TimovieMan becomes the answer to the Ultimate Question

I'm currently in Greece, so a quick recap of past events:

I did the "Hot Chip Challenge" on my birthday. It was *extremely* spicy. I was in tears for a few minutes, had a slice of bread "just in case", and drank two glasses of milk, and even then it was uncomfortable for about fifteen minutes. 😅

The taste wasn't anything special. It was not as tasty as an actual Carolina Reaper (which I had tasted last year - and got four good chews out of before the spiciness became overwhelming), but at least it wasn't as chemical as I had feared.

Challenge recap

Week 0 Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5
  M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S M T W T F S S
Intermittent fasting                                                                                    
Calorie intake                                                                                    
Weight +2.2 kg -2.4 kg -0.4 kg -0.3 kg -0.45 kg  
Curfew                                                                                    
Sleep                                     *                 *     *               *     *
Avg. sleep 6h51 6h39 6h38 6h12 6h17 6h38
Steps                                                                                    
Avg. steps 11.9K 13.2K 11.8K 11.5K 11.1K 10.4K
Workouts 0.0 3.3 4.2 1.6 2.5 0.0
Distance 37.7 km 41.82 km 29.94 km 37.65 km 32.54 km 32.82 km

Calorie intake and workouts on week zero and the final week were less than stellar, but the steps and Mordor mileage were okay, and the sleep was for the most part acceptable - barring one or two exceptions.

Week zero's excuse is, well, week zero. And last week's excuse is that I'm on vacation.

That's also why the next challenge will start a couple of weeks late. I'm in Greece at the moment, and I'm not logging anything. When I get back home, I'll still be off work for almost two weeks, so the caloric intake is going to be harder to do well, and both the missus and the kids will be nearby at all times which really hampers the workouts.

That means I'll officially be on "damage control" for the first three weeks or so. And then I'll get back on the wagon. 😇

Here's the song "Wind of Change" by Scorpions.

I've loved this song ever since it was released. This came in 1990, shortly after the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of the Cold War. It was a time of political and societal change in Europe, with the revolutions in Eastern Europe and the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
This song encapsulates that in an anthem of hope, peace and transformation.

It got to me as a then-9-year-old. It still gets to me...

Scorpions - "Wind of Change"

• Like 2

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

34 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Where in Greece? Hope not close to the fires!?

Is this a holiday or work stuff?

❤️ xx

I'm near Corinth, so on the mainland and about an hour's drive from Athens. We flew in yesterday but we have a rental car. Two days in Athens are very much planned... 😇

This is a holiday. I'm here with the family.

If it was work-related, I'd be travelling to Kansas in the US, or Pune in India. 😅

I'm mainly here to relax and to visit some cultural sites.

Weather so far is hot, but not as scorching as was reported. Forest fires seem to be mainly on the islands now, Rhodes and Corfu in particular. Not where we're at, fortunately...

• Like 3

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

New thread is (finally) up: