WhiteGhost Saw it on Mulberry Street

Poor Phantom!! But yikes, there's no denying that parentage!

Sorry to hear about the greens. Does Ghostess have any idea what to use them for?

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Mystery Green stir fry.  Sounds just like something out of Dr Seuss.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

22 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Hahaha! Poor Phantom!

I'm totally here for the cat stories!

And cat stories you shall have!

18 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Ooooh. Totally the same and disappeared for a year because of it. Back and following, though! 

Hiya!  How's life treating you these days?

14 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Poor Phantom!! But yikes, there's no denying that parentage!

Sorry to hear about the greens. Does Ghostess have any idea what to use them for?

There was a bit of a question at first, because the other possible father is also similar in color.  Now that Lich is bigger, it is pretty clear they were cut from the same mold.  Even the various makings on their fur are almost identical.  

As for the greens, I asked Ghostess and was basically "yeah, those things are gross, I would just toss them because I'm not going to cook anything with them"  She could have told me that earlier...  :D 

14 hours ago, Shello said:

Mystery Green stir fry.  Sounds just like something out of Dr Seuss.  

Speaking of something out of Dr. Seuss, you should see our eggs

xAOuuvV.jpg

Would you like them with ham, Sam I Am?

------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's story also involves cats, but isn't as interesting as the other one.  We have a service which send over someone to clean our house once a week.  We have a regular lady that does that and it took a bit of getting used to having a stranger come in and do that.  I always feel uncomfortable when she's here, and apparently I am not the only one who feels that way.  Wraith completely ignores her and Lich follows her around the house trying to see what she is doing.  Phantom, though, hates her.  I have no idea why, but whenever she comes over he will hide and when she comes into the room where he is  he will arch his back and hiss at her.  This is really weird because he never hisses at any other strangers, and is usually the most chilled out cat there ever was.  

Now, I know some of you may be thinking that maybe she did something mean to him, but that isn't it.  He was like that the first time she ever came in,  I don't know if he just doesn't like her smell or maybe the cut of her jib.  Whatever it is, we are all baffled and more than a little bit amused.

• Like 9
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

39 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Phantom, though, hates her.  I have no idea why, but whenever she comes over he will hide and when she comes into the room where he is  he will arch his back and hiss at her.  This is really weird because he never hisses at any other strangers, and is usually the most chilled out cat there ever was.  

Now, I know some of you may be thinking that maybe she did something mean to him, but that isn't it.  He was like that the first time she ever came in,  I don't know if he just doesn't like her smell or maybe the cut of her jib.  Whatever it is, we are all baffled and more than a little bit amused.

He could simply loathe the smell of cleaning products. He wouldn't be the first cat who does. As for cleaning in general, most cats seems to dislike it, because all the smells they like and know go away, and they have to "relearn" their own home territory again, which is frustrating for them.  Our cats tolerate sweeping and vacuuming considerably better than they do mopping or anything else that involves spreading a cleaning product around.

Of course, all this is just a theory. Phantom could just as easily have strong objections to the shape of her ears, or the way she turns a door handle. :) 

• Like 3

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I always feel uncomfortable when she's here, and apparently I am not the only one who feels that way. 

A lifetime of watching horror movies tell me that she's either:

A. Dead and possessed by her own ghost that's desperately trying to reanimate her body

B. Dead and possessed by the vengeful ghost of someone else 

C. Still on this mortal coil but possessed by the vengeful ghost of someone else due to a shamanic ritual gone wrong

C1. Or perhaps she was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

C2. Or perhaps she possessed herself in an attempt to speak with the dead and it went very wrong....

D. A host for [insert local demonic god here]

E. Just a raggedy mean mortal woman with a chip on her shoulder 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

20 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

He could simply loathe the smell of cleaning products. He wouldn't be the first cat who does. As for cleaning in general, most cats seems to dislike it, because all the smells they like and know go away, and they have to "relearn" their own home territory again, which is frustrating for them.  Our cats tolerate sweeping and vacuuming considerably better than they do mopping or anything else that involves spreading a cleaning product around.

Of course, all this is just a theory. Phantom could just as easily have strong objections to the shape of her ears, or the way she turns a door handle. :) 

I'm pretty sure his issue is with this lady in particular,  when she is on vacation and someone else comes instead Phantom doesn't get fussed.  I wonder if it is something that reminds him of something before we adopted him, like the sound of her voice or something

13 hours ago, shaar said:

A lifetime of watching horror movies tell me that she's either:

A. Dead and possessed by her own ghost that's desperately trying to reanimate her body

B. Dead and possessed by the vengeful ghost of someone else 

C. Still on this mortal coil but possessed by the vengeful ghost of someone else due to a shamanic ritual gone wrong

C1. Or perhaps she was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

C2. Or perhaps she possessed herself in an attempt to speak with the dead and it went very wrong....

D. A host for [insert local demonic god here]

E. Just a raggedy mean mortal woman with a chip on her shoulder 😅

Given that we live in a haunted house with 3 undead, your line of thinking has merit :D   On the other hand, Phantom doesn't seem afraid of the Lich here, but he is absolutely afraid of the Wraith :D 

-----------------------------------------------

Story time:

China's parks are very different from ay other place I have lived, the key difference being the demographics.  In China, the young kids are in school and doing homework until late, and don't have time to go to the park.  Working adults have even less time, and in many cases the grandparents take care of the kids because both parents work.  This means you also don't see any working age adults at the parks.  The people who do have time for the parks are the retired.  I am the only regular at the park where I work out that is less than 60, so I am younger than most of my friends there by 20 or 30 years.   The people who are there tend to be in relatively good health for their age, and some of the them are crazy strong.   In addition to those who are there to work out, there are countless others there for other recreational activities like taichi, practicing music (singing or instruments), art (drawing, painting and photography), and more than anything else, dancing.  You can see dancing of every kind - ballroom, swing, latin, traditional Chinese dances, modern (I used to learn with a group there doing shuffle)  but the most common is a dance style called "public square dancing" or Guang Chang Wu in Chinese.  Not at all related to square dancing like you might see in the US, this idance style gets its name because it is commonly seen all across China in public squares and parks every evening .  It is characterized by synchronized movement like you see in tiktok videos  but way less complicated and involving, usually, a lot more people.   

This informational background lays the foundation for plenty of future stories but, yesterday's story doesn't even involve the park.  There are also groups of people that are active in the yard of our complex, but on a much smaller scale than you find at the park.  There is a larger group that does sword taichi, as well as a few other smaller groups.  One of those is just weird.  They walk around in circles for 30-40 minutes or more in what appears to be some kind of weird congo line.  I don't know if I descrive it so here is a  video I took from my window

Every time I see them out there, it reminds me of the invisible hula hoop woman @DarK_RaideRshowed a video of in his last challenge

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

One of those is just weird.  They walk around in circles for 30-40 minutes or more in what appears to be some kind of weird congo line.  I don't know if I descrive it so here is a  video I took from my window

I immediately matched their movements up in my head to one of my favorite hype songs, Party Rock:

I mean if you play them side by side it KINDA MATCHES UP and could work???? 🤣

Also I have a hunch they are doing the summoning circle for the vengeful spirits of your angry housecleaner...

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

17 hours ago, shaar said:

I immediately matched their movements up in my head to one of my favorite hype songs, Party Rock:

They definitely were NOT playing that music, but they absolutely SHOULD have!

17 hours ago, shaar said:

Also I have a hunch they are doing the summoning circle for the vengeful spirits of your angry housecleaner...

This makes way too much sense not to be correct :D 

---------------------------------------------

Yesterday evening our church had a conference that I attended and traffic on the way there was terrible.  However, it did lead me to seeing two things I have not seen for a very long time and so my story is going to be talking about those 2 things.

The first thing I saw was a blue Ford F150 pickup truck.  The color nor specific model of the truck were the relevant parts of that.  I just have not seen a pickup truck here for probably more than a decade.  The reason for that is because pickup trucks are illegal here.  They were outlawed shortly before I arrived here because they were being used to steal bicycles.  Bike racks are not really a thing here, so people would just park their bike and  put a chain through the wheel.  That made it very difficult to ride or push away, but the thieves would cruise around town looking for valuable bikes and then just toss them in the back ad drive off, dealing with the pesky locks at their lair or wherever they did those things.  Given this was back in the days when bikes were actually valuable before the entire county got literally flooded with rental bikes

Spoiler

A bicycle graveyard in Wuhan in 2018. Photo: Wu GuoyongNumerous abandoned public shared bikes in WuhanDamaged or abandoned low-cost shared bikes in China often end up in 'graveyards' like this oneA crane unloads shared bikes from trucks in Xiamenbicycle graveyard.

So even though the reason for the ban is now anachronistic, the ban has never been repealed and so it is illegal to own a pickup in Beijing, and trucks with out of city plates are not allowed inside the 5th ring (The city proper current outer limits).  The truck I saw yesterday was unregistered (no plates at all) and I have no idea what it was doing in the city, but it was certainly something worth noting on Mulberry Street

The second thing I saw that was worth noting, at least for me was the sun as it set on the horizon.  This is unusual for a couple of reasons.  First, living in a big city surrounded by miles and miles of skyscrapers is that one very rarely ever sees the horizon.  Usually your best bet is to see the sun going down behind some buildings off in the distance.  The only chance you have for seeing the horizon is when you have a very long, very straight road , and there are very few of those in a city as old as Beijing.  The other reason this was unusual is because the city here usually has pretty bad pollution.  When the sun is directly overhead, the rays tend to shine through strongly enough, but when it gets lower the amount of pollution it has to get through at those lower angles multiplies significantly.  Usually the sun is just and indistinct blob by the time it starts to get low enough to fall behind the city skyline.  So yesterday I just happened to be stick in traffic on a very long street and the windstorm yesterday morning blew out all of the pollution so I got a rare glimpse of the sun setting on the horizon. 

• Like 13

Level 2 Ninja

6 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

Here for all the stories

Great to have you along

---------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's story is about D&D

I have been invited to participate in the long running NF Ranger D&D group when they recently started up a new campaign.  As I mentioned last week, my character, the intellectually impaired barbarian Hammarfist, passed away after getting attacked by a sentient scarecrow.  For this week's session, I decided to play an unconventional character and went with a 100% pacifist druid and her bodyguard sidekick.  The idea is that the druid can be a support character to the group by adding buffs/debuffs and healing and the bodyguard would make up for her not being able to contribute to combat.  I think it may be tricky to pull off and may require some adjustments on the part of the DM and me to keep things balanced but I am looking forward to it.  So in the session yesterday, we spent a lot of time and money getting our pub off the ground (including a display of Hammarfist's corpse which has been taxidermized :D ) and then as we were out wandering around one evening we were attacked by a bunch of thugs.  In the first 2 rounds, my druid was dropped to zero HP and her sidekick was down to only 2 HP.  I had a bad feeling that I was going to have to end up rolling a new set of characters but things turned around when the druid rolled a nat20 on her death save and was able to hand out some needed healing to the sidekick.  We eventually survived the fight so my duo gets to live on and aventure another day :) 

• Like 10

Level 2 Ninja

On 3/25/2023 at 7:42 AM, shaar said:

I mean if you play them side by side it KINDA MATCHES UP and could work???? 🤣

This did make the circle dance make so much more sense!  

On 3/26/2023 at 1:30 AM, WhiteGhost said:

They definitely were NOT playing that music, but they absolutely SHOULD have!

This makes way too much sense not to be correct :D 

---------------------------------------------

Yesterday evening our church had a conference that I attended and traffic on the way there was terrible.  However, it did lead me to seeing two things I have not seen for a very long time and so my story is going to be talking about those 2 things.

The first thing I saw was a blue Ford F150 pickup truck.  The color nor specific model of the truck were the relevant parts of that.  I just have not seen a pickup truck here for probably more than a decade.  The reason for that is because pickup trucks are illegal here.  They were outlawed shortly before I arrived here because they were being used to steal bicycles.  Bike racks are not really a thing here, so people would just park their bike and  put a chain through the wheel.  That made it very difficult to ride or push away, but the thieves would cruise around town looking for valuable bikes and then just toss them in the back ad drive off, dealing with the pesky locks at their lair or wherever they did those things.  Given this was back in the days when bikes were actually valuable before the entire county got literally flooded with rental bikes

Reveal hidden contents

A bicycle graveyard in Wuhan in 2018. Photo: Wu GuoyongNumerous abandoned public shared bikes in WuhanDamaged or abandoned low-cost shared bikes in China often end up in 'graveyards' like this oneA crane unloads shared bikes from trucks in Xiamenbicycle graveyard.

That was quite interesting.  And I had to go off and Google the rental bike surplus.  Also interesting!  

How is your stash of eggs doing?

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

17 hours ago, Shello said:

How is your stash of eggs doing?

Yesterday I decided to have scrambled eggs on toast for lunch, but instead of using 3 chicken eggs like usual, I decided to use 1 goose egg instead, because they looked pretty equivalent.  I can tell you, they are not.  One goose egg is probably the equivalent volume of about 5 eggs, so my toast ended up being very egg heavy

-----------------------------------------

Yesterday story is a sad one.  On Sunday night, Ghostlet noticed a big rash on her front let that was all red and nasty and all of the fur was gone.  We were unsure what might be causing it so first thing Monday I took Wraith to the vet to get her checked out.  It turns out that she has a ringworm fungal infection.  Luckily we caught it before it has become very severe, but still the doctor says it could take 2 months or more to clear up.  We have some medicine to spray on her leg to help, because it is dangerous to ingest she has to wear a protective collar cone the whole time.  To make matters even worse for her, this is very contagious so she has to be kept apart from the other cats.  Luckily we already had a set up for this when Phantom had to be kept away from Wraith.  Now the tables have turned and Wraith is the one locked in the spare room, and Phantom, who no longer recognizes ger with the cone on, comes over regularly to hiss at her.

We then spent the rest of the day disinfecting the house (something we got very good at during covid) and changing all the linens that Wraith had slept on recently

• Sad 13

Level 2 Ninja

Poor Wraith. A little part of me is smiling that the tables have turned and Phantom is the free one. But I hate it when fur babies are unwell. Though I will admit to laughing at Frodo when he needed to wear a cone so he wouldn't lick his stitches. He was only a kitten and had NO IDEA what the heck was on his head. He apparently forgot how to walk forwards and just kept backing up all the time. Including directly into the other cat, Rufus. Hissing on Rufus's part (he did not like Frodo at all for like a year or two) was apparently not enough to stop him fully backing his butt into Rufus's face and both cats were very confused and went their separate ways pretty quick after that! 

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Oh poor Wraith.  That could be a very long time with a cone.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Poor Wraith. A little part of me is smiling that the tables have turned and Phantom is the free one. But I hate it when fur babies are unwell. Though I will admit to laughing at Frodo when he needed to wear a cone so he wouldn't lick his stitches. He was only a kitten and had NO IDEA what the heck was on his head. He apparently forgot how to walk forwards and just kept backing up all the time. Including directly into the other cat, Rufus. Hissing on Rufus's part (he did not like Frodo at all for like a year or two) was apparently not enough to stop him fully backing his butt into Rufus's face and both cats were very confused and went their separate ways pretty quick after that! 

Haha, yes, there is definitely some karma going on there.  Hopefully this will humble her a little

11 hours ago, Shello said:

Oh poor Wraith.  That could be a very long time with a cone.  

Yes, the poor thing.  She has come to accept it, but it interferes with her eating so she hasn't been eating well.  I hope she adjusts soon

----------------------------

Yesterday I had to go to church again, this time because the building we rent for church was replacing all the windows that broke during the winter.  We rent a floor in a large office building and a few years ago the building replaced all of the windows.  Given it is a 30+ story building and completely covered in glass it meant a lot of windows.  In order to save cost, they went with the low cost bidder and I think we all know how that turns out.  Every year when the temperature turns cold, the temp differential between the interior and exterior causes a number of windows to shatter.  Every year for the last 4 years we have had anywhere between 3-6 windows shatter.  It isn't usually dangerous because the glass is tempered and double paned, but it is annoying.  This means that every spring when the weather gets sufficiently warm they go through and replace all of the broken windows.  Yesterday was the day for our floor so I had to go in and unlock our space for the workers to come in.  It took them all morning and well into the afternoon to get it all done, so I didn't get home until almost 4pm.  

I then spent the rest of the day making sweets (cookies and pie)  because all of us (Ghostess, Ghostlet, and I) have all been hankering for some.

• Like 13

Level 2 Ninja

I then spent the rest of the day making sweets (cookies and pie)  because all of us (Ghostess, Ghostlet, and I) have all been hankering for some.

A nice consolation prize for spending the day at the office.    What kind of pie did you make?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

In order to save cost, they went with the low cost bidder and I think we all know how that turns out.

Sounds like it's costing more TBH

I hope the furbaby recovers quickly.

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

1 minute ago, RES said:

Yeah, but it didn't cost more right then and there. It's not the project manager's fault actions have consequences. 

• Haha 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Aww, poor Wraith! Hope she feels better soon. 

Thanks, I hope so too

10 hours ago, Shello said:

A nice consolation prize for spending the day at the office.    What kind of pie did you make?  

Pumpkin pie, the best kind of pie  :)   The cookies were oatmeal butterscotch chocolate chip

9 hours ago, RES said:

It does sound that way, although I am pretty sure their insurance policy covers this

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yeah, but it didn't cost more right then and there. It's not the project manager's fault actions have consequences. 

Exactly, who could have ever predicted the future, right? :D 

----------------------------

Yesterday I have 2 stories

First up is about Ghostlet.  A month or so ago, a classmate showed up at school with a football.  It isn't really clear why he had a football because he didn't know anything about the game, but apparently he had been watching NFL games somehow and decided he wanted one.  So the kids shows up at school and Ghostlet sees it.  Ghostlet not only knows about football, he used to play a league kids team when he was in elementary school, and was very good at it (So good a bunch of other parents petitioned to have him kicked out because the kids on the other teams weren't having fun getting beaten by scores of 50-0 or higher all the time :D )  Anyway, Ghostlet roped in his best friend and he started teaching them basic drills and plays.  Over the course of a few weeks, other kids started watching their practice and a few of them joined in.  Then yesterday a whole group of kids who had been watching them practice decided they also wanted in and now he he has himself an entire team and is coaching them.  

Second story is about pet grooming products.  With Wraith having this case of ringworm, Ghostess decided to buy a bunch of stuff to take care of her.  She was worried that the cone was interfering with her eating (it was) so she bought a neck pillow type thing that solves the same problem but is less obstructive for normal activities

7l51a4X.jpg 

Unfortunately, she was able to figure out how to take it off herself, so she had to go back to the cone :( 

She also got some other cool stuff, like nail clippers that have a built in light and collection pocket for the clippings, a shaver for clearing out the hair around the infection, a hand vac/hair brush that both combs hair and collects the stuff that normally goes flying, and also a new cat drier, because the old one didn't work very well.  The doctor said we need to bathe Wraith regularly so having a working dryer was important.  However, Wraith is difficult to bathe so we decided to use Lich as the guinea pig and gave him a bath first.  He was surprisingly ok with being bathed but he really didn't like the dryer

aKzEUg0.jpg

IN preparation for giving Wraith her bath, we trimmed her nails, but accidentally clipped one too short and it was bleeding a little.  Ghostess decided it wasn't a good idea to bathe her with that would but we had the bath all ready so we gave phantom a bath instead.  Phantom was the opposite of Lich - he objected to the bath but kind of enjoyed hanging out in the dryer

SdA6fGs.jpg

• Like 14

Level 2 Ninja

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Unfortunately, she was able to figure out how to take it off herself, so she had to go back to the cone :( 

There's a particular size of baby shirt that fits cats well, and some people use them instead of cones. (I forget if it's 3-6 months or 6-9 months.) A long sleeve one might protect her infected bits, depending on exact location.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Second story is about pet grooming products.  With Wraith having this case of ringworm, Ghostess decided to buy a bunch of stuff to take care of her.  She was worried that the cone was interfering with her eating (it was) so she bought a neck pillow type thing that solves the same problem but is less obstructive for normal activities

When our Happy Sidekick (a black labrador) had knee surgery, the vet clinic sent us home with a cone that was made of stiff fabric. It was very easy to fold the "back part" back over her shoulders, and let the front hang over her front legs, and it still effectively stopped her from reaching her stiches. Granted, those were on her back leg, not on a front leg, but the notion of something flexible that stops the pet from reaching where we don't want them to lick or pick , seems like its transferable with some creativity.

• Like 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

7l51a4X.jpg 

She also got some other cool stuff, like nail clippers that have a built in light and collection pocket for the clippings, a shaver for clearing out the hair around the infection, a hand vac/hair brush that both combs hair and collects the stuff that normally goes flying, and also a new cat drier, because the old one didn't work very well.  The doctor said we need to bathe Wraith regularly so having a working dryer was important.  However, Wraith is difficult to bathe so we decided to use Lich as the guinea pig and gave him a bath first.  He was surprisingly ok with being bathed but he really didn't like the dryer

aKzEUg0.jpg

IN preparation for giving Wraith her bath, we trimmed her nails, but accidentally clipped one too short and it was bleeding a little.  Ghostess decided it wasn't a good idea to bathe her with that would but we had the bath all ready so we gave phantom a bath instead.  Phantom was the opposite of Lich - he objected to the bath but kind of enjoyed hanging out in the dryer

SdA6fGs.jpg

Cuties! I mean, cool news about Ghostlet too! 

Btw, how do you cut your cat's nails? We pay the vet to do ours because they put up so much of a fight. But I'd like to be able to, because Frodo keeps getting himself stuck by using his nails as grappling hooks

• Like 1

Spoiler

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Over the course of a few weeks, other kids started watching their practice and a few of them joined in.  Then yesterday a whole group of kids who had been watching them practice decided they also wanted in and now he he has himself an entire team and is coaching them.  

Hahaha this is SO COOL!  Football team coach goooo~

That cat dryer also looks AMAZING!!  Poor Lich definitely looks like he's plotting his revenge tho...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

There's a particular size of baby shirt that fits cats well, and some people use them instead of cones. (I forget if it's 3-6 months or 6-9 months.) A long sleeve one might protect her infected bits, depending on exact location.

I've heard this too...the neck pillow is cute though, is there a way to attach it more securely? 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda