Yasha holds steady

Placeholder info: basically the same as last challenge, since that seemed to go well:

Goals, template/info~
⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Teethies [brush em, easiest way is to habit stack it with last pre-bed-pee]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Walkies [3,000+ steps/day. Gym can count 'instead' if I don't quite hit 3,000 - NOTE: Remember to take fitbit off during sign, those 'steps' are lies]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Freggies [2+ per day]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Sleepies [in bed by 10.30]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Cleanies [5min pre-bed tidy tasks, e.g. dishes, folding laundry, picking up random shoe/stationary escapees and putting them back where they live]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Boundaries [no working for free - start work on time, finish work on time, take a lunchbreak. No side hustles at less than $50/hr. NO BURNOUT]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Permaculture [work on my final design exercise for 10min/day. submit it by the deadline: 31st March - earlier is better, coz see 'Communication']

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Meds tracking [transitioning off existing meds thru week 0 and week 1, starting new meds in week 2 - watch for funky side effects from both]

⏹️Money Monday [balance the budget, transfer the moola, update the debt tracker, loop Mx in with current status report]

⏹️ Shitty task [once/week do something that suuuuuuucks- e.g. book MoMo in to get her tyres changed, couples counselling, apply/interview new jobs, etc]

⏹️Communication [Learning Auslan - do the online video lecture, go to class, try and knock over Permaculture FDE because there will be assessments for Auslan]

• Like 3

Following just like last challenge!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Alllllltighty, teensy (unedited/rough draft/ stream of conscious) update because I am about to go to bed~

Had an interview on Monday (yesterday) and I was almost entirely myself, I did it pretty relaxed and while I was a polished version of myself it wasn’t the interview scrubbed version who often turns up in my body in those situations. I want the role, yes, but it didn’t feel life or death and it didn’t feel like I was getting grilled, more like it was a mutual ‘feeling out’ of whether we would be good fits for each other. They must have liked what they felt, coz the boss I’d be reporting to called me today to tell me it’s now a shortlist of two and would I be available this week to meet with the big boss for a culture fit check. I’ll emeet him on Thursday and suss him out too.

Goals for this challenge I will go back up top and edit (maybe), but it’s going to be same same but different as last challenge:

teeth, once per day

daily walk of 3000+ steps,

freggies aiming for 2/day,

Sleepies aiming in bed by 10.30pm,

Cleanies is aiming for 5min,

boundaries is work stays at work,

money Monday seems more sensible than Fridays and for specifics is to do the transfer tango and update the debt tracker and casually update Mx about the current standing.

shitty task can take whatever form it needs be

communication: go to Auslan class on Wednesdays, bonus points for doing the out of class self directed learning.

NEW GOALS:

permaculture final design exercise: spend 10min each day working on it.

meds tracking: take notes of anything that seems noteworthy.

Tuesday 0 week~
◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Teethies

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Walkies

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Freggies

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Sleepies

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Cleanies

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Boundaries

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Permaculture

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Meds tracking

⏹️Money Monday (it’s Tuesday)

Shitty task (couples coaching)

⏹️Communication (tomoz) 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1
21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following.

21 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Holding my place in the follow line :D 

17 hours ago, Shello said:

Following just like last challenge!

welcome GIF

• Like 2

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

Wednesday. Mayhem woke me up at a quarter past four... I swear next pet I'mma name 'Peaceful' or 'Well Behaved', coz Mischief and Mayhem... my gosh, I erred with those names. Managed to sort of get back to sleep, lots of weirdly realistic dreams. Up fairly early and did a bit of remote work before heading in to Auslan class. After class did more remote work until time for the gym. Gymmed, did benchpress. Pretty good effort - reps of 8/8/8/6/5 at 20kg/25/30/32.5/35 - shoulder held up pretty well, but once I was gassed I was GASSED. Home and a little putzing about chipping away at things (I changed the laundry light globe that's been out for a year and a half, huzzah!), now winding down towards bed. 

Wednesday 0 week~
◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Teethies [haven't done them yet, but ticking in advance because I still need to go to the loo before bed and I'll do them then]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Walkies [yep! gym and also hit 6200 steps]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Freggies [yep! a carrot and a serve of fresh berries and Mx made some steamed broccollinis]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Sleepies [ already prepping to do thing on time and I am READY to sleep lol]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Cleanies [it was 10min instead of 5, oops, but it means all the dishes are now done - huzzah!]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Boundaries [a bit of weird flexi-time because working around class, but once I was done I was done] 

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Permaculture [10min, yes]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Meds tracking [vivid dreams, but nothing particularly wild today - very sweaty but that may be unreleated] 

⏹️Money Monday [it’s Wednesday]

Shitty task [couples coaching was on Monday]

Communication [yep - did class today, revision of numbers and colours and family words - learned that the sign for "non-binary" has similar handshape to 'treasure' and 'drag' which should help it stick in my head, learned a new way of documenting/transcribing sign into written English, v useful]

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey! amazing news to be shortlisted, AND being able to just be yourself. 

How the hell could they NOT love you :D

Good luck, is it today??

Or has it happened? Time is weird haha

Love you Yasha xx

Thank youuuuuu! Met the big boss this morning, proceeding to verbal offer- huzzah! As long as there's no surprises from reference checking, should get a written offer next week.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

Thursday - speedy update coz I'm about to dive into bed to make my sleepies goal. Work, many meetings, met the bigboss of the HR role, it went well, going ahead to verbal offer. Went to boardgames in the evening, played Lords of (something- waterdeep?) and Tsuro. 

Thurs 0 week~
◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Teethies [yep, on way to bed]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Walkies [yep! hit 7602 steps]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Freggies [yep! a carrot and a cucumber]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Sleepies [4 min to post this, teeth and bed, gogogo11]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Cleanies [yep, brought in laundry, wiped surfaces] 

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Boundaries [yep] 

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Permaculture [not today]

◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Meds tracking [vivid dreams, but nothing particularly wild today - very sweaty but that may be unreleated] 

⏹️Money Monday [it’s Thursday]

Communication [yep, yesterday]

• Like 1

Friday and it was a bit of a tornado day. Also I haven't proof-read this, what you get is what you get!

- went to work for the final "Dare to Lead" training session. In the lunch break I dashed to the shop to drop off some textile recycling and all the pill packets I've been hoarding, didn't quite have time to walk back before the session was supposed to start, so jumped on a limebike and quickly rode back- still a little late but definitely less sweaty than if I had ran. After work picked up some paper bags to give to a food rescue charity I sometimes use. Got home at 5.33 and the personal trainer messaged "we still on for 5.30?" Eek! Luckily, the training studio is one (two?) houses up from our house, so I stepped out of the car - poked my head in his door to apologise and say I'd be one sec, tossed my bags down at home, peed on the stick (no babies, huzzah - just riding the wild hormones from the change in meds apparently), threw on gym clothes and tumbled into the gym for squatties. Did gud, don't have stats. Very space-cadet today, feeling things slipping out of my head as I try to remember them. Siri is also being a surly teen and not taking notes correctly, so I have to use her to txt Mx if I'm driving and want to make a note, instead of just putting it into the notes section. I will check and see if there is another update coz she is only being naughty since the last upgrade thingy. 

Thurs 0 week~
◼️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Teethies [we shall see - dinner is still on the way but I'm not sure if I'm actually hungry, when it arrives I will decide, and if I have to choose between eating and teeth brushing I'm eating] 

◼️⏹️⏹️ Walkies [yep! went to the gym AND hit 8505 steps, no wonder I feel like I've been running around like a headless chook, I have been!]

◼️⏹️⏹️ Freggies [yep! fruit salad and something else I don't remember I just remember thinking 'goal done']

◼️⏹️⏹️ Sleepies [14 min to post this, eat food, teeth and bed... might miss this one tonight]

◼️⏹️⏹️ Cleanies [yep, put on a laundry load into drier machine]  

◼️⏹️⏹️ Boundaries [yep] 

◼️⏹️⏹️ Permaculture [yes pre-training sesh] 

◼️⏹️⏹️ Meds tracking [the anxiety meds were obviously partially controlling the ADHD, because on days when I've got none I feel quite cray-cray]  

⏹️Money Monday [it’s Friday]

Communication [yep, Wedday]

• Like 3

Saturday: the tornado took its toll and today I was a bit of a mess.

Long version of emotional mess for the meds tracking:

Spoiler

I had three things planned for the day- an Airtasker to scrub our bathroom floor, pickup a food rescue box, go to a customer research interview on the arvo. First up the Airtasker cancelled. Annoying but whatever, I think I was medium/ acceptable levels of annoyed about that. Then on both the drive to and back from the veg box collection I was having almost road rage levels of anger while I was driving- some because Siri wouldn’t turn my playlist on, then she wouldn’t message Mx correctly, other drivers on the road were being absolute idiots (not unusual) and it was like a personal attack that put me in a rage (unusual). Mx helped me unload the groceries when I got home and they told me “hey this pumpkin is mouldy” and I nearly yeeted it at their head (very unusual). I also had a big cry about being so mad- so lots of ick emos going on. Mx told me I was too stressed and I needed to do less and eventually I heard them enough to call in to cancel the interview thing and take ourselves to the water where controlled breathing is required.

In the morning I drove out to pick up a food rescue box, and to drop off the paper bags I’ve been collecting for that charity. There was a bit of confusion around the plans for the day, but I was able to cancel the consumer research session I had signed up for to instead go snorkelling with Mx. it was the correct decision but it took too long to make it, so the tide was going out and it was hella murky at the first beach we stopped at, very windy as well- lots of kite surfers out. We decided to risk the road rage and running out of sun and went to a second beach a 45min drive away. That one was much better, and we saw heaps of rays, some cool seaweed, crabs and plenty of fish including a massive blue grouper that came to check us out. It was good and a reminder that I need to schedule time to rest and to relax, otherwise I cram every waking moment full. With that in mind I have lay down to try and chill TF out.

Sat  0 week~
◼️⏹️⏹️ Teethies [ I’m in bed and I’m not getting up]

◼️⏹️⏹️ Walkies [yep, 6662 plus snorkelling]

◼️⏹️ Freggies [no]

◼️⏹️ Sleepies [in bed and not allowed to get back up for anything other than bathroom or if the house catches fire]

◼️⏹️ Cleanies [I did some dishes in the morning but not the dedicated 5 min pre-bed]  

◼️⏹️ Boundaries [yep] 

◼️⏹️ Permaculture [No]

◼️⏹️ Meds tracking [yes, details in the spoiler]  

🦋Money Monday [it’s Saturday, but I did start this]

Shitty task [couples coaching was on Monday, additionally Mx and I had a good (uncomfortable) conversation]

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Yasha, sorry about the emotions and stress. 

Hoping you can enjoy a relaxing weeeknd?xx

Thanks friendo! I did try to relax, definitely doesn’t come naturally to me, gosh! I did find that I was able to sit outside in the garden chair for 20mins just resting, so that’s a win.

• That's Metal 1

Sunday: very over active brain, tried real hard to keep it from being too much of an overactive body. Medium success. I wrote a list of all the things my brain said I needed to do, forced myself to cross some things off as not priority/not important, showed the list to Mx and they crossed some additional things off for me so the list was reduced by about a third. I did mostly ok sticking somewhat to the list, more things added to it as I was doing things on the list (like I had “bring in laundry” and then later added “fold it” coz I needed the basket). Otherwise had DnD, puddled through a little homework for each Auslan and Permaculture. Sold some bamboo fencing stuff on marketplace, rebooked an anirtasker etc. Emotional damage/ meds tracking behind the spoilers:

Spoiler

Last night Mayhem bit me when I patted her- a really hard, nasty bite- didn’t break the skin but did bruise on both sides of my hand. It was an unjustified biting- no warning and could have easily moved off my lap where she was all smoochy if she was over it/didn’t want to be patted. I cried for about 15mins about the unfairness of the whole situation. Today it was really quite windy and the wind chimes were going nuts. Mx hates the wind chimes so I had put a rubber band around them so they wouldn’t jangle so loud. It was super windy and the band came off at some stage so they were jangling again and Mx said “I thought you tied the chimes up?” And Best Lady (over for DnD said “who even likes wind chimes?”, so I stood up from the table and took a pair of scissors and cut the clapper off the three chimes I had hanging. I’ve had them for over a decade and it was a bit of an overreaction, I am a little sad now- I’ve been wanting to figure out a way to dampen the jangle to about half the noise- maybe by wrapping the clapper in some hot glue circles or something. Scissors probably wasn’t the answer.

Sun  0 week~
 Teethies [ it still counts if I eat more food after I brushed, right? ]

Walkies [fitbit was dead so don’t have stats, but FEELS like I did it]

Freggies [I think so]

Sleepies [in bed]

Cleanies [I did dedicated 5 min pre-bed, dishes]  

Boundaries [yep] 

Permaculture [yep]

Meds tracking [yes, details in the spoiler]  

🦋Money Monday [it’s Saturday, but I did start this]

Shitty task [couples coaching was on Monday, additionally Mx and I had a good (uncomfortable) conversation]

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
21 hours ago, Salinger said:

Sending love Yasha. Sounds like tough moments. Hoping you can rest up today xx

Thanks! Decided to work from home today and it was the correct choice - not having to commute in, nor put on my 'people face' was very welcome today. Plus, it meant Mx and I could go for a walk in lunch and I was able to do some groceries/errands.

• Like 1

Monday~ I worked from home today so I could have a little sleep in and do my work without worrying about all the little extras that come from being in the office (like wearing office appropriate attire instead of shorts and a T-shirt). If I had to have gone in I am certain it would have been a mental health day- too hard to be fit for public consumption. So, I worked, I did a load of laundry, went for a lunch walk with Mx (saw a cool wasp!) and did some groceries/chemist errands. After work I watched the auslan lecture I forgot to watch last week, and cooked up a bit of a storm in the kitchen. Made breakfast egg 'muffins'/mini frittatas. One batch turned out pretty good, the other one feels a bit...wet... I'll see if it comes good after refrigeration and re-heating, it's not awful, just not lovely. With the lunch walk and my trip to the shops/chemist I ended up a bit over 12,000 steps. Nothing new to report on the meds front, a little less angry today that I've been feeling lately, still definitely not patient enough to tolerate it when Mayhem tried to use me as a ladder to get up high. I was able to just remove her and set her outside the office door without having a mega meltdown so that's a win.

Monday week 1~
⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Teethies [yeh ]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️  Walkies [yarp, river walk + errands sees me at 12,354]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️  Freggies [yep]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Sleepies [in bed at 9.30 lol]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Cleanies [I did dedicated 5 min pre-bed, dishes]  

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Boundaries [yep] 

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Permaculture [yep]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Meds tracking [yes, minimal weirdness today]  

Money Monday [yep]

⏹️ Shitty task []

⏹️ Communication [class is on Wednesday, but I did my revision]

• Like 3

Great job on goals for week 0.  Sorry to hear about all the emotional roly polies.  I for one love wind chimes.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

12 hours ago, Shello said:

Great job on goals for week 0.  Sorry to hear about all the emotional roly polies.  I for one love wind chimes.  

Thanks! Y'know, I thought I liked them... but I've been way more relaxed since I modified them... they still jingle occassionally, but it's just when the pipes bump against each other, without the big glass bead in the middle. 

• Like 2

Tuesday ~ worked from the office, did a short walk/errands in lunch, then home time. Bought myself an umbrella while I was out on my errands walk because it started BUCKETING down. Likely some blow-over from the cyclone hitting NZ currently. No segue. Borderline marking off my 'shitty task' because this is now the 4th trip I've made to the hardware store trying to install a bidet - first the install kit didn't have a hose and a connector, then the connector I bought won't fit in the space available, then the hose I bought is female-to-female when I needed a female-to-male. Tell you what, there better be an angelic choir the first time I use this stupid thing, one more trip for either a m-2-f hose, or a converter.

Tuesday week 1~
⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Teethies [yeh ]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️  Walkies [yep - errands in the rain, 8,545]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️  Freggies [yep]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Sleepies [on a technicality, yes, I was in bed watching my Auslan lecture by bedtime, posting this then going to sleep.]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Cleanies [I did some pre-bed dishes - didn't put the timer on but it was minimum 5mins]  

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Boundaries [yep. trying real hard to not let every problem be my problem] 

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Permaculture [yep, 10min putting scientific names to the plants in my design]

⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️⏹️ Meds tracking [yes, another minimal weirdness day thank goodness]  

Money Monday [yep, did it yesterday]

⏹️ Shitty task [what might it beeeeee??? haven't chosen yet]

⏹️ Communication [class is on Tomorrow (Wednesday), I did my revision and most of my pre-lecture]

• Like 3

Sounds like a wild and rough ride with the emotions, Yasha. I'm sorry. Fingers crossed the meds balance themselves out soon.

Great job on the goals though!

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

On 2/12/2023 at 11:08 AM, Yasha92 said:

[ it still counts if I eat more food after I brushed, right? ]

100% - better to do it and eat afterwards than not do it because you're eating later.

Great job on week 0! And sounds like week 1's starting strong too :)

• Like 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up