Hitting the reset button

Hello. My name is Joe Swam. I am the coordinator of CGO (computer generated ordering) at a chain of grocery stores in Maryland. A long time ago (okay ten years ago) in a galaxy not so far away I was a personal trainer. I weighed approximately 190 pounds and had about 6 to 7 percent body fat. Then I got married and my son was born. I now have almost nothing in common with "that guy" (I don't mean to imply that my wife and son are to blame for this). A back injury sustained at work and some very poor lifestyle choices (Ben & Jerry's, Mountain Dew and online poker instead of volleyball/basketball) have left me at 290 pounds. I stumbled across this site and have decided to commit to taking back my life. I have eliminated soda from my diet and I am eating five times a day (versus two). I will not claim to be eating perfect yet, but I have introduced many more fruits and vegetables as well as lean proteins and cut all dessert type foods. I have also begun using the beginners body weight circuit. I am in the second week of using it, and my goal is to use it four times a week. I have also begun walking/jogging 30 to 45 minutes four times a week, first thing in the morning or after dinner. I am not stepping on a scale until after the first of the year. I would like to keep doing what I am doing and then use what I HOPE will be weight loss on Jan 1st to provide even more momentum for next year. I would really like to get down to 200 pounds, but more importantly would just like to feel better and be more healthy. I will post any progress I make here. I hope to use my experiences to help others, and hopefully take from the experience of others here to help in my own progress. Thanks for reading, "talk" to you soon.

JSwam, sounds like we are on the same page. Thanks for your honesty. I live in Maryland too. You pretty much summed up my story. I'm about to start a new job that will have me living in another state Monday-Friday and flying home on the weekends. I was thinking this would be a good time to try to make a change because I will have a lot of time on my hands and living out of an apartment during the week. Let's see if we can't kick this thing in the ass!!!!!! I'm 45 weighing in at 260.