Darciana Returns from the Dead

I respawned with the new year, but I kept it to myself for a month to avoid overwhelming myself into failure. I feel like now I can really announce my official respawn (though I've been a part of the challenge for a couple weeks now).

This year thus far:

FeelGood Plan - I love that everything is broken into 15 minute chunks or 1% of the day.  I'm focusing on doing those workouts as I simply got bored of the bodyweight plan from NF. I live out in the country, I have a rowing machine and a stationary bike. I try to walk the dogs 3-4 days a week (about 1 mile. Too cold now and soon too hot for them). Gym is not going to happen because I'm NEVER going to drive 45 minutes out of my way to work out. And I'm certainly not waking up at 4am to do that and get back before work. I've progressed to the second workout in the book just this week. I went from 3 days a week of 15 minute bodyweight (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then 15-30 minutes minimum of a fun movement activity Saturday) to 4 days a week (plus that same Saturday movement). Not only is it 15 minute body weight workouts on Monday, Thursday, and Friday but I have cardio sprinters on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm a huuuuge fan of the rower so I did both my cardio sprints on the rower this week. I missed that thing. The book says to change it up so I might walk/power-walk (once the sunrise is early enough to get outside before 7am. Running causes too much pain due to old injuries so I typically avoid it) and use the stationary bike to switch things up. 

Nutrition - I'm just being mindful. I'm trying to get back to a fasting schedule that works. Given I work out early (finished by 7am when I hop on the computer for work) and my fasting window usually ends at about 11am most days it's a struggle. I've been eating 2 hard boiled eggs on days I can't manage until my eating window and that usually suffices. Protein shakes cause huuuuuuge cholesterol issues. I've tried 6 different types and all cause similar issues so can't do that. I'll figure it out one day. Also focusing on listening to my body cues. If I'm hungry, I check in: am I bored? Am I tired? Am I stressed TF out? When did I last eat/what did I eat and could I reasonably be truly hungry now? When I'm eating I'm focusing on slowing down significantly and trying to listen to my body telling me I'm satiated. Focusing on "hara hachi bu" 

Mindset: Daily journaling. I have 2 journals (both dated) that started on the 1st that I had bought in November, knowing the holiday season was going to need to be reversed! One has scripting, what I'm grateful for today, a mantra for the day, whether I met my sleep, workout, water, and food goals, mood, ritual/mindfulness time, 3-6-9 manifestation, and one thing I did to move forward. The other simply is to get my thoughts down at the end of the day and fill in/check off any to-dos that day. 

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

. Esports Signing GIF by Alliance

Welcome! (Officially.)

Sounds like you're setting the bar right where you need it for consistency. Being gentle w/myself and flexible when life happens are both important strategies that help me avoid overwhelm.

• Like 1

"You're not in it to get Most [Recognized Rebel Ever]. You're not in it to be eligible for prizes. You're in this because you made a promise to yourself and you refuse to let you down. Walk the talk. And even when you don't talk much, make the walk so powerful that it leaves no room for questions - from inside or out." -note to self Str7.5 Dex6 Sta5.7 Con11.8 Wis10.4 Cha2 Intro post~Challenge 1~Challenge 2~Challenge 3~Challenge 4~Battle Log 1 Ranger Level 3

31 minutes ago, Emissary2Ornj said:

. Esports Signing GIF by Alliance

Welcome! (Officially.)

Sounds like you're setting the bar right where you need it for consistency. Being gentle w/myself and flexible when life happens are both important strategies that help me avoid overwhelm.

That's the hard part - being gentle to myself like I would be torwards a friend. But I've been pretty good at reminding myself that I'm my own best friend. Tough love is welcome, but gentleness is also needed. I need to treat myself the way I would my actual best friend and I'm muuuuch nicer to her haha Work in progress!

• Like 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

On 2/5/2023 at 2:53 AM, Ziraiah said:

Fbi Welcome Aboard GIF by CBS

Small steps are the way to go. I'm searching for consistency too, so I'm following your journey. ^^

Journaling and a gratitude diary sounds like a great plan. It's always so easy to forget to be grateful, when there are so many things going on in our lives. 

You're more than welcome to join me and give me a kick in the behind as necessary. I've linked my new challenge here. Now to stick with it...Eek! 

For the journaling? I agree. The journal has 2 very short lines for gratitude. I like that because it's not just a prompt that can overwhelm, it's simply write down ONE thing. Today's was that it's a weekday and that means having my routine back (trying to reframe work/week days, particularly Mondays, with something positive). That's it and I feel better almost instantly because I was grateful for something AND I checked a box off my to-do list for the day all at the same time.