• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
spezzy

Weekly Bonus Challenge!!! (week three)

(!!!)

Week Three

After a long and exhaustive battle, you have come out victorious! You and your party spot a tavern off in the distance (there's no such thing as too many taverns), and you decide to take a brief stop to energize and celebrate.

Challenge: Do Something Fun.

I'm not sure how much fun I'll be able to have this upcoming week with last minute school work before finals, but one of my favorite bands is coming to my school tomorrow so I'm going with my roommate and a few friends and we're also going on a couple of local brewery tours before hand. I've been looking forward to this all semester and it'll be a nice break from the end of semester grind.

I'm going to go to another PT meeting at the recruiter's office, and hopefully introduce one of my friends to what real military PT is for an hour and a half. He thinks I was just whining when I was telling him about it.... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

DONE!

Put the shooting sock knitting project that is going slowly and takes a lot of concentration on the back burner and started a cardigan for me because I've been cold. Handspun Badgerface Welsh Mountain and a nice raglan style cardigan. Am also knitting top down, a first for me (does that count as something new?) and am almost to the place where I divide off the sleeves. I don't know for sure if I'll have enough yarn and I can't make any more so top down is the way to go. If I run out of yarn it's a cropped sweater. ;-) My only issue is I will need to be doing the sleeves in tandem so if I run out of yarn I have at least some sleeves on, perhaps short or perhaps 3/4 length. Took it down to the brewery last night and discovered that knitting sweaters is also a beer friendly project. Lace knitting is not, but hats are ok and simple socks. I have decided I need at least one tavern friendly knitting project going at all times because it's so much fun to have a pint with my husband and talk to the neighbors and still feel like I got something done. :-)

I've got a ton of dance events coming up. Show on Friday, workshops on Saturday and Sunday, and perhaps a trip to the hookah lounge on Saturday after the workshop. What a great coincidence this is the challenge this week. :D

I gotta say, I'm loving all the different things that people think are fun. We are a strange and wonderful group.

Done! Went to High Tea at a posh hotel with a history-buff friend of mine. Had delicious tea, fancy sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, and fruit and sweets. Discussed that corsican cad Bonaparte and his rediculous "metric" system of measurement, among other things, all in very bad british accents.

I gotta say, I'm loving all the different things that people think are fun. We are a strange and wonderful group.

Done! Went to High Tea at a posh hotel with a history-buff friend of mine. Had delicious tea, fancy sandwiches, scones with clotted cream, and fruit and sweets. Discussed that corsican cad Bonaparte and his rediculous "metric" system of measurement, among other things, all in very bad british accents.

HAH! That wouldn't have been the Hotel Mac here in Edmonton would it? They have a high tea as well that my wife and I have long considered crashing... because there's now way we'd 'fit in' with that crowd. :)

Nah, Fairmont Palliser here in town. Was somewhat out of place, but meh. My money is as good as everyone elses. It was actually rediculously good. I totally recommend going.

Is it too late for this bonus challenge? I got to go to the Big Chill yesterday. It was a world record setting hockey game between The University of Michigan and Michigan State played at Michigan Stadium. 113,411 people were in attendance. It was made better due to the fact that UM won 5 - 0!

I took a photo, but I need to edit it a bit, as it seems to be too big to post. I will post it later today.

Sign in to follow this