Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! [Mar 27 - Jun 18, 2023)

Starting weight: 216.8 lbs - 98.35 kg

Week 1: 213.6 lbs - 96.9 kg (-3.2 lbs / -1.45 kg)

Week 2: 211.5 lbs - 95.95 kg (-2.1 lbs / -0.95 kg)

Week 3: 213.8 lbs - 97.0 kg (+2.3 lbs / +1.05 kg)

Last week was something of a vacation week. Considering I had 3 days where I ate all the food, and 2 more days where I didn't eat all that reasonably, the damage is not as bad as I had feared.

Here's hoping that part of it is still just bloat. Although after two days of eating well again, I doubt it.

But I'm back in my regular routine again now, so I want to see the numbers go down again after this... 😇

• Like 5

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

56 minutes ago, Darciana said:

Ugh, I had eye surgery 2 years ago at the end of February in hopes that I'd be mostly healed by summer. It was awful! I've always been light sensitive, but oh did being out on the lake on a sunny day really really suck that year hahah Most days were tolerable with a good pair of sunglasses per doc's orders, but that lake reflection was no joke. Sunglasses and hat didn't quite cut it that day... Now I forget I ever had surgery!

I hope your healing comes along delightfully and quickly ❤️

Oh that is very hopeful hearing! The light sensitivity is REAL. Thankfully I have sunglasses and a good hat, and Western PA is pretty cloudy. 

Did you have a droopy eyelid after surgery too? I have a droopy eyelid and I'm told that takes a month to 6 months for it to go back. 

39 minutes ago, Shello said:

The whole summer?!  Sorry to hear that.  I know you look forward to the yard work.  More walks this summer?   

Yeah! Definitely more walks. My nephew is going to help out in exchange for earning some cash this summer, and my dad's trainer said he'd come up and help with heavy lifting and other folks in my family said they'd help us out.  Which is really nice.  I give myself a little time each day to feel really sorry for myself and then I focus on what I can do, which after this week will include bending!

22 minutes ago, Shello said:

I am honestly pretty happy with maintaining.  

Given everything, I agree with you. That's really a great accomplishment. I always gain about 8 pounds during funeral times.  You did good! 

3 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

But I'm back in my regular routine again now, so I want to see the numbers go down again after this... 😇

You'll see it! I believe in you. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Oh that is very hopeful hearing! The light sensitivity is REAL. Thankfully I have sunglasses and a good hat, and Western PA is pretty cloudy. 

Did you have a droopy eyelid after surgery too? I have a droopy eyelid and I'm told that takes a month to 6 months for it to go back. 

I did not, but I did have bandage contacts that ripped (in both eyes, conveniently) in the first 4 days after surgery (go figure, on a weekend when they're closed Mondays so I had to suffer through) which caused some swelling and that made me really squinty. I hope it doesn't take the full six months for you to lose the droopy eyelid! That sounds frustrating

I was very fortunate I also healed way ahead of schedule. By my two week follow up, I was 75% healed and, so long as nothing traumatic happened and I kept up with all the post-op care, I wouldn't need to return to the office for checkups. I could see my regular eye doc from that point forward and here I am 2 years later all fine and dandy. It's awful at first, but it gets better day by day. My biggest problem was dry eye and I still have a bit of issue now when the heater is on but my skin also struggles and I end up using double the lotion so I think that's just my body not liking super dry air.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Quick update for my first week: down two pounds and staying on track.  Nothing too interesting going on in my life right now except helping the kids get through the end of school and getting eldest spawn graduated from high school.  My big task for this week is to hem her prom dress.. 

Given all the drama and issue ya'll have been through I am seeing some really great focus and results!!! 

Season 1 Yes GIF by NBC

• Like 5

Ranger-Monk Hybrid - Do all the things and lots of BJJ

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Terra turns 50?!?!?

2 hours ago, Darciana said:

I did not, but I did have bandage contacts that ripped (in both eyes, conveniently) in the first 4 days after surgery (go figure, on a weekend when they're closed Mondays so I had to suffer through)

I was relieved not to get bandage contacts! I’m sorry you experienced that!

2 hours ago, Darciana said:

I was very fortunate I also healed way ahead of schedule.

Yay! Especially given the torn bandage contacts, that’s amazing

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Terra said:

Quick update for my first week: down two pounds and staying on track.  Nothing too interesting going on in my life right now except helping the kids get through the end of school and getting eldest spawn graduated from high school.  My big task for this week is to hem her prom dress.. 

Given all the drama and issue ya'll have been through I am seeing some really great focus and results!!! 

Season 1 Yes GIF by NBC

Ahh happy graduating to the spawn! We have a spawn graduating this year (or supposed to if he can keep grades up) as well.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Weighing in a day early this week because for consistency I'm going to do it the morning after my last fast of the week (which will sometimes mean Sunday and sometimes Monday). I'm down 2+ more pounds, which means back to my pre-vacation weight and slightly past a plateau I'd been stuck at for a while!

"Fasting" day 1 went absolutely fine...pretty easy and not too distracting. On day 2 some unusual events occurred, so I was ok with hitting a slightly higher calorie range than usual, more like 800 than 600. Got through that day fine, though...then I made day 3 hard for myself by impulse-eating a cookie that I figured was about a hundred calories, when actually it was more like 300...meaning that my major meal of the day was both significantly earlier than I had planned and also was a cookie – so that evening was harder and more distracting than I'd generally prefer to deal with, but lesson learned, hopefully. On the other days I ate pretty normally/more or less what I wanted/honestly a little bit extra after the fasting, which was nice to not worry about. 

I did get my hair trimmed this week which could have contributed to my total loss, but I'm not going to think about that too hard! Now that I've dropped the vacation weight pretty quickly, my goal is a steady pound a week for the rest of this challenge, which I'm feeling hopeful about at the moment. 

• Like 5

I'm checking in a day early because I just happened to check my weight this AM and I don't typically like to do back to back weigh-ins. They kind of mess with my head a little. Yeah, I probably need to get over thinking overmuch on fluctuations, but whatever.

Anyway! I'm miraculously down 4.9 pounds from my last Monday check-in. I am not sure why. I actually had a kind of inconsistent week. Honestly, I am scratching my head, but I'll take it.

Last week was a very small increment down (-.1 lbs) and the week before was modest but still great (-1 lbs.). I can explain those, though! This new number is like an alien abducted me and removed a few extra pounds just for funsies. 🛸👽

I hope everyone saw the scale move as expected this week, and maybe even beyond expectations!

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

I am down 0.5lbs from last week. I'm not going to complain one bit, especially after this weekend included a lot of eating out and last minute meal ideas. I'm actually quite shocked I'm only up 0.2lbs from Friday morning's weigh-in which is usually my lowest of the week.

This week's plan for next Monday's weigh-in:

Spoiler

If the weather holds, I fly out tomorrow late morning and won't be back until about 1-2am Saturday morning so this week is going to be focused on how to eat out while traveling and at least maintain weight, if not manage a slight loss.

Breakfast and lunch will be "continental style" provided by the training host Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Wednesday will be a sight-seeing ordeal with dinner out at a local restaurant with the hosts of the training. Tuesday night, when my coworker picks me up from the airport, and Thursday night will be on us two to figure out. Friday she'll drop me off at the airport and she'll head home so I'll likely eat at the airport.

I rolled my ankle again on Friday afternoon so I'm foregoing running until it feels better. Not sure if I'll run at all this week, then, but I'm not giving up hope. I've already packed workout clothes and I'll do my best to get in the gym first thing in the morning to help offset, even if it's not running. Likely this training will have us sitting the majority, if not all day so I'm relying on workouts to help offset intake, particularly as I'm not in control (cooking) the food. I'll be sure to make healthy choices, though, and pay attention to my body's hunger cues so as not to overeat.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Darciana said:

This week's plan for next Monday's weigh-in:

Travel is always so hard.  Looks like a good plan.  All you can do is do your best with what is given.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Starting weight: 258.4

Week 1: 259.2 (up 0.8)

Week 2: 258.4 (down 0.8)

Week 3: 258.4 (down 0.0)

Week 4: 257.0 (down 1.4)

I'm a little surprised by this week's weigh in.  I've been back to my routine but also not really putting a lot of effort into avoiding pitfalls like pizza and donuts.   But I'll take it and use the motivation to double down to make this a good week too.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I honestly can't remember if I actually posted in here last week or not, and at the moment I'm too lazy to go look. 😅

Last week my weight went up a little bit, but the week before I was on vacation that ended with a marathon drive to get home (ended up being about 19 hours in the car), so that's about what I expected.

I've been weighing myself every day, because it helps to see the overall pattern (that's currently the case for me, not trying to say anyone else should do that) and pretty much all this week it's been going down.  And then between Saturday and Sunday I had 5 hours of roller derby practice, which is more than I am really in shape for, so my everything is sore, and I am certain my muscles are inflamed (especially my leg muscles), so of course the scale is up today.  Which actually put it at the same weight as last week.  I have one more practice tonight, so I can get enough practice points for my upcoming game (thanks vacation for making me have to do all the practices at once!), but I expect the scale will be heading back down once all that calms down.  In awesome news, my waist is down an eighth of an inch!  I double checked, and if I was sucking in or something, I did it both times despite trying to make sure I wasn't the second time, because I got the same measurement both times, so I think it's real. ☺️

• Like 5

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Week 4: 211.2 lbs - 95.8 kg (-2.6 lbs / -1.2 kg)

The previous week's damage is undone! 🤘

And this despite being in the weeks after Easter, there being far too much chocolate in the house, and me having some every day.

But despite eating sweets (well, mainly chocolate) daily, I've been very good at keeping the amounts modest, and I've been sticking to my intermittent fasting really well.👍

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

Starting Weight 243

W1-243

W2-242

W3-240.8

W4-240.8

W5- 238

I'm really happy, because this current food plan is working for me and I think I can live with it forever. This week I'm gently bringing back exercise, and sunday is cheesecake for dinner because it's my mom's birthday soon and that's the day we're celebrating. :) 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 3

I am officially 1.3lbs down from last Monday and 3.4lbs down from March 27th

Which is a miracle because I spent Tuesday-Friday eating catered breakfasts and lunches and every single dinner out I ate until I was uncomfortably stuffed. An alcoholic drink with dinner every night (unusual for me to drink during weekdays). No working out due to lack of sleep (too bright, noisy, and the bed wasn't the most comfortable thing ever), and all day was spent sitting in a classroom environment limiting my steps/movement. Saturday was a lazy day as I got home at 2am (bed at 230-3am) and was woken up by the puppies at 8am and a bachelor/ette combined party in the evening. Sunday was bed at 1-130am and awake at 7am again... Didn't change out of PJs at all and was lazy. Yet here I am...

I guess my body needed a reset? I'll take it, though. Got right back into habits yesterday (food, water) and today (workouts) with hopes of continuing this trend onward.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 2

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Sounds like it! Bodies are so weird! :D I'm happy for you!

They are very weird!

I was thinking of taking a week or so to eat more at maintenance (not logging calories, just handwriting what in case I have a reaction to something like super bloat or whatever) and see if that helped move things along as I was feeling very plateau-ish there for a bit. Well, travel forced my hand a bit with only being able to guestimate food and having to rely on my body to tell me what's up and it seems it worked. Now to not lose this momentum while it lasts

• Like 3

I am slightly cheating this week, because I am not recording my weight for this week until tomorrow.  I had a busy travel weekend that included a roller derby game, so my usual everything was off.  And, the weight I got this morning was far enough off from what it's been for the last week that I am certain it's not real (it's something like a 4 lb jump up).  I expect it'll be back to normalish by tomorrow, so that's what I'll record. :)

• Like 5

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Hey all. I lost 1.1 pounds this past week, which is great, of course. I aim to adhere to better eating practices this week so that maybe I can squeak out a bit more of a loss next Monday? Who knows. As it's been said, bodies are weird (even if I do do everything "right" I may not get the scale to budge. We'll see!

Continuing with my calorie deficit, protein goal and exercise routine. Lift. Weights. Move. Joyfully.

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” Carrie Fisher

2 hours ago, TrashcanCarla said:

Hey all. I lost 1.1 pounds this past week, which is great, of course. I aim to adhere to better eating practices this week so that maybe I can squeak out a bit more of a loss next Monday? Who knows. As it's been said, bodies are weird (even if I do do everything "right" I may not get the scale to budge. We'll see!

Continuing with my calorie deficit, protein goal and exercise routine. Lift. Weights. Move. Joyfully.

Bodies are indeed weird, but 1.1 pounds is really really great!

Cheering you on as we navigate this "doing things right with nothing to show for it" potential.

• Like 3

Week 4: 211.2 lbs - 95.8 kg (-2.6 lbs / -1.2 kg)

Week 5: 209.2 lbs - 94.9 kg (-2.0 lbs / -1.0 kg)

Weigh-in was just before the missus' best friend's oldest son's First Holy Communion, so the afternoon/evening was nothing but crisps, appetisers, soda, fries, candy, desserts...

I was reasonable with the fries, but overindulged on the appetisers. And I hadn't counted on dessert, so that basically pushed the day over the edge.

Following day was the missus' godchild's second birthday, so cake, appetisers and dinner, and while I was still over my calorie count, the day was far more reasonable. No soda even.

Now I've got the week to undo the damage. Plus I don't think it's that bad to confuse my body on occasion: deficit-deficit-deficit-deficit-deficit-OVERLOAD-overload-deficit-WTF? 😅

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Now I've got the week to undo the damage. Plus I don't think it's that bad to confuse my body on occasion: deficit-deficit-deficit-deficit-deficit-OVERLOAD-overload-deficit-WTF? 😅

That's pretty much what happened to me. Endless deficit and a sudden 4-day long overload..... I lost weight despite it so maybe your weird body will be like my weird body and it'll help? 🤣

• Like 3