I Will Not Let Kim Kardashian Ruin My Life!!!!!!

This is an outstanding idea. I'm naming mine Joe Francis (founder of Girls Gone Wild), because under no circumstances is Joe Francis allowed to beat me at anything.

He's a great choice, he is a terrible, icky person!

Ha! I love this! Kim Kardashian is finally useful for something.

I know, right?! Ha.

LOVED this idea!! :D You go girl! Kick KimK's ass!!

I have one more strategy - play 'as if'. Or role playing. Or whatever you want to call it. For example, I had to read something for work, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it, so I pretended to be a news anchor and sat up straight, looked right at the screen, put on a serious face, and went on reading. Hands clasped, shoulders straight, gaze high. Finished it in half an hour. :)

It's called 'fake it till you make it', and I like to make the faking fun. :D

I like that one, too, that's great! I used it once. I didn't want to get out of bed and I felt sluggish, so I pretended like I was a slug and slid out of bed and rolled around and wormed around the floor until it was just too ridiculous and I had to get up and do something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

This. Is. Amazing. You might be my new hero.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -Frank Herbert, Dune

This. Is. Amazing. You might be my new hero.
Love this. And also love that you've inspired so many other people to do the same. See how awesome you are?
she wicked ROCKS!

Geez, I'm not going to be able to fit my head through the door... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

What to call the excessive ego then? Tom Cruise? Tom Cruise won't let me get through the door. Tom Cruise always interrupts me when I'm talking to people. Tom Cruise won't ever let me admit I messed up.

HA!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Thomas Edison

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

I've been really depressed lately, and I'm finally coming out of it, so that's AWESOME. I had to share what helped me, because I think it's just hilarious.

I read that Winston Churchill named his depression 'the black dog.' I decided that I would name my depression "Kim Kardashian" because then I can tell myself all kinds of hilariously absurd things- such as:

Kim Kardashian is really pissing me off.

Eating all these cookies will not make Kim Kardashian go away.

Kim Kardashian is a total bitch.

and my favorite-

Staying in bed with Kim Kardashian all day is a really, really bad idea. (This one actually did get me out of bed after I had resolved to spend the entire day in bed.)

Ouch. That one would get me out of bed pretty sharp too!

This is a great idea. I knew about Mr Churchill's dog, but actually naming your depression is a fascinating concept. Not sure it would work for me - I've sort of done the opposite, dehumanising my depression to the point that I consider it the equivalent of defragmenting my brain. It's a process that just happens, so I let it run in the background and finish in its own time while I make a list and get as much done as I can.

If I were to name my depression... ooh, James Nesbitt. There's something about that man's face and especially his voice that fills my brain with sharp splinters of ice. If I woke up in bed with James Nesbitt I wouldn't simply fight it, I'd try to smother it with a pillow. Gaaah!

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

This is literally the best approach to depression I have EVER heard.

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.†-Mark Twain

Emma, Level 2 RangerSTR 7|DEX 2|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 7|CHA 3

PRs:| Dead Lift: 220# | Squat: 205# | Bench Press: 90# | Power Clean: 67#

Battle Log | Challenge Thread

I Haz a Fitness Blog

To name something is to have control over it.  Well known principle of magic.  If it has a name, it can be defeated.  And sometimes the silliest names contain the most power!

LEVEL 1 Half-Elf Adventurer"Play your part well, for there all honor lies".STG:2 DEX:2STA:3 CON:3WIS:1 CHA:4Fitocracy!

To name something is to have control over it.  Well known principle of magic.  If it has a name, it can be defeated.  And sometimes the silliest names contain the most power!

^ This.

And also, I'm naming mine Saffron.  Don't let the seductress sink her claws into you or she'll take everything you've got, especially your underwear.

Hostile intent is imminent. You prepare for battle.

Don't let the seductress sink her claws into you or she'll take everything you've got, especially your underwear.

I miss the days when seductive young things were after my underwear. These days it's just those underpants gnomes.

I've been slipping into James Nesbitt recently (that sounds horrible on so many levels...) and today I've managed to pull myself out (no, not getting any better!). I think, on second thoughts, I need a sillier, more abstract name for my black moods. Hmm... Birmingham...?

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Guest Livonor

WOW That's exactly what I'm doing, I was reading a post about your learning being like a person and totally takes it TOOO much serious and starting acting like it was really a person, it's a young lady to be precise, I fell like those guys who have relationships with pillows, she's on my bed right now... hey, stop messing with my cell phone, i told you to not touch it!!!!!!!!!

Kim Kardashian has been giving me a hard time for the last few weeks. Trouble sleeping, trouble waking, trouble giving a crap about anything... most noticeable at work, where I'm just struggling to care enough to do even a mediocre job :( hoping it will blow over soon, because it sucks!