KB Girl doesn't go it alone

On 4/6/2023 at 10:48 PM, KB Girl said:

she adamantly refused weighing and measuring

Lovely little kid, hahaaa.

On 4/9/2023 at 12:50 AM, KB Girl said:

one of the teachers had grabbed my daughter by the arm pretty harshly and said ‘if you don’t do it right this time you can just go shower and go home’ which I really thought crossed a line-

She did cross a line. And brave of you to go and talk to her.

Oh, well, HI! Following along again! (I hope for longer than last time, oups)

On 4/21/2023 at 11:30 AM, Lara said:

Lovely little kid, hahaaa.

She did cross a line. And brave of you to go and talk to her.

Oh, well, HI! Following along again! (I hope for longer than last time, oups)

Hey! Good to see you :)

On 4/16/2023 at 10:54 AM, Alanna said:

That sounds like a lovely Easter! I had to look up the Easter fires - they are huge!

Ditto on what other people have said about how therapy can being draining and/or frightening. That's probably a sign that you and your therapist are tackling what you need to, which is an important step towards making progress and achieving what you want out of the sessions. 

Probably yes! Annoying/frustrating though x)

Spoiler

How did this week go? :) 

Thanks for asking! I'll finally update in a sec. 

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

I really thought that this challenge I might actually keep up the semi-daily updates, but I let two weeks go by without updating, booooo! x)

There are reasons ofc, I think I mentioned my mom being homeless atm and coming to stay with us for a while.. so since just before easter I hardly had any real alone time so I skipped a couple updates and then that created a barrier and then here we are! Meanwhile there was also a lot of drama and stuff happening, around finding my mom a temporary place to stay (that's sorted now!) and with my sisters health issues and her narcissist husband. Not to mention the draining therapy stuff. 

But I haven't slacked on the challenge. There was a lot of asking for help. Jaap is now in charge of laundry- which was hard for me to let go but actually does bring a lot of peace of mind. I asked a friend for help with a hard email I had to write (body doubling). Did a lot of something-training sessions except the last couple of days as it is that time of the month. Did quite a few other things for work and the garden despite feelings of doooom. 

So ehm, I'll try to finish this week strong! 

• Like 12

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

Tuesday I blocked time for a proper workout but got interrupted 3 times so it turned into a something workout. Then I took my 6yo for a paediatrician checkup, eyes and ears and growth all functioning properly :) In the afternoon we went to a museum, then I briefly considered getting fries for dinner but cooked something simple instead. 

• Like 7

On 4/24/2023 at 6:43 AM, KB Girl said:

But I haven't slacked on the challenge. There was a lot of asking for help. Jaap is now in charge of laundry- which was hard for me to let go but actually does bring a lot of peace of mind. I asked a friend for help with a hard email I had to write (body doubling). Did a lot of something-training sessions except the last couple of days as it is that time of the month. Did quite a few other things for work and the garden despite feelings of doooom. 

Woot for asking for help! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

This morning I went for a hike with the kids, it was cold but very nice out. After lunch I did the therapy thing, it was pretty good. Then I had work. Had a decent training session in fragments inbetween work. 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

On 4/27/2023 at 12:41 AM, MaeradCase said:

Sounds like a lot of good things being done! 😃

Definitely! :) 

Today was a holiday, kingsday. And while I don’t agree with having a monarchy I do enjoy some of the festivities. We went to the rommelmarkt in the city centre, where lots of kids lay out a blanket with their old stuff to sell and other kids play guitar or do face paint or make necklaces. We bought a bunch of books and puzzles for next to nothing. 

The afternoon was spend in both gardens, which was great! I posted some pics in the gardening thread. And in the evening I went to the gym to get some work done on our taxes while the place was empty and quiet, but it wasn’t very easy to focus so I got less done than I would have liked.

• Like 6

On 4/24/2023 at 2:43 PM, KB Girl said:

So ehm, I'll try to finish this week strong! 

You're definitely achieving that goal! Great job on the posting front, too :)

21 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I posted some pics in the gardening thread.

Gardening thread???

WindyWholeDarklingbeetle-max-1mb.gif

How have I missed this?!

(I possibly was told about it and then completely forgot about it 😅)

• Like 2

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

On 4/28/2023 at 3:55 PM, Everstorm said:

I don't think I have ever seen purple asparagus before.  Does it taste different from green?

I really wish I could tell you but Jaap and the kids ate them without me! They said they were much tastier, but that could just be the fresh from our own garden effect.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:55 PM, Alanna said:

You're definitely achieving that goal! Great job on the posting front, too :)

Gardening thread???

WindyWholeDarklingbeetle-max-1mb.gif

How have I missed this?!

(I possibly was told about it and then completely forgot about it 😅)

Thanks! And yes! Come join us :D 

• Like 3

Yesterday I worked literally all day, 9:30-21:30. Only took a break to attend the kettlebell class, which went much better than expected. 

Today I had 1on1s in the morning and I taught a weightlifting beginners workshop in the afternoon. It went well. Afterwards I did some clean and jerks of my own, including one at 50kg which I enjoyed still being able to do. 
Dropped by the garden real quick on my way home, I’m enjoying it so much and it’s really good for my headspace.

oh and I asked for help with something today!

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 1

It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny! I was at work from 9:00 to 13:00 and from there went straight to the garden. The kids were with me, they helped a little and played a lot :) we stayed out until dinner time. I got sunburned :) 

I did not get my taxes done in time, so I've requested an extension and plan to get some help from a professional this coming week. 

And I suppose that's it for this challenge.. it was challenging! but I think I've learned a lot and made some progress. 

I'm not done with the psychologist thing nor all the other headspace stuff. The all or something will have to continue. The hardest part has probably been that it's hard to be satisfied/pleased with work I've done when it hardly seems to make a dent in the mount doom of work to be done looming over me. I wish I could freeze time and take down mount doom without life just throwing new rocks on top of there. But I've been working really hard on not accepting/creating more work (beyond the necessary), hopefully that will create some breathing room. 

Not sure about next challenge yet, I think I'll sleep on it. 

Thanks for being here!

• Like 8

14 hours ago, KB Girl said:

And I suppose that's it for this challenge.. it was challenging! but I think I've learned a lot and made some progress. 

I'm not done with the psychologist thing nor all the other headspace stuff. The all or something will have to continue. The hardest part has probably been that it's hard to be satisfied/pleased with work I've done when it hardly seems to make a dent in the mount doom of work to be done looming over me. I wish I could freeze time and take down mount doom without life just throwing new rocks on top of there. But I've been working really hard on not accepting/creating more work (beyond the necessary), hopefully that will create some breathing room. 

Not sure about next challenge yet, I think I'll sleep on it. 

Thanks for being here!

I can totally relate to the whole Mount Doom of work that needs to be done. So much that I spent part of January this year reading productivity books hoping to find some secret to doing it all when I came across one that spoke more authentically than the others.  It is “Four Thousand Weeks Time Management for Mortals” by Oliver Burkeman.  It is a refreshing book and one grounded in some serious reflection of the time we have in life and how we can decide on how to use that time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

gandalf-a-wizard-is-never-later.gif

• That's Metal 1

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII