Sovalis: Waking the Bear

Polar Bear Food GIF by BBC America

Great start to your challenge!

I didn't know a Latvia move was in the cards! Moving countries is definitely an understandable stressor, especially with a pet in tow - you're doing a great job finding options and making a plan for Saxon so he's ready for the move in a year's time. 

• Like 4

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

On 3/23/2023 at 9:42 PM, MaeradCase said:

Cid has started growing muttonchops

I'm still catching up on this challenge but dear lord muttonchops are my absolute fave, and I've never been able to convince anyone to grow/shave them for me! Weljel

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

21 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I am almost down 10 lbs since early January. I am pretty happy with that. Slow and steady. Need to do my measurements again, haven’t done them since February 5th, but I keep forgetting so I know it isn’t a habit and it isn’t super front of brain lately. But my jeans fit me just slightly better straight out of the dryer, so that’s a win.

Nice! I also keep meaning to measure and completely forget, but tend to go for clothes fitting as well as a good judge :) 

• Like 2

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

21 hours ago, Sovalis said:

aven’t done them since February 5th, but I keep forgetting so I know it isn’t a habit and it isn’t super front of brain lately. But my jeans fit me just slightly better straight out of the dryer, so that’s a win.

Woot for slow and steady progress! I mean to take measurements but always forget. It's hard when it's just a once a week thing.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

20 minutes ago, Silmarilliane said:

I'm still catching up on this challenge but dear lord muttonchops are my absolute fave, and I've never been able to convince anyone to grow/shave them for me! Weljel

Well, he did it for himself. I wasn't on board while it was scruffy looking, but as it's grown in it has grown on me. Especially when he wears a cabbie hat. Those hats already suited him, and now it's an excellent aesthetic with the chops. 😍

Not to mention he's getting a lot of positive affirmation from others who notice and compliment the look, so I think he'll be keeping the chops until a slip of the knife takes a toll. 😥 But that hasn't happened, and neither of us wants it to. 😃

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

Morning, Friends!

Having a good morning so far. Woke up at 7 and was out of bed by 7:05, made coffee, did my Tarot, got my walk in while watching a video on description by Hello Furture Me on YouTube. I really like his writing videos, they are both entertaining and useful. Got dressed and out the door, played with Sax, and went and got his medication from the vet before heading to work. I remembered to eat breakfast this morning before leaving the house, so that was a win. 

I had a difficult evening last evening. Couldn’t settle on something I wanted to do and was overly emotional which is unusual for me. I think I am upset that Dave has a friend coming to stay with us and she will be arriving on Wednesday and staying for a week. I was hoping I would get more time with him before he went back to work, but that isn’t going to happen without company coming along now. He didn’t really ask me, just let me know it was happening. I could veto it, but that seems very rude. Said friend is from Ontario and is paying for her own way out here so kiboshing it after she’s bought tickets seems inappropriate. But this comes on the heels of finding out yesterday that he bought (another) thousand dollar 3D printer without talking with me about it first and I felt a bit like an afterthought and that bothers me. This is *totally normal* behaviour for him and I should be used to it after almost 10 years. But last night it was getting to me. I am more resigned/detached today. Not to proud to admit that yesterday I absolutely went to the Critical Role webstore and bought three shirts, reasoning if he can spend a thousand dollars without discussing it with me, I can bloody well spend a hundred without discussing it with him. Not the soundest logic, but it satisfied my petty vindictiveness in the moment. I am probably going to have some buyers remorse when the shirts show up because we are trying to reduce our credit card debt and I could at least be doing my due diligence about that even if he’s not (maybe especially if he’s not), but that was not where my head was yesterday. 

I spent a chunk of last night re-reading work on Halcyon I did during the Year of Writing. Some of it is terrible, but some of it has really stood up over time and I am quite happy with it. I am not as enthusiastic about Tilly’s background story as I am about some of these older pieces, which makes me wonder if I need to re-write Tilly’s story until I am happy with it, or just get it done, accept that it’s not my favourite, and move on? Today is the sixth anniversary of the Battle of the Cart, which was an important turning point in my TTRPG playing experiences, and it reminds me of the affection I have for these characters and the story that I am trying to tell. I want to dwell in that affection and feel the spark of this project rekindle. 

I am at the shop now preparing for another quiet day. I had one person in yesterday. At least they bought something so I wasn’t totally skunked for the day. I also heard from Ken quite a bit yesterday as we organized a restock order for the shop. I am getting most of what I asked for but not everything. Not sure the logic, but *shrug*.

That is my update! Hope you are in comfy clothes today! Thanks for being here! ❤️ 

• Like 9

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I am almost down 10 lbs since early January.

That is brilliant!! Nice!

45 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

I think I am upset that Dave has a friend coming to stay with us and she will be arriving on Wednesday and staying for a week. I was hoping I would get more time with him before he went back to work, but that isn’t going to happen without company coming along now. He didn’t really ask me, just let me know it was happening. I could veto it, but that seems very rude.

Honestly, I'd be upset too. It is rude to invite a houseguest without at least checking in with you. 

48 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

But this comes on the heels of finding out yesterday that he bought (another) thousand dollar 3D printer without talking with me about it first and I felt a bit like an afterthought and that bothers me. This is *totally normal* behaviour for him and I should be used to it after almost 10 years.

Yikes. Is it worth having a conversation about spending and how it makes you feel?

• Like 7

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Yikes. Is it worth having a conversation about spending and how it makes you feel?

Rho is wise to ask this. Communication is almost always the first step of dealing with issues in a relationship, and there are for sure things to bring up.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

That is brilliant!! Nice!

Honestly, I'd be upset too. It is rude to invite a houseguest without at least checking in with you. 

It definitely is worth having that conversation and probably a few others. We have talked about both of these issues before, many times, but it doesn’t seem to change. I hate to ambush him with a Talk right when he gets home, but with company coming he’s really not giving me a lot of choice. Reintegration is hard enough without being upset with someone. 

37 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rho is wise to ask this. Communication is almost always the first step of dealing with issues in a relationship, and there are for sure things to bring up.

Absolutely. 

• Like 4

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I think I am upset that Dave has a friend coming to stay with us and she will be arriving on Wednesday and staying for a week. I was hoping I would get more time with him before he went back to work, but that isn’t going to happen without company coming along now. He didn’t really ask me, just let me know it was happening. I could veto it, but that seems very rude. Said friend is from Ontario and is paying for her own way out here so kiboshing it after she’s bought tickets seems inappropriate. But this comes on the heels of finding out yesterday that he bought (another) thousand dollar 3D printer without talking with me about it first and I felt a bit like an afterthought and that bothers me. This is *totally normal* behaviour for him and I should be used to it after almost 10 years. But last night it was getting to me. I am more resigned/detached today.

Your feelings on both fronts are valid - I'd be very upset, too. My partner and I both have personal spending pots, and we still discuss large financial purchases as a courtesy. (On a tangential note, in case it helps you - the system that works for us is that all our money is joint except for a personal spending allowance that we get each month for things like clothes and hobbies. That way we can each figure out how long we'd have to save up for something big, and we also don't have to feel guilty for making smaller purchases - like a t-shirt. Joint money is used for essential expenses (including any essential personal expenses, such as health costs), savings, and fun/non-essential stuff that we both benefit from.)

Not to proud to admit that yesterday I absolutely went to the Critical Role webstore and bought three shirts, reasoning if he can spend a thousand dollars without discussing it with me, I can bloody well spend a hundred without discussing it with him. Not the soundest logic, but it satisfied my petty vindictiveness in the moment. I am probably going to have some buyers remorse when the shirts show up because we are trying to reduce our credit card debt and I could at least be doing my due diligence about that even if he’s not (maybe especially if he’s not), but that was not where my head was yesterday. 

That's impressive introspection. You could always hold on to the receipts and return any shirts that you don't love after reflection (which might mean returning none of them, and that's fine!)

I spent a chunk of last night re-reading work on Halcyon I did during the Year of Writing. Some of it is terrible, but some of it has really stood up over time and I am quite happy with it. I am not as enthusiastic about Tilly’s background story as I am about some of these older pieces, which makes me wonder if I need to re-write Tilly’s story until I am happy with it, or just get it done, accept that it’s not my favourite, and move on? Today is the sixth anniversary of the Battle of the Cart, which was an important turning point in my TTRPG playing experiences, and it reminds me of the affection I have for these characters and the story that I am trying to tell. I want to dwell in that affection and feel the spark of this project rekindle. 

Maybe it's just that Tilly's story doesn't speak to you at the moment? It sounds like you have strong emotional attachments to your older work, and you might need the "comfy" feeling that they evoke right now (perhaps due to the recent stressors in your life)? 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Sovalis said:

He didn’t really ask me, just let me know it was happening. I could veto it, but that seems very rude. Said friend is from Ontario and is paying for her own way out here so kiboshing it after she’s bought tickets seems inappropriate.

Yeah he should be checking with you before people make plans and invest in tickets.

But this comes on the heels of finding out yesterday that he bought (another) thousand dollar 3D printer without talking with me about it first and I felt a bit like an afterthought and that bothers me. This is *totally normal* behaviour for him and I should be used to it after almost 10 years. 

I am probably going to have some buyers remorse when the shirts show up because we are trying to reduce our credit card debt and I could at least be doing my due diligence about that even if he’s not (maybe especially if he’s not), but that was not where my head was yesterday.

Er... so he spent $1000 on equipment for a hobby, when he already has at least one of the items he needs for said hobby, while you have outstanding and presumably high interest debt? I'm not a financial expert but it seems like his priorities are out of order. I think Alanna's idea of setting a personal spending amount that can be saved up sounds very fair. Otherwise you're in a lose-lose position where either you're unfairly the only one limiting your spending to pay off the card while he has fun with printers, or you *are* spending as much as him and the credit card isn't paid off (fair but self sabotaging).

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

12 hours ago, Sovalis said:

It definitely is worth having that conversation and probably a few others. We have talked about both of these issues before, many times, but it doesn’t seem to change. I hate to ambush him with a Talk right when he gets home, but with company coming he’s really not giving me a lot of choice. Reintegration is hard enough without being upset with someone. 

Yeah, this is a tricky one, especially if you've spoken about it before and it creeps back. It's never nice to feel like an afterthought and particularly difficult with the money where it feels like it goes against your money vision - does Dave have the same anxiety about credit cards?

Also are you expecting the friend to tag along with everything or will they be amusing themselves? If I was crashing at someone's place to save hotel costs I'd definitely make my own plans so as not to over-impose!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alanna said:
18 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I am probably going to have some buyers remorse when the shirts show up because we are trying to reduce our credit card debt and I could at least be doing my due diligence about that even if he’s not (maybe especially if he’s not), but that was not where my head was yesterday. 

That's impressive introspection. You could always hold on to the receipts and return any shirts that you don't love after reflection (which might mean returning none of them, and that's fine!)

Or I'll help with the buyer's remorse because I don't often splurge on CR merch, but I love it, and I love helping critters recover funds by buying the D&D stuff they are letting go of. 😅

Really, though, Sov, I'm sorry that all happened. I know about the big angry feels where emotions choke me up in response to the partner's decisions. I hope we both find ways to grow in our relationships and work out with our partners ways to grow together rather than being made to feel it's one-sided. In the meantime, I'll wish us both peace of mind and strength of heart to face the challenges of getting along with another person long term. 🙏

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

7 hours ago, Alanna said:

Your feelings on both fronts are valid - I'd be very upset, too. My partner and I both have personal spending pots, and we still discuss large financial purchases as a courtesy. (On a tangential note, in case it helps you - the system that works for us is that all our money is joint except for a personal spending allowance that we get each month for things like clothes and hobbies. That way we can each figure out how long we'd have to save up for something big, and we also don't have to feel guilty for making smaller purchases - like a t-shirt. Joint money is used for essential expenses (including any essential personal expenses, such as health costs), savings, and fun/non-essential stuff that we both benefit from.)

I have asked for a system like this and have implemented it on my end but he isn’t complying and doesn’t seem fussed about it. I don’t normally make purchases that aren’t groceries/gas/meds without letting him know (and even then I generally say something) and that isn’t a two way street. I don’t know how to change it. It feels unfair that I am trying harder to sort out our debt situation than he is, particularly because I make minimum wage and he makes substantially more than I do - there is a limit on what I can accomplish on my earnings, I need him to fall in line if we are going to get out of this hole. Getting that through to him is proving difficult, despite repeated conversations. 

Thank you. If it’s one thing I am good at, it’s introspection. Doesn’t always curb the impulse control, but most of the time it does. 

Maybe it's just that Tilly's story doesn't speak to you at the moment? It sounds like you have strong emotional attachments to your older work, and you might need the "comfy" feeling that they evoke right now (perhaps due to the recent stressors in your life)? 

I think that comfy feeling is exactly it. Thank you, Alanna. ❤️ 

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yeah he should be checking with you before people make plans and invest in tickets.

Er... so he spent $1000 on equipment for a hobby, when he already has at least one of the items he needs for said hobby, while you have outstanding and presumably high interest debt? I'm not a financial expert but it seems like his priorities are out of order. I think Alanna's idea of setting a personal spending amount that can be saved up sounds very fair. Otherwise you're in a lose-lose position where either you're unfairly the only one limiting your spending to pay off the card while he has fun with printers, or you *are* spending as much as him and the credit card isn't paid off (fair but self sabotaging).

Yes to all of it. Normally I am *very* good at not spending and it is exceptionally rare for me to spend in retaliation for things I feel he’s done out of line. We are making progress with the  the big credit card despite this blip. And he has a chunk of backpay coming that is part of this raise that will go against the outstanding balance and almost cut it in half, which will be amazing. But now we are another thousand behind on our overall credit issues and that just feels awkward for me. We come from very different financial backgrounds and this is a constant tension for us.

5 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

Yeah, this is a tricky one, especially if you've spoken about it before and it creeps back. It's never nice to feel like an afterthought and particularly difficult with the money where it feels like it goes against your money vision - does Dave have the same anxiety about credit cards?

Also are you expecting the friend to tag along with everything or will they be amusing themselves? If I was crashing at someone's place to save hotel costs I'd definitely make my own plans so as not to over-impose!

Dave doesn’t have anxiety about anything, lol. He is one of the fortunate, privileged people that has never known financial difficulty, thinks paying interest in exchange for instant gratification is perfectly normal, and has a mental health makeup that means he only worries about being shot at or his dog dying. Everything else is barely a blip on his radar. I come from a lot less financial security and these kinds of things really bother me. It also kind of kills me to make huge interest payments when I am making minimum wage. Before we transferred the majority of the balance to our low interest line of credit fully half of what I was making in a month was going toward debt servicing on the big card and that was so anxiety provoking, especially with how precarious my employment situation feels these past six months. We are in a much better position now and it will be improving substantially in the next few months with the backpay coming in, but old anxieties die hard. 

4 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Or I'll help with the buyer's remorse because I don't often splurge on CR merch, but I love it, and I love helping critters recover funds by buying the D&D stuff they are letting go of. 😅 

I don’t either, which is why I did it. If I was going to spoil myself, it needed to be on treats I would love, not just frittering it away on stickers or something. If I have to let something go I will think of you first. ❤️ 

4 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Really, though, Sov, I'm sorry that all happened. I know about the big angry feels where emotions choke me up in response to the partner's decisions. I hope we both find ways to grow in our relationships and work out with our partners ways to grow together rather than being made to feel it's one-sided. In the meantime, I'll wish us both peace of mind and strength of heart to face the challenges of getting along with another person long term. 🙏

You always have the best wishes, Maerad. Thank you. ❤️ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Friends,

Thank you so much for your affirmation and care. I appreciate it.

I am at the shop. This morning was a write off. I had coffee and talked to Joy and remembered to brush my teeth. That was it. I was up in the night, which is unusual for me, and it just made getting going so difficult. But I have coffee and a sandwich from Jack’s now and my carb count for today can be something I don’t worry about. I’ll have to try to get my walk in this evening as I didn’t even attempt it this morning. Critical Role is on tonight, so maybe I will put that on and walk for the first while. 

I have game prep to do at the shop today, but I also brought a notebook for working on Tilly’s character development, and my copy of Mistborn because I really should finish it. Problematically, I have no inclination to do anything. This does not bode well for me. Hopefully something pulls me out of this lull or the day will take forever to pass. 

Wish I were a little more perky! Sorry for the lacklustre update. I hope that you are all grooving merrily along. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I have asked for a system like this and have implemented it on my end but he isn’t complying and doesn’t seem fussed about it.

I'm sorry, that really sucks. Just in case it's a worry, I also don't think that your financial anxiety is disproportionate (e.g., due to your financial history) - your financial goals and requests are very very reasonable. 

2 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Wish I were a little more perky! Sorry for the lacklustre update. I hope that you are all grooving merrily along. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

Like Sal said, no need to apologise - hope you have some time for self-care today, whatever that looks like for you!

• Like 1

I hope you were able to work on some of your interesting projects today.

Financial stress and communication are both a big deal in relationships. If you search "How to talk about money with your honey" you will find lots of resources. Only some of them will apply to you, but those may help.

It took Dumbledore and I years to get to a point where we can have decent conversations. There are so many emotions tied up in what we want and what we are scared about. I encourage you to use the "when you do X, I feel Y" approach to talking with Dave about his behavior. Chances are good that he is not thinking at all about how his actions are making you feel. If you think it is appropriate, you can start with "I am pretty sure it was unintentional, but..."

He might not change his behavior right away, but at least things will be out in the open. Brushing feelings under the rug only leads to big fights later.

• Like 6

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

17 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Morning, Friends,

Thank you so much for your affirmation and care. I appreciate it.

I am at the shop. This morning was a write off. I had coffee and talked to Joy and remembered to brush my teeth. That was it. I was up in the night, which is unusual for me, and it just made getting going so difficult. But I have coffee and a sandwich from Jack’s now and my carb count for today can be something I don’t worry about. I’ll have to try to get my walk in this evening as I didn’t even attempt it this morning. Critical Role is on tonight, so maybe I will put that on and walk for the first while. 

I have game prep to do at the shop today, but I also brought a notebook for working on Tilly’s character development, and my copy of Mistborn because I really should finish it. Problematically, I have no inclination to do anything. This does not bode well for me. Hopefully something pulls me out of this lull or the day will take forever to pass. 

The Best 13 Big Hug Gif Images

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

13 hours ago, Mistr said:

I hope you were able to work on some of your interesting projects today.

Financial stress and communication are both a big deal in relationships. If you search "How to talk about money with your honey" you will find lots of resources. Only some of them will apply to you, but those may help.

It took Dumbledore and I years to get to a point where we can have decent conversations. There are so many emotions tied up in what we want and what we are scared about. I encourage you to use the "when you do X, I feel Y" approach to talking with Dave about his behavior. Chances are good that he is not thinking at all about how his actions are making you feel. If you think it is appropriate, you can start with "I am pretty sure it was unintentional, but..."

He might not change his behavior right away, but at least things will be out in the open. Brushing feelings under the rug only leads to big fights later.

This is good wisdom. Communication is an end unto itself. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hi Friends,

Last night was a rough one and this morning was also challenging. Thankfully Maerad was a champion and helped me make the most of my evening and my lovely friend Christine helped me navigate this morning. I am so grateful for good people. 

Dave and I ended up talking via text a bit last night. It is so difficult to have these conversations by text but we started and we are trying. We talked a bit last night and some more this morning. I am seeing effort on his part in a way that is new, but I don’t know what to make of it and I am feeling some big feels about how to navigate it. It will all be fine, it always is, I just don’t know what getting to fine looks like from here. I really wish we had resources for a therapist right now. Maybe after the raise comes in? We will see. In the meantime I will do my journalling and thinking and communicating and see where it takes me. 

I didn’t walk last night and I didn’t walk this morning. I have game tonight so it is unlikely that I will get my steps in today. I did manage some dishes last night which is a solid win, and I ate supper, but it was poutine not the healthy soup I had in the fridge. Comfort carbs, mmmmm. I did not break any teeth this time. This morning I bought a muffin and a sandwich from Jack’s. I really need to dial my nutrition back in. I’m not super far off track in terms of number of days and I haven‘t had a binge which is positive, but I am not where I want to be. 

April 1st and the start of Camp NaNo has snuck up on me while I’ve been emotional the past few days. Need to get ready! I also have to get my game prep sorted out for tonight as I haven’t done anything for it at all this week. I was hoping to run something centred around Enna tonight but the player called this morning and isn’t sure she can make it, so back to the drawing board! I’ll figure something out. I am down another player tonight as well, so planning for three instead of five. 

My Critical Role shirts arrived this morning as did the two sets of dice I bought via private sale. It was a happy mail day. I like it when that happens. 

I hope you get a message that makes you smile today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Hi Friends,

Last night was a rough one and this morning was also challenging. Thankfully Maerad was a champion and helped me make the most of my evening and my lovely friend Christine helped me navigate this morning. I am so grateful for good people. 

Glad I could help. ☺

Dave and I ended up talking via text a bit last night. It is so difficult to have these conversations by text but we started and we are trying. We talked a bit last night and some more this morning. I am seeing effort on his part in a way that is new, but I don’t know what to make of it and I am feeling some big feels about how to navigate it. It will all be fine, it always is, I just don’t know what getting to fine looks like from here.

Glad you're both talking it out, or at least starting to. I'm learning that silently biding only brew bitterness, and it boils over at bad moments. 

I really wish we had resources for a therapist right now. Maybe after the raise comes in? We will see. In the meantime I will do my journalling and thinking and communicating and see where it takes me. 

I think there can be ways to find therapy resources for free, but it might be dependent on proximity to places populated densely enough that students are volunteering to get credits and nonprofit organizations are able to provide their services to the densely populated cities. 😕 

I did not break any teeth this time.

😂 oh my gosh, thank goodness!

April 1st and the start of Camp NaNo has snuck up on me while I’ve been emotional the past few days. Need to get ready!

Yeah, I've been getting ready and I'm still thinking "TOMORROW?!?? ALREADY!??!" 😅 It's probably because one never actually feel ready, but the timeline of deadlines and goals helps put one in motion to gain momentum toward the destination.

I also have to get my game prep sorted out for tonight as I haven’t done anything for it at all this week. I was hoping to run something centred around Enna tonight but the player called this morning and isn’t sure she can make it, so back to the drawing board! I’ll figure something out. I am down another player tonight as well, so planning for three instead of five. 

😅 Aw man, at least on the upside you don't have to put off using prep you had done and prep more to work around her absence. 

My Critical Role shirts arrived this morning as did the two sets of dice I bought via private sale. It was a happy mail day. I like it when that happens. 

Yay! I hope they make you smile, and bring you reassurance when you wear/roll them respectively. ❤

I hope you get a message that makes you smile today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

❤❤

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Hi Friends,

It’s Saturday! I have tomorrow off! *happy dance*

I am at the shop. It is quite overcast out - this morning there was dense ice fog that made seeing the road behind my house very difficult. It has eased up now that the day is a little warmer, but I don’t think we are going to see the sun today. The fog condensed into frost on the trees and they look lovely all gilded. I work until five and then am driving the hour to Lloydminster so I can watch the Dungeons and Dragons movie with some friends tonight. It’s the first night out I have had since I went to work on my stained glass with Bryon last challenge. I am a bit worried about leaving Sax alone for that long, but Bryon will let him out around 3 and I should by home by 10-ish. Hopefully. 

I did not walk yesterday with game and I ate nonsense for dinner - chocolate and two pepperoni sticks. I had soup in the fridge and just didn’t eat it. I don’t understand my own brain sometimes. Now there is no more chocolate in the house so I can’t repeat that. I had four of Bryon’s gummies as game snacks but otherwise drank my water and one diet soda. I had no idea what they were going to do last night until ~20 minutes before the game started. I almost cancelled because I was in a bit of a panic about having no plan (the shop was surprisingly social yesterday so I didn’t get time to prep the way I usually do). But I decided a wyvern featured somewhere and the players made that organic and then their cleverness carried the whole thing. I was impressed with how well it went for how little prep went into it. My players are great. I *will* do more prep next week. 

Today is the start of Camp NaNo, and I have no real plan for how to get back into this story. Hopefully things kind of snowball once I start typing and I get somewhere with it. I think that if I can’t make headway with Tilly’s story without significant frustration I will probably start something new and roll with it just to be getting some words down. Done is better than perfect. 

I hope that you are enjoying your weekend and that the trees are beautiful where you are. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 10