Ziraiah is searching for consistency

I've been doing some sort of workouts every now and then, but I've just really struggled on being consistent over the years. I might start something new, do it some time and then just get bored with it.

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of from running to bodyweight training, dancing, yoga and kayaking. I still love kayaking, but I get to do it just ocasionally at the summertime.

Last year I fell back into bad habits because of depression, and I set myself a goal to take better care of myself this year. 

nervous here we go GIF by Bounce

I've set myself smaller goals for now, just to get started. I've been doing 3 small workouts in a week + walking around with my dog.

My goal is a 7 day dream hike at July 2023. It's going to be around 100 km, with a packback. 

I have a physical job, and I walk around 15000-35000 steps in a work day. That's one reason I'm confident I am able to do that hike. And I still have few months to get in a better shape, before the 3-day practise hike on June. 😅

If there are other adventurous hikers around here, I'd love to hear from you!

• Like 1

I live in Finland, and the hike will be at the very Northern part of Finland called Lapland. It's gorgeous over there! The landscape differs a lot from the nature we have here in the West. I can't wait to see it all. And yes, it's definitely the best kind of motivation. 

Thanks for the warm welcome!

• That's Metal 1
On 1/22/2023 at 4:41 AM, Ziraiah said:

I live in Finland, and the hike will be at the very Northern part of Finland called Lapland. It's gorgeous over there! The landscape differs a lot from the nature we have here in the West. I can't wait to see it all. And yes, it's definitely the best kind of motivation. 

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Well, we already know each other, but anyhow, welcome!! Wow, Finland!! The pics you post are very lovely, I hope I'll have a chance to visit one day. When I was a kid I loved the Finnish singer, Ville Valo :D

• Like 1

Veni, vidi, vici. 

On 2/1/2023 at 3:51 AM, Ziraiah said:

Thank you XBlackWidowX! You are welcome to visit our beautiful country any day. ^^ I've seen Ville Valo performing live years ago, so I know his music. That's so fun you know the singer too.

Aaaw, thank you! When I move back to Europe, I'll gladly travel around. 

Haha, not just knew him, he was my first love in primary school hahahaha xD Ah, idol crushes ^^' 

• Like 1

Veni, vidi, vici.