Darciana's Equinox Adventures

Self-love: I was super proud of my run yesterday going from 1.5 and 3 minute runs to 3 and 5 minutes. I admired the strength of my legs.

Journal: ahead of schedule and all complete!

Workout: I did my kettlebell and run yesterday. In the evening I wanted to take the pups for a walk. Unfortunately, Harley decided she wanted to misbehave and I ended up stepping on her and rolling my ankle. She and I limped with little Smoke home. She's better now, I'm not. This ankle is permanently damaged and super easy to roll. I was supposed to get surgery but the Army decided it didn't want to waste money and just let it "heal" (the tendons and ligaments have all been torn and stretched from here to Timbuktu and back so they aren't normal. It's my "floppy ankle" as I call it.)

I'm doing RICE and wearing a brace when I'm moving around. Fortunately it's only stiff and slightly swollen. No major swelling or bruising so I'm hoping it'll be a quick recovery. I will have to take the rest of this week off running though and that's going to put a delay on my 5k training. I'll focus on upper body strength for tomorrow and Friday, though, so I can keep up some semblance of a workout.

Today, though, I had to run to the store before work started and I did get a very slow gentle walk doing so. My ankle hurts to bend (like pushing my knee forward over my toes it feels like there's something hard in the way [there is -- swelling] but it's not sharp or anything), but it feels so much better with movement since I won't give it a chance to stiffen and lock up. I'll try to keep gently moving it through the day in between RICE sessions. I'll have to walk across the house to get and put back my ice pack anyway.

Nutrition: Yesterday was madness. The man brought me home Arby's for lunch so I ended up eating that. I shared some of my fries with the pups and tossed what we didn't finish. I only drank maaaaaybe a quarter of the Dr. Pepper. Just enough to get a taste and satisfy that sweet tooth. Then he wanted homemade pizza so I made that... Thankfully I burned a lot of extra calories to make up for it as I was right at my calorie goal with eating back all exercise calories. Plus my little extra (ankle-rolling) walk in the evening.

I'm not sure today. I'm not hungry but if I get there before lunch, I have a banana that needs used up. I'm going to attempt a cinnamon banana nut oatmeal. Lunch is a salad of some sort, probably as a side and maybe some black bean sweet potato hash to use up the sweet potatoes. I also have chickpeas I could use... Hmmm. Dinner will be street tacos since I finally remembered to buy the stuff for it. I'll likely add some spinach in there since I've been veggie-less for awhile.

• Like 6

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Did you apply for VA benefits for the ankle?

I can confirm it is listed as a service-connected issue and I believe I get 10% disability through the VA for it but I could be wrong and it's a 0% (either way, it's listed and a known issue by the VA). The last time I rolled it severely enough to need medical intervention (I thought I had torn it entirely again or broken something) was while I was still living in Kansas about 3 weeks before I moved here so the VA didn't really do much but give me crutches and a boot. I've talked to my doc at the VA here in Texas, but I've been fairly good at keeping it healthy and uninjured so they won't do anything. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I think this is just a roll, maaaaybe very minor sprain, so again, they won't do much except tell me to RICE. I did send a note to my doc to put it in my record that it's rolled again, though, so at least they can keep track of that in case it becomes a problem again.

I think because it's "healed" and I haven't injured it enough to warrant surgery, they aren't going to do surgery on it. I imagine like a bone that was set wrong - the VA won't re-break it to set and heal it right if it isn't causing dramatic issues, they'll just wait for it to break again and then set/heal. I'll likely have to tear it or roll it several more times to cause enough damage to warrant surgery through them. I might could get away with Tricare covering surgery, but I'd still be paying something out of pocket and, since it's a voluntary thing, it'll probably be a bigger chunk than it's worth (similar to the man's shoulder a few years ago)

I think I am doing okay because of all the strength training. My tendons and ligaments maybe floppy, but the muscles and stabilizers in there have definitely improved in strength to keep me going this long. Plus, that roll would've definitely bruised and swelled worse in the past than it has this time. I've done something right to help limit injury and I hope I can keep that up. I'll be back to wearing the brace, though. I hate that thing, but it does help.

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

55 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Oof, I hope your ankle recovers quickly. it's a disconcerting feeling when you can feel it get floppy. 

Spinach is a great sneaky vegetable to hide in food. :)

I love spinach so much. I eat it, hidden or not (but it is great to hide in for others who need it but won't eat it. hehehehe)

Yes, the floppiness is very disconcerting. But I've had this injury since summer 2012 so I'm a bit used to it. As I said to Tanktimus above, I think I've made progress with all the strength training to help stabilize it. It likely won't ever be enough without surgery or a brace, but it's definitely improved significantly. This was a freak accident. Previously, it'd roll on flat ground for no reason, as if it just suddenly turned into a puddle so I'm quite happy it took so much to cause this (not that I'm happy it happened). Especially since a roll like this would've previous swelled this the size of my calf (and I have HUGE calves, lemme tell ya. Tall boots won't fit me and zip up over them..it's annoying) and bruise from my toes to my mid-calf. I think I'll be good by the weekend if I keep up RICE and gently walking around on it to keep it from getting stiff and locked up.

• Like 1

Self-love: I did some thought AND action. I thought about how well my body has come along. This ankle injury could've been so much worse (as it has in the past almost every time I've done this) yet there was very little swelling and absolutely no bruising. By the end of the day yesterday (24 hours later) I was able to walk normal with barely any achiness. [I feel it this morning, but that's just stiffness from not moving it overnight.  Also a storm rolled in and is raging outside currently. Pressure changes from weather bothered my ankle prior to this injury]. I thought about how much strength, stability, and durability I had introduced into my body and the evidence is right in front of me with this injury. If one of my most fragile joints is this anti-fragile already, what does that say about the rest of my body?! That is something to be proud of no matter what

For the action - I wore my brace when going out of the house, despite it feeling better. I did RICE through the day. I kept it mobile and moving with gentle stretches to ensure it wouldn't get stiff or locked up. I cared for it like a little child, with love and tenderness - no anger or bitterness. Which I need to remember today as I skip my C25K to do a bike interval instead and post pone my running training ....again. Health comes first

Journal: My reminder went off just as I sat down to eat lunch and write it while lunch cooled enough to eat. That's a win. The dinner prompt was completed a mere 3 minutes before my reminder went off. I'm getting good. Like my body is on an internal timer or something..... Like how I woke up 3 minutes before my alarm this morning? Weird, huh? (Only took years for me to train my body appropriately.

Workout: Nothing yesterday except a nice walk around the grocery. Twice (our friend is going out of town so we invited our other friend, his wife, and 2 kids to come over for dinner tonight. I needed extra sides. This happened, of course, AFTER I had already gone to the store the first time yesterday). I did try to meet my hourly step goal (250 steps minimum every hour for 12 hours) and overall step goal (7,225 steps), but a couple meetings ran long and I couldn't step away from my desk (stupid short bluetooth range...).

Today I'm going to do as much of the kettlebell workout as possible. The only 2 I may struggle with are squats and lunges. I have the brace on, but that much bending may be too much. Will test it gently and adjust as necessary. I also found a couple of cycling workouts an Olympic runner has done to keep up her conditioning while recovering from an inflammation injury. It's 15 minutes for a single set (it was recommended to do 2 sets of it) so I'll do the one and see how I feel/what my time looks like with work. My actual runs go about 25-30 minutes so if I use my same adjusted work schedule, I can do both if my body is okay.

EDIT: I feel less bad as this beautiful storm outside is making me feel so strong and powerful and I would not have been able to do my run. It seems the storms are forming over us and they keep coming. They are now forecasted to last until after my normal run time. So regardless of my ankle, I would've had to skip today's run anyway. I love when Mother Nature gives me a beautiful (and empowering) gift like this...

Nutrition: I was good yesterday. Slightly over for awhile there, but some shuffling around in the evening helped gain me some steps and calories back. I made banana, peanut butter, cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast (with ground flaxseed for the fiber staying power. It worked, I wasn't hungry for lunch until late) and leftover pizza for lunch because I'm a straight lazy bum. Dinner was street tacos to which I stuck to my 2 I had previously logged and that was it. I had splurged with a Crunch bar as I was really craving chocolate. I ate half the bar at first, put it in the fridge and was still craving some later so I finished it. By the time I finished it, I was content.

Today I have overnight oats (with strawberries and peanut butter and more flaxseed) should I get hungry for breakfast. Unsure lunch but thinking of using the sweet potatoes that have taken me nearly 2 weeks to finally chop up and making a type of sweet potato-black bean hash/skillet of sorts. Dinner is a smoked pork loin with corn on the cob and asparagus. I think our friend is bringing something else as a side as well. She said something about it but we shall see. Maybe a salad? She usually likes having salad. I have spinach and salad stuff (minus any dressing except ranch) as well. I've already logged breakfast and dinner so I know my limits for lunch.

• Like 4

I love your workouts and how powerful they make you feel!  I hope your ankle heals up quickly so you can get back to 100%.  

Also, all your food sounds pretty epic too! 

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

37 minutes ago, Shello said:

I love your workouts and how powerful they make you feel!  I hope your ankle heals up quickly so you can get back to 100%.  

Also, all your food sounds pretty epic too! 

I wish I could invite you right on over - we have waaaay too much for dinner. The pork loin I purchased was on sale. It was nearly 10lbs! But the 10lb was only about $5 more than the 2lb version. Unfortunately it can't be cut up into portions and frozen like I was hoping so it's an all or nothing. Good thing I like leftovers, right? I think we will also send some leftovers home with our friend for her hubby who will come back from business tomorrow.

For workouts and being powerful - I struggle to feel motivated to do the workouts. There is no workout that I "like" enough to look forward to. Instead, I find workouts that make me feel strong and powerful so I can look forward to that feeling rather than the workout directly.

• Like 4

I’ve recently also been boosting my breakfasts with ground flax - it’s a powerhouse!

I really enjoy reading your updates. Keep it up. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

I’ve recently also been boosting my breakfasts with ground flax - it’s a powerhouse!

I really enjoy reading your updates. Keep it up. ❤️ 

Since I've started adding it, I can't typically finish my breakfasts! It becomes so filling and it has been really good for holding me over for a later lunch. The later lunch, in turn, helps me stay satisfied until dinner and avoid unnecessary afternoon snacking. It's a true win-win-win.

Thank you, it's really motivating to know there are awesome people like you out there checking in on my updates. It really keeps me in line and working to be better ❤️ It no longer seems like I'm just ranting to the universe, there's actually a purpose behind it. This community is really amazing

• Like 3

Self-love: I complimented myself on my ability to make cheesecake and make the homemade strawberry "jam" that gets swirled in simultaneously while being on a work call and trying to time it to get on another work call immediately after. Also, the cheesecake was delicious. It was not in my calorie goals, but that's okay. The scale wasn't terribly mean about it and I don't feel guilty (which is another moment of self-love in the form of forgiveness and acceptance, yay!)

Journal: All good to go! I set my lunar intentions for the full moon (this is the surrender/release time as the face of the moon slowly fades from view). I'm releasing perfectionism to put it simply.

Workout:  I managed my full kettlebell workout with bodyweight squats and lunges included yesterday! I also did a 3-2-1-2-3 workout on the bike (rest times are 1/2 the prior interval). They said do 2 sets, but I only managed one as my ankle was getting a little irritated. It was still a good workout. I gently pedaled in the evening after dinner instead of my usual after dinner walk with pups. I trust myself to walk, but I don't trust 2 pups who pull and apparently now spaz and dart quite yet. Maybe tomorrow it'll feel stronger. The biking is helping a lot as I focus on using my ankle rather than my calf to move and push to help rebuild strength. It's no longer getting stiff, so that's really good!

Today I slept in so I only had time for a light pedal for 10 minutes, but I'll try to get up and moving through the day to make up for it.

Nutrition: I splurged, as I said above, on cheesecake. Today I've already pre-logged everything, including snacks. I'm over by 214 calories according to MFP but I've been really good about hitting 2,000 calories a day burn on MFP so my exercise allowance should pop up and cover that (currently exercise is sitting at 0). I won't know Fitbit until this evening, but I'm only at 1,500 calories which I know my BMR is 1450 so I'm above that even on a lazy day so long as I get out of bed.

• Like 4

On 4/5/2023 at 11:14 AM, Darciana said:

For workouts and being powerful - I struggle to feel motivated to do the workouts. There is no workout that I "like" enough to look forward to. Instead, I find workouts that make me feel strong and powerful so I can look forward to that feeling rather than the workout directly.

This is really motivating.  I ended up falling off the wagon a year or so ago and I've noticed huge changes (for the worse) since then.  I have more joint issues, more aches and pains.  I've been gentle getting back into workouts but this reminded me of how it used to feel and I really want that feeling again.  Brain weasels tell me a lot that I can't get that back but I'm certain that's not true!  Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

18 hours ago, Shello said:

This is really motivating.  I ended up falling off the wagon a year or so ago and I've noticed huge changes (for the worse) since then.  I have more joint issues, more aches and pains.  I've been gentle getting back into workouts but this reminded me of how it used to feel and I really want that feeling again.  Brain weasels tell me a lot that I can't get that back but I'm certain that's not true!  Thanks for sharing.  

Brain weasels are definitely wrong because I've been where you are and I've managed to come this far. I still have joint issues (I always will unless I have surgery...stupid diseases), aches and pains due to arthritis, etc. But, I work out around those by learning my body and trying new things. Plus strength training around those really helps ease them, if I can manage it right. I think it is true for everyone - there is SOMETHING out there that can make you feel strong and powerful while limiting or eliminating those aches and pains. It just needs a little trial and error. With a sprinkle of determination! My Big Why kept me trying and changing things around until I found a happy place

I wish you all the luck. Getting started is the hardest part but I absolutely believe in you and look forward to your updates on this ❤️

• Like 2

Self-love: Oooooof. I fell off the wagon. I binged like crazy, I didn't get in a good workout, I got stressed out at work and the man ordered me 2 drinks while I was in the bathroom because he knows I love them (when I do choose to drink) but I was so stressed out from work I drank them.... So last night was a whole lot of reminding myself that I still deserve forgiveness and banishing guilt. This morning, after seeing the scale jump up over 2lbs, I'm right back to telling myself I need to gently get back on track with habits, forgive myself, and move on. I can't change the past, I'll only ruin the present and stress more by feeling guilty or upset over it. Better to just move on in a positive manner.

Also trying right now really hard to tell myself I'm doing my normal scheduled workout instead of a punishment for last night. The brain is determined.... I'm not foregoing my scheduled workout to break that mental cycle, but I'm really struggling to get my brain to grasp that today isn't punishment, it's simply getting back on track and conveniently it is a "hard" day (C25K/kettlebell). I'm a work in progress for sure. But that's better than standing still, I suppose!

Journal: The one thing I DID stay on track with yesterday. Go me!

Workout: Today I'm doing another cycling. I'm hoping to do the 3-2-1-2-3 intervals twice through like its supposed to be done. I'm aiming to start back C25K with a Week4 re-do next week on Monday. The ankle hasn't felt weak or floppy in a couple days so if I manage 2 sets of intervals today, it will give me a good idea of where I stand with that. I'll definitely be keeping the brace on long-term, though. Especially when working out.  Kettlebell workout can be done quickly and easily, without too much issue with the ankle. It's feeling sore today, but that's more due to the weather than anything. I'll knock that out here shortly.

Nutrition: I fell off. I wasn't hungry, but I had a craving for I don't know what and I kept munching trying to find it. I didn't find it. I gave up logging. Especially with the drinks involved and my stress levels. Today I aim to be better. I have spinach and carrots to munch on for snacks. I have cubed sweet potatoes I can cook up, black beans, chick peas, and leftover steak strips I can make up. This afternoon we are meeting up with the Chief for some fire training one-on-one and I'm also getting fitted for the rest of my gear (I fit the same stuff as another member for tops and boots, but bottoms need measurements...) and hopefully that will keep me distracted enough to avoid snacking unnecessarily. It may also keep me active with standing and walking around. I'm also going to the grocery this morning for the weekly stock up (the minor things since I went during the week as well) but that's plenty of walking as I always park in the back of the lot and walk all the way around the store.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Darciana said:

Also trying right now really hard to tell myself I'm doing my normal scheduled workout instead of a punishment for last night. The brain is determined.... I'm not foregoing my scheduled workout to break that mental cycle, but I'm really struggling to get my brain to grasp that today isn't punishment, it's simply getting back on track and conveniently it is a "hard" day (C25K/kettlebell). I'm a work in progress for sure. But that's better than standing still, I suppose!

In much the same way that mediation is not having an empty mind but redirecting the mind when it wanders, self love is not never beating ourselves up but redirecting ourselves when we start to do so. The fact that you are struggling with the self-deprecating thoughts and redirecting them IS self love, which means you are winning. If it wasn't difficult, it wouldn't have been worth making it as a goal in the first place. The only way to lose is to give up, and if you ever did give up when you un-give up you un-lose.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

You are telling yourself all the right things.  Don't listen to your brain weasels either.  

I was sick yesterday so I didn't even try to come in my office to hop on the computer.

Self-love: I gave myself a lot of self love by trying to rest. Not sure if it was food poisoning or just something not sitting right, but my stomach and intestine area was cramping and hurting so bad most of the day yesterday. I didn't eat except soup for dinner and I struggled to keep anything down until I got a gatorade to sip on for electrolytes. Almost no water, though. I'm feeling better today, just extremely bloated and heavy.

Journal: I did journal, it just wasn't very much. A sentence or two but I'll count it. I did try.

Workout: None. I'm giving myself rest today since I felt so bad all day yesterday. I need hydration and fuel.

Nutrition: I'm so bloated from the sodium of the soup and the lack of water all day. I'll be pushing water today and hopefully banishing some of it.

I did get stuff to make a veggie chickpea curry to eat for lunches this week. Perfect for being low calorie, high volume getting back on track and coming off an upset stomach. Unsure dinner, but I should be okay.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Oof, that's rough. Hopefully you're sorted out soon! 💜

• Thanks 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hopefully you are feeling better today.  

• Thanks 1

I am feeling better sick-wise, but still feeling heavy and bloated today. I did weigh myself and I'm up nearly 2lbs, but a good chunk of that is likely the lingering bloat. Unfortunately the man started feeling sick Sunday night (at first we thought he had overeaten because I definitely had after not eating all day) but he was eating soup and crackers all day yesterday. Hopefully today he's feeling better and we are both on the mend. Step-son informed us last night that 4 people called off work sick yesterday, including his high school friend (they had school off) so I'm overjoyed at the fact he may be bringing something else home, too. 🙄 Yippee. Just in time for the man and I to travel (he travels next week, mine the following week)

Self-love: I made myself vegetable chickpea curry to eat on for lunches this week. No more leftovers or scrounging. I spent an hour in the kitchen preparing it with love and intention just for me. I froze half, as it was a very large batch, and set aside portions for the week.

Journal: All good to go here! I just realized I'm going to have to find a way to fit my journals in with all my travel stuff. This shall be interesting as I'm attempting to do carry-on only. They're almost the size of a small textbook... huge! I'll figure it out. I did learn the attire is business casual so I won't be packing bulky jeans at least. That will help.

Workout: Nada. I'm attempting to run again tomorrow so I don't want to hurt myself today. I'll aim for hitting step goals and moving every hour, though, so I'm not sitting on my butt all day being lazy.

Nutrition: The curry was surprisingly delicious. It's filled with cauliflower, bell pepper, sweet potatoes, onion, baby carrots and chickpeas. I also tried this chickpea rice I found when looking for a small package of quinoa to try (I've never had it). They only have the 5lb bulk and knowing my luck, I'll spend the money for the 5lb only to hate it. Plus, I'll be the only one eating it, hah! The chickpea rice was really good, but it was a flavored kind. Still, it went really well with the curry. I realized the curry makes 6 servings, but my serving was so small I could make about 10 or more of them. I was very snacky around dinner and starving by dinner (I ended up having a second serving which I shouldn't have, but I still felt hungry after waiting). I'm aiming to increase my serving size of curry today. It's a very voluminous meal, but it seems it doesn't have the staying power I was hoping for. I might add in my ground flaxseed to today's in hopes it'll help along with the larger serving.

Dinner, as usual, will be a sort of Mexican fare for Taco Tuesday. What specifically, I'm not sure.

• Like 3

Alrighty! I got a short term (2 week) goal! All because I finally got an email about my upcoming business trip for training at the end of the month. And it is business casual (rather than my usual power-plant style of jeans and button down cotton long sleeve with safety toe boots). Let the panic begin!

I have 2 pairs of slacks. They fit, but they're super tight (granted, I'm still feeling really bloated today but even my thighs are feeling tight in them). My shirts fit okay, but I do have a muffin top that doesn't quite look good to me. Or feel good for that matter. I just had to order new shoes so those will be okay. I've stayed the same size in that anyway, but throwing it out there.

That being said..... I want to feel more comfortable wearing this business casual for 3 days and not feel squeezed in or like I'm about to bust a seam on them.

Ranting about my time while on the trip and what I have going on and need to be prepared for:

Spoiler

I also discovered that Wednesday night is a dinner on the town courtesy of the training host. The host is also providing daily continental breakfast and lunches for the 3 days of training. With that said, we'll likely not be allowed to leave site for lunch during training (they're asking for dietary accommodation needs to be inclusive) so I'm reliant on my willpower and what's offered to avoid additional bloat, heaviness, and actual gain. Not that I could leave, I won't have a vehicle.

I'm at the mercy of my coworker with the vehicle for dinner Tuesday and Thursday night but I can coordinate with her easily (she's a sweetheart). We'll likely end up at a restaurant that has options so it'll work out if I can keep myself in check.

I fly out Friday so I'll be at the mercy of the airport for dinner (I'll land at 11pm so I'll need something before that) but I can also change back into jeans before getting on my flight for more comfort and won't be wearing business casual beyond that for the foreseen future so I guess Friday night won't matter except for the long-term weight/fat loss goal.

I did already "pack" my business casual (I set it aside but avoiding wrinkles) and I packed (truly in a bag) 2 sets of workout clothes (minus socks because I'll need those between now and then....stupid sock monster always stealing my socks! I have plenty of capris and tanks to work out in to set 2 sets aside). I'll wear my running shoes on the plane so I'm not taking 3 pairs of shoes.

The hotel states it has a gym. I plan on knocking out workouts at the very least on Wednesday and Friday, per my normal schedule. Class starts at 745 sharp and my coworker is staying at the same hotel. We'll work out when we need to leave and I'll adjust my morning schedule to ensure I get a complete workout and a shower before meeting up with her for the day.

I say(type) all this as I know I won't lose 10+lbs and fit super great in my slacks in the next 2 weeks. Losing a handful of pounds and an inch or two (including bloat inches) might help at least avoid the splitting seams which is all I can ask for.

Soooooo, what I do Tuesday afternoon (when I fly out) through Thursday evening really can impact how well those slacks are going to fit the next day. I need to be mindful of that fact and careful with my intake. In addition, I'd much prefer, as most of us would, not to return home with a gain. Maintenance, fine. Gain, not so much.

So, for the next 2 weeks (I leave exactly 2 weeks from today), I need to be on my absolute best behavior to go into this training with better fitting slacks. Tomorrow I still plan on doing kettlebell training and a run. If tomorrow goes well, finish up C25K Week 4 on Friday and continue on with Week 5 next week with 3 days of kettlebell and 3 days of C25K. I'll also have 1 day of kettlebell and C25K the Monday before my trip (which I'm planning to keep doing during my trip, as mentioned in the spoiler). I'll need to stay on my case about getting a workout Tuesday and/or Thursday as well. Be it biking, rowing, or even yoga, movement is movement and every little bit helps!

I have my veggie curry this week and, if needed, fiber-rich breakfasts (I ate at about 8am this morning and I'm still not hungry so it's working!). Plenty of healthy snacks as well, should I need them.

I'm also going to plan/batch cook lunches for all of next week similar to this week's curry. I'll be in charge of dinners for the 3 nights the man will be gone on his trip (I believe Tuesday-Thursday but he won't be home until well after dinner Thursday) so I can make them healthier/lighter. Stepson usually doesn't complain and eats whatever is put on his plate.

Anybody who reads this -- STAY ON MY CASE. Please. Pretty pretty please ❤️

Tentatively planning:

Tuesday - Taco meat - I can make taco salad, stepson can make taco/burrito

Wednesday - Chicken breast/thigh/drumsticks in the air fryer (with some veggies for me since stepson won't eat 'em)

Thursday - steak bites (with veggies and potatoes)

Lunches - Stuffed peppers with ground tofu, quinoa (if I can find the small package this time otherwise chickpea rice), black beans, whatever else comes to mind. In the air fryer because I need to use that thing.

• Like 4

Okay, I am here to stay on your case as requested. You’ve got this!!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Okay, I am here to stay on your case as requested. You’ve got this!!

Thaaaaank you! I'm going to need it. Call me out on bad habits, point anything out that may help or that could be holding me back, tell me to get off my lazy bum, whatever you feel is necessary I will gladly accept

• Like 1

Self-love: I planted my garden. I got on my hands and knees (in a fresh clean pair of jeans at that) and played in the dirt like a child. But my garden is no longer in pots, it's all in the ground. For the first time ever. This not only was therapeutic, mentally, but physically. Plus, it was much needed activity. Prior to yard work, I was sitting about 3,000 steps walked and when I was done, I was at 7,600. So I felt less bad about myself being a lazy bum!

Journal: I was on top of it. Well, not really, I wasn't hungry by noon so I had to use my reminder to do my "lunch" prompt, buuuut dinner was done early. Granted, my reminder is set to right about the time I head in to do my nighttime routine and curl up in bed with a book so it's a very last minute reminder. Sometimes it's needed, though!

Workout: Today I'm doing kettlebell, which I know I can do already, and I'm also going to go out and attempt C25K W4D2 today. I'm taking it slow and easy to avoid re-injury. I will stop if needed to avoid that but hopefully I can simply push through. This ankle has been injured so many times I know exactly what to look for and expect. I'll be wearing my brace from here out, though, as the rolling gives little to no warning and my brace has metal bars to keep that from happening. Also have braces for both knees which I'm looking forward to seeing how they go. Particularly as I believe I slept funny on my right knee first half of the night as it was achy and sore, causing me to struggle to get comfy and fall back asleep during the morning hours. I'll probably come back and edit this post after workouts to report in my trial results.

Nutrition: I was 48 calories over my goal according to MFP but looking now, I was under 252 when accounting for my gardening session. I didn't bother to look last night as the 50 calories was negligible in my eyes anyway. I was happy, though, to realize by the time I finished reading for the night my Fitbit calories burned was over my goal of 2,000. I would've have managed that without the gardening session. I adjusted my Fitbit to 1.5lbs/week (gives me a buffer since I don't trust the calories burned on there) so I had 58 calories left in my day according to that.

Today, if the run works out, I'll have a little more wiggle room. I'm not sure dinner, but lunch, as it has been, will be my veggie chickpea curry with chickpea rice. I also have roasted sweet potato I need to eat up before it goes bad. I might cut my oatmeal serving in half and have a little sweet potato hash of sorts with spinach that also needs to be used up. It looks like its beginning to wilt.

Alright, off I go to kettlebell and hopefully it'll lighten up soon to knock out this dreadful run. My lungs hate me already 🤣

EDIT: So the run went better than I thought. My ankle is sore, but that's expected. The program was 3 min run, 1.5 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 3 min run, 1.5 min walk, 5 min run and I managed 1.69mi in 21:40 which isn't great, but it's progress! So long as I can get this soreness recovered by tomorrow evening, I'll be finishing up week 4 on Friday. Week 5 is a doozy!

(Note: all workouts begin with 5 min warmup and end with 5 min cooldown which I'm not including each day, including in the description of today above)

W5D1: 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run

W5D2: 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run

W5D3: 20 min run. No walks (except warmup/cooldown)

Week 6 is similar as far as intervals (longer, though) on 2 days and a solid run the third day (22 min).

Week 7, 8, and 9 are all straight runs, no walking intervals with increasing run times each day..

• Like 3