Cheetah Challenge

My current mode is strictly survival.

I know every time someone says they don't have time to work out, a bunch of people will reply with methods for doing work when you don't have time.  I'm not strictly opposed to those methods, I just have a really hard time doing them.

Regular workouts of the typical variety are out of the question.  My schedule just doesn't allow for it.  The best thing I might be able to do is some light calisthenics a few times a day at work.  I know that would be better than nothing, but it's hard to avoid comparing myself to other people, and to what I really want to be doing, and it's hard not to feel defeated when I can do so little.  Maybe the real challenge is getting past the mental block to the point where I'm doing something rather than nothing.

Okay, that sounds reasonable.  I'm going to try to do something, anything, every day, and report here when I have done.  

• Like 3

Level 48 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

11 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Maybe the real challenge is getting past the mental block to the point where I'm doing something rather than nothing.

An excellent insight. Something>Nothing

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Maybe the real challenge is getting past the mental block to the point where I'm doing something rather than nothing

Very good. I support this.

Go Ahead Yes GIF

• Like 1

🌹❄️ Inside we're torn apart, but time will mend our hearts ...so let's just live 🔥🖤

Last Challenge: Fox and the Imaginary Seaside Summer | Current Challenge: Fox Keeps it Simple (with RWBY gifs)

Is anyone going to be at GenCon this year?  I'll be there on Sunday.

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

22 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

Nicely done! 

For accountability purposes, how often do you want poked about forum updates? 

Daily is good.  Sylph nudged me on the discord this morning and that was perfect.  Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

Last night I took a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.  This was kind of a big deal because I made the time to do it in a time that I normally would not.  Taking time to take care of myself is very difficult for me to do.

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

KBO. - Churchill

3 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Taking time to take care of myself is very difficult for me to do.

It really takes a lot of mental goading to do sometimes, doesn't it.  I'm glad you took that walk, I hope it helped you feel a little better, AND I'm glad you came here to tell us about it!!!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

13 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Last night I took a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.  This was kind of a big deal because I made the time to do it in a time that I normally would not.  Taking time to take care of myself is very difficult for me to do.

I'm proud of you for doing it. That is an important skill.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I've noticed that I'll often say "I don't have time" for a thing.

In reality, I haven't made the time.

Good for you for making the time.

Last night I took a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.  I felt better about doing it so that was good.

• Like 5

KBO. - Churchill

Last night I took a walk around the neighborhood for to min .

• Like 2

KBO. - Churchill

Yesterday I went to GenCon.  I walked the entire exhibit hall.

GenCon haul:  three sets of dice, a whiteboard battle map thing, a killer dragon t-shirt, and a big organizer/carry case for dungeonmastering (one of my players bought it for me).  Pretty good loot this year!

• Like 4

KBO. - Churchill

On 8/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, Artemis Prime said:

Let's see those dice!

I'll have to get pics tonight.  🙂

Last I walked around the neighborhood.  I probably shouldn't have; on the heels of gencon it was a lot and now my knees are a bit sore.  I'll do something else for a few days and let them rest.

• Like 4

KBO. - Churchill