Elastigirl :Springs To A New Challenge

On 3/28/2023 at 11:21 AM, Elastigirl said:

Did my workout. Today was legs. In the further story of EG and why her brain is on strike on Mondays, I goofed up my workout again. I have it all typed out, and I just follow the plan. The plan said to do a set of 10 goblet squats, and 10 deadlifts. I read it, and said I need to do 10 goblet squats, and then a set of double kettle bell squats. I was trying to do the double kb squats, and my glutes were on fire, and I didn't know why it was so hard. It wasn't until I was half way through the second set that I realized I was supposed to be doing deadlifts , not squatsūüėÉAh well, I think it was @XBlackWidowXthat I was talking to about how it was a good skill to learn to laugh at yourself, and so this was good practice in that.

I think it's an awesome skill. I hope I'll have such distance to myself one day and be able to do that. 

It's always hard to come back into a groove after vacation. How was it by the way? Where are those promised pics? xD

I see you often go for walks. Now it's the best season for walking, the smell of blooming flowers, birds singing, mmm ;) and not too hot.

• Like 1

Veni, vidi, vici. 

6 hours ago, XBlackWidowX said:

It's always hard to come back into a groove after vacation. How was it by the way? Where are those promised pics? xD

I totally forgot about pictures. It was a wonderful vacation20230308_113223.thumb.jpg.e8740965eb3756be32a14c79747079a1.jpg20230310_112312.thumb.jpg.a1f2bd6f51bae17c1bbe6889fa25a8e3.jpg20230309_112047.thumb.jpg.d8d2594442f5f78b078cb8504315a8ee.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

totally forgot about pictures. It was a wonderful vacation

I love it!!!  Woooo the cactus is so huge, amazing!!! I love deserts, but haven't got a chance yet to visit this kind of place. It looks so special to me, I hope I can come one day! 

What kind of bird is it one the picture?

Veni, vidi, vici. 

Amazing vacation photos EG! Those botanical gardens look so cool!

‚ÄúAll You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.‚ÄĚ - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 14| 15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27| 28 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel,¬†D√ļnedain Ranger:¬†Vol I, Vol II,¬†Vol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V¬†

I didn't realize Aloe flowers. That looks so cool and absolutely makes me think the world would have been super exotic looking when the dinosaurs were doing their thing. 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16

Current Challenge: #17

‚ÄúFinish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.‚ÄĚ ~¬†Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, XBlackWidowX said:

I love it!!!  Woooo the cactus is so huge, amazing!!! I love deserts, but haven't got a chance yet to visit this kind of place. It looks so special to me, I hope I can come one day! 

What kind of bird is it one the picture?

Yes, it is super amazing. It is a cactus wren, which is the Arizona state bird.

7 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Amazing vacation photos EG! Those botanical gardens look so cool!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I didn't realize Aloe flowers. That looks so cool and absolutely makes me think the world would have been super exotic looking when the dinosaurs were doing their thing. 

Neither did I! I thought the same thing. T

4 hours ago, TiogaGirl said:

LOVE THE CACTUS WREN!!!¬†ūüė欆And is that a desert bighorn?? Great pics!

Isn't that a cool pic? He was just sitting there singing away. And I think it is a desert bighorn.

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Love those desert flower pictures, thank you for sharing :) 

Your welcome.  Thatnks to @XBlackWidowX for reminding me!

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Been a while since I properly updated. Got into the cycle of now there is too much too update, and don't have time. So here's some highlights from the week

We went to the opening day of baseball. Parking was outrageously expensive. We parked almost a mile away for free. Reason #1001 why it pays to be in shape.ūüėÉ

I made this dessert for our church community group and it was a success. Gluten Free Apple Spice Coffee Cake (SCD and Paleo) | Against All Grain - Delectable paleo recipes to eat & feel great. Except I made powdered sugar glaze instead of her less sugar option. There's not that much glaze( so not that much sugar), and I think it tastes better.

My non goal, that I've been making a goal : Opened my blinds and sat by the window first thing every morning. Most mornings it was even sunny! This seemed to help get me going in the morning. It helped somewhat with sleep, a couple nights  I had trouble sleeping, and a couple of nights I slept amazing. Also trying to turn off screens a bit earlier, only doing so so on that.

Actual goals

Drink 20 oz of water in the morning: Nailed this Monday - Friday-

Protein 120 grams a day, yes, I didn't always track, but I know how to mentally figure it

Strength. my end of challenge goal was to do 3 sets of 8 reps of goblet squats at #25, and 3 sets of rows at  #35,  I nailed it this week. Which is good, but I may have made the goal  a bit too easy. I'll see how it goes this week, and make new goals to smash! ( insert yet another comment about how much happier I am doing this than the bodyweight goals of pistol that I never seemed to be able to do)

• Like 9

Really glad sitting by the window in the mornings is helping you, EG! It sounds like a lovely way to start a morning. 

Thanks for the updates - Excellent job with the workouts!¬†ūüí™

• Like 1

‚ÄúAll You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.‚ÄĚ - Gandalf

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 14| 15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27| 28 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel,¬†D√ļnedain Ranger:¬†Vol I, Vol II,¬†Vol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V¬†

15 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Really glad sitting by the window in the mornings is helping you, EG! It sounds like a lovely way to start a morning. 

Thanks for the updates - Excellent job with the workouts!¬†ūüí™

Thanks. It wasn't sunny this morning, so not quite as pleasant. But, it was still brighter than inside, so it did wake me up some.

Today was leg day.  At the end of my set of deadlifts, my back was maybe sore? I say maybe because sometimes it's hard with my back to differentiate between sore injury, or just tired using it. I used to have chronic back pain, so I am a little over sensitive. Anyway, I'm going to watch some deadlift tutorials and make sure I'm doing them correctly. At the last round of exercises (lunges, reverse curl, ) I did two sets instead of three, because I was just all over tired.

DId a nice easy row. It was not raining, so I could have walked. But it was cold, and I didn't want to, so I rowed. Mr. Incredible and I did go for a walk after dinner.

Drank my water.

Ate protein (steak for dinner, so that was  easy to make) I didn't track, but I did weigh so I know I ate plenty. I vought a big family pack of flank steak, so the second pound is cooking in the air fryer right now. Lots of leftovers for a few days.

• Like 4

Those pics are amazing Elasti!!!    I've been low key planning a long weekend in Tuscon with my sis and we keep not getting to pull the trigger on it.   Those pics have super hyped me to wanting to get back into active plan mode.

Glad you had a great time.   Much sun yes???  Tanks full now I bet!!!

Now the getting back into home routine.  You got this!

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

9 hours ago, starpuck said:

Those pics are amazing Elasti!!!    I've been low key planning a long weekend in Tuscon with my sis and we keep not getting to pull the trigger on it.   Those pics have super hyped me to wanting to get back into active plan mode.

Glad you had a great time.   Much sun yes???  Tanks full now I bet!!!

Now the getting back into home routine.  You got this!

Much sun! It was amazing. You should go to Tucson(soon or it will be too hot) It is very pretty.

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

If you want a form check just let me know? 

Thanks.  I need to take a video of myself. I'll post it for a form check

• Like 1

Last night, about an hour after I went to bed, I was awakened by a loud clap of thunder. Which, of course totally startled me and then took a while to get back to sleep. I didn't hear any more thunder, and wondered if maybe I had just dreamed it. But, I checked on our town Facebook page, and lots of other people heard it, and said it was really loud. When I looked outside this morning, there was a trace of snow. I wondered if it happened during the brief thunderstorm.

It was sunny today, but colder than our usual April . When  I first woke up, it was just barely over freezing. Went for a walk with my friend in the afternoon, and the weather was pleasant. 

Did my arm workout. I got through my last set of exercises, and realized I had skipped the first set. And those are the hardest.ūüėäOops. I did them last. I mean, of course , I totally planned it that way, for muscle confusion purposes.ūüėȬ†I've been doing 30# with the floor press, and that makes me feel strong. I'm improving with the shoulder presses, and curls too.¬†

Drank my 20 oz of water. Protein is a little under, but yesterday it was over, so it's all good

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

Right now I have cupcakes ( a mix) baking in the oven. For Christmas, I asked for a cupcake decorating kits and some tools. A long time ago, when my son was little I used to decorate cakes for him.I enjoyed it, but ate way too much frosting. I decided I wanted to try some cupcake decorating. I figured Easter was a good time. I also got a book which tells me how to decorate , so I will try those. I can freeze them, and then make them Friday night or Saturday.  Tomorrow I will practice. 

Today was rest day. I did a walking video, actually a boxing video, but it's fairly easy, for 30 minutes then worked in the garden some. I'm struggling with allergies, so it was just for about 30 minutes.

• Like 6

That sounds like such a lovely Easter activity. I hope they turn out well for you!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Oh that sounds fun! I hope you have a good time and that they turn out well! 

Past Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16

Current Challenge: #17

‚ÄúFinish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.‚ÄĚ ~¬†Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

That sounds like such a lovely Easter activity. I hope they turn out well for you!

11 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Oh that sounds fun! I hope you have a good time and that they turn out well! 

Today I practiced decorating them, just doing it on this plastic turntable I have. It was supposed to look like a flower on the cupcake. I did improve with practice. Not super happy with how they are looking. That's why I'm doing it for Easter- it's just family so even if they look far less than stellar, they will like it.  I saved one actual cupcake and tried the design on it. It looked so-so, but was very tasty! I managed to not eat a bunch of extra frosting ( something I struggle with)  and just waited and enjoyed my decorated cupcake when I was done.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

Did leg workout. Drank 20 oz of water, and some tea in the morning. Ate 115 grams of protein, that's slightly under, but close enough.  I did a couple of 10 minute walking videos. And (as I say in the post above) I practiced my  cupcake decorating skills. It was fun, and I good way to be creative. I just have to remind myself that I am learning, so my first attempts are probably going to suck.And actually the practice flowers I did, look semi ok.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

eat a bunch of extra frosting

This is what a lot of my childhood looked like...

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I am learning, so my first attempts are probably going to suck

With singing we refer to 'the first pancake' where we accept the first run through of something is going to be fine and tasty, but not our finest work! The main thing is they're tasty though ūüėÉ

• Like 4

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40