the heavy uppy-downies. Zoomies are what my cats do, I do the steady-scurry. Slow, but consistently so. (One day, I will be strong enough to also do zoomies)

No flippie-dippies. Not intentionally, anyway!

I'm in! 

• Like 4

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

count-me.gif 

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

On 1/10/2023 at 4:31 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Share your workout playlist for MAXIMUM HYPE!!

You asked for it. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

On 1/10/2023 at 4:31 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

Share your workout playlist for MAXIMUM HYPE!! 

I may regret this...and it's been a while since I've listened to it (gym days, pre-covid) but if you notice a theme you're not wrong :lol:

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsFMgZYZe-o_I_t4TliTsvoabgDXs5Ux1&feature=share

• That's Metal 1

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

12 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

You asked for it. 

I did, yes, but no one ever follows through since most of us listen to some weird stuff! 😂

I’m just as guilty 🥸 #nerdmetal

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

#nerdmetal

I have one of those, too!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Weighed in today!  We’ll, and Friday too (that’s part of my challenge) and didn’t quite hit the sun-235lbs I wanted to see today, but I’m keeping track in my app so I can see the number trending downward. 

• Like 2

I had a hunch and went to check out the PVPs and here you are!  I'm on the spreadsheet and ready to go.  I started with last week's weigh in as starting so I'm done 1 pound since then.  I set my goals as 10 but I have a vacation planned near the end of this so I'm thinking that might get in the way by a few pounds.  We'll see.  

I'm trying to get more cardio in but I'm also not logging food at the moment.  I'm so over it and needed a break.  It's been a long break.  Maybe it'll come back.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

My weight went down a bit,  not quite half a pound. But, my waist measurement at my belly was down too, so that's a win!. Also, in comparing my weight and measurements to this spring, I weighed less, but was just about the same measurements, so that means I did add muscle.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 1/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Shello said:

I had a hunch and went to check out the PVPs and here you are! 

Glad to have you again!  I've been flaky AF the past year couple of years, but this is going well so far and I'm gonna milk the motivation as long as I can so it can hopefully develop back into discipline and habit like years gone by.

39 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

My weight went down a bit,  not quite half a pound. But, my waist measurement at my belly was down too, so that's a win!. Also, in comparing my weight and measurements to this spring, I weighed less, but was just about the same measurements, so that means I did add muscle.

Clothing fit victories are in an entirely different class of success than scale victories anyway ;) 

• Like 3

I'm up a little bit to 189, but the good news is that a few of my shirts feel snug in the right places (chest, shoulders, arms), so some of that might be muscle gain since I've been strength training.

• Like 6

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Weighed in at 235.0 (I've never seen a .0 on this scale before) so I'm slowly trending downward.  Ate more around maintenance a few days last week so that's not a surprise; I want to tighten things up a bit and really buckle down on nailing my calorie goals for this week.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:04 PM, WolfDreamer said:

I'm up a little bit to 189, but the good news is that a few of my shirts feel snug in the right places (chest, shoulders, arms), so some of that might be muscle gain since I've been strength training.

Bonus!  Great work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A little frustrated with the scale, as I have no weight loss. Inches are the same. Frustrating, because I felt like I was more consistent this week. But, I also know that's how it goes sometimes. Just keep it up.

I did decide to record my average weight for the week, rather than just one day. I had done that before, and really felt like it gave me a more accurate picture of my progress. But I totally forgot I had done that. 

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I skipped weigh in this week.  I've used up all my spoons taking care of my teen daughter who had jaw surgery, including waking up every 3 hours at night to help her out with meds and whatnot.  I didn't even have the energy to put the scale down Monday morning to weight.  I'm still working on my daily nutrition goals but fitnessing has taken a back burner.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

1 hour ago, Shello said:

I skipped weigh in this week.  I've used up all my spoons taking care of my teen daughter who had jaw surgery, including waking up every 3 hours at night to help her out with meds and whatnot.  I didn't even have the energy to put the scale down Monday morning to weight.  I'm still working on my daily nutrition goals but fitnessing has taken a back burner.  

Sounds like made the right call to give your energy to your daughter.

• Like 2

I saw 232lbs on the scale a few times last week but only 234 today, while still a solid pound down from last week and in line with my goals, not quite the big thrill I was hoping for...

That being said, I did consume a lot of chocolate over the last few days so that's entirely of my doing.

Back into the Iron Crucible today!  There's forging to be done on this slovenly effort I've been making.  ;) 

• Like 4

Hiya, Darci here. 

Been doing really well over on my end, though I just found this little corner to huddle up in. 

Goal would be 10lbs. I'm 2lbs down right now so not quite on track, but I'm finally seeing some actual progress in the last week which I didn't see for the first two. At this point, any loss is good. I was down to about 143lbs last summer. Gained a bit to 147-150 in fall. Travel and holidays did their damage and then being sick with one thing after another (flu, followed by strep, followed by sinus infection, boom-boom-boom) really did me in. I hit my highest weight ever on Jan 5th this year (prior highest weight ever was Dec 31st... that was not a good time) at 165.5. So here I am, finally recovered, finally back to working out, and finally taking ownership of my horrible eating. 

Doing bodyweight workouts at home. Also have a rower and stationary bike for the cardio portions (old injury, running is not happening). I have two pups to walk when the weather (and my schedule) permits. I try to do it most days, though. Especially since the younger pup has only been part of the family for going on 4 weeks and he has some learning to do! 

I'm not in control of dinner (BF cooks) and its family dinner so I compromise by paying attention to portion, focusing on eating protein and veg first, and then changing my lunches (plus any breakfasts I may eat as I'm trying to fast but I work out about 3-4 hours before my fasting window ends and about 4-5 hours before I'd normally eat lunch.) I'm learning and my body is adjusting. I loved how I felt on paleo and fasting so I'd love to get back to that slowly but surely. 

• Like 5

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

My starting weight: 258.4

Week 2: 257.4 (down 1.0)

Week 3: skipped

Week 4: 256.6 (down 0.8)

Good enough for me.  I've really struggled to get back to fitnessing.  I started getting full night's sleeps mid week and my daughter is improving and being more self sufficient so I haven't needed to spend as much energy on it.  But I still haven't done any fitnessing and no longer have an excuse.  This week I must force myself to do something.  

• Like 5

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm holding at 187, which isn't as discouraging as if I had gained, I guess.

• Like 3

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

On 1/30/2023 at 2:54 PM, Darciana said:

Hiya, Darci here. 

So here I am, finally recovered, finally back to working out, and finally taking ownership of my horrible eating. 

giphy.gif

running is not happening

Running is hella overrated.  I, myself, prefer a nice brisk walk, ruck, row, or damn near anything to be honest ;) anything that'll save the knees!  

so I compromise by paying attention to portion, focusing on eating protein and veg first, and then changing my lunches ... I loved how I felt on paleo and fasting so I'd love to get back to that slowly but surely. 

Frankly those are going to be the larger struggles anyway, no matter what kind of meal plan you're adhering to.  Paleo did wonders for me back in the day too, but nowadays I'm content to branch my nutrition out a bit more and just kinda keep whole foods in mind. 

Also, protein brownies for dessert are life!  🤤

On 1/30/2023 at 5:29 PM, Shello said:

This week I must force myself to do something.  

Well, you've written it down here, and you can bet your arse we'll hold you accountable to it!  When next we check-in with weigh-ins, I want to hear all about the fitnessing you accomplished this week.  💪

On 1/31/2023 at 8:22 AM, WolfDreamer said:

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm holding at 187, which isn't as discouraging as if I had gained, I guess.

Glad you're still hanging on.  Maintaining is better than falling off the wagon any day!  Every minute is a new opportunity to switch things around and get back on track.  We make 50,000,000 different decisions a day (or whatever made up # you want there), the next one is always the best time to repawn.  ;) 

• Like 5

I know I'm a day early but for the last two weeks I have been stuck :( but it's better than going backwards 🤔

• Like 4

Spoiler