Adult ballet

Guest Gemeaux

Guest Gemeaux

I never did the dancing thing as a little girl , but I have always wanted to do ballet .

I found a place here that does lessons just for big girls ! I'm going to go to my first class after buying some shoes ( can do it without the shoes , but why would I ? )

So had anyone else done ballet as a grown up for the first time ?

i did the ballet/jazz/tap thing as a kid/teen but really want to get back into dance again. i'd like to try ballet again. the thing for me was, when i was a teenager, i felt outta place because, although i wasn't awful, i didn't have the tall/skinny dancers body like so many girls in my classes. it would be really nice to find a place to take classes where women who look like women go.

As a ballerina, I would LOVE to take classes again but I would opt for contemporary dance because I simply do not want to torture my HIPS with turn out again...I hope you have a wonderful time. I still have a ballet barre in my basement a few pairs of slippers and pointe shoes laying around though, I would NEVER try and dance on the pointe shoes again--ugh the pain~! Ballet, lyrical dance, contemporary dance--modern, all so wonderful! Enjoy!

p.s. when i win the lottery I am gonna build myself a ballet/yoga studio with a marley floor and private lessons for all my friends! :)

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

The first week my 4 year old went to baby ballet she refused to join in ... Unless I held her hand and took part. So sort of yes and the psychological scars of all involved are healing up nicely. All my kids (including the boy) do ballet and I think it's pretty good exercise ... I'm not sold on the pointe stuff though

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

sounds fun. I'll be interested to see how it goes. I've recently become interested in dance particularly ballet but haven't gotten around to taking any classes. I think it would be fun but also incredibly awkward when starting out.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.