Artemis Prime's Book of Spells

On 3/24/2023 at 12:23 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

I have never played Taco, Cat, Goat, Cheese, Pizza. I've always wanted to though. Yay for board games! 

On 3/25/2023 at 9:07 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I love this game! 

It's a fun game. My only quibble with it is that the verbal component makes it impossible to carry on a conversation during play. I find Left Right Center to be the ideal group game because as many people as want to can play, it moves pretty quick, but it doesn't take much cognitive effort so it's easy to chat while playing.

On 3/24/2023 at 12:23 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

McGonagall is amazing. Maggie Smith is amazing.

On 3/25/2023 at 6:02 PM, sylph said:

This should be everyone's goal.

On 3/26/2023 at 8:11 AM, Sepherina said:

I second this one. 

Truth.

38 minutes ago, WolfDreamer said:

A kitten goes to a gathering of cats and hears an older, wiser cat (called the Prophet) speak about a dream she had in which the Cat of Dreams appears to her and tells her of an earlier world in which giant cats ruled over much smaller humans, and even domesticated them and hunted them for sport. Then thousands of the humans gather and collectively dream of a world in which humans rule and cats are pets. This collective dream is so powerful that it comes true. So the final premise of the comic is that all of the gathered cats hope to dream of a return to the world in which cats rule over humans.

80df043c-24b6-4cb3-93c8-45e776b210b4-0h7

This is...surprisingly chilling. I'm going to have to start waking my cat up every time I find her sleeping just to make sure she is not contributing to the subjugation of humans. Although, considering how much I do to try and make her as comfortable as possible, I'm not convinced we aren't already living in that world.

• Like 3

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

2 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

This is...surprisingly chilling.

Right?! In one of the last panels of the comic, the kitten's owners see her sleeping and one of them says, "It looks like she's chasing something." Uhh... yeah... you!

3 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

Although, considering how much I do to try and make her as comfortable as possible, I'm not convinced we aren't already living in that world.

cat-ayasan.gif

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Week One, here we go!

The weekend was a bit bumpy. Friday evening my dog tangled with a porcupine. She didn't have a ton of quills, but she had them inside her mouth, so we took her to the emergency vet who knocked her out to remove them and then kept her overnight. Picked her up Saturday morning, and she was very much not over the anesthesia. Shortly after getting her back home, I left again to meet with my pastor's wife and start planning our fall women's retreat. And I agreed to be the speaker for the event. I am so excited for this, guys, because I freaking love public speaking and haven't gotten to do any of it for a while. But I've also got the old imposter syndrome rearing its head already, and assume that I will have to spend the next 6 months battling that. But for now I'm choosing to focus on the fact that I am super pumped about this and I spent a good chunk of the weekend jotting down ideas for it. Sunday was gorgeous, though, so I did some yard clean up and then got the fascia board up on my barn. 

20230326_171719.thumb.jpg.b606e1a2ef34635bd2422e875f550603.jpg

So that wraps up zero week, and I'm ready to tackle week one. The pup seems back to 100%, I'm all moisturized after doing my skincare routine last night, and we are locked and loaded.

Today - bed is made, notebook is in my bag for lunchtime writing, and I rolled a 6 on my cleaning die. Also planning to do a workout tonight. The next barn step is to put the roof sheathing on the lean-to, but that would be a lot in one week with cooperative weather, and judging by the forecast, that is not going to be the case. So I will work on it when I can and the goal for the week will be to figure out exactly what I'm doing with my exterior trim, because I can do that whether it rains or not.

• Like 5

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

Glad pup is better.

How exciting that you are speaking at the women's conference. I heard something that I thought as helpful about imposter syndrome: Part of it comes when you think you have to present yourself as someone who is perfect in the subject, but that is a false notion. You don't have to be perfect or have all the answers (because that's just arrogance ) 

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Yowch! Poor doggo. I'm glad the pup is doing better though. 

The women's conference sounds fun! I hope you enjoy speaking there. You totally got this! 

Good start to the week with your goals! Keep it going! 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 272 lbs

Current Challenge: Legend of RhiaWolfe: Tears of the Food Cravings

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Continued intent to follow along. :)

You always got such good plans and goals.

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

The barn looks amazing.  I wish I had skills like that…but since I don’t if you don’t mind,can I live vicariously through your pictures?

• Like 2

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

23 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Sorry for the puppers, but glad the recovery is going well. :)

23 hours ago, Salinger said:

oh no poor pup!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Glad pup is better.

17 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Yowch! Poor doggo. I'm glad the pup is doing better though. 

Thanks, guys, I shall pass along the well wishes :) I am pretty impressed with her bounce back. I expected there to be more difficulty eating for a few days or something, but other than cramming antibiotics in her for another week, we are back to pre-quill status.

23 hours ago, Salinger said:

The barn is incredible xx

2 hours ago, Sepherina said:

The barn looks amazing.  I wish I had skills like that…but since I don’t if you don’t mind,can I live vicariously through your pictures?

Thank you, I'm pretty proud of how it's coming along. Feel free to poke me if I forget to post pictures for a while. I want to have pictures of the whole process, but I'm not always great at remembering to take them.

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

How exciting that you are speaking at the women's conference. I heard something that I thought as helpful about imposter syndrome: Part of it comes when you think you have to present yourself as someone who is perfect in the subject, but that is a false notion. You don't have to be perfect or have all the answers (because that's just arrogance ) 

17 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

The women's conference sounds fun! I hope you enjoy speaking there. You totally got this! 

I am looking forward to it! Thanks for that bit on imposter syndrome, EG, it's good stuff.

16 hours ago, starpuck said:

Continued intent to follow along. :)

You always got such good plans and goals.

Puck! Always happy to have you here. If only my follow-through was as strong as my theming.

• Like 2

Happy Tuesday, all! A very strong day one to this challenge. Bed was made, wrote on my lunch break (it flowed along very well for 20 minutes and I know where I'm going with today's 20 minutes too) didn't really feel like working out when I got home, but did it anyways and felt better for it after. Got 4 chin ups on my AMAP set, then did rows with 19lb dumbbells, which turned out to be too light (excuse me while I flex) and deadlifts felt good too. I'm at the point where I feel better if I work up to full weight instead of throwing it all on there at once, and my warm up set with just the bar felt like a warm up set, which makes me happy. I did 5 reps of 45, 5 of 65, 4 of 75 and 3 of 80. I think I liked that tapered approach and will keep going with it for now. That was a lot of grip work, so if grip failure becomes the limiting factor I'll switch rows to squat days and do OHP with deadlifts, but for now it seems to be working. Did my 6 minutes of cleaning, which was enough to get my desk chair cleared off and some laundry put away and then did all my skin care stuff before bed. 

Week One Scores:

Bladesinging: 1/2

Spell Book: 1/5

Prestidigitation: 1/7

Shape Water: 1/7

Misty Step: 0/3

Private Sanctum: 6/6

MMM: Nothing yet.

For today, bed is made this morning. I rolled a 15 on the cleaning die, which shouldn't be an issue to get done. Notebook is in my bag. Not supposed to rain this afternoon, so I'm going to try to get at least the first run of roof decking on. If I have a bit of down time at work today, I'll take a look some lumber suppliers to start thinking about trim options. And it should be a cardio day, so I'm also going to plan on 10 minutes of jump rope.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 4

7 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

If only my follow-through was as strong as my theming.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9524zdwct9ax8oii2sy7k7

• Like 2

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

7 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Happy Tuesday, all! A very strong day one to this challenge. Bed was made, wrote on my lunch break (it flowed along very well for 20 minutes and I know where I'm going with today's 20 minutes too) didn't really feel like working out when I got home, but did it anyways and felt better for it after. Got 4 chin ups on my AMAP set, then did rows with 19lb dumbbells, which turned out to be too light (excuse me while I flex) and deadlifts felt good too. I'm at the point where I feel better if I work up to full weight instead of throwing it all on there at once, and my warm up set with just the bar felt like a warm up set, which makes me happy. I did 5 reps of 45, 5 of 65, 4 of 75 and 3 of 80. I think I liked that tapered approach and will keep going with it for now. That was a lot of grip work, so if grip failure becomes the limiting factor I'll switch rows to squat days and do OHP with deadlifts, but for now it seems to be working. Did my 6 minutes of cleaning, which was enough to get my desk chair cleared off and some laundry put away and then did all my skin care stuff before bed. 

Week One Scores:

Spell Book: 1/5

Prestidigitation: 1/7

Shape Water: 1/7

Misty Step: 0/3

Private Sanctum: 6/6

MMM: Nothing yet.

For today, bed is made this morning. I rolled a 15 on the cleaning die, which shouldn't be an issue to get done. Notebook is in my bag. Not supposed to rain this afternoon, so I'm going to try to get at least the first run of roof decking on. If I have a bit of down time at work today, I'll take a look some lumber suppliers to start thinking about trim options. And it should be a cardio day, so I'm also going to plan on 10 minutes of jump rope.

Great start to the week! Woot!

• Thanks 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 272 lbs

Current Challenge: Legend of RhiaWolfe: Tears of the Food Cravings

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Day two report! Bed made, wrote on my lunch break, and it's still flowing pretty well. I had left this so long because I wasn't really sure where I was going next, but turns out if I just sit down and start writing, words come out. Words that will need lots of editing later, but that is not this challenge's concern. It was chillier than expected when I got home, so I didn't work on my barn and didn't really feel like cardio either. I convinced myself that I didn't have to do both, but did need to pick one, so I did 10 minutes of jump rope. I thought my first session would be a lot of tripping over the rope, but I was really pleased with how smoothly I picked it back up again. Heart rate was really pounding by the end, calves were feeling it too but no soreness today, so I think I hit the sweet spot. Did not get my cleaning done, mostly because I'm trying to finish my library book that's due today. But I did my moisturizing! 

23 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Week One Scores:

Spell Book: 2/5

Prestidigitation: 2/7

Shape Water: 2/7

Misty Step: 1/3

Private Sanctum: 6/21

MMM: Decided what I want to use for my trim. Now just need to calculate how much to order.

For today, bed is made this morning. Have to run to the grocery store on my lunch break, and if I have extra time I'll spend it working on the library book, so no writing then. Having dinner with my sister tonight, but should have time between work and then to get at least writing or cleaning (rolled a 5 today) done, and possibly both. Although I might do some trim calculations instead, so we'll see. On track for lifting and cardio, so I'm taking a rest day today.

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1

31 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

wrote on my lunch break, and it's still flowing pretty well. I had left this so long because I wasn't really sure where I was going next, but turns out if I just sit down and start writing, words come out. Words that will need lots of editing later, but that is not this challenge's concern. 

Perfect! Good work getting words out! So true that editing and fine-tuning them is another day's work. 😃

Also, good job doing successful jump-roping! 🏆

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

Finding the sweet spot on jump rope is no freaking joke.   I've wrecked whole weeks by not getting that right!

Nice lol!

• Like 2

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, starpuck said:

Finding the sweet spot on jump rope is no freaking joke.   I've wrecked whole weeks by not getting that right!

Nice lol!

Me with jumping jacks. 😅

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

22 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I convinced myself that I didn't have to do both, but did need to pick one, so I did 10 minutes of jump rope. I thought my first session would be a lot of tripping over the rope, but I was really pleased with how smoothly I picked it back up again. Heart rate was really pounding by the end, calves were feeling it too but no soreness today, so I think I hit the sweet spot.

That is awesome and great job!

*Me trying to jump rope or do anything that requires rhythm….*

chris farley falling GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Thanks all, jumping rope really isn't as easy as all those elementary kids make it look. It's all about finding your rhythm.

Dog Band GIF

Yesterday was not as productive as I had hoped. Work was super busy (finally! Yay!) but that means I didn't get to sneak any reading time in during work hours. So the time I meant to spend writing or cleaning ended up being reading time. But I did finish the book and I WAS RIGHT about who did it! My sister made delicious chicken parm for dinner and we watched Abbot Elementary, which I recommend to anyone looking for a comedy show. So  no challenge stuff done for most of the day, but I made my bed and did my skincare, so at least I bookended my day successfully.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:38 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Week One Scores:

Spell Book: 2/5

Prestidigitation: 3/7

Shape Water: 3/7

Private Sanctum: 6/26

MMM: Nothing

Today, bed is made. Having our Easter dinner in the office today, so no writing on my lunch break. Supposed to be sunny but cold all day, so not planning to do barn work tonight. I do want to stop and buy feed on my way home, though. So if I do 20 minutes of writing, 20 minutes of cleaning (rolled a 12 today) 10 minutes of cardio, and 10 minutes of trim calculations, I'll be almost all caught up except for my new cleaning minutes and that only adds up to an hour total.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

I bookended my day successfully.

I love that you framed your day like this!

Awesome!!!

• Thanks 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

I saw a video on e where a woman addressed imposter syndrome and said “look the systemic biases that have contributed to delivering messages that serve the oppressive system. Racism, sexism, ageism etc…those can all be found not just within us as individuals or families but deep within our society. that often imposter syndrome is just reflection of that systemic issue because you are challenging it by moving forward, stepping up and out. I think that also ties back to the perfectionism @Elastigirlwas talking about because if you’re going against a system, you want to not have any cracks in your armor right? 

you got this 💚

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday, y'all! (or yinz to stay true to my roots)

The plan changed for yesterday. It was much nicer than they were predicting, so I did some barn work when I got home. Technically still had time to do everything else, but all I did was write. I'm okay with that, but it does mean that I have to do some catching up over the weekend. Fell asleep on the couch until the middle of the night, but did do my skincare before moving to bed, so that's a win.

23 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Week One Scores:

Spell Book: 3/5

Prestidigitation: 4/7

Shape Water: 4/7

Private Sanctum: 6/38

MMM: Put some bracing up and started the first run on the roof deck.

For today, going to a viewing tonight for a co-worker's husband, and Stations of the Cross at lunch time. So going to get home a bit later and going to prioritize cleaning, which means writing may not get done today. If I don't do cardio, I'll have to do back to back days over the weekend or just come up a bit short this week, but we'll see how it goes. Bed is made this morning, though, so that's something.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2