Non scale goals for the next 5-6 months: (So I can remember)

• Be strong and mentally flexible for all the opportunities that jump my way
  • Be strong enough to move into a new apartment, and adopt 2 cats simultaneously (fyi I haven't owned a furry pet in almost 10 year, and any breathing pet in 5+ years). 
  • Go to ValleyFair (local Amusement park) with no worries of fitting in rides and keep up with my 6'4 brother (I'm 5'11 but damn last year I had drink an energy drink or 2 just to keep up)

black and white animation GIF by Fleischer Studios

This challenge goals: 

-Start bedtime routine 7/8 pm (I wake up at 5 am... so need the extra time to chill)

-"Move the Body" - Workout twice a week, trying to get 15 mins of "meaningful movement" everyday

-Balanced Plates /Weekly meal plan: Eat mostly from home with "NF balanced plate"

All these goals I realize fall under self care. I also have the "meditation goal" but that right now ties with the bedtime routine. End of the last challenge I found I was having a harder time to go to bed at 7 pm due to the quiet brings up the trauma. I am working with someone on this, but doesn't help that some nights I am just broken. That I'm looking forward to getting cats to help with the loneliness that I've been dealing with. Cats are a bit delayed on owning due to needing to move to an apartment that allows them (the perk is also a bigger apartment for myself). 

• Like 5

On a Retreat until June 17, 2024... Look forward to seeing you on the other side!

Following for kittens.

9 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:
  • Be strong enough to move into a new apartment, and adopt 2 cats simultaneously (fyi I haven't owned a furry pet in almost 10 year, and any breathing pet in 5+ years). 

Ahat kind of pet is a non-breathing pet?

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

Just now, Scaly Freak said:

When They See Us Ava Duvernay GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 2/7/2023 at 8:12 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Following for kittens.

I will try to tag you when I get the rare moment of photo taking with kitties. 

Miswording... lol. I had a fish and I think I was thinking like non-water breathing. 

On 2/7/2023 at 8:17 PM, sarakingdom said:

When They See Us Ava Duvernay GIF by NETFLIX

I also have a plant my parents want me to return... her name is Fred (3-4ft tall). (She is almost too self-sustaining). 

(I grabbed her from my father's funeral... which I realize next month will make her 4 years living). 

On 2/8/2023 at 9:48 AM, Everstorm said:

Following!

Glad to have you here! 

During the week I had a dream I found a recipe book with tasty veggie/protein recipes that also tasted like comfort food... It sadly was just a dream. Just thought to share that with you lol. 

2 hours ago, Chesire said:

FewGrotesqueEmu.webp

I do wish to feel like this at the end of the challenge!

On a Retreat until June 17, 2024... Look forward to seeing you on the other side!

So last week was a full on week 0...

Wins: I did eat some healthy meals admist no meal prep or clean dishes. I ended up eating out more end the end of the week... I did go do a difficult appointment. 

Fails: Sleep, I was running on fumes all week. For me barely 7 hours of sleep isn't enough if I keep doing it. Truth be told it's me having a difficult time with old stuff as I believe I noted elsewhere. 

It very much feels like this song: 

Good part is I do have a weekly appointment to help process things, but having faced some of the stuff makes one feel just raw and isolated. I can honestly say though, I've had worst. Some of my old habits are peaking through strong (hello solid steel weapons I no longer need). 

To give you a feeling on the process being different. Is I feel like I'm fighting warrior with strong weapons that do not work in the water bending lifestyle I have joined... that also are for a better quality life for myself.  

Or if you watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, in the last season there's a firebender that had to learn how to not use his bending through anger or pain but through his heart. 

---

Anyway due to week zero not going well by Friday I realized I caught the cold that is going around my team. Luckily just a cold but enough to make doing the basic chores hard. 

Sore throat, cough and the extra with that. 

Bright side when I impulsively ordered in pho, I found a fantastic restaurant that's a bit of a drive but SOO good. 

Trying to look for noodles and broth that sound good since that mix with a drink seems to be helping. '

When I'm sick I'm discovering I want to eat ALL the FOOD. So trying to slowly clean my kitchen and finds nutrient heavy  foods that I can enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

1 hour ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Miswording... lol. I had a fish and I think I was thinking like non-water breathing. 

Ah. That makes a lot more sense. :D

Sorry to hear you're ill. That makes everything more difficult, and it is just unfair.

• Like 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

2 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

When I'm sick I'm discovering I want to eat ALL the FOOD

I do this too, especially with a sore throat.  Eating provides a few moments of relief, so I keep wanting to eat "medicinally".  Maybe a hot tea or broth would serve the purpose on less calories?

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

On 2/12/2023 at 11:48 AM, Scaly Freak said:

Ah. That makes a lot more sense. :D

Sorry to hear you're ill. That makes everything more difficult, and it is just unfair.

Seriously.... that is how I feel and how I've talked to anyone that has listened to me. This cold honestly feels like a rude visitor while the weather was amazing this last weekend... 😢

On 2/12/2023 at 1:15 PM, Everstorm said:

I do this too, especially with a sore throat.  Eating provides a few moments of relief, so I keep wanting to eat "medicinally".  Maybe a hot tea or broth would serve the purpose on less calories?

Thank you for the reminder. 

Hard part is  in simple terms I was out of spoons to pull it together....

Realize I may need to play with flavors of broths and tea when I'm well. I make excuses that wouldn't work, but I realize all the medicine I'm using is all from my last cold (the store was out when I tried buying newer stuff... was happy when I realized it was hidden away).  I need to check all expiration dates but once in my life I have a tool box of medicine. 

Everything I'm craving is what I enjoy I'm well, but have more of a threshold not to add it to the shopping cart. 

I don't have the energy to play with broths right now, but I need to find some resource I had for good pho broth. The pho I bought this weekend I'm kicking for not storing safely so I could of reused it.... Figuring out how I like my warm soupy foods. 

---

I still feel like crud, but I have the meds down. I had taken the day off and slept for 12 hours. Goal is to go back to bed at 7 and lay down in between chores (I have no clean clothes or dishes). While also working on getting the tea and vegetables out for me to eat up (finally feeling out my high sugar/carb intake is making  me feel worst). 

• Like 1

Showed up to work today. Due to I could actually stand up at 5 am. 

Didn't hit any of my goals the last few days. I've decided to help myself a little by upping the reward. $1 per a point. Goal is not to use the money for a food reward. But I have stuff I would to buy but not a priority on the budget. 

Each balanced plate, day of neaningdul movement, workout and going to bed (bonus for off screens as of 7am). 

This goal in the past has worked. 

I have 1 game I want to buy in April... along with a desire to buy clothes that aren't a priority. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Didn't hit any of my goals the last few days. I've decided to help myself a little by upping the reward. $1 per a point. Goal is not to use the money for a food reward. But I have stuff I would to buy but not a priority on the budget. 

For this always seems to go towards skincare and makeup for some reason... :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

For this always seems to go towards skincare and makeup for some reason... :D

Understandable.... my pretty nail polish stares at me all the time of not being used. I realized I would need to make a specific space and time made to just sit and enjoy.... *sigh*

33 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Understandable.... my pretty nail polish stares at me all the time of not being used. I realized I would need to make a specific space and time made to just sit and enjoy.... *sigh*

That sounds like very appealing non-monetary kind of reward for something... *hint, hint* ;)  

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

That sounds like very appealing non-monetary kind of reward for something... *hint, hint* ;)  

Honestly... you have helped make my reward system endless.

Since I've been cutting back for budget goals, where with the reward system. Almost a good portion of it is to upgrade my home or myself... wowza. 

Now just to keep up my goals so I can enjoy it :)

---

Tuesday - 7 points

3 balanced meals, 1 attempt at home strength training, bonus for drinking a supplement shake, +2 bonus for turning off my screens by 7:02. 

I made Myself a self-love evening of cleaning out the bad food in my fridge while listening to music. Meal prepping a sheet full of English muffin pizza. And made myself a special meal: garlic buttered shrimp (target package), with sides of mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. I found a Hibiscus Ginger Beer at target, that was low cal. Found out the copper mug I was gifted brought out the flavor perfectly!

Ended up being better than if I had gone out to eat for the v-day mehs. 

I did get a panera sugar cookie at work. And saved the peanut butter cup chocolate for another day.... 

I ended up having a day of high energy feeling good, but by the evening my period started with severcramps (not the valentine I desired). Playing around with pain management. Tried a prescription med that was an interesting ride, but short lived. While playing with hot drinks at a chill day at work.

• Like 2

All of the above (except the period) sounds like a wonderful day. :) 

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2023 at 2:26 PM, Scaly Freak said:

All of the above (except the period) sounds like a wonderful day. :) 

Thank you, it really was all over. 

On 2/15/2023 at 6:11 PM, Everstorm said:

Hnng...I have had cramps today, too.  Sympathies 🥺

Uggh, mine seemed to do 1 day of heavy hitting. Where I enjoyed coffee today with just fatigue. Outside of the more brutal pain. May you be able to rest!

Quick update: +8 points from Wednesday. Outside of pain management all day I was thankful for a quiet day of work and got through my 2nd job for a side gig. I went on the walk and went to bed on time for extra points which of course helped. 

Joined the meditation PVP group (or am joining, to help spring board the meditation habit I'm avoiding). 

Also restarted my Pokemon Go  account to help my body get moving as I read NF email on how walking is just good for the body.... Strenth training is just a part of it. 

• Like 1

Thursday 5 points. 

+3 --3 meals (1 was snacks, but fought against buying food while I worked 3 hours late)

+1 -- Meaningful movement - walked a little in the morning and walked a bit at work

+1 -- Went off screens after 8 pm. 

Booh ya! I cash in points on Friday. 

Had some realizations about money, so reward money is going to be used on the nonessential. 

Figured out going out with a friend is essential since I have few opportunities... and very meaningful with each one. 

I had another outing cancelled but replaced with taking out a now Ex coworker to a meal tomorrow to celebrate his new job. 

• Like 1

Friday points: +9

+2 Starting bedtime routine at 7 pm (hated it.. as I literally heard the cars and laughter of people having fun outside)

+1 Meditation for at least 5 mins

+1 Some notes to journal

+4 balanced meals 

+1 Supplement shake 

No meaningful movement, I had forgotten until 7 and realized I would get a point from walking or going to bed on time. Not both.... So it was missed. (Did have some movement for moving through my side gig of cleaning apartment areas quickly). 

Saturday Points: +1

No points for getting up on timish.... I went to the gym and did a workout! I think I did overdo something but was a short delay workout. Was just extremely fatigued were my inner child decided to scroll on youtube reels or netflix.... I need to remove Youtube from my phone again (youtube is the last Social media I have on my phone outside of forums). 

I did go out with a friend, but that lead me not coming home until 8. I stayed up late watching Gilmore Girls. 

---

From zero points to many points. Week 1 was exceptionally better than Week 0. 

I have some awareness also on the importance of moving more due to Newsletter email. I reinstalled Pokemon Go using an old account, with the number 1 rule of I can only play when I'm outside or at a place to walk.  I'm thinking part of my fatigue is realizing the lack of movement I do on a daily basis....  I'm using the gamification to help enforce the habit over tracking... especially since I live a few 100 ft from a Pokemon Gym (could almost get it from my apartment but not quite). 

On Friday also I realized a reason the scale isn't moving even on good weeks is I may be having some under awareness of calories. The one thing I did yesterday was track my calories and protein intake for half the day. Was reminded why that isn't a good idea (hello overeating because I can't seem to shake the fatigue). While also I want to play with meal prepping closer to it. Mentally I have plan, executing it is a whole other thing. I have found a part of youtube that gives great high protein recipes that I would like to play with, but I need to clean out my cupboards a little. 

I am adding 1 goal this week. Going to a Codependent Anonymous group, through a teacher it was suggested. Basically realizing somethings about my current relationships and my ex. To help grow great relationships and any partnership I need tools. Downside all the meetings are during the day or 6 pm at the earliest. I have options and am making plans to go to 1. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 10:27 AM, Loveable_Bouncer said:

It very much feels like this song: 

I love Disturbed versions of this song.  Would a white noise machine or app on the phone help with the "too quiet for sleeping" deal?

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

23 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I love Disturbed versions of this song.  Would a white noise machine or app on the phone help with the "too quiet for sleeping" deal?

It's more in terms of allowing the no more media interaction. It's more of me facing my inner voice and asking to her to be still which can be terrifying when old stuff has been brewing (back in my early NF years I didn't know what I was avoiding, now I can name the darkness which helps a little). 

I actually have the loudest fan I could find at Menards (machine shop fan). For my sensitivity to noise... lol. 

• Like 1

Goals are going well but min tracking. 

I track on NF Coach app for movement and 1 balanced plate. 

I did do meal prep on Sunday and had a rocking exhausting day. 

Meal prepped: cheeseburgers, English muffin pizzas w/ a salad, a kielbasa recipe. I bought turkey sausages for breakfast. 

Kielbasa->  https://www.budgetbytes.com/one-pan-roasted-kielbasa-cabbage-dinner/

Calorie/protein wise is meh due to kielbasa being a fatty meal. My gallbladder cursed at me if I even thought  of adding as much oil as she suggested. I used 1 squirte oil spray for 2 pans and used only a tbsp of the vingeretre per 2 servings. 

Yesterday I made 1 thing to try out - egg white bake. It was more kale egg bake. But I put 5 servings of potatoes in a bottom of a pan, fried up mushrooms and kale on their own without oil. Mixes the veggies with a 32 Oz of carton of egg whites, seasoned with garlic, pepper and salt. Sprayed the potatoes with some oil. Put mixture on potatoes and put 5 servings of shredded mozzarella. Baked it 425 until the cheese was extra toasted and things looked dry. 

I had used one of those big bags of kale and couldn't use all of it due to my bowl not having enough room. I ate up a bit for supper due to craving volume. 

I was going to make some cottage cheese chipotle dip. But I've been eating my carrot chips raw, mini cucumbers with plain cottage cheese and see no need. 

I realize I can stop thinking about food due to everything set up. I find strawberries and almond milk help with before bed cravings sometimes. I wish I had something more fun but I also don't trust myself with much else. Higher cravings either align with fatigue or my gut needing help. Coffee and a supplement due to the trick. 

Lol, it's almost boring this week when I packed a bag of food in case I get stuck at work with the "historic snow storm" we are about to get.... (doesn't start until late my shift). 

--- 

Meditation is also happening with some journaling. Extra movement I'm doing has been helping with the bedtime. 

• Like 3