Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! PIRATE EDITION [June 19-September 3, 2023]

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Up slightly from last week, which is kind of amazing because I was on plague protocols.  Those protocols meant I was sitting around all day getting no movement and and a few snacks almost every day. This week should be better as I am now pretty much recovered. 

I'm really glad you're feeling better! You probably burned a lot of calories kicking covid out of your system. Again, I'm glad you're feeling good and ready to sail forth

11 hours ago, Elennare said:

Up slightly this week, but I think that's mostly because of the time of the month.

Definitely!

11 hours ago, Elennare said:

800g is a LOT of fruits and veggies if you're not eating something heavy like watermelon. I have been having mixed success hitting my goal, but I'm still eating a lot more of them than I was!

This is really awesome! Do you feel better?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Definitely!

This is really awesome! Do you feel better?

I do. And, even if the scale isn't playing as nicely as I would like, I just noticed that the bulge of fat that stuck out just above my knee when I bent my leg is completely gone! So, while that wasn't an area I was particularly keen to lose fat from, it's still a huge NSV and a definite sign of things moving in the direction I want. 😁

• Like 1

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

source.gif

My scale told me I was 229.9 this morning. 230 was my target for this challenge period

warcraft-level-up.gif

I'm going to stick with the same diet through the end of the challenge before I lock in whatever weight that is as my maintenance weight through the end of the year. I'll look to do another push in the new year. 

• That's Metal 5

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

2 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

source.gif

My scale told me I was 229.9 this morning. 230 was my target for this challenge period

warcraft-level-up.gif

I'm going to stick with the same diet through the end of the challenge before I lock in whatever weight that is as my maintenance weight through the end of the year. I'll look to do another push in the new year. 

wooo!!! That is so exciting!! Congratulations!!The Muppets Dancing GIF

My bodyweight is enjoying messing with me. It hovered just above 230 early last week. It dropped below towards the end of the week. Now it's hovering right there again, just above. I've got all week though to slowly force it down. Unfortunately I'm injured this week so I can only count of diet, no cardio for a few days while I do so. 

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

38 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

My bodyweight is enjoying messing with me. It hovered just above 230 early last week. It dropped below towards the end of the week. Now it's hovering right there again, just above. I've got all week though to slowly force it down. Unfortunately I'm injured this week so I can only count off diet, no cardio for a few days while I do so. 

Like you said before, water can really impact your weight.  We have two weigh-ins left, you can make your goal, even if you are just focused on your diet and getting enough rest. You got this!

• Like 1

6/19: 154.4

6/26: 152.5

7/03: 152.3

7/10: 152.5

7/17: 153.2

7/24: 153.4

7/31: N/A

8/07: 152.8

8/14: 152.8

8/21: 153.1

8/28: TBD

9/04: TBD

Travel and a weekend mostly spent out. All in all, I really only had yesterday to eat healthy come cooked meals and really focus on healthy habits. I did banish the travel/dehydration water weight already, thankfully. I did manage to stay under 153.5 this entire time which I'm considering "maintenance" as there's definitely bloat from all the eating out.

Doc appointments this week so we'll see how my health is from their perspective. It will cut into my workout Tuesday, when I go for labs unfortunately. Otherwise, workouts resumed as normal this week. Dinners all planned out and groceries purchased. Lunches are healthy and planned out (leftovers soups with plenty of veg!) Lots of water to be drank and steps to be taken (10k/day). I'm feeling optimistic I can end in 2 weeks closer to 150 than 153.

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

2 hours ago, Darciana said:

Travel and a weekend mostly spent out. All in all, I really only had yesterday to eat healthy come cooked meals and really focus on healthy habits. I did banish the travel/dehydration water weight already, thankfully. I did manage to stay under 153.5 this entire time which I'm considering "maintenance" as there's definitely bloat from all the eating out.

Doc appointments this week so we'll see how my health is from their perspective. It will cut into my workout Tuesday, when I go for labs unfortunately. Otherwise, workouts resumed as normal this week. Dinners all planned out and groceries purchased. Lunches are healthy and planned out (leftovers soups with plenty of veg!) Lots of water to be drank and steps to be taken (10k/day). I'm feeling optimistic I can end in 2 weeks closer to 150 than 153.

Given your hectic work schedule and all the traveling and stuff, maintaining is awesome! You did really well, and I agree, you can definitely get closer to 150 in two weeks. It's harder to lose a pound a week when you're already at a lower weight, and I really admire your healthy mindset about your progress and maintenance when life threw some curveballs in your plans. 

• Like 1
On 8/14/2023 at 8:24 PM, The Most Loathed said:

Happy to help.

I did snoop this morning when I entered my data and noticed that about four people are using it so iI was happy to see that someone was finding it useful. 

5 now that my hiatus has ended. 😇

Thanks for that!

My vacation period has ended, so I'm now on my post-vacation respawn. It was necessary. The number on the scale wasn't pretty after four weeks...

Starting weight: 94.0 kg / 207.2 lbs

Week 1: 91.6 kg / 201.9 lbs

Week 2: 91.2 kg / 201.1 lbs

Week 3: 90.9 kg / 200.4 lbs

Week 4: 90.45 kg / 199.4 lbs

* vacation *

Week 9: 95.5 kg / 210.5 lbs (+5.05 / +11.1)

Let's see how much of the damage I can undo in two weeks... 😇

• Like 2

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

5 now that my hiatus has ended. 😇

Thanks for that!

My vacation period has ended, so I'm now on my post-vacation respawn. It was necessary. The number on the scale wasn't pretty after four weeks...

Starting weight: 94.0 kg / 207.2 lbs

Week 1: 91.6 kg / 201.9 lbs

Week 2: 91.2 kg / 201.1 lbs

Week 3: 90.9 kg / 200.4 lbs

Week 4: 90.45 kg / 199.4 lbs

* vacation *

Week 9: 95.5 kg / 210.5 lbs (+5.05 / +11.1)

I'm one of those 5 teehee!

Hopefully a good chunk will be gone in 2 weeks just from the sudden shift in gears! I'm cheering you

18 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Given your hectic work schedule and all the traveling and stuff, maintaining is awesome! You did really well, and I agree, you can definitely get closer to 150 in two weeks. It's harder to lose a pound a week when you're already at a lower weight, and I really admire your healthy mindset about your progress and maintenance when life threw some curveballs in your plans. 

Thank you. I'm really trying and mindset is a constant battle. I've had many disordered thoughts about weight/fat loss, diets (both diet as in diet industry and diet as in "the typical French diet"), my body, my abilities. Most of my work with NF has been mindset related - being kinder to myself overall. It does help!

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

2 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Welcome back! I read your challenge page, and it sounds like you had a great time off. You have these two weeks, and you'll also have a countless amount of weeks ahead to reach your goals.

• Like 1

6/19: 174.8

6/26: 177.1

7/7: 175.3

7/10: 172.7

7/17: 170.2

7/24: 173.9

7/31: 173.1

8/7: 171.1

8/14: 171.7

8/20: 171.8

Ok, I'm slightly cheating this week, by using Sunday's weigh-in instead of Monday's.  But, I was traveling all of last week, and had limited choices for what I could eat.  I did my best, but it definitely wasn't my ideal.  Given all of that, I came home only 0.1 lbs heavier, which is awesome.  Also, though, I can tell things are out of sorts based on how I feel.  And Sunday night I ate something I don't normally eat (found a restaurant that had vegan grilled cheese!) that has definitely contributed to the being out of sorts and my weight jumped up on Monday.  Things are leveling out, though, so I'll be back to my normal schedule for weigh-ins next week.  Also, I had a great vacation (after the business trip), so that's nice too. :D

• Like 3

6/19: 79.8

6/26: 79.8

7/7: 78.1

7/10: 77.2

7/17: 77.1

7/24: 76.7

7/31: 77.5

8/7: 75.8

8/14: 76.0

8/20:  76.2

Another slight gain, but not unexpected given how chaotic life has been.

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Another slight gain, but not unexpected given how chaotic life has been.

It is only slight! You've got this 🎉Cheering you on and hoping the chaos calms down for you

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

bringing up some business:

I’d like to do one more of these  from September 11-November 27, and then we can take a break through December and meet up again in 2024. Does that sound good to everyone?  

I'm alright with whichever works best for the majority. As long as, if there is a break, this returns because I find it very helpful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darciana said:

I'm alright with whichever works best for the majority. As long as, if there is a break, this returns because I find it very helpful

I find it super helpful too!  Typically these follow the challenge schedules, right? Hmm, but we can extend this one to the end of the year to cover the end of the year mini challenge if that works better for everyone. It'll be like "Now with Bonus Holiday Weeks!" :D and anyone who needs a break can opt out. OOOOOH that could be nice to have each other's backs over holidays.  

• Like 1
On 8/27/2023 at 8:19 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

bringing up some business:

I’d like to do one more of these  from September 11-November 27, and then we can take a break through December and meet up again in 2024. Does that sound good to everyone?  

I am hoping that after 1 more I will pretty much get to where I want to be.  I expect that after the holidays I will need to do this again, though :D 

----------------

8/28: 76.0

Some more progress from last week.  It was even better yesterday but then had a huge dinner last night which brought me back up.  Still feeling pretty good about where I am

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am hoping that after 1 more I will pretty much get to where I want to be.  I expect that after the holidays I will need to do this again, though :D 

I'm really happy for you that you're so close to your goal! 

6/19: 240

6/26- 236.6

7/3- 237.5

7/10- 236.2

7/17-235.2

7/24-232

7/31- 231.6

8/7- 233.4
8/14-233.4
8/20-230.9

8/28- 230.6

A small decrease but it feels like a victory. Can I squeak past 230?  I'll do my best! It's still possible to reach my goal this week. :D 

• Like 4

6/19: 174.8

6/26: 177.1

7/7: 175.3

7/10: 172.7

7/17: 170.2

7/24: 173.9

7/31: 173.1

8/7: 171.1

8/14: 171.7

8/20: 171.8

8/28: 172.9

Ugh.  Apparently the gain last week I didn't record was real.  Because that where I've been all week.  Also, this week ended up being a lot crazier (mostly good, at least!) than expected, plus we didn't make it to the grocery store so have been eating out a lot, none of which is helping, I'm sure.

Things definitely go better for me when I eat a lot of produce.  The problem is, it's hard to eat a lot of it unless I plan really well, it's hard to keep it for more than a few days, and it get expensive when you buy a lot of it.  I like the idea, and plan to stick with it, but I need to plan better.  And then stick with that!

Edit: is anyone else having issues with the spreadsheet?  I'm looking at it using Google Sheets on my phone, and it's missing all the headings and maybe some of the columns!

• Like 4