Starpuck - V:tM Forums by Night

Yes, I am still so DPB for Vampire: the Masquerade that I am running my challenge theme around it.     A fledgling young kindred making her way and trying to survive the nights ahead and make a name for herself.   Actually, the stats for the system work REALLY well for my goals too.   So without further ado, let's ... sink our teeth into this one, shall we?

To survive the nights and avoid pissing off elder kindred, this fledgling will need to follow The Traditions and learn how to user her new powers and disciplines.

Do Not Break the Masquerade

This happens most often by getting caught feeding, so we need to put some rules in place.

• Take no more than you need from your prey.   [Track calories daily.]
  • Don't give into the beast.    [No binges!]    
  • Prey Exclusion : Sweets   [Limit these, they offer no nourishment.]

Clan Brujah.   Learn to use Celerity, Potence and Presence

Potence    ● ⚬ ⚬ ⚬ ⚬     [Strength Train 2-3x / Week]

Celerity ● ⚬ ⚬ ⚬ ⚬   [Move 2-3x / Week]

Presence  ● ⚬ ⚬ ⚬ ⚬   [Music and Art / 2 hours each / week]  (Piano, Guitar, Bass, Art)

These are the things I've been working on, and while the music and stuff has really become a nice habit, the food is the biggest challenge right now.   I need to make that the priority!  That and putting a little more ... hmm, intention behind my work outs.    I have my annual physical in 6 weeks and would like to slide in on a hot streak of being on the good path.     This mental motivation to get going comes with an extra complication though - lol.  

Spoiler

I am currently a week into having Shingles.   I was pretty shocked by the diagnosis.  (Started with an ear ache, that turned into a whole line of swollen lymph nodes down just the left side behind my ear and neck.   Then I felt a lump on my head, and my scalp got super sensitive.   Got in early and on anti-virals.   So I have one half of my head really sensitive, and itchy.   Plus some phantom itches around my left eye / hairline.  But, no blistering rash!  Just a few spots on scalp that are pink.)   But it's left me feeling like 'is the other shoe going to drop' or 'is the diagnosis wrong and something else is going to hinder me?'    (because that's how Puck brains work)      The plan is to just listen to my body extra carefully, and give this thing the few weeks they say it takes to run full course,  but so long as I feel up to it and it doesn't make head worse, continue to workout.

"Where's the fun without complications?" - Beckett

Beckett Without a doubt, Beckett is one of the most charismatic and  memorable characters of the computer game.. | VK

Finally ... vampires, for as much as they are now predators, are also oddly social things.    The interactions, the politics, the posturing... all of these things become the night in night out routine of their immortal unlives.   To that end, I am also adding the Social Goal here of doing much better about checking in, updating my posts and following all of you lovelies.

• Like 8

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Yussssssssss! I'm excited to follow this journey! But, as a werewolf, I am cautiously optimistic....it's in my nature ;) 

Spotted Alien Monster — werewolf-gifs: Dance in the Vampire Bund (2010)

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

As a friend of the Puck and positively predisposed towards Brujah (one of my 3 top V:tM clans), I am very much here for this.

On 2/9/2023 at 12:18 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'll do my best to keep turn undead off while I'm around here.

Might I suggest looking up another of my top 3 V:tM clans? Sure has my vote as this game's "content most likely to vibe with our beloved NF chaplain" ;)

• Like 3

Lvl 58 Multitasker

On 2/8/2023 at 2:44 PM, Elastigirl said:

Great challenge! What do you think leads to your binges?

Emotions; lol.  All of them.   Boredom mostly though.   That and when something tastes good, I have the hardest time stopping.  And once I've splurged on one thing I write off the whole day.  Ugh!

On 2/8/2023 at 3:15 PM, Artemis Prime said:

Black And White Vampire GIF

Very excited for this!

Yessss, beautiful fangs my dear.   You're welcome to my domain any time.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:33 PM, Wild Wolf said:

Yussssssssss! I'm excited to follow this journey! But, as a werewolf, I am cautiously optimistic....it's in my nature ;) 

Spotted Alien Monster — werewolf-gifs: Dance in the Vampire Bund (2010)

Wolf

HAh, don't fret little lupine.    My beginnings were as a werewolf too.  Over 20 years of experience playing a werewolf in the same world setting.   But suddenly, the leeches got their fangs in me, and I am blood bound to them!     Good to have you here.  I'll be sure to keep the Sheriff off you.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:55 PM, Cheetah said:

Bela Lugosi Dracula GIF - Bela Lugosi Dracula Vampire ...

BLAH!  BLAH I say!  :D

On 2/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'll do my best to keep turn undead off while I'm around here.

Oh thank you kindly for that.    I'm more concerned about your true faith, but I hear that the best chaplains actually extend their grace even to the fallen ones.  

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

As a friend of the Puck and positively predisposed towards Brujah (one of my 3 top V:tM clans), I am very much here for this.

Might I suggest looking up another of my top 3 V:tM clans? Sure has my vote as this game's "content most likely to vibe with our beloved NF chaplain" ;)

I totally totally see you as True Brujah.  And I love it!    We've only been allowed to dabble in the 7 Camarilla clans of 20th edition, but as 5e is out (and I am running a game in it soon) I have seen a bit of the this other clan.  (Watched a one shot stream of it, with the lovely Josephine McAdam playing that clan.)    And yes, very fitting our Tank.   My favorite part of this post though is 'friend of puck'.   #feels.   Thanks buddy.  Right back atcha.

6 hours ago, sylph said:

Here for this :)

Hello Discord frend!!  Glad to have ya here too.

The work week portion of Zero Week is over and ... it's only going half well.    I've not felt very motivated for anything, but I have managed to get some music and art in.    Exercise has been BAD.  Food has been BAD.   Going to really try and get the weekend in line and then hit the start running.     My head is still sensitive and a bit itchy, but I've run the full course of antibiotics for the ear infection and antivirals for the shingles.    Now it's up to the bod to finish the fight off.    I really hope that by end of the weekend, things are almost back to full normal.   I bought new headphones to work with my recording stuff and it hurts to wear them hahaha.  So unfair. 

I finished a picture request a friend asked me to do.  (Her cat just passed from lymphoma, and she asked me to draw a pic of her and him together.)   It's neat in a way,  because while I still am not super happy with final results, I looked back at the last time I drew her a memorial pic of her and another fur baby, I see HUGE progress.   Anyway.  Here's the final pic of her.    Tonight, since I worked from home and did all my music while working, is going to be a full on game night!

fuzzle.jpg.4a0fa005e257456ec96e640cd97bc61b.jpg

• Like 3

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

15 minutes ago, starpuck said:

Oh thank you kindly for that.    I'm more concerned about your true faith, but I hear that the best chaplains actually extend their grace even to the fallen ones.  

It's not my grace to extend, but yes, "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy" and all that.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Week 1 Day 1.   Proper.  Monday starter style.  OG here, yeah. 

M1-1:

The weekend was not tracked or minded at all.   I think I fell into the 'it's my last hurrah' trap.   It won't be a problem once I get a few days of a streak going, since I hate ruining streaks.

I did get a lot of guitar time in last week, and was within 5 minutes of meeting my piano/bass targets.   Art was a flop.   Fighting off the shingles made me favor video game distraction, vs art distraction.  Hoping the art muse returns this week.

Recovery is going well I think.   I never did get the blistering rash.   Just pink blotchy spots on my scalp that were very itchy and SUPER sensitive.  (Combing hair was painful!!)   The 'ghost' itches on my face have stopped, the lump on my head is gone, and my glands are almost normal sized- almost.

Today's plan is either a walk outside (it's supposed to hit 50 today and the sun is out!), or inside dance video.   Then Tue/Thur will be strength days.)  I need to get some more prep work done for V:tM game I am getting ready to run.   So that's the plan for this week.     I'm grateful that we've had like a week of sun!!  I'm grateful for temps that have been milder than most winters.   I'm grateful for a cozy office and a workplace I ENJOY going to every day.

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Tue:  1-2

Last night I got art, piano, guitar and laundry done.   I also played some Bloodhunt and got into bed on time.   Food was 100% on board and tracked.     All in all a good day.       Today is strength day and I'm fighting a weird semi-hamstring tigthness-wants to pull thing, so I need to play it careful.    Bass when I get home, and then Tues is the new game night, and we're all really into this Vampire:tM Bloodhunt shooter game so probably that.    I've sent out some feelers on FB to see if anyone can recommend a guitar teacher for me, so that line is in the water.   

Thankful for the really beautiful robin in my tree at work- noticing how bright orange his chest is, and how his shiny black head is contrasted by the ring of white that highlights his eyes.   He's just looking around and fluffing his feathers and seems so at peace.    Also thankful for faux moto jackets and rocking beats on the Spotify this morning.

Dance Cat GIF

• Like 3

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 2/8/2023 at 3:32 PM, starpuck said:

Learn to use Celerity, Potence and Presence

Hello Starpuck-puck-puck!

I loooooove these as power words actually.  💪

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Wed: 1-3

Yesterday was good.   I got my lift in, but the hamstring woes really did put a halt on squats and deadlifts.   I am still feeling the odd pulling/tension deep in the hamstring/inner thigh area of my left leg.   Very annoying as I am ready to hit it hard and this is slowing me down.   Today will be a dance workout for some sweaty goodness.   Got about an hour of bass in.   I am really frustrated with how my tone sounds- and this is one of the reasons I really want to find a teacher.  Someone that can watch me and show me how to get a sweeter sound.    Game night was fun despite me getting totally owned in like everything lol.   Sleep's not been as good as I'd like, and I think it might be due to some tension headaches in the evening.    The Shingles biz is slowly improving.    Head is medium sensitive, and I am eager for it to feel normal.   Final lymph node is still a noticeable protrusion behind my ear, but going down (I think.)  Food tracked and on target.   My 'planned' something sweet after dinner has been pudding and that is working out great.     I really need to crack into that software but I have no idea where to start.      It's one of those so overwhelming you just avoid it tasks currently.   Grumble pants.

Thankful for super yummy maple-dijon glazed porkchops last night.   Thankful for friends that laugh when I suck at shooter games 😛 and for a community of nerds here, who know me and support me even through some pretty personal hurdles of life without judgement.  ❤️

• Like 5

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

22 hours ago, starpuck said:

and for a community of nerds here, who know me and support me even through some pretty personal hurdles of life without judgement.  ❤️

Ditto. This is definitely a group of people to be thankful for.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Thu: 1-4

Recap from yesterday is a solid report.   Got exercise in (dance fitness, woot) but the hamstring is still an issue.  It really fires up when I do a wide stance forward bend or stretch.   I would like this to go away now please.  Kthnxbai.     Food was on target.   I got some piano and guitar practice in and also some art.  I also played too much of the Bloodhunt game - but I still got all my other check marks in,  so I think it's fine.      Today is the next strength day and I really would like to stop missing squats, but they hurt my issue too much *waaah*.    Tonight is Vampire night, and I am hoping it's not canceled on account of us getting some snow this afternoon.     Going to finish working on the Vampire game I am running with some more prep between work foo as well, and I should try and get a sketch in as I am now out of things to digitize.

Here's me playing along with Halsey's Beautiful Stranger.   I had the background music up too high, so sometimes you hear the actual guitar from the video, but mostly you can hear me playing along in a way that matches!   (Also, you can see the death grip + fancy pinky style of my fretting hand lol.)

And the final quicky art of "Bad Dog"  - my lil punk kid with a heart of gold.

Thankful for (this one is harder today as I am kind of stressy and moopy) :  the ease at which we can acquire our food and groceries, a work wife that makes the best coffee for me daily even when she's not having any, blue nail polish and fake nose rings lol.

• Like 5

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Not in a place where I can have sound coming out of my phone. I can, however, see the thumbnail on the video, and you look so cool holding that guitar. That's like album-cover level of cool.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Weekend Recap into full week report...   Let's see...

It was a pretty busy weekend and it really worked against me meeting my goals.    I had a hair appt Saturday morning that goes from 10-1 (my sis and I book two spots together) and so half the day is used up with that.  We stop at McDonalds on the way, and I always end up caving in and getting a sandwich AND a burrito, because I know just one will not hold me till after 1pm.   Then I get held over till 2-3, then get super hungry and pig out for early dinner.   In this instance, it was a planned outing to Red Robin where I got my fave burger lettuce wrapped.  But then we went to the Japanese Market and I had black sesame/red bean ice cream and bought too much red bean cake, and at them all in one sitting.     

Daifuku Mochi - Japanese Sweet Bean Rice Cakes | Wandercooks

Sunday was church and it was great.  Our Feb series is "Love is..." and each service they are opening the singing segment with 80s rock songs/ballads.   Last week was Huey Lewis and the Power of Love, yesterday was Bon Jovi's You give Love a Bad Name.    I cleaned up my room and then played an hour of Blood Hunt with just my nephew, and that was so fun.   Then it was shopping (where I got myself in trouble again with food), baking, cooking dinner and Sunday D&D.   The Sunday D&D game was ALL combat and so in between turns I was snacking relentlessly. Grr.

WEEK 1 TALLY

Do Not Break the Masquerade

This happens most often by getting caught feeding, so we need to put some rules in place.

• Take no more than you need from your prey.   [Track calories daily.]    5/7    (Saturday & Sunday were failed.)
  • Don't give into the beast.    [No binges!]     Saturday was VERY bad.   Failed my Self Control roll big time.  Sunday was a slow burn into a failure.
  • Prey Exclusion : Sweets   [Limit these, they offer no nourishment.]    Did amazing M-F.    Saturday afternoon into evening was bad.  Sunday night gaming was bad.

Based on the above performance, I am pretty sure the Sheriff is going to be stopping by to comment on my sloppy masquerade game...

Ah yup.  He did.   He's 'covered' for me as the clean up was pretty easy this time, but I owe him a boon for it.   Shit!  

BOON OWED:    4 'planned' sweets must be swapped out for fruit/healthy sweets only.

Owed to:   Balthazar - the Sheriff of Chicago

xKlqute.jpg

Clan Brujah.   Learn to use Celerity, Potence and Presence

Potence    ● ⚬ ⚬ ⚬ ⚬     [Strength Train 2-3x / Week]    2 Strengths!  (Even having to work around a hamstring twinge.)

Celerity ● ⚬ ⚬ ⚬ ⚬   [Move 2-3x / Week]   3 Moves!   (3 days of Hip Hop Fitness.)

Presence  ● ⚬ ⚬ ⚬ ⚬   [Music and Art / 2 hours each / week]  (Piano, Guitar, Bass, Art)   14% short on goals   - I was 15 minutes shy on Bass, and 20 shy on Piano.   Art I was 20 shy on.  Not the worst, not the best.  

Need to roll into week 2 with a better plan.  Might have to bust out the BuJo and write down my daily plans/goals so I don't get stressed last minute and wing it.   I had poor sleep over the weekend, so I didn't wake up today full of GO GET'EM NESS!    That and for sure on time bedtimes this week hah.   Well,  I guess it's just time to hit it.

• Like 4

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

I don't know what I want to say or how to say it, but part of the plan moving forward probably would benefit from including a more realistic approach to the weekend.  More grace for yourself and more realistic expectations for the weekend. Maybe bring snacks if you're goi g to be busy around lunchtime?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Great job on getting movement and strength work in!

Thanks.   At least I always seem to get one of three done well lol, right?

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't know what I want to say or how to say it, but part of the plan moving forward probably would benefit from including a more realistic approach to the weekend.  More grace for yourself and more realistic expectations for the weekend. Maybe bring snacks if you're goi g to be busy around lunchtime?

Yeah, that's a really good suggestion actually, and I don't know why it never dawned on me before.   I need to find some nice portable snacks that I also get some enjoyment out of for this to work the very best, so I'll put some thought into that this week.

Monday Final

I was in a bear of a mood today.   (Chalk it up to not great sleep over weekend and reading articles /housing market stuff.)   It threw me off bad during the day and so I skipped the lunch workout and just ate some soup and sketched a bit at my desk.    Today I have to just take the 'got my time in' approach, because aforementioned mood reflects on all my attempts at things as 'god awful, don't bother'    Thanks to the lovely @Keladris, who encouraged me to put my workout shirt on and also mentioned she tried Beat Saber for the first time, I DID actually come home and do a cardio session with that after work.      Food was tracked and healthy, and I made my first payment to the Sheriff.   Instead of my yummy pudding tonight, I had half an apple with some peanut butter.   It was a honeycrisp.  I HATE honeycrisp.    I got some piano and guitar in and now I am going to play 15 minutes of a calm game and then get into bed.    Working on Down in a Hole by Alice in Chains, fingerpicking style.  This is gonna be a challenge!

• Like 2

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

15 hours ago, starpuck said:
  • (Saturday & Sunday were failed.)
  •  Saturday was VERY bad.   Failed my Self Control roll big time.  Sunday was a slow burn into a failure.
  •   Did amazing M-F.    Saturday afternoon into evening was bad.  Sunday night gaming was bad.

I came here before visiting my thread, but I saw on the feed that you'd commented about weekend struggles. Let's trade ideas, work out a way to do better.

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

In keeping with your theme, would you be able to recruit your coterie to help you on the weekends? Give your sis permission to point out when you're starting to binge, or take a bag of veggies to D&D night and ask your group to nudge them toward you if you start doing a lot of munching at the table.

Also, not to erase accountability, but 5 good days and 2 off days is still like a 72% success rate, so it's not failing by any means. That's a solid C right there.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf