Sara Kingdom Gets Angry and Reads Swamp Thing

31 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

My sleep tracker missed almost half my sleep last night, so instead of clearing a other 2-3 hours of sleep deficit, I'm going to not quite break even. And I only have the stupid glow of moral superiority for comfort. I WANT PRIZES.

Your prizes: 🎉🎖🏆🏅🎊

I get the frustration. Sorry your tech failed you, but glad you could recover some of the sleep deficit. 😃

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

Week 1 Day 3

Morning routine: done

Habit repetitions: 3/35

Hydration check: 2.5 liter (of 3-4)

Once the initial shock to the system of this challenge is fading, I'm pondering moving back my bedtime and wakeup time to better accomodate the morning time this takes, tracking whether one specific project has been worked on that day, and adding some kind of gratitude habit. (One I've heard recently is "every time you complain, list things you're grateful for". I don't think I complain a ton, at least non-ironically, but it might be interesting to find out. This one is from a dude who writes otherwise quite factual productivity books, but adds that he thinks success in general is directly related to gratitude.)

I'm doing okay on sleep, but not perfectly, and I am pretty tired a lot. I think I'm in that part of the sleep deficit where I'm rested enough to realize how tired I am.

Task list for today/tomorrow

• Swap my journals
  • Take challenge start measurements
  • Brainstorm the "5 minutes on every project" hour

Over the challenge:

• Buy the combat boots
  • Return the shoes
  • Send the card
  • Find a good walking bag
  • Check the place for a good walking bag
  • Make my workspace more inviting
  • Consider a "more gratitude" addition
  • Like 8

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Ugh, I ache all over. I probably need to do some yoga. BUT I DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

This has been an interesting week. On the one hand, I've been pretty tired and useless. On the other hand, it's been a more productive sort of useless than usual, where a bare minimum of all the things has been getting done. So from that perspective, this is a good morning routine. I mean, I can't prove causation, but whatever.

My evening routine timers might make my evening routine happen. I'm apathetic, cuz I'm tired and useless. Apathy is probably part for the course, for a disaffected 1980s eco-dystopia, so I should probably make a virtue of that. I am appropriately apathetic. Life is meaningless and we make the best of it, then things explode.

cowboy bebop eating GIF

God, I want noodles.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

My evening routine timers might make my evening routine happen. I'm apathetic, cuz I'm tired and useless. Apathy is probably part for the course, for a disaffected 1980s eco-dystopia, so I should probably make a virtue of that. I am appropriately apathetic. Life is meaningless and we make the best of it, then things explode.

I mean Apathy is practically a virtue for Gen X.

Or, you, know, whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I mean Apathy is practically a virtue for Gen X.

Or, you, know, whatever.

I had to like this because there was no shrug emoji.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

My evening routine timers might make my evening routine happen.

Did the yoga. MADE OF STIFFNESS AND PAIN. Why am I not made of nice flexible vines and moss, like a sensible person?

1-theswampthingtakesform-1024x755.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Why am I not made of nice flexible vines and moss, like a sensible person?

I have never considered such a question and now I wanna know why we don't get to be made of nice flexible vines and moss. IRL Druid/Ranger hybrid! Saying that, I reckon hydration might become more of an issue. 

• Like 2

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Did the yoga. MADE OF STIFFNESS AND PAIN. Why am I not made of nice flexible vines and moss, like a sensible person?

This is a whole ass mood.  I'm honestly surprised I hate my own yoga goal as much as I do, because Past Shaar went to yoga classes twice a week and loved it, but Current Shaar feels like a 9837 year old oak tree doing the basics and really wrestles with herself NOT to shut the video off halfway through.  Grrrrr.

21 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Jamming out to this right now and LOVE IT.  I'm currently listening to a lot of Japanese lo-fi on Youtube lately and it's right up that alley IMO. (Or at least in a parallel alley of similarities!)

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

This is mood, but...

1-theswampthingtakesform-1024x755.jpg

this is somehow extremely disturbing to me while also being a pretty dang awesome character detail delve. I might be able to elaborate my feelings, but it might take a lot of words. 🤔

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

42 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

I have never considered such a question and now I wanna know why we don't get to be made of nice flexible vines and moss. IRL Druid/Ranger hybrid! Saying that, I reckon hydration might become more of an issue. 

That is a risk. Though presumably I'd have more surface area capable of absorption, and that would help a lot.

31 minutes ago, shaar said:

This is a whole ass mood.  I'm honestly surprised I hate my own yoga goal as much as I do, because Past Shaar went to yoga classes twice a week and loved it, but Current Shaar feels like a 9837 year old oak tree doing the basics and really wrestles with herself NOT to shut the video off halfway through.  Grrrrr.

I don't mind doing the basics and whatever, and I do see the improvements, but the BOREDOM. And also the annoying unstretchiness, but mostly the boredom. I mean, I'm much more amenable to yoga now than in the past, when any performance imperfection was a deal breaker in terms of frustration; I now do not miss the point, and also see the progress well enough. I just hate repetitive anything. But most things like repetition.

1 minute ago, MaeradCase said:

this is somehow extremely disturbing to me while also being a pretty dang awesome character detail delve. I might be able to elaborate my feelings, but it might take a lot of words. 🤔

To be fair, it was intended to be at least somewhat disturbing, particularly to the plant in question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

This has been an interesting week. On the one hand, I've been pretty tired and useless. On the other hand, it's been a more productive sort of useless than usual, where a bare minimum of all the things has been getting done. So from that perspective, this is a good morning routine. I mean, I can't prove causation, but whatever.

cowboy bebop eating GIF

God, I want noodles.

I am also super tired so my takeaway from this is we should eat noodles.

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 4

Habit repetitions: 4/35

Hydration check: 3 liter (of 3-4)

This morning was hard. I had a teeny sleep disaster.

Over the challenge:

• Buy the combat boots
  • Return the shoes
  • Send the card
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 3/27/2023 at 4:21 AM, sarakingdom said:

What is an engineer boot? I may need these boots.

Pretty much the same as motorcycle boots. Looking at Google, the difference seems to be in the buckles. Turns out, I actually have motorcycle boots.

Here are engineer boots, and these are the boots I bought:

1442-new-5.jpg?v=1678326908&width=713

It looks like engineer boots have buckles on the straps instead of rings.

On 3/27/2023 at 9:55 AM, sarakingdom said:

Calf report: It doesn't hurt, but it is stiff and a bit brittle. So it's better, but not wholly better. It's handling indoors walking a lot better than outdoors walking, where it tires very quickly. I felt it soon after heading out, and getting back was a push. (My theory is there's a difference in the resistance component when you're actually pushing the surface of the earth away from you. And no wonder; moving the planet would tire anyone.) So the walking time isn't a big problem, I believe, but I may switch to indoors for another week or two. Not the full spectrum of benefits, maybe, but the correct rehab step.

Hoo boy, I can feel that calf muscle now. Doesn't hurt, but it does feel like it's just flaking out, like it's randomly losing strength. Yeah, stick to home workouts for a bit. The good news is, it doesn't seem to have slowed me down; I got the steps I planned to get.

What happened? I missed the prior report of you getting injured. 

I am hongry. Food should make itself. And be less far away.

My sleep deficit is 14 hours, which is a big improvement. Last night I did everything right and it was a struggle, but I came out with a nearly reasonable amount, and enough to break even, so I won't lose ground. If there was anything that slipped yesterday, it was hydration, so I'm gonna track that, even though it isn't part of my challenge.

Yay for improving your sleep deficit! I hope you are also getting nutrition and hydration.

• That's Metal 1

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

1 hour ago, Mistr said:

What happened? I missed the prior report of you getting injured. 

I have no idea! It just turned up pulled one day last week. Not too bad, but bad enough to be unpleasant. I think it's pretty much better now. I took a regular walk on it Monday, and it was a strain, but it did it. I've been babying it with indoors walks since, but normal length ones. It seems mostly fine. I'm just gonna give it some endurance at easier conditions for a while. (Hey, I have no problem watching Star Trek while I walk.)

• Like 2

Did the yoga. It tried to kill me. Apparently just having muscles means they hurt. (I have done this yoga before. This is unusually tight even for me. I am partially petrified.)

Space Yoga GIF

(The one pose I can do. Is that naked Vulcan yoga?)

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, MaeradCase said:

Sorry to hear it's giving you trouble. 😥

That just means it's working, she says through gritted teeth. :D

(It's like the ground is my foam roller. Aaaagh.)

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

That just means it's working, she says through gritted teeth. :D

(It's like the ground is my foam roller. Aaaagh.)

That it is, though it's still rough. My heels refuse to touch the ground for stuff like down dog. And that's with daily stretching. Hope your body starts appreciating your efforts soon!

• Like 2

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

22 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yes, but only once every seven years.

I'm no expert, but I doubt that's often enough to result in much increased flexibility.

• Haha 1

I am outlawing the sad emoji on this thread. I do not stock enough kleenex for this amount of crying, guys. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Week 1 Day 5

Habit repetitions: 5/35

Hydration check: 1 liter (of 3-4)

Note to self: after poor hydration, add salt.

Also, confession time, I skimped on meditation today in favor of screwing around on the internet for fun. I was so bored, guys. But I did almost half my meditation, which is enough for a week one habit pass. (I might, in future, need to insert a short break for that. This is a lot of concentration in a row for me.)

• Consider better track of main project

Over the challenge:

• Buy the combat boots
  • Return the shoes
  • Send the card
  • Like 6