Artemis Prime's Book of Spells

Friday:

Made my bed in the morning. Went to the viewing after work with a good chunk of the office, and then after that some of us stopped at a nearby bar for a drink. And we literally had A (1) drink and then we all went home. I'm really happy to have a group that sticks to limits like this. All in all, I'm really happy with my decision to stay in this office, things seem to have worked out workload wise, and it really is a fantastic group of people. Also, the D&A supervisor told me Friday that she is retiring in June, and they aren't planning to fill her position. I have wondered why D&A has a director and a supervisor, when every other department just has a director. So, she's a nice lady and I'm sure she'll be missed around the office, but that's more good news to me because the reason I was so often scrambling for things to do is because she is incapable of delegating. With her position eliminated, a lot of the administrative stuff will automatically fall to me (who should have been doing it all along) because there won't be anyone else to do it. But anyways, back to the challenge - got home in time to do some cleaning or writing or whatever, but I didn't. Lounged around, did my skincare, went to bed.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:55 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Week One Scores:

Bladesinging: 1/2

Spell Book: 3/5

Prestidigitation: 5/7

Shape Water: 5/7

Misty Step: 1/3

Private Sanctum: 6/47

MMM: Nothing

Saturday:

Had a busy day. Made my bed, then went to church for a parish clean up day followed by Bible study. Had to run straight to my hay guy to pick up a round bale, and got home just after 1. Unloaded the hay, did 10 minutes of cleaning, then took a nap until my sister got there and we spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen. Baked a cake for our niece's birthday party, and made crab legs for dinner. Had a couple moments of trepidation when the electric flickered while the cake was in the oven, but everything worked out. Oddly enough, we lose our power all the time, but in the past week we've had some pretty severe storms that have knocked power out for people all over the place, but ours has stayed on. Weird.

Anyways, by the time dinner was done and the kitchen was cleaned up, I was wiped. Did some reading, fell asleep, did not do my skincare. To be fair, I never put makeup on, so there wasn't any to take off, but still meant to wash and moisturize.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:55 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Week One Scores:

Prestidigitation: 6/7

Shape Water: 5/7

Private Sanctum: 16/58

MMM: Put some bracing up and started the first run on the roof deck.

For today, bed is made and going to head off to church as soon as I post this. Probably going to skip Sunday school after so I have time to go pick up some feed on my way home. Sun is shining and I'd really like to get some barn work done, but everyone is coming over for my niece's birthday and I probably won't have time. Instead, planning to use the window between church and party time to get some cleaning done. Everyone else is probably going to leave pretty early, but not sure what my sister is going to do. Hoping to fit a writing session in, possibly a lifting session as well, and maybe even some more cleaning time.

• Like 4

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

47 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

Saturday:

Had a busy day. Made my bed, then went to church for a parish clean up day followed by Bible study. Had to run straight to my hay guy to pick up a round bale, and got home just after 1. Unloaded the hay, did 10 minutes of cleaning, then took a nap until my sister got there and we spent the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen. Baked a cake for our niece's birthday party, and made crab legs for dinner. Had a couple moments of trepidation when the electric flickered while the cake was in the oven, but everything worked out. Oddly enough, we lose our power all the time, but in the past week we've had some pretty severe storms that have knocked power out for people all over the place, but ours has stayed on. Weird.

Our power stayed mostly on as well the last few storms/heavy winds.  And winds lately have been crazy nuts.  Maybe the power company managed to get your lines secured well after fixing them so frequently.

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

On 4/2/2023 at 9:41 AM, Sepherina said:

Our power stayed mostly on as well the last few storms/heavy winds.  And winds lately have been crazy nuts.  Maybe the power company managed to get your lines secured well after fixing them so frequently.

Possibly? It's just such an odd experience for us to be one of the only ones with power. On the flip side, our furnace conked out over the weekend, so guess you can't have everything.

Sunday:

Made my bed in the morning, had an excellent Palm Sunday service at church, got 15 minutes of cleaning done before my sister showed up and we switched to cake duty, then after everyone left I got some barn building done and did my skincare before bed.

Final Week One Run Down:

So much for "reliably get a workout done on the weekend" But I'm willing to be flexible because it was an extra busy weekend.

Again, lots of extra stuff going on that took up my lunch break writing time, but this week is looking calmer, so not going to fuss about a slow start to the challenge.

Prestidigitation: 7/7

Really thought this habit would come back easily, and it starts my day off on the right track.

Shape Water: 6/7

Only one missed day, not bad at all!

Like with Bladesinging, willing to be flexible with a busy schedule. And with the weather cooperating, I'm willing to forgo some workouts (lifting or cardio) if it means I get barn stuff done. After all, I only have so many spell slots, and it's always smart to keep one available for the Mansion if your party's looking rough after a fight and needs a safe place.

Private Sanctum: 31/58

Not great here, but progress was made. Going to try to prioritize this more this week.

MMM: Got some bracing done and have the first run of roof deck on.
I did not get my trim all figured out, so I cheated and ordered the router and bit I need for my siding, which was supposed to be this week's goal, and now I can claim I hit a goal and make figuring out the trim week 2's task.

For today: Bed is made, notebook is in my bag, and it's supposed to be beautiful today, so going to plan to work on the roof some more when I get home.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

I've fallen behind. Sadly, I don't have the time to catch up... but I'm back now and lending my support! 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 272 lbs

Current Challenge: Legend of RhiaWolfe: Tears of the Food Cravings

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

Like with Bladesinging, willing to be flexible with a busy schedule. And with the weather cooperating, I'm willing to forgo some workouts (lifting or cardio) if it means I get barn stuff done. After all, I only have so many spell slots, and it's always smart to keep one available for the Mansion if your party's looking rough after a fight and needs a safe place.

Sounds like a wise choice!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

MMM: Got some bracing done and have the first run of roof deck on.
I did not get my trim all figured out, so I cheated and ordered the router and bit I need for my siding, which was supposed to be this week's goal, and now I can claim I hit a goal and make figuring out the trim week 2's task.

That's a good way to use the spell slot with a change of plans still making the spell useful for your situation. Hope you have an easier time with the trim over the course of next week. :)

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

20 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Possibly? It's just such an odd experience for us to be one of the only ones with power. On the flip side, our furnace conked out over the weekend, so guess you can't have everything.

Oh no! I wish for warm weather just so you have time and space to get it fixed. (And no more cold and snow).

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

22 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I've fallen behind. Sadly, I don't have the time to catch up... but I'm back now and lending my support! 

Welcome back! You haven't missed much, truly.

21 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sounds like a wise choice!

I am slowly coming to accept that I cannot do ALL THE THINGS because time and energy are, in fact, finite. I'll probably still grumble about it now and then though.

20 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

That's a good way to use the spell slot with a change of plans still making the spell useful for your situation. Hope you have an easier time with the trim over the course of next week. :)

I must admit...it's not that the trim is giving me trouble, it's that I haven't dug my schematics out of the mountain of papers on my desk to even start working on it.

20 hours ago, Salinger said:

Nice one AP.... you are doing brill :D xx

Thanks, Sal!

2 hours ago, Sepherina said:

Oh no! I wish for warm weather just so you have time and space to get it fixed. (And no more cold and snow).

We're doing okay, thanks. Have a wood stove if it gets too chilly, and it looks like the furnace just needs a bit of cleaning and some new electrodes. But we can still be done with the cold and snow, I've had enough of that.

• Like 3

Week Two is here! Had a decent start to it - made my bed, wrote on my lunch break, got some barn work done, and did my skin care. No cleaning or exercising, but there's still time to catch up.

On 4/2/2023 at 8:52 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Week Two Scores:

Bladesinging: 0/2

Spell Book: 1/5

Prestidigitation: 1/7

Shape Water: 1/7

Misty Step: 0/3

Private Sanctum: 0/5

MMM: Now have 2 rows of roof deck done.

For today, bed is made and notebook is in my bag. Leaving work a bit early because I'm having dinner with a friend and need that bit of extra time to get home and get my chores done first. I'm planning to do a bit of cleaning in there too, but honestly it is a beautiful day and I might just spend it outside. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:
21 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

I must admit...it's not that the trim is giving me trouble, it's that I haven't dug my schematics out of the mountain of papers on my desk to even start working on it.

My sentiment still stands. 😅

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

I cannot do ALL THE THINGS because time and energy are, in fact, finite. I'll probably still grumble about it now and then though.

Yes, well it's in our Ranger blood to at least want to do all the things,!

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hey girl, decent roll on Week 1.   Above 50% on just about everything.  But I am bad at math, so if it seemed worse than how I read it, eeeeh, NAH YOU DID GREAT!

Rangers can do it all.  We'll just gripe about being tired and not excellent at every thing we've done. ;)

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

19 hours ago, starpuck said:

Hey girl, decent roll on Week 1.   Above 50% on just about everything.  But I am bad at math, so if it seemed worse than how I read it, eeeeh, NAH YOU DID GREAT!

This is true, even the things I thought I didn't do great on, I at least batted .500 (except for running). If I was a baseball player, I'd be doing great, just maybe not the best base runner.

19 hours ago, starpuck said:

Rangers can do it all.  We'll just gripe about being tired and not excellent at every thing we've done. ;)

Painfully accurate. 😆

Yesterday, dinner was fantastic. The food was delicious (and I got leftovers for lunch!) the company was great, conversation flowed nonstop for like 3 hours. They are new friends and I am so happy we found each other. Before I went over, I had a block of time that I decided to use just sitting on the porch because it was a beautiful afternoon and it's worth just taking some time to enjoy that. Means I didn't get cleaning or exercise done, but I've been rolling low on my cleaning die, so it shouldn't be hard to catch up. And my lifting always goes down over the summer, which I've accepted as just part of a seasonal lifestyle. Our upstairs sink is out of commission at the moment, so I didn't get my skincare done. Could I have carried my stuff downstairs and done it there? Yes. Did I? Nope. But I made my bed and did my writing.

23 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Week Two Scores:

Spell Book: 2/5

Prestidigitation: 2/7

Shape Water: 1/7

Private Sanctum: 0/6

MMM: Nothing really, although the router bit I ordered last week showed up today.

For today, bed is made, notebook is in the bag. Really nice now, so might get barn stuff done after work, but also a chance of storms coming in which means I can focus on cleaning and lifting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Yesterday, dinner was fantastic. The food was delicious (and I got leftovers for lunch!) the company was great, conversation flowed nonstop for like 3 hours. They are new friends and I am so happy we found each other. Before I went over, I had a block of time that I decided to use just sitting on the porch because it was a beautiful afternoon and it's worth just taking some time to enjoy that.

This is 100% a perfect day in my eyes. Spending time with friends and enjoying an opportunity to appreciate nature are both good reasons to slow down and enjoy life.

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

19 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

This is 100% a perfect day in my eyes. Spending time with friends and enjoying an opportunity to appreciate nature are both good reasons to slow down and enjoy life.

It was a pretty perfect day, and partially inspired by your thread, actually. I so often let my challenge goals become such a focus for me, and in particular this barn project has taken up such a huge chunk of my time for the past 1.5 years, that I forget to just enjoy the moment. Present Me does want a clean room and a new barn and all the other stuff I'm working towards, but Present Me is also allowed to just take some time to relax and have a good evening without checking things off the to-do list.

Yesterday was a ridiculously productive day on the barn front. Also on the work front, as we hammered out the bulk of our grant application budget, but after 4 hours in a conference room crunching numbers, my mind was complete mush and I did not write on my lunch break. Bed was made though, and after I got home my dad and I got three new rows of roof decking done, plus I dug out my graph paper and figured out how much trim I need and submitted a request for a quote from my lumber guy. Then after dinner my mom and I watched Ever After (one of our all-time favorite movies that we never get tired of watching) and I did my skincare and went to bed.

On 4/5/2023 at 8:52 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Week Two Scores:

Prestidigitation: 3/7

Shape Water: 2/7

Private Sanctum: 0/12

MMM: About 25% done with roof decking and trim calculated!

For today, bed is made, notebook is in my bag (although I'm about to dive back into grant writing, so we'll see) and I'm having dinner with my sister tonight. Weather is much less nice, so going to do some cleaning before it's time to head to her place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Then after dinner my mom and I watched Ever After (one of our all-time favorite movies that we never get tired of watching)

It is the best version of Cinderella. 😍 Also it had its 25th anniversary this year!

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

It was a pretty perfect day, and partially inspired by your thread, actually. I so often let my challenge goals become such a focus for me, and in particular this barn project has taken up such a huge chunk of my time for the past 1.5 years, that I forget to just enjoy the moment. Present Me does want a clean room and a new barn and all the other stuff I'm working towards, but Present Me is also allowed to just take some time to relax and have a good evening without checking things off the to-do list.

😭😭 I'm glad I could inspire having a beautiful day

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

23 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

It is the best version of Cinderella. 😍 Also it had its 25th anniversary this year!

Hands down, no competition. I did not realize it was the 25th anniversary. I now have the urge to watch it 25 times this year. 1 down, 24 to go!

Happy Friday, nerds! It's a day off work for me, but before we get to that, let's catch up on Thursday.

Actually, Thursday was not exciting. Making my bed was the only goal I hit all day. Ended up not taking a lunch break because we are really on a deadline crunch with this grant application, so no writing done. (I almost never skip my lunch break. My boss bribed me into it by buying me lunch, plus I get 1.5 hours of comp time.) I got home and just didn't feel like doing much, so I didn't. Fed my horses, sat and had a drink while they ate, then let them out and went over to my sister's place for my dinner, which was delicious. We followed the Pens game, put together a bookshelf, and finished season 1 of Abbott Elementary. This whole enjoying life thing is pretty sweet, guys. Highly recommend. Anyways, very tired when I got home and went to bed without doing my skincare.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:26 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Week Two Scores:

Prestidigitation: 4/7

Shape Water: 2/7

Private Sanctum: 0/13

MMM:  My new router got delivered! Still waiting on my trim quote.

Today, slept in a little, fed my animals, lounged with a cup of coffee until it was time to start a zoom meeting for one of our MH specialists (and another 30 min of comp time for that *exhausting* amount of holiday work!) then got dressed and cleaned my chicken coop. Lounged a little more, playing on my computer, then did 30 minutes of cleaning, which really put a nice dent in the clutter. I think there might be something to be said for a solid chunk of effort instead of picking away 5 minutes at a time. Anyways, as soon as I post this, I'm going to go do some barn work. Might do a workout or a writing session this afternoon, but I at the moment they are both basement activities, and with the furnace out, it is cold down there today. So maybe I'll focus on cleaning my desk off instead and then at least one of those things can become upstairs activities. Church this evening, followed by D&D.

• Like 5

On 4/6/2023 at 8:26 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Ever After

Oh, yea!  I forgot about that one.  It's great.  Thanks for the reminder!!

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

The weekend was busy. Lots of church, lots of barn building. I overdid the roof time on Friday and my left knee locked up on me, which hasn't happened in a while. Saturday I worked on my old guy's hooves, which I hate doing because it hurts him with his arthritis, but it needed done. They still need more work, but I'm doing just a bit at a time. Most challenge stuff got skipped, but I stayed pretty consistent on my cantrips. I am tired this morning, and my stomach is feeling a bit off, and I am just very unmotivated at the moment. I think I'm going to worry less about scoring the rest of the challenge, and just focus on doing something every day and reporting in here regularly. I had not really realized until Saturday how much background stress and anxiety I am constantly feeling about my mustang, although I do think it's worse right now because sharks are circling. So at least for this week, I'm going to cut myself some slack and just see how things go.

• Like 3