Darciana's Equinox Adventures

On 3/25/2023 at 3:55 PM, Shello said:

I am so happy to meet someone else who thinks so much about what day your hair is on and have to think about what it needs each day!  I'm in the 3 range. 3c when I was young but now after babies and hormones I only have a few spots still a 3c, most is 3b and the grey is 3a.  This week I've set a record and I'm on day 7 hair. I refreshed once in the shower around day 3 but otherwise I've only sprayed water and used various products to get me through. 

I don't really understand the training. I don't yet feel like my hair is doing anything differently. I don't really have a handle  on the whole thing yet. I transitioned from daily washing like 4 years ago though and I just muddle through. It's huge to not have to wash everyday though and then have wet hair for half the day. 

I used to have super oily skin and hair because I washed once, sometimes twice daily with harsh stripping soaps so my body started overproducing oils to make up for it. I had to train my body back by slowly increasing the time between showers to let it know it's okay, I'm not stripping all those good (within reason) natural oils. I used to not be able to go more than 24 hours of no shampoo without looking like I dunked my scalp into a pot of oil. It looked and felt awful. Then I learned more about that and have slowly shifted to washing less.

My shampoos are Prose brand, made based off a quiz I take every few months to update how my hair is acting, where I'm living, what type of water I'm using so they can adjust the formulas. It's less harsh and doesn't seem to strip oils as bad so it doesn't trigger my body to overproduce them in between washes. If I wasn't becoming a sweaty disgusting mess every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I'd try to push for longer than every other day/third day wash. Today is day 3 but I'll be getting sweating in the next 2 hours once the sun is up so I'll be washing today.

I am envious of your 7 day. Mine would be absolutely unbearably awful at that point, even with multiple water wash/refreshes. The ends might look nice, though, as the natural oils may have finally made their way down that far hahah!

• Like 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Yesterday morning was awful. Smoke woke me up whining at 515am so I got up thinking he had to go out. When I moved to get up, I realized I had the biggest knot in my back near my ribs on my right side. It STILL hurts horribly this morning. I could barely breathe without crying it hurt so bad. So I let the dogs out, put some CBD icy-hot type cream on the best I could by myself, and curled up in step-daughter's bed with the pups (she's not here until summer and didn't want to disturb anyone else) to try to get more sleep. Then I ended up over-sleeping and giving myself not only a headache, but I slept awkward due to my back and gave myself an awful crick in my neck. Needless to say, I was not a happy morning person yesterday.

Self-love: Saturday I was super proud of my jaw bone being so prominent. I held my head high which only made it stand out more. I was happy.

Yesterday I was a lazy bum. We kept "busy" but not active busy and I felt the laziness which means I didn't feel particularly good about myself, either. No negative, just neutral which is still good.

Journal: I did it all. Yesterday I was late getting up and moving and then didn't journal while I drank coffee (not in the right mindset) so I postponed it almost until we left. Thankfully I had just enough time to knock it out.

Workout: I did do my bodyweight strength and C25K W2D3 on Saturday. I was slower and we didn't go on the trail. Good thing, as we found out the park doesn't open until 8am anyway and you have to pay to get in (we're both veterans which I believe they said had a $0 fee, but I could've read that wrong). I'm back at it today. I'm dragging, though. Woke up in the middle of a dream and I'm just plain not feeling it. Its going to be a rough day with the sleepies. Even the dogs are super chill and sleepy, which is never the case in the mornings. I have bodyweight and C25K. I'm a little nervous how this knot in my back is going to impact my workout. I guess I'll find out in a few minutes for bodyweight and about an hour the run. Also, the run is stepped up this week. I'm not sure I'm ready. 1.5 min run, 1.5 min walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk, 1.5 min run, 1.5 min walk, 3 min run, cool down. Oof! I struggle with the 1.5 min run, I'm really not sure how 3 minutes will go.

Unsure if I've noted that I have dialed back my bodyweight strength since I started running. I no longer use the kettlebell (20lb) when doing squats or lunges like I was previously. My legs are getting a double workout between simply bodyweight and then running up and down the hills around my house, so I dialed it back until I've built a little more endurance and strength to do both and use the kettlebell. Now I only use it for the single arm rows, but it's there and reminding me to keep building. It is slow, but slow is better than not improving at all.

Nutrition: I was really good Saturday but destroyed it Sunday. Granted, I didn't work out yesterday so I had less calories to play with. Our real estate agent (and friend) was hosting a BBQ for his clients and I ended up eating that for lunch plus a small dessert. Then we went out to dinner as a family and despite not being hungry, I got food. I felt weird not ordering anything and just read off the first thing which was a fried fish and shrimp platter. I ended up eating all the fish and shrimp with my excuse being "protein!" Hah. I felt awful and overly stuffed after. It was a late dinner, too, so I went to bed with that awful overly full feeling and it showed on the scale this morning. Ugh.

Today should be better. The man is off work and running errands. Dinner will likely be on me, which I have a recipe I'd like to try and I'll pre-log it once he gets up and is alright with it (assuming he has no other dinner plans already). No clue lunch but I do have salad fixings so I'll likely go that route.

• Like 4

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

I hope the workouts went well.  Practice that self love and allow yourself some grace while you get your back unkinked and caught up on the sleepies.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

22 hours ago, Shello said:

I hope the workouts went well.  Practice that self love and allow yourself some grace while you get your back unkinked and caught up on the sleepies.  

Thank you! Got the sleepies caught up today, I think, as I it was the normal amount of difficult to get out of bed, not the extra super hard extreme level it has been. Yippee!

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A janky back is no fun. I hope it gets better soon.

Thankfully it didn't seem to cause too much issue with workouts (not more than any other workout issue I have *cough*lungs*cough* one day those things will finally get conditioned to run. That day was not yesterday).

It's still there today if I stretch just right, but luckily normal movements and breathing aren't a problem anymore so I'll likely forget it's there.

• Like 2

Self-love: I didn't look in the mirror. I didn't really compliment myself much. I did acknowledge that I'm pretty good at getting tasks done well in a last minute panic under a tight deadline, though. That's still something positive rather than negative so I'm counting it. Baby steps here. I was also proud of myself for running 3 minutes straight. Twice. At this point, as long as I'm talking neutral to positive, I'm counting it, AKA as long as it isn't negative and it's about myself, we're good. I need to put up a reminder somewhere to do this task, I think.... hmmm where will it be super obvious for me, but not get in the man's way? I'll think on this.

Journal: All good here!

Workout: Did the things. It wasn't so bad. It definitely wasn't pleasant on the very very slight (almost unnoticeable) incline on the road from my driveway that lasts nearly a half mile. On the way home that ever so slight incline was delightful to really push myself on that last 3 minutes. Unfortunately, my knee is screaming at me for doing it. I have bone-on-bone and my knee is off track so that's normal. 10 years of the Army has taught me how to overcome this and limit/avoid pain/injury so I guess now I'll start implementing all that. I'll need to get myself a patellar band/brace soon, though, since I plan on keeping this up. I'm being held together by braces. My left ankle and my right knee. Once upon a time, I also had a back brace included in it. Hopefully never again. Today I'm not really doing much. My back is super sore, my neck a tad, and my knee isn't happy so it's more of a stretch and relax day. If the man takes Harley here in a few to run/walk, I'll take Smoke a little later on for a gentle walk.

Nutrition: I attempted a new recipe. Not that good, lacked flavor. It was a calorie bomb so I'm not sure if I'll make it again, especially as the man doesn't like pasta (he's been to Italy so pasta isn't good to him, even if it isn't meant to mimic Italian food). Managed to stay under calories, barely. Today will be a bit harder. I have leftover pasta but it's also Taco Tuesday. No idea what the man has planned for that so until I know, I'll assume the biggest calorie bomb and log that to see what lunch can  be. I might do a tiny portion of pasta with some steamable veggies or something if I can wing it. Good news is, without a workout to drive up my hunger, I can fast until lunch and save some calories.

EDIT: The man is biking this morning because we are having serious wind today (up to 50mph gusts!) so depending on how this evening goes, I'll attempt an after-dinner walk with both pups. I also ordered a knee brace. It won't be here until tomorrow afternoon so I'll have to baby my knee through one more run without support. I can do that without issue. 

• Like 5

Self-love: Bad day. I felt awful because work blew up and  I messed some things up and it made a project lead very unhappy and made my department look bad (despite the majority of us being brand new and trying to learn on the fly which is my case. I wasn't even supposed to be assigned this work -- I was supposed to be doing something completely different!). I worked until 7pm (I'm normally off at 4pm) to finish some documents to get them reviewed today and today I'm finalizing and getting the last 2 documents reviewed so that I can keep things on track now that the situation has been figured out appropriately. I tried to be kind to myself, but I got only 2,000 steps all day and no workout. My calories were still in deficit, but I just felt awful being on my behind all day. Today is better, though. Only positive that I had was I felt proud that I managed to finish all the documents by 7pm with a break for dinner -- I anticipated working all the way up until I started my bedtime wind down.

Today I plan on treating myself to a generous serving of gratitude, kindness, and love to make up for all the stress and negativity from yesterday. I need to forgive myself, recognize that this is a learning experience, it isn't my fault directly, and I have already proven myself capable of making up for my mistakes and getting the job done once given the proper resources and information.

Journal: I got it done. It was rather nice to have an excuse to spend 2 minutes looking away from the computer after all the madness.

Workout: Nothing yesterday. Today, though, I got my bodyweight workout done and then went for a run. I've increased my time, pushed a little harder, and still had some left in the tank (I was being kind to my knees- my brace doesn't come in until this afternoon so I could've pushed harder, but wanted to avoid injury). Bodyweight was a struggle, but my knees weren't liking squats and lunges at all. It really made the rest of the workout a bit of a drag. It might be time to update my bodyweight circuit. I am getting bored of it now anyway.

Nutrition: I managed to keep below calories yesterday despite absolutely no movement. It wasn't delightful, but I was so busy I wasn't really hungry anyway, or at least never noticed the hunger. Today I'm not sure dinner. I have leftover refried beans and skillet lasagna. I'm thinking, because the lasagna isn't super filling but high calorie (and not flavorful) I might toss it and try to make something up of the refried beans for lunch. I used all my spinach on the lasagna so I'm without greens for a salad which I messed up on. I have frozen veg in steamable bags, though, so I may resort to that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darciana said:

Self-love: Bad day. I felt awful because work blew up and  I messed some things up and it made a project lead very unhappy and made my department look bad (despite the majority of us being brand new and trying to learn on the fly which is my case. I wasn't even supposed to be assigned this work -- I was supposed to be doing something completely different!). I worked until 7pm (I'm normally off at 4pm) to finish some documents to get them reviewed today and today I'm finalizing and getting the last 2 documents reviewed so that I can keep things on track now that the situation has been figured out appropriately. I tried to be kind to myself, but I got only 2,000 steps all day and no workout. My calories were still in deficit, but I just felt awful being on my behind all day. Today is better, though. Only positive that I had was I felt proud that I managed to finish all the documents by 7pm with a break for dinner -- I anticipated working all the way up until I started my bedtime wind down.

I think the ability to acknowledge this wasn't your fault since you hadn't been properly trained, finishing before bed time, and especially the good boundary setting re: stopping to eat dinner are all self-love wins. Feeling bad is not a lack of self love, it's a logical, normal response to an icky situation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think the ability to acknowledge this wasn't your fault since you hadn't been properly trained, finishing before bed time, and especially the good boundary setting re: stopping to eat dinner are all self-love wins. Feeling bad is not a lack of self love, it's a logical, normal response to an icky situation. 

That is true, when you frame it like that. Thank you for that insight.

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hope today goes better. And woot for not beating yourself up ,  and for getting your workout in today!

Today is much better, thank you! I finished everything and had it into review by just after everyone's lunch

I also feel much better. I just hit my step goal, which is set to 7,225 steps, and have plenty of possible movement left for the day. My knee also isn't hurting me despite the run and no brace, which makes me happy that I've remembered how to overcome my misalignment issues so well after all these years. But I will be wearing my brace, as it's now arrived, since trying to focus on pacing myself AND focus on aligning my kneecap with every step while running took an immense amount of focus/brainpower for first thing in the morning. I think that contributed to not hitting the running version of "muscle failure" like I usually do.

• Like 4

Self-love: It's very hard to be kind to yourself when you're beyond frustrated, feeling belittled, and overall just unhappy with a situation. So, once again, I was neutral. I did remind myself that I'm doing the best I can with what I know and what I've been given. 

I did, however, feel super proud of myself after my run and reminded myself that I'm amazing for doing that. Even better, I don't have excess knee pain today (just the typical soreness which I'm feeling all over, shockingly)

Journal: All done! This weekend will be a challenge, but I have reminders on my phone 🙂

Workout: I already posted about yesterday's successful workout and run. Today is rowing. I've switched it up from Tuesday to Thursday. Though Tuesday isTaco Tuesday, and therefore usually a calorie bomb of dinner, I can plan and pre-log to meet goals without a workout. Plus I'm more likely to be able to walk the pups in the evening than on a Thursday to make up for things. Thursdays are usually Thirsty Thursday and I eat out at the bar&grill (which I then attempt to overestimate on my logging) and need a little extra wiggle room in the calorie department.

Rowing is 15 minutes (so need to start in about 3 minutes) and may then hop on the bike for light, gentle pedaling while I log in and check emails for the day to help with some of this soreness. I didn't realize pushing on the run like I did would make me so sore!

Nutrition: I was close on calories, but kept it under, somehow. Today is roast for dinner so I'm pre-logging that and lunch (I'm still debating the avocado salad or grilled chicken wrap) before I eat anything today so that I can keep on track. This rowing workout will, hopefully, give me a buffer on calories for the day.

1 minute until I need to start rowing. Off I go!

EDIT: Apparently my upper back is also extremely sore today. I got about halfway through my cardio sprint workout on the rowing machine and had to stop due to muscle failure in my upper back. My arms, from the shoulder down, were also complete jello. I was afraid I'd lose grip on the handle and it'd go flying so I called it off.

I finished cardio sprints on the stationary bike instead. So I guess I got what I wanted in the end.... though I wouldn't call 2 sprint sessions "light gentle pedaling"

The man did end up waking up and is taking Harley for a walk so I think here in a few minutes, once there's a tad more natural light out, I'll take Smoke. I have a meeting at 9 I need to be back and ready for so it won't be much, but it'll keep him from whining (which has already begun as he's already harnessed Harley and Smoke's learned what that means.....

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Darciana said:

1 minute until I need to start rowing. Off I go!

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Self-love: I really admired my legs last night. They used to be my least favorite and I got called "Thunder Thighs" so much in elementary and middle school. I've had huge thighs and calves. Most men are envious of my calf size. I can't wear any kind of boots that come up to the knee or higher as they don't zip due to my calves being too big. But they're mine, they're powerful, and now I love them. My thighs are still wobbly and jiggly. They still have excess fat that hangs off in odd directions up near my hips. But holy moly the definition in the outer sides! They're starting to look really good. And last night, they felt really powerful.  I sat there in shorts and flexed on and off just to feel that muscle move and shift under my skin. I was in awe. This is a HUGE breakthrough.

Note:  I cannot wait until I feel this way about my hips and belly. Those are the two spots with the most awkward hanging fat globs. They're getting smaller, but they're there. Once they get small enough, hopefully I can start to see all the powerful muscle hidden underneath. I have a feeling I'm going to be equally in awe once that occurs.  I need just a little more patience and time to get there, though.

Journal: Ahead of schedule yesterday, yippee! I beat both lunch and evening reminders by about 20 minutes on my own memory. Hopefully I can remember lunch today as we are leaving around noon to go into SA to pick up our side-by-side we bought.

Workout: I'm changing my workout. I was getting tired of my previous workout (it held me for about 6-7 weeks, that's the longest I've stuck to one workout!) but it's time to change things up. Right around the time I purchased my kettlebell, Steve emailed about the kettlebell workout so I printed it (that's almost creepy, Steve). Today, I think I'll try it. I will, however, forego the weighted squats and lunges (just do bodyweight) as my legs are still quite sore and my knee still a little iffy from Monday and Wednesday and I still have a run to do today. Thankfully today is a warmer outside so no more freezing and my body wanting to run faster to warm up quicker (and ultimately being unable to finish the run portions). Plus, I get to try out my fancy new knee brace. The man has a blood test tomorrow morning which requires no vigorous activity for 48 hours so he's taking advantage and sleeping in today rather than working out. Since I can't take both pups when I run (1 is hard enough to control and run) I'll go pup-less. Depending on what's going on this evening, I'll try to take them both on a walk after dinner.

Nutrition: Well I was within calories on both MFP and Fitbit, but I woke up sooooo bloated. I also gave in and had a drink at the bar&grill once I finished work. I asked the bartender his favorite drink to make and I had never tried it. Strawberry mojito. It was delightful and just what was needed to get me in a spring mood despite the weather (dreary and rainy all day with no sighting of the sun whatsoever). I was also so hungry I ate ALL of my chicken wrap and the waffle fries it comes with. Oops. I logged every bite, though. Dinner was a little less as the man didn't see I bought carrots (despite him telling me to buy them...see, I do listen!). Just roast with onion and celery in broth, really. Yay for protein, though. I have quite a bit of the roast left over for today's food. I might make it up with something for a nice protein-rich breakfast and forego the protein shake (protein shakes, both whey and plant, shoot my cholesterol way up so I'm trying to limit them. I'm still figuring out high protein breakfasts, though, so they're still plentiful in my life at the moment. Work in progress. Fortunately the doc is aware and also fortunately it shoots both good and bad up so overall, I'm not at any risk related to high (bad) cholesterol.

Alright, time to go test out this new kettlebell workout....

EDIT: That kettlebell workout is a killer... I have "double jointed" shoulders which causes them to pop out of socket uncontrollably. It took so much focus and effort to do the halos. And one arm almost popped out with the overhead press. But I controlled both and got it done. I think this workout will be a huge key in building that shoulder strength to help keep my shoulders in their sockets 🙂

But holy moly I'm sweaty and feeling it. I'm thinking of adding in some planks to my "cardio sprint" days since I feel like my core needs work (especially low back where my surgery happened), but I didn't quite engage it to the extent I'd like to on the kettlebell. It got some work, but according to the surgeon, I need to do extra work around my core/midsection and hips to keep things aligned and to help avoid another back surgery as long as possible (I have a disease so I can't control that... but I can strengthen things to prolong it!)

EDIT 2: The man complained that I wasn't even tired after Wednesday's run (I was, but I also could've given more. Today, I gave it more... and here's the difference between the two):

W3D2.png

W3D3.png

• Like 4

The point of the halos in that workout, as I understand it, is to prep for Turkish Getups. It works on mobility. However, when I was doing the KB workout, I noticed the halos contributed nicely to arm and trap strength and definition. If you can do the safely I think you will like the results. Also, OHP and Rows with the KB are really good for arm strength and definition. Really focus on the form the coach talks about in the videos, especially the part about rotating your arms going up. That seems to activate every push muscle in the arm really well.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

23 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The point of the halos in that workout, as I understand it, is to prep for Turkish Getups. It works on mobility. However, when I was doing the KB workout, I noticed the halos contributed nicely to arm and trap strength and definition. If you can do the safely I think you will like the results. Also, OHP and Rows with the KB are really good for arm strength and definition. Really focus on the form the coach talks about in the videos, especially the part about rotating your arms going up. That seems to activate every push muscle in the arm really well.

Rotating the arms really gets a good activation that I can feel. I love the rows. I was doing them prior to this workout and I'm really glad to keep them because my entire upper back has been really feeling strong and defined in the last few weeks and I'm LOVING that feeling. I'm really excited to see how my shoulders and arms come around.

I think I have quite a bit of muscle already, I just need to shed a little of the fat to really see them, but I'm not at all against even more muscle. My upper body has always been my weakest part. Especially with halos. I have to kind of alternate - today I did all 3 sets doing 4 one way, 4 the other, and repeating that before moving on. It worked out well to help me focus and control the shoulders without fatiguing them too much and still getting some strengthening. All about balance!

• Like 3

Today is painfully hectic. Fire department class and training, then run back in to SA to pick something up, then to a 4th bday party then a gender reveal then a crawfish boil and kids easter egg hunt then an adult easter egg hunt. Whew.

Self-love: See above, I proudly told Tanktimus about how strong and muscly my back is and I really truly meant it. And I feeeeeeel it today with plenty of soreness. I also feel my inner thighs particularly, but my entire legs are sore this morning.

Journal: All good! I did indeed remember without my phone reminder and was able to journal BEFORE we left the house. And I journaled on my own memory when we got back from dinner, too, before my phone reminder. Today I'll likely need the reminders as it's super hectic.

Workout: My first volunteer fire department class and training today. I'm hoping it's not super intense because I might hit muscle failure. But I'll be happy for any kind of light movement it may bring. I'm waddling because inner thighs are super sore in ways they haven't been in a really long time. I will be including whatever stretches I can manage whenever I can manage them today.

Nutrition: Yesterday was good. With our trip into SA around noon, I was working in the car. I get motion sickness - enough it makes me a tad nauseous and hot, but not enough I can't function. Luckily, we didn't have time to stop for lunch so it was rather nice I wasn't at all hungry. I had a big breakfast anyway so I was okay no matter what. We went out to Chinese for dinner because it was already 6pm by the time we finished errands. Either 45 minutes home to frozen pizza (nothing else was thawed) or eat in town. Both of us were crazy hungry by that point having skipped lunch. I feel less bloated than yesterday, but I can still feel the water weight bloat from the sodium.

Today might be tough. I'm not sure if I want a bigger breakfast and smaller lunch (unsure of if/when/where lunch comes from at this point) or small breakfast (my usual preference) and bank on us getting lunch at all (a repeat of yesterday but without the motion sickness). There will be more than crawfish at the party but they aren't even starting to boil them until 5 (kids eat first batch so adult batches will come even later) and I'm not sure when the other foods will be available. I know there will be plenty of snacks, as usual, with this group. Hoping for healthy options like veggies and fruits at least to snack on and hold me over if needed. Usually there is, thankfully.

• Like 4

The busy day is over! Today should be more relaxing. Once I finish posting (and finishing my coffee which I sip while I post every morning) I'll head to get groceries for the week. Then we are going into town to our friend's. The man has one of his motorcycles over there for friend to ride rather than the 45 minute round trip to pick it up from us and we are replacing the exhaust on that. Then maybe just chilling and enjoying the nice spring day (85-ish? Beautiful)

Self-love: I was super proud of myself for getting the hang of the fire department's training yesterday. I learned how to run the tender truck and not only pull water from a river/creek/pool/water source that's not a hydrant but also to use the truck to pump water into the brush trucks to refill those. I enjoyed the day and, again, was proud of myself for all I did on my very first training. It was a good self-love exercise as well.

Journal: I was able to sit and think over my journal prompts while we were out of the house and I input those into the physical journal this morning before completing this morning's prompts. The lunchtime one will be while I'm away, but hopefully dinner I should be able to do as we better be home by then (or I'll be one cranky individual tomorrow morning having to wake up and work out on short sleep)

Workout: Nothing except NEAT through the day. The fire training wasn't physically demanding and the rest of the day was just walking and standing around at the parties. Our friends are having a little girl, too! Very exciting. Today will likely be easy. Walking the grocery store here in a bit. Then hanging out outside while the boys do the exhaust and maybe walking around town somewhere to get outside and enjoy the day.

Nutrition: I went off the rails. I had quite a substantial breakfast and the man didn't so I wasn't the most hungry by lunch while he was starving. I got a lunch combo which I chose the salad (half serving of one of their full salads. Too hot for the soup option) with a 9" margherita pizza. The other option was grilled cheese but I wanted some tomato (which is weird because I normally hate tomatoes. I'm warming up to them finally). I ate all but one piece of the pizza which was super thin crust and all of my salad. Then later, at the gender reveal, I snacked on a single cookie (my body was sleepy and wanted energy making me crave a sugary treat. One cookie did the trick). Then, at the other party fruit kabob and some mac and cheese before crawfish. I only at one piece of corn, one tiny potato, one piece of garlic, a little boudin, and 2 pieces of sausage from the boil. Not much, but I didn't know how to log it and I'm sure it put me over calories. This round of boil he made very spicy which didn't sit well on my stomach or in my mouth (my lips are still chapped this morning) so I didn't eat any of the crawfish itself.

I also drank a couple calorie-containing drinks which I didn't log. I wanted to try Hiyo non-alcoholic adaptogenic drink and my friend had bought some to try. It was good, but left an odd aftertaste. Unfortunately they tossed the box and that's where nutrition label was so I couldn't verify that to track it. I also tried one seltzer-like alcoholic drink my friend had. It is much better than most canned alcoholic drinks in the ingredients department and it was a delightful light drink mid-afternoon in the sun. I kept it to that one and only alcoholic drink, though. I also couldn't verify the nutrition label on this drink and therefore didn't track.

I'm not sure today's food plans, but I'm focusing on only eating when I'm truly hungry and stopping when I'm satisfied, not completely full.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Darciana said:

The busy day is over! Today should be more relaxing. Once I finish posting (and finishing my coffee which I sip while I post every morning) I'll head to get groceries for the week. Then we are going into town to our friend's. The man has one of his motorcycles over there for friend to ride rather than the 45 minute round trip to pick it up from us and we are replacing the exhaust on that. Then maybe just chilling and enjoying the nice spring day (85-ish? Beautiful)

Self-love: I was super proud of myself for getting the hang of the fire department's training yesterday. I learned how to run the tender truck and not only pull water from a river/creek/pool/water source that's not a hydrant but also to use the truck to pump water into the brush trucks to refill those. I enjoyed the day and, again, was proud of myself for all I did on my very first training. It was a good self-love exercise as well.

I think my favorite part of your daily logs is your self-love sections.  It is beautiful to watch someone speak positively about themselves. 💖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Self-love: Yesterday I loved myself not so much with thoughts/words, but actions. I stretched my sore legs often, I didn't let myself get too lazy and stiff (I kept standing and walking around), and I really listened to my body. I was bloated and feeling uncomfortable all day so I really wanted my body to take the lead and show me what it needed versus what my brain and taste buds wanted. It paid off today, the scale dropped all that excess bloat and water weight right off and I feel so much better this morning.

Journal: I was able to mentally journal while eating lunch (I ate some leftovers from our friend's house as I had skipped breakfast and got hungry). Dinner I did once we were home, before my reminder went off (go me!)

Workout: No workout this weekend, just battling super sore legs! Kettlebell workout really did a number on my legs, which is crazy because I was doing squats and lunges before, but adding in the kettlebells swings really upped it. Coupled with running and wowza. Today is kettlebell workout again and C25K W4D1. I'm increasing from 1.5 and 3 minute runs to 3 and 5 minute runs. And the rest periods are only 1.5 and 3 minutes long, not equal to the runs like before. Oof. Guess we shall see how this goes today. Once again, I'll do the squats and lunges with no weight (except my own body) so I don't over exert myself between that and the running.

Nutrition: I didn't fast (I splurged with adding creamer to my coffee which is super rare for me) and then had a protein bar in the late morning, but not solid breakfast. Lunch, as mentioned, was at our friend's and was leftover homemade beef enchilada. T (friend, male) made beer can chicken on the smoker and K (friend, T's wife) made sweet kale salad and roasted mashed potato thingy. I got seconds of the potatoes and salad but was happy I, for once, left their house feeling satisfied and not overly full! In fact, if I ate like I used to, I'd consider myself still hungry at that point and would've kept eating until I was so full it hurt. Now I know better.

Not sure today's lunch or dinner. I completely forgot to add my pre-cooked frozen grilled chicken breast strips to the grocery list so I can't cook those up for a quick lunch or add to my salad like I normally would. I'll figure something out, I'm sure. Whatever we make for dinner we need to have the asparagus as a side before it goes bad, that I know. I also have 2 sweet potatoes that I need to cut up and eat before they go bad. Maybe I'll prep those and have something sweet potato related for lunch.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Sepherina said:

I think my favorite part of your daily logs is your self-love sections.  It is beautiful to watch someone speak positively about themselves. 💖

It's definitely a challenge but the podcast I've been listening to has a valid point: hitting a weight or mirror image goal isn't going to suddenly flip a switch that allows me to love myself like I should. I should be working both on loving myself daily as I am while I also love myself by improving and getting better every day. I'd rather not hit my weight goal and be disappointed I don't love myself.

Plus, if I can love myself NOW as a work in progress, once I feel strong and healthy and I'm more capable of keeping up on all the adventures, I'll be hopefully so focused on more advanced adventures I won't look for my next fault to beat myself up over. There's always going to be some flaw or imperfection but my focus needs to be on what I'm capable of doing and enjoying in life.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

1 hour ago, Darciana said:

It's definitely a challenge but the podcast I've been listening to has a valid point: hitting a weight or mirror image goal isn't going to suddenly flip a switch that allows me to love myself like I should. I should be working both on loving myself daily as I am while I also love myself by improving and getting better every day. I'd rather not hit my weight goal and be disappointed I don't love myself.

Plus, if I can love myself NOW as a work in progress, once I feel strong and healthy and I'm more capable of keeping up on all the adventures, I'll be hopefully so focused on more advanced adventures I won't look for my next fault to beat myself up over. There's always going to be some flaw or imperfection but my focus needs to be on what I'm capable of doing and enjoying in life.

This is very wise.

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

kettlebell swings are no joke! They do build strong glutes though.

I like my booty strong! Plus after surgery booty and hip gains are necessary to keep my hips (bones) and therefore spine aligned, surgeon's orders.

I was worried when I started the C25K training I'd loose my booty but I'm definitely feeling the soreness and I'm focusing on protein to maintain those muscly bits 🙂Hearing that it's good for glutes does make me feel much better about my training in terms of at the very least maintaining. Thank you!

• Like 3