55 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

I do a pencil under-drawing first, then ink over that and add shading and texture.  It's still nerve-wracking to do the ink part, though.  It's so unforgiving. 

Fair enough - I use that method, too. Inking is not something I do often. I primarily work in pencil, occasionally color, and rarely ink, but I love trying even if I struggle with it. 😅

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

3 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

Fair enough - I use that method, too. Inking is not something I do often. I primarily work in pencil, occasionally color, and rarely ink, but I love trying even if I struggle with it. 😅

I am much more familiar with pencil than ink, for sure.  I only started learning ink techniques when I heard about Inktober and wanted to try it out.

• That's Metal 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

"Constellation"

20230325_210347.thumb.jpg.e7c20a140e41922e0586e012cf58903d.jpg

Spoiler

"A constellation left in her wake, almost like the one across her cheeks. Seven freckles. One for every love she'd have, that's what Estele had said, when the girl was still young. One for every life she'd lead." -- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab

• Like 5

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

11 hours ago, Everstorm said:

"Constellation"

20230325_210347.thumb.jpg.e7c20a140e41922e0586e012cf58903d.jpg

Ooooh, nice interpretation of the prompt!

11 hours ago, Everstorm said:
  Hide contents

"A constellation left in her wake, almost like the one across her cheeks. Seven freckles. One for every love she'd have, that's what Estele had said, when the girl was still young. One for every life she'd lead." -- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab

That says a lot about my freckled face. 😍

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

1 minute ago, MaeradCase said:

Ooooh, nice interpretation of the prompt!

Thanks!  I was super pleased when I thought of it.  I had just finished the book a week or so ago, so it was still fresh in my mind.  All the other ideas I had felt too obvious and/or required multiple techniques.

2 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

That says a lot about my freckled face. 😍

Haha mine too

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

2 hours ago, Everstorm said:

I would like to encourage anyone with an interest to post to the prompts.  Even if committing to the year is too much, just post to any prompt that strikes you.  I would love to see other people's art in here!

#prowl

20230418_193654.thumb.jpg.bee1637a3f95604d45008ccea796dbea.jpg

❤ Thank you for the invitation. I'll finish my second draft first, but I'll give it a try soon. 😉 Love your shark and coral reef!

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Love your butterfly fairy! 

I'm very tempted to join in, but I have no experience and already too many hobbies.. 

Thank you!  I had virtually no experience with ink as a medium when I started at the beginning of the year, either.  It has definitely been a "learn as you go" sort of thing.

I can sympathize with "too many hobbies" as well.  It feels like something is always dropping off.  Feel free to do a one-off if you want; you don't have to make it weekly when you are too busy.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Love your butterfly fairy! 

I'm very tempted to join in, but I have no experience and already too many hobbies.. 

😅 I have yet to reach that threshold, unless you refer to the point at which no time is left for any of them because of the indecision of which one to have fun with at any given spare moment of time. 😂

1 hour ago, Everstorm said:

Thank you!  I had virtually no experience with ink as a medium when I started at the beginning of the year, either.  It has definitely been a "learn as you go" sort of thing.

Ink hasn't been my strongest skill in art, so we'll see how that goes for me. 😜

1 hour ago, Everstorm said:

I can sympathize with "too many hobbies" as well.  It feels like something is always dropping off.  Feel free to do a one-off if you want; you don't have to make it weekly when you are too busy.

And your fairy's "tail" is cute. ☺

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler