Keladris builds base camp

Hello Rebels! Have been forum absent for a while but alive and well in discord. I also signed up for NF coaching which has been wonderful.

But I'm back here to announce a clear challenge for the next few weeks. I have been burning too many candles at too many ends and needed to stage a self intervention! So here it is.

Laying a foundation

For this week, I am going to do only the minimum of my commitments, which are:

- Choir rehearsals Monday, Wednesday, Sunday

- Acting class Thursday

- Musical rehearsals Tuesday and Friday

This means no dance for me this week, no workouts, and no additional classes or meetings.

I'm going to see how my energy is by the end of this week and gradually add stuff in again throughout the month.

Campfire cooking

I am going to make Mondays a meal prep day. I need some really good and healthy fuel to get me through all my many activities! Will post photos in here to track progress.

A safe shelter

I am going to challenge myself to meditate every weekday. I need to relax, and meditation has helped a lot in the past. I think I might even buy some stickers and track this with a sticker chart, because I have the mind of a 5 year old 🤣

• Like 3

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

Stickers are 100% worth the investment for me. Do it!! :D 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

So far we are 2/2 on meditation. Meal prep didn't happen Monday because I meditated and during meditation realised I just needed to spend a day collapsed on the floor!

Might go get those stickers today and maybe do some light meal prep of salads or something.

• Like 2

Keladris the Bard
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

3/4 meditation. Oops! Today got busy. But there is always tomorrow.

Had a big realisation in acting class today.... I had been being blown in too many directions and not listening to the core of all my work, which is solid acting technique and taking the time to really prepare and find my own point of view. I had skipped a few classes lately because I just had too much on my plate, and going to class today felt like my compass got realigned again. Doing less is going to lead to a whole lot more. 

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Keladris the Bard

Welcome back to the forums!

16 hours ago, Keladris said:

Had a big realisation in acting class today.... I had been being blown in too many directions and not listening to the core of all my work, which is solid acting technique and taking the time to really prepare and find my own point of view. I had skipped a few classes lately because I just had too much on my plate, and going to class today felt like my compass got realigned again. Doing less is going to lead to a whole lot more. 

That's a great insight, and it reminds me of something that GMB likes to say - "Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." 

On 4/5/2023 at 4:31 PM, Keladris said:

Might go get those stickers today and maybe do some light meal prep of salads or something.

I would like to see the stickers if you are up for sharing :D

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

17 hours ago, Keladris said:

I feel you on this!

I had a sidequest of writing with my goals, and realized that would be another habit amongst so MANY habits. Glad you can see the reward right away and hopes it will you be more successful where you  would like to be!

On a Retreat until June 17, 2024... Look forward to seeing you on the other side!

On 4/6/2023 at 10:24 PM, Keladris said:

Doing less is going to lead to a whole lot more. 

Thats Deep GIFs | Tenor

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill