Sovalis: Waking the Bear

19 hours ago, Mistr said:

Your new rocks are beautiful!

Good on Dave for being supportive and encouraging you to get things you love. That is a great example of how your current relationship is much healthier than your previous relationship.

Dumbledore has been encouraging me to take time to play computer games and do fun things. We are also having conversations about how to balance short term and long term financial goals with money from his mom (most of which will show up at some undetermined future date after her house is sold). Sounds a lot like your discussions with Dave.

Thank you, Mistr!

Yes, he’s a much better fit for me. 

I am so glad Dumbledore has been supportive and encouraging of your time to play and have fun. And I am glad you are talking through the financial stuff in advance, that probably helps with stress and expectations. 

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I have rocks and fossils. Some are from my grandfather, who was a rock collecter. One was a gift from my dad, when I was a young girl. Some I've bought. And several are just fun rocks we've found at the beach or trail.20230425_151151.thumb.jpg.b6c20fc36b58f046661b354a95857914.jpg

Thank you for sharing your collection with us, EG! ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Sov, how are you doing today? xx

Hi Sal! I am doing quite well so far today, thanks! ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

Well this sounds incredible

It’s *so* good. Hot, not too sweet, very fruit forward. I wish it hadn’t been $17 for a 250 ml jar! I just got the $10 little one!

4 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

I've been thinking about this too - I definitely regurgitated the same challenge a few times this year as it was mostly working, but tweaking a few bits, and now I have a better idea of what I want to do next while still keeping the main parts going. I was thinking/explaining to someone yesterday about how when I started here it was all about building habits, and there are several things I just do now because they were in a challenge years ago, and now they are firmly habit.

Unsurprisingly I've gone on a tangent, but my point was that keeping existing things that work is good, tweaking/replacing others is good, and full on copy+paste is fine if you don't have the energy to think of something new :D 

Yeah, I feel like keeping what is working and tweaking is the way to go for me. I am definitely interested in building lasting patterns so repetition is the name of the game, I think…

Hi Friends!

Today has been quite lovely so far! I got up with my alarm at 7, had coffee with Dave, did my Tarot and some work in my Bujo, then he left for work. I scrolled my phone a bit and then felt restless, so I decided to get up and do a dumbbell workout. That was good and didn’t take too long to get the three sets done. My arms were fatigued by the end. It’s amazing how a 6 lb weight can feel heavy or light depending on what movement you are doing with it! After that I had breakfast and got ready for work. I played with Sax and then walked. It was +8C on my walk and I was glad I hadn’t worn my scarf, I would have been too hot. The sun was beautiful and the walk was smooth. Got my coffee and a sandwich from Jack’s because I didn’t get to make my soup last night and will have that with the cucumbers, snap peas, and almonds that I brought from home. 

Last night when Dave picked me up from work he asked if he could take me for supper. I was surprised, in a good way, and said yes. So we went out. The place Dave wanted to go to didn’t have a ton of gluten free/grain free options, so I had a steak with salad and green beans. It was pretty good! I was hungry enough to polish off the entire thing, but I didn’t feel over full which was nice. Then we headed home where we both prepared for games we were running that night: me for Follow Me Down and Dave for BattleTech. My game went really well, and then my friend and I talked a bit afterward about the nature of gaming and game design and play. It was a great conversation. I marched off my last thousand steps before bed. Dave laughed at me, but not in a mean way.

My Tarot this morning was about childlike wonder, ritual, and sacred play and how all of that ties into the beginner mind. This feels important because I’ve been thinking of what I am doing for my next challenge and I have decided to attempt the NF Beginner Bodyweight exercises again next challenge after being away from them for most of a year. I am nervous and worried I’ll fail a lot and get discouraged, but I won’t get better at it if I never start doing it. I am going to do my best to stay in beginner mind for them instead of frustrated/expectant  adult brain and see if that mindset helps make things more approachable. Children are very physical in their play and that is something I was encouraged out of very young, so I think trying to get back to that will be weird and also healing if I can manage it. I have a lot of fear of injury because Dave is gone so much and my world would be difficult to manage if I were injured, but I can do things slowly and steadily and carefully. And the fear isn’t rational in its volume, just persistent.

Speaking of Dave leaving, Maple Resolve starts on Monday, so I won’t see him again for ~3 weeks. With the strike going on he won’t be leaving base, so it’s the same as if he were away somewhere else entirely. I hope that it goes well for him and I am relieved that we will have a few months of “normal” once this is done before he leaves for Latvia again in August. He’s ready to be less busy, too.

Tonight I am making my soup *for sure this time* and hosting paint night. Not sure what we are eating for dinner yet, but maybe burgers or smokies as we have those in the freezer. Or soup, as I won’t need six servings for this week now that the week is half done and I can make more on Sunday…

I hope that you get some deeply satisfying movement in today! Thanks for being here! ❤️ 

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

My Tarot this morning was about childlike wonder, ritual, and sacred play and how all of that ties into the beginner mind. This feels important because I’ve been thinking of what I am doing for my next challenge and I have decided to attempt the NF Beginner Bodyweight exercises again next challenge after being away from them for most of a year. I am nervous and worried I’ll fail a lot and get discouraged, but I won’t get better at it if I never start doing it. I am going to do my best to stay in beginner mind for them instead of frustrated/expectant  adult brain and see if that mindset helps make things more approachable. Children are very physical in their play and that is something I was encouraged out of very young, so I think trying to get back to that will be weird and also healing if I can manage it. I have a lot of fear of injury because Dave is gone so much and my world would be difficult to manage if I were injured, but I can do things slowly and steadily and carefully. And the fear isn’t rational in its volume, just persistent.

I've done the NF Beginner Bodyweight exercise series before, using the NF Journey app. It has options for scaling each exercise. For example, you can do pushups at any height from shoulder height on a wall to table height to the floor or even with your feet elevated. The idea is to pick a level that feels a little challenging, do it until it is easy, then move to the next level. The app will remind you to do your exercise routine, but it does not nag you or say anything if you take a couple days between sessions.

If you feel twinges, back off on the exercise. Maybe you need to stretch. Maybe you need to do a different exercise until you have better range of motion or better strength in the supporting muscles. There is little risk of injury if you take it slow and listen to your body.

Tonight I am making my soup *for sure this time* and hosting paint night. Not sure what we are eating for dinner yet, but maybe burgers or smokies as we have those in the freezer. Or soup, as I won’t need six servings for this week now that the week is half done and I can make more on Sunday…

I hope your soup cooking goes well. I made split pea soup this weekend and it did not turn out right. Not awful, but the texture is wrong. And I think it is giving me gas. 😕 I suspect it may end up on the compost pile, much as I hate wasting food.

• Like 1

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

19 hours ago, Sovalis said:

How are we so consistently on the same wavelength? 😂 I was going to wipe off my Beginner Bodyweight Exercise counting chart (it's laminated so I can use dry erase markers) and get back to it next month. I want to get back in motion since this month has been all stretching, no working out. 😅 (Not to mention I have biking to do, to make it a regular habit somehow)

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

21 hours ago, Mistr said:

I've done the NF Beginner Bodyweight exercise series before, using the NF Journey app. It has options for scaling each exercise. For example, you can do pushups at any height from shoulder height on a wall to table height to the floor or even with your feet elevated. The idea is to pick a level that feels a little challenging, do it until it is easy, then move to the next level. The app will remind you to do your exercise routine, but it does not nag you or say anything if you take a couple days between sessions.

If you feel twinges, back off on the exercise. Maybe you need to stretch. Maybe you need to do a different exercise until you have better range of motion or better strength in the supporting muscles. There is little risk of injury if you take it slow and listen to your body.

I hope your soup cooking goes well. I made split pea soup this weekend and it did not turn out right. Not awful, but the texture is wrong. And I think it is giving me gas. 😕 I suspect it may end up on the compost pile, much as I hate wasting food.

I was doing the Journey app last year and there were a few things (inchworms and lunges, I am looking at you!) that were really uncomfortable or made me trepidatious. I am going to do the one off the NF blog for a while and see where that gets me and use my stairs at home to modify my lunges so they aren’t so scary. I will go slow and listen carefully to what my body is saying.  Soup went well! It’s another round of the Zappa Toscana. I used hot Italian sausage from a different store this time and it has a lot more something in it (fennel? Smells like fennel) that is different from the other brand I was using, so there’s that. And I added a garlic infused chicken broth instead of a plain chicken broth, so hopefully the tweaks don’t change it too much. I am sorry that your split pea soup didn’t turn out and that it might be making you feel bad. I know that you don’t like wasting food, but please don’t suffer the soup if it’s not good for you. 

4 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

How are we so consistently on the same wavelength? 😂 I was going to wipe off my Beginner Bodyweight Exercise counting chart (it's laminated so I can use dry erase markers) and get back to it next month. I want to get back in motion since this month has been all stretching, no working out. 😅 (Not to mention I have biking to do, to make it a regular habit somehow)

Yeah, we are often on the same page, aren’t we? :D I don’t know if I should laminate mine or print a new page each time and let them accrete. I like paper accretion for feeing I am making valid progress with my goals, but it’s not ideal for environmental reasons… I am excited for your biking!

Hi Friends!

There was no paint night last night, which ended up being a good thing. I made my soup but because I didn’t have a solid plan for supper and was surprisingly ready for food yesterday, I grazed on ~6 tablespoons of peanut butter, a handful crackers, another handful of tamari almonds, and two Babybel cheeses while the soup was cooking, then had a bowl of that while we watched Ted Lasso. Not a balanced meal and there was some impulse wheat in there, although the high fat content finally gave me a feeling of satiation after feeling like something was missing all day yesterday. I was over calories and macros for yesterday by a decent amount (300 calories, 25g carbs, 17 g protein, 10 g fat) but it’s not awful when I think about how I used to eat. I don’t want to be repeating the part where I wasn’t prepared, but the “damage” could have been worse. I anticipated that dinners were going to be the problem when Dave came home and I was right. Adding to the mix, he wasn’t feeling well last night and didn’t want food, so I was on my own for that. I could have made better choices and in the future I will try to. Dave ended up sick for a chunk of the evening and went to bed early. I am grateful there is more than one bathroom in our house after years of living with just one in the PMQ. Situations like this make the new house so worth it.    

I was up a little before my alarm because Saxon wanted out. Surprisingly, Dave was still asleep, which is highly unusual as he is normally up no later than 6 on weekdays. So I got up, let Sax out, and did dog chores before making coffee. Then I did my Tarot and some journalling before Dave got up at 8. I thought about walking on the treadmill, but my blisters still haven’t healed and those shoes would rub them raw again. So I just… hung out. It was actually wearing on me that I had time to kill. Weird. Got ready for work and Dave drove me. I got a coffee from Jack’s and got settled at work and read the forums. Now I am just… hanging out. I feel like this might be the theme of the day. My card for today was advocating rest, but I feel a little bit of mental chafing at that, but I am not sure what to do about it. Work on game prep, probably. 

I’ve been cutting down my dairy the past few days in an effort to trim my carbs a bit more, but my fat content is dropping in step with that and that’s not the best and might have explained why I was thinking of food so much yesterday (normally I am not preoccupied with it). I need to rethink that strategy. I talked to a friend of mine (a nurse and fellow PCOS sufferer) who suggested that I leave my carbs at 75g for now and focus on movement instead. That lines up with what I was thinking of for the next challenge with a little less food stress to navigate rather than trying to get down to 50g/day. I think part of my mental block about all of this is that movement has rarely ever equaled weight loss for me without having my food dialled in and lifting heavy, and my most “effortless” weight loss was keto where as long as I ate correctly I didn’t have to worry about the movement portion because the weight just fell off. This walking/future Bodyweight workouts/liberal low carb thing is a new system and I will have to wait a while to see if I get results. I would like results. I think I need to hide the scale next challenge, I am getting a bit hung up again. 

Here’s to thinking and over thinking! 😅 I hope you have resolution about something that is on your mind today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 7

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was doing the Journey app last year and there were a few things (inchworms and lunges, I am looking at you!) that were really uncomfortable or made me trepidatious. I am going to do the one off the NF blog for a while and see where that gets me and use my stairs at home to modify my lunges so they aren’t so scary. I will go slow and listen carefully to what my body is saying.  

I haven't used the app, but I did adjust my sheet after watching Steve's video where he observed a lot of things flawed in his original list:

The most significant change I made was choosing squats over lunges and replacing the lunges with the Good Morning exercise. 

Soup went well! It’s another round of the Zappa Toscana. I used hot Italian sausage from a different store this time and it has a lot more something in it (fennel? Smells like fennel) that is different from the other brand I was using, so there’s that. And I added a garlic infused chicken broth instead of a plain chicken broth, so hopefully the tweaks don’t change it too much.

Hope what differences the changes make only amplify how tasty the zuppa toscana is!

Yeah, we are often on the same page, aren’t we? :D I don’t know if I should laminate mine or print a new page each time and let them accrete. I like paper accretion for feeing I am making valid progress with my goals, but it’s not ideal for environmental reasons…

The physical representation of progress isn't a bad alternative. 😃 That's a very legitimate reason to do it page by page. ❤

I am excited for your biking!

Me, too!!! 😍

I thought about walking on the treadmill, but my blisters still haven’t healed and those shoes would rub them raw again. So I just… hung out. It was actually wearing on me that I had time to kill. Weird. Got ready for work and Dave drove me. I got a coffee from Jack’s and got settled at work and read the forums. Now I am just… hanging out. I feel like this might be the theme of the day. My card for today was advocating rest, but I feel a little bit of mental chafing at that, but I am not sure what to do about it. Work on game prep, probably. 

Hanging out is hard to do. 🤔 I always have something because if I have nothing I don't know what to do with myself. 😅

Here’s to thinking and over thinking! 😅 I hope you have resolution about something that is on your mind today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 3

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

Thanks for that, Maerad. I have adjusted my expectations accordingly and immediately feel very relieved. I was definitely one of the people who was left behind with that video. I really appreciate Steve being willing to make the reaction video and offer alternatives for the rest of us who don’t have such an advanced baseline. And I appreciate you sharing it with me! ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

18 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I think part of my mental block about all of this is that movement has rarely ever equaled weight loss for me without having my food dialled in and lifting heavy, and my most “effortless” weight loss was keto where as long as I ate correctly I didn’t have to worry about the movement portion because the weight just fell off. This walking/future Bodyweight workouts/liberal low carb thing is a new system and I will have to wait a while to see if I get results. I would like results. I think I need to hide the scale next challenge, I am getting a bit hung up again. 

Phew this is me to a T as well!!  My best weight loss results were when my lifting was heavy and progressive and my nutrition was tracked pretty closely.  I am also in a New Normal of fitness and it's hard not to compare results - especially when they don't happen as quickly - or at all.  I've been trying to step on my scale less and less because while it's a nice metric most of the time it's really just discouraging comparing to previous results!

Let's put our scales away darnit!!  I hope you can settle into a routine that serves you and makes you happy in every way ❤️ 

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

16 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Steve's video where he observed a lot of things flawed in his original list

This is so interesting (and makes me feel better from way back when I started with this!)

• Like 2

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Morning Sov, happy Friday! 

Have you any weekend plans?x

Hi Sal! Happy Friday! 

I am planning game today and running it tonight. I work tomorrow and otherwise don’t know what I am doing with myself, but probably hanging out with Dave before he leaves for MR. And Sunday we are going to go to check out a local greenhouse we have never been to. Hopefully I can get some inspiration for my yard and price out some things that I want. What about you?

5 hours ago, shaar said:

Phew this is me to a T as well!!  My best weight loss results were when my lifting was heavy and progressive and my nutrition was tracked pretty closely.  I am also in a New Normal of fitness and it's hard not to compare results - especially when they don't happen as quickly - or at all.  I've been trying to step on my scale less and less because while it's a nice metric most of the time it's really just discouraging comparing to previous results!

Let's put our scales away darnit!!  I hope you can settle into a routine that serves you and makes you happy in every way ❤️ 

I am with you, Shaar! Let’s do it! ❤️ 

5 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

This is so interesting (and makes me feel better from way back when I started with this!)

Yeah, it was really eye opening for me, too, and makes me feel much better. We all have to start somewhere, and I am relieved to have a starting place I am more likely to be successful from. 

Hi Friends!

I got stock at the store for the second time in a month! It’s a Festivus Miracle! Hopefully I get some good sales today and tomorrow.

Last night Dave picked me up from work and really wanted pizza. He almost always wants pizza after he’s been sick, so I said yes. And then I ate a lot of it. I think it was four pieces over 2 hours which is just bananas for me. My hands are quite cranky today from the wheat and my digestion wasn’t as happy as it could have been. It was delicious and I enjoyed every bite, but I am feeling some eater’s remorse today because it doesn’t help with my goals and I feel that familiar push and pull to be eating the best I can while navigating what Dave wants. I could have just eaten the toppings and had something else for volume, but I definitely made the choice to not do that. *sigh* Oh pizza, why do you have to be so delicious??

I also did not walk yesterday for the first day in nine days. I was really on a roll and then just… wasn’t. But I walked to work today, so I am back on track. We watched “Three Thousand Years of Longing” last night. What an interesting film. The casting and costuming were really incredible and I loved the way pigments were used to colour hands and such as markers of otherness. Very cool. 

Got up this morning slightly before my alarm and did dog chores while Dave finished descaling the coffee maker and making coffee. I truly dislike descaling the coffee maker and I am so grateful that is something Dave doesn’t mind doing. Did my Tarot and then watched a few YouTube videos with Dave before he left for work. Got ready for work, ate breakfast and packed my lunch, played with Sax, and walked to Jack’s for coffee. The walk was very lovely and breezy, and there was a little more going on in the neighbourhood today than usual. People have been hanging their wind chimes again as well and that was an interesting accompaniment to my walk. Now I am just chilling at the shop, checking the forums and waiting to open. I have game prep to do today as I haven’t done any all week and we play tonight. I am really not sure what is up with my procrastination in this area but it’s been a few weeks worth of last minute prep and that is something I think I should be concerned about. 

Game tonight. Barbecued sausages and kale salad for supper. Should be good if I can get my act together. 

I have done the layout for next challenge in my Bujo and added prettier pages for tracking my fun/adulting entries and my bodyweight exercises. I am feeling very ready for the next challenge to start. 

I hope you have nothing you’re procrastinating on and that your to-do list isn’t haunting you today. Happy Friday. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 7

On 4/21/2023 at 10:36 PM, Sovalis said:

I really appreciate this, Alanna! Thank you! The article you linked also indicated that it might help with the excessive hair growth and wouldn’t that just be the thing? I shave my face every day and really hate it. If something even helped make that less of a chore I’d be so in. Now I really need to not get my hopes up. 😅#teamsasquatch

Yeah, I do a decent amount of plucking 🐻. I'm glad you could get some good advice about the interactions - it can be really hard to navigate supplements!

Thank you for sharing your new rocks! It was cool to hear the stories behind your choices - you were impressively intentional in your selection. I especially enjoyed the  reasoning behind the Celestite, gypsum roses, and - of course - the bear :)

On 4/26/2023 at 6:25 PM, Sovalis said:

My Tarot this morning was about childlike wonder, ritual, and sacred play and how all of that ties into the beginner mind. This feels important because I’ve been thinking of what I am doing for my next challenge and I have decided to attempt the NF Beginner Bodyweight exercises again next challenge after being away from them for most of a year.

As an Assassin I approve :D 

• Like 2

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

17 hours ago, Everstorm said:

We watched “Three Thousand Years of Longing” last night. What an interesting film.

Oh, I have really wanted to see that!  Maybe I can convince the spousal unit to watch it with me tonight

I enjoyed that film very much! I was able to watch it in theaters, and it was so different a film it prompted me to compose a journal entry in which I contemplated the movie and its messages very earnestly.

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Hi Friends!

Another day, and the last day of the challenge! We did it! 🥳🌟

Last night was good: We barbecued for the first time this season. Dave played music on his new phone while he tended the sausages and I played with Saxon. We both tried fancy beers Les brought Dave for his birthday a few weeks ago and both of us didn’t finish them as they weren’t to our tastes (Dave’s was a honey lager that I might have really liked, mine was something very dark that tasted of bitterness and molasses). I don’t think that either of us made it past a few sips. The cans were pretty though. It was nice to be out in the yard together. I am looking forward to getting it cleaned up from the winter and neglect of last summer and spending some amazing time out there this year. Dave plans to clean up after Sax today and I am grateful that he is starting that project. Hopefully he gets it done without me helping, but I am prepared to do my part after work if he doesn’t get all the way through it.

After supper I ran game. It was haphazard but people seemed to have fun. I might do some exploratory writing based off one interaction last night. Got up this morning just after 7 with no alarm and had coffee with Dave. Saturdays I start an hour later than usual and it was chafing this morning again so I did a dumbbell workout and the dishes in addition to my Tarot and Bujo updating. Feels good to have those things done so early in the day. I had breakfast, packed my lunch, and drove to work. My blister fallout still hasn’t healed and that is making walking a bit more annoying than I like. Now I am waiting to open, so I thought I would do my check in and challenge wrap up,

Challenge Wrap Up

My goals for this challenge were:

1) Stay within a 50-75g carb window

2) Eat a minimum of 25g of fibre

3) Consume more vegetable fibre than seed fibre

4) Walk daily (ideally a minimum of 30 minutes or 5600 steps)

5) Do a daily Darebee routine

6) Keep up on my Tracker goals

7) Participate in Camp NaNo

So how did it go?

1) I tracked 31/42 days. Of those 31 days, I was within my carb window for 17 of those days. My highest carb day was 150g which happened once and most of the time I was over no more than 10 or 20g. On good days I was sitting around 70g. I am going to recommit to the tracking and attempting to stay under 75g of carbs for next challenge. Eating the same breakfast and lunch really helped make the tracking less arduous which meant I was far more likely to do it, which is useful.

2) I hit my fibre goal 26/42 days. I really thought I had done better than that, so I will be recommitting to this goal as well. I have found that as long as I am eating the same breakfast and lunch, the majority of my fibre goal gets met before I have to struggle to figure out supper. That helps me get this taken care of. I feel like the fibre is helping my digestion a lot. I don’t really notice any change in my satiation now that I’ve gotten used to this amount, but seeing as how I don’t really get hungry or feel full this doesn’t surprise me.

3) I definitely picked up my fruit and veggie content in my early two meals, but I wasn’t as consistent about it in my suppers. I am going to continue working on this as well. I think it will become even more important if I want to drop my carb count more consistently.

4) I walked 26/42 days this challenge. Most of those days were 30 minute treadmill walks. A few were 20 minute walks to work then marching to get the rest of my steps. I am happier with this number considering I got 15 walks in last challenge if I remember correctly. I will continue to try and improve on this 26 for next challenge.

5) I did Darebee movement snacks 24/42 days this challenge. Five of those were dumbbell workouts I think, but I didn’t track that specifically and I should. I felt like this was part of my challenge were I didn’t meet the spirit with which I intended and instead phoned it in. I did things, but I didn’t really vary my routine or challenge myself all that much. I will recommit to this for next challenge. 

6) My Tracker goals were fairly well handled this challenge. See below if you are interested.

Spoiler

8CE301D0-E41E-44EB-8CB8-A1277C19AFE3.thumb.jpeg.401fa663c7745ac7fb41a70644d411a6.jpeg

The boxes for today are not yet all filled in, but I expect to finish strong. I found having the entirety of the challenge on one page instead of cycling through monthly spreads was really helpful for staying in the flow of time and feeling connected to my progress. I have hovered within a pound or two of my starting weight for this challenge, so I wasn’t seeing scale results, but was feeling accomplished because of checking off my boxes and being consistent in other areas. I would like to see more scale payoff, but I have to trust the process. I will take new measurements tomorrow to start the new cycle.

7) Camp NaNo was not a success. I wrote 15/42 days for ~11,000/25,000 words, which isn’t terrible, but wasn’t what I had intended to do, either. I really struggled to get into Tilly’s story to wrap it up and only started getting words on the page when I had started writing for Aryn again. I am not sure how I want to handle this, but I think that I will not make writing a challenge goal again until perhaps November.  

On the whole I would say it was a successful challenge because what I was looking for was improvement with my consistency. I think I am going to keep similar “big” goals next challenge and see if I can hit them more often or on tighter tolerances. I have made some changes to my Tracker goals for next challenge, but not too many, and I still have an open slot in case something else occurs to me. I am very excited to get into those pages in my Bujo, I have had fun setting them up. 

Thank you so much for all of your input and support. I am so grateful for this space and each of you. May 9th is my one year anniversary on the forums and I know I would have flaked out much sooner without this fabulous community. 

I am excited to do this all again. Thanks for being here. 💙

A4941987-3A16-43FB-92B4-42CAF8E5CC25.jpeg.0ce197ee8f4914e05237850bbe4aecfd.jpeg

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 4

6) My Tracker goals were fairly well handled this challenge. See below if you are interested.

Hide contents

8CE301D0-E41E-44EB-8CB8-A1277C19AFE3.thumb.jpeg.401fa663c7745ac7fb41a70644d411a6.jpeg

The boxes for today are not yet all filled in, but I expect to finish strong. I found having the entirety of the challenge on one page instead of cycling through monthly spreads was really helpful for staying in the flow of time and feeling connected to my progress. I have hovered within a pound or two of my starting weight for this challenge, so I wasn’t seeing scale results, but was feeling accomplished because of checking off my boxes and being consistent in other areas. I would like to see more scale payoff, but I have to trust the process. I will take new measurements tomorrow to start the new cycle.

You have a very large set of boxes. My attempt to try it out looks like a bookmark in comparison. XD

7) Camp NaNo was not a success. I wrote 15/42 days for ~11,000/25,000 words, which isn’t terrible, but wasn’t what I had intended to do, either. I really struggled to get into Tilly’s story to wrap it up and only started getting words on the page when I had started writing for Aryn again. I am not sure how I want to handle this, but I think that I will not make writing a challenge goal again until perhaps November.  

Thanks for starting it with me even if it was difficult to follow through thanks to Tilly. I'm glad you figured out what the obstacle was so that you can spend off-time contemplating what about it is causing problems.

On the whole I would say it was a successful challenge because what I was looking for was improvement with my consistency. I think I am going to keep similar “big” goals next challenge and see if I can hit them more often or on tighter tolerances. I have made some changes to my Tracker goals for next challenge, but not too many, and I still have an open slot in case something else occurs to me. I am very excited to get into those pages in my Bujo, I have had fun setting them up. 

Super proud of you! 🏆

Thank you so much for all of your input and support. I am so grateful for this space and each of you. May 9th is my one year anniversary on the forums and I know I would have flaked out much sooner without this fabulous community. 

My first post was a month later on June 2nd when I was inspired by you to join. 😅 It's been so fun establishing friendships on here, and knowing that even when I'm frustrated with my goals I have a group cheering me on. 🥰

I am excited to do this all again. Thanks for being here. 💙

A4941987-3A16-43FB-92B4-42CAF8E5CC25.jpeg.0ce197ee8f4914e05237850bbe4aecfd.jpeg

This! 36+ Facts About Bear Wallpaper! Free bears wallpaper and other ...

• Thanks 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Your bujo pattern is so pretty! Great job with this challenge :) 

On 4/29/2023 at 7:50 PM, Sovalis said:

Eating the same breakfast and lunch really helped make the tracking less arduous which meant I was far more likely to do it, which is useful.

In the past I've come up with several meals options that fit my macros in lieu of tracking retrospectively, so all I had to do was weigh out my portions - it definitely cuts down on time and makes it easier to hit goals. 

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

Thanks for sharing the tracker - I love the pattern it makes! And although some goals weren't as strong as you'd hoped, you had a lot of them and the combination is 🐻

Woop!

• Like 2

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40