shaar and the path to a hundred thousand punches

ZERO WEEK UPDATE

5a073f13044123c2c04bf32cf948e5f9.jpg

WOO FRIDAY

Pop Tv Wow GIF by Schitt's Creek

This week has been Something Else and I'm grateful I  am off today!!!! Sleeping has been an ongoing struggle with the weather, along with Shark Week, along with my stomach being fairly off-and-on upset all week (likely thanks to the heat and intensity of these shark week cramps like PHEW) so it's just been... urgh. Kind of a painful existence!

BUT TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF MY NEW KICKBOXING PROGRAMMING and I am excited but ALSO intimidated, I hope I can make it through 55 minutes of this without passing out, lawdamercy we will see.  I'm hoping to burn this out later this morning before lunch, so I can shower right after then have a Big Food, but we'll see how my energy levels go this morning after the coffee and breakfast.  Lately my breakfasts have been combos of various nuts, cheeses, and dried fruits, and while I feel a little bit like a mystical Skyfields Forest Dweller or something I also REALLY like it.  V. Tasty.

I'm not sure what else I'm going to tackle today... Friday is generally Towel Washing Day so I'll toss those in the laundry.  I need to do some tidying up around the house, vacuuming 100% must be done thanks to having a furry pet (it's neverending i tell ya), and later Ao and I will make a grocery list for tomorrow, but outside of that I may.... 

- Read a little?  HOWEVER I am currently in the midst of like 3 different books so maybe I should finish one of those? Before I start a new one?? 😅 People are always like shaar how can you READ multiple books at once but I assure you they are all very separate in my head and VERY different books - 1. A Court of Wings and Roses by SJM - 2. Yumi and the Nightmare Painter by Brandon Sanderson - 3. It Rides a Pale Horse by Andy Marino.  Sooo.. high fantasy/romance, urban-ish Asian-style fantasy, and Weird Small-Town Horror I guess?? Heheheheh... I finally got my library card and Libby accounts working again too so, ALL THE BOOKS!!!!!!

- Play some video games? I'm probably like 80% through Final Fantasy 16 so, like my book conundrum, I should PROBABLY finish that before starting something new.... I need to catch up a little in Honkai Star Rail too... I've had the itch to jump back into an MMO lately too (FFXIV? GW2? Something else?) so IDEK about that... plus there are some sweet new Switch games I want to buy... and some puzzle games on PS5... ugh... 

- Catch up on my BACKLOG OF ANIME ugh thanks Crunchyroll obsession... Ao and I are watching Jujutsu Kaisen together so I have to wait for him for that, but I need to watch the Entertainment District arc of Demon Slayer, and I've been digging into some old Fate/Zero lately, and I am also very interested in Vinland Saga..........

- Maybe pop to the farm stand? But it's also going to be NUCLEAR HOT today so honestly I'd like to stay inside as much as possible.  Bleh.

ANYWAYS that's me for now!!! I hope you all have a temperate and sunny (or rainy, if you love that more) Friday! ❤️ 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I love all of this for you!!

• Thanks 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

So glad to hear Ronin doesn't need to wear the cone of shame  Here's hoping all goes well for his Surgery next week

• Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

20 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I love all of this for you!!

YEE THANK YOUUUUU ❤️

19 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

I LOVE IT

Who knew there were SO MANY POKEMON (apparently a lot of people, bahahaha)

18 hours ago, Ahyar Dreamspark said:

ear-wiggle-miqote.gif.0c27c1805c21c8e836440a0cfe849eed.gif

Did someone say FFXIV?

Come back to the dark side  😆

(Y'know, never mind the fact that I was literally just ranting about shitty people ruining the FFXIV experience in my own thread, lol.)

HEHEHE here we are yes yes!!!

I'd been thinking about resubbing over the next few months, but now that Fanfest is happening and they announced the Dawntrail xpac for next summer, it's pretty much happening now XD  Time to catch up on MSQ patches!!

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

So glad to hear Ronin doesn't need to wear the cone of shame  Here's hoping all goes well for his Surgery next week

Meeeeeee too.  Thank you, this hopefully should be a much quicker and less chaotic time!

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey morning Shaar, did you read/video game/nap/film??? xx

I did play TWO different games and it was nice and relaxing hehehe!

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

ZERO WEEK UPDATE

Phew.  Day 1 kicked my BUTT.

image.png.ad75a0b34b567a60d331ac055643e048.png

image.png.d47f7a74c03d6d23e2a349f26e4bf62e.png

My shoulders fatigued FAST during the switch stance workout - which is odd for me - but I pushed through anyways and got the whole session done. It was hot and I was suffering a little bit (maybe more than a little??) but I did about 20 minutes of foam rolling afterwards and that helped a ton.

Definitely wiped me out for the rest of the day tho, so I played a little bit of Star Rail and then mostly worked on FFXVI (SO MANY SIDEQUESTS I just wanna go fight odin dude aaaaa) and made us some air fryer BBQ chicken thighs with fresh local corn on the cob for dinner and it was EXCELLENT. Ao brought back a lot of fresh veggies from the local market yesterday so I also have peaches (had one for breakfast and they are EXCELLENT), tomatoes, and cucumbers and I can't WAIT to slice up the tomatoes and cukes later for a fresh snack with a little bit of cheese!!

Once again sleep was ass in a basket thanks to heat and humidity so I'm feeling a little bit like a flat tire today. I SO cannot wait for the temps to go down next week! UGGGHHHHHH

Okokok time to work on the grocery list so I can get my butt out the door to get that done before my recovery session today!

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 2

2 hours ago, shaar said:

HEHEHE here we are yes yes!!!

I'd been thinking about resubbing over the next few months, but now that Fanfest is happening and they announced the Dawntrail xpac for next summer, it's pretty much happening now XD  Time to catch up on MSQ patches!!

YEEESSSS I watched the trailer last night and was all like DASDGAGAFGFSGFDHSFGFG!!!1 The only thing I am disappointed about re. this whole situation was that I didn't start playing FFXIV early enough to know that you had to enter a lottery to be able to get a ticket to FFXIV Fan Fest and I was unable to attend it in person lol.

I was at work when Fan Fest started and one of my friends who took the day off was giving me updates over Discord. When he said this exact line: "going to the New World we'll be engaging in exploration and a search for a lost city of gold" I pretty much lost my shit because this is practically the plot of my favorite childhood anime and now I have no idea how I'm going to wait for an entire YEAR for Dawntrail to be released 😧

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ahyar Dreamspark said:

YEEESSSS I watched the trailer last night and was all like DASDGAGAFGFSGFDHSFGFG!!!1 The only thing I am disappointed about re. this whole situation was that I didn't start playing FFXIV early enough to know that you had to enter a lottery to be able to get a ticket to FFXIV Fan Fest and I was unable to attend it in person lol.

I was at work when Fan Fest started and one of my friends who took the day off was giving me updates over Discord. When he said this exact line: "going to the New World we'll be engaging in exploration and a search for a lost city of gold" I pretty much lost my shit because this is practically the plot of my favorite childhood anime and now I have no idea how I'm going to wait for an entire YEAR for Dawntrail to be released 😧

If I remember correctly, way back in the day (before it was stupid popular) there were no lotteries, you just bought a ticket like any other ol' con and went.  I think the lottery system started after Covid happened? And after the game got crazy popular 😅 I was going to go to Fanfest in 2020 and cosplay Hien but then, covid.....

I AM SUPER stoked for the Warrior of Light visits Margaritaville and El Dorado HAHAHAHAAAA, after all the emotional trauma we endured we deserve tacos and pineapple drinks and TREASURE damnit!!

I will likely resub next month at this rate, I miss my stupid himbo loudmouthed monk Hyur......

image.png.f1a2a7cfa389489b25b8b553e6ec809b.png

image.png.29a0c51a53dfb357b99a8a4747a838a5.png

image.png.ffdef6718befc64c3a9d138844602dc4.png

my boy, my dude, my sweet stupid summer child..........................

Okokok enough nostalgia for now shaar you have OTHER VIDEO GAMES to finish first

IN TODAY'S UPDATE

It is humid as FUCK no matter how much I have the AC on and I am sticky and sweaty and generally IRRITABLE for it!!!!!! I went and did the groceries this morning and felt like I was trapped in a sealed Ziploc bag with a damp sponge in the center of the sun!!!! UGGHHHHHHHHHH.  We are expecting storms tonight that will hopefully kill this humidity, and then lower temps in the 70s moving on.... please weather gods... please......... save us???

I did get some great things at the store to cook dinners though!  I am off for 3 days next week and got ingredients for:

- Balsamic chicken salad with bacon, avocado, feta, and loads of fresh veggies

- Asian garlic soba with air fried shrimp

- QUESADILLA CASSEROLE (I will make this tomorrow so we can profit off of leftovers during the start of the work week!)

I also bought some more sweaty Gatorades and I am excited for them heheheh they are EXPENSIVE though, $2.75 A PIECE.  At least one sweaty Gatorade lasts me two workouts but sheesh.

And speaking of workouts I did my recovery session today, and grumbled the whole way through it because I was humid and sticky BUT I got it done!! I'm wary of tomorrow's workout kicking my butt but that will be tomorrow shaar's problem!

Have the best Saturday friends! ❤️ 

• Like 9

Ew humidity. We finally got some cooling down/humidity loss after over a week of nasty humidity as well. So glad it's cooler today!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope the humidity GOES AWAY cause that is awful.

57 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Ew humidity. We finally got some cooling down/humidity loss after over a week of nasty humidity as well. So glad it's cooler today!

It really is the worst.  SOUL SUCKING.  Finally here it's gone away, it's in the 70's and glorious today. ❤️ 

ZERO WEEK WRAPUP

8291209c330d6f34108295db75e2862b.jpg

Friends I am frickin' TIRED. 

Managed to complete today's workout tho - not my finest showing, and I subbed out the conditioning for recovery because I reallllllly needed it, but it is done and I am still on track.

Punch tracker sits at 10,026. Only 90k-ish to go!!.... 

I really don't want to do much else today.  I am sore as heck and outside of making our quesadilla casserole for dinner, I'm just going to be relaxing.  I also purchased us one of those deep tissue massage guns last week and using it on my legs has been painful but AMAZING, so I'm going to do that tonight while we watch whatever it is we choose to watch on TV.

Protein has been pretty decent.

Mental health has been okay-ish - I notice myself feeling wishy-washy sometimes and just kinda, go with it... gratitude helps, looking forward to things I am excited to see and do helps. The weather being better today DEFINITELY helps!!  And I will be getting outside more as the week goes on.

Other than that... I am staying the course!!! Going to check in on y'all before I go collapse on the couch for a bit heheheh HAPPY CHALLENGE START EVERYONE

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 3

So first up, I would like to have your basement gym, please and thank you.

I love that you're counting all of your punches, that's really cool! I look forward to seeing a very high number on that tracker.

On 7/29/2023 at 7:41 PM, shaar said:

- Balsamic chicken salad with bacon, avocado, feta, and loads of fresh veggies

- Asian garlic soba with air fried shrimp

- QUESADILLA CASSEROLE (I will make this tomorrow so we can profit off of leftovers during the start of the work week!)

This all sounds incredible - do you have recipes you can share?

• Like 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

16 hours ago, Jarric said:

So first up, I would like to have your basement gym, please and thank you.

I love that you're counting all of your punches, that's really cool! I look forward to seeing a very high number on that tracker.

This all sounds incredible - do you have recipes you can share?

Hehehe thank you!! It has been a labor of love (and finances) but we are lucky to have put it all together. Once cloning devices are invented reliably I will add you to the gym clone list!!

RECIPES!! I gotchu!!

This is the balsamic chicken salad - I generally add some hard boiled eggs to it too.

https://cafedelites.com/blt-balsamic-chicken-avocado-feta-salad/

Here is the Asian garlic noodles - I haven’t made this yet but it seems p straightforward! Toss some teriyaki shrimp in the air fryer and BAM dinner ~
https://theforkedspoon.com/asian-garlic-noodles/

Quesadilla casserole I made last night IT WAS AMAZING and I have leftovers for lunch heheheheh

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233923/mexican-quesadilla-casserole/

13 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

THE ART

This is all 1000000% My Aesthetic and I have a LARGE Pinterest board ready and waiting XD

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

Hey Shaar!

What does the tissue gun help with? Aches?

My legs arent great, achillies hurting and calf muscle i get like spiky pain every now and again. Would the gun thing help that? xx

So from my research I’m equating theragun usage to more like deep tissue massage therapy to decrease deep muscle knots and improve range of motion/fascial release in specific trouble areas… they can be pretty pricey so I wouldn’t really jump on one unless you’ve exhausted other muscle soreness options like traditional massage and foam rolling and even consistent mobility work and stretching! 

It is also PAINFUL so yeah maybe slow and steady for that heheh…

Coming back real quick to edit this post and suggest maybe starting a slow stretching regimen just targeted at your calves - with all the walking you do calves can tighten up REAL FAST and cause issues for adjoining areas like Achilles etc… calf work and some ankle mobility would likely be helpful!!!! ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • That's Metal 1

20 minutes ago, shaar said:

RECIPES!! I gotchu!!

Awesome, thank you! Already shown them to WW and I'm planning to make the salad later this week (I'm a big fan of any salad where the first ingredient is bacon :lol: )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Hey, so down here in NC, the heat is bullshit and it's humid and my landlord likes to keep us hot because he doesn't want to shell out for A/C, and unfortunately I have to get my steps, so I go outside and get humidified and come back to little or no relief. The answer, so far, has been cold showers. Which sounds miserable, but! But! Here's the thing! Because it's so friggin' hot, we don't actually have cold water, so once the initial burst is past, the temperature actually mellows out some and it becomes kind of pleasant. It helps a lot more than I would have thought before trying it.

I respect that there's a major mental hump to get over to take cold showers, and if it's not for you, it's not for you, but it helped me. Maybe it'd help you too?

20 hours ago, shaar said:

8291209c330d6f34108295db75e2862b.jpg

Hey, yeah, so, who's the artist? Where you finding these? I think they're really cool and I want to follow those people too. :)

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Jarric said:

Awesome, thank you! Already shown them to WW and I'm planning to make the salad later this week (I'm a big fan of any salad where the first ingredient is bacon :lol: )

BACON always!!! I like to use thick cut bacon for this salad too.

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

Hey, so down here in NC, the heat is bullshit and it's humid and my landlord likes to keep us hot because he doesn't want to shell out for A/C, and unfortunately I have to get my steps, so I go outside and get humidified and come back to little or no relief. The answer, so far, has been cold showers. Which sounds miserable, but! But! Here's the thing! Because it's so friggin' hot, we don't actually have cold water, so once the initial burst is past, the temperature actually mellows out some and it becomes kind of pleasant. It helps a lot more than I would have thought before trying it.

I respect that there's a major mental hump to get over to take cold showers, and if it's not for you, it's not for you, but it helped me. Maybe it'd help you too?

Hey, yeah, so, who's the artist? Where you finding these? I think they're really cool and I want to follow those people too. :)

I lived in Wilmington for about 8 years! 10000% do not miss that humidity…  dude I cannot imagine not having AC there. Good grief you are a CHAMPION.

The shower thing makes sense!! I do take colder showers than usual lately - I honestly don’t mind them - but since we don’t have central AC here it’s always just kinda a little extra ~damp~ and warm regardless. Blechhhhh.

All the cool art I find is on Pinterest, which IMO is kinda the “telephone game” of art - people can upload anything from anywhere to their boards, so tracking it down on places like Artstation or what have you can be tough unless you do a reverse Google search and cross your fingers maybe. The actual web link for the piece above should be this (I’m on mobile so we’ll see if it translates)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/970244313445060777/

( edit it is the WRONG picture link but it is still a cool pirate art I saved to one of my boards idk how mobile works)

The decent thing about Pinterest is if you add enough stuff to a board it’ll start recommending similar stuff thanks to something something algorithm!

Hello friends it is Monday and I am flat out spacey and exhausted at work. I was so deep asleep this morning that Ao woke me up in the middle of a dream where I was making corn “dinner” ice cream with some kind of vinaigrette dressing???? I have NO IDEA but I’m still in that strange state so….. 

MMM CORN ICE CREAM

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, shaar said:

CORN ICE CREAM

I am not 100% sure but I think I may have actually come across this before.  I did not have any but garlic ice cream was better than I expected so who knows

• Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

12 hours ago, shaar said:

All the cool art I find is on Pinterest, which IMO is kinda the “telephone game” of art - people can upload anything from anywhere to their boards, so tracking it down on places like Artstation or what have you can be tough unless you do a reverse Google search and cross your fingers maybe.

Yeah, that's what I did, but I think got them. I do believe their art name is Ibuki Satsuki. I need to make a point of gathering the internet art I like in one place. Hunting it down is inconvenient. :D

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Saw this and thought of you.

In honor of the immanence of spoopy season:

image.png

Holy crap I love this so much. I’m printing it out and putting it at my desk. Today I am feeling like LIL TOOTER

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am not 100% sure but I think I may have actually come across this before.  I did not have any but garlic ice cream was better than I expected so who knows

I have had this!!!!!

image.jpeg.419f3e214fac0a883ca74374fd96c417.jpeg

I got it from our H Mart, it is Korean corn ice cream and it tastes 50% like a sweet vanilla ice cream but also 50% like actual corn, and it does have kernels in it too, which was a little surprising, but not as terrible as you would think. I wanted to stop eating it on principle but just kept taking oneeee more bite..

Garlic ice cream……. I dunno about that one……..

8 hours ago, Kishi said:

Yeah, that's what I did, but I think got them. I do believe their art name is Ibuki Satsuki. I need to make a point of gathering the internet art I like in one place. Hunting it down is inconvenient. :D

OOOOO good find!! Yeah it is a pain for sure and inconvenient especially with how many art sites are out there and not being in the know leaves me at a SEARCH HANDICAP I feel…

• Like 5

On 7/28/2023 at 7:11 AM, shaar said:

Read a little?  HOWEVER I am currently in the midst of like 3 different books so maybe I should finish one of those? Before I start a new one?? 😅 People are always like shaar how can you READ multiple books at once but I assure you they are all very separate in my head and VERY different books - 1. A Court of Wings and Roses by SJM - 2. Yumi and the Nightmare Painter by Brandon Sanderson - 3. It Rides a Pale Horse by Andy Marino.  Sooo.. high fantasy/romance, urban-ish Asian-style fantasy, and Weird Small-Town Horror I guess?? Heheheheh... I finally got my library card and Libby accounts working again too so, ALL THE BOOKS!!!!!!

I've not really ever been one to have numerous reading projects, but turns out when I have the task of reading my own book, I go scrounging for literally anything, and get frustrated that it's not what I'm looking for because it doesn't have the aspect of responsibility attached? On the other hand, I really ought to finish "The Frugal Wizard's Handguide to Surviving Medieval England" because it was fun and I want to read all the secret projects. 😅 In the meantime, Scholomance finally got its hook in, so I'm aiming at finishing that in the next two weeks, and Curse of Strahd remains important to stay ahead in now that I'm running the game. 😳 

More books at once than I'm used to, for sure. 😅

• Like 3

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace