Intro - Corvis shaking the dust off his feathers.

As the moon rises, dark wings stretch out and shake the dust away. Dark eyes blink for the first time in a while as a dark form rises from the shadows. A curved blade, darkened with age, catches a glint of the moonlight as a slight smile forms.

As a brief introduction, I am Alistair Corvis.

After reading through the rules here, I decided to accept the mantle of Assassin as my primary workouts at this time are bodyweight in style.

If this this remains the choice, only time will tell...

Until then, I look forward to networking with you all.

• Like 2

Amor Fati is a phrase that may be translated as "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one's life, including suffering and loss, as good or, at the very least, necessary. It is a philosophy of acceptance that one's choices determine the path and accepting that both past and future are in one's own control and one's own responsibility.

Level 1 Assassin

STR 12 | CHA 10 | CON 10 | INT 12 | WIS 13

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome! Do you have a routine that you follow for your workout?

I have regular patterns but keep things organic. 

Average workout:

2 mile walk to warm up

Pyramid planking starting as 10 sec intervals and rising to 3 minute at the peak with 10 second breaks.

1 mile run followed with 1 mile return walk.

I add and remove variations randomly to break things up.

• Like 1

Amor Fati is a phrase that may be translated as "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one's life, including suffering and loss, as good or, at the very least, necessary. It is a philosophy of acceptance that one's choices determine the path and accepting that both past and future are in one's own control and one's own responsibility.

Level 1 Assassin

6 hours ago, datauptime said:
What does shaking off the dust mean?

Depart in a hurry, especially from an unpleasant situation; also, leave forever. For example, I couldn't wait to shake the dust from my feet; I never wanted to see either of them again. This metaphoric term, alluding to moving one's feet fast enough to shake off dust, appears in several books of the Bible. [ c.

In this case it was a symbolic reference to shaking off more sedentary habits that had formed during Covid and resuming a journey of building a better version of myself. I hope this answers your curiosity. 

Level 1 Assassin