March 29th, 2021 - 'Time to live a normal life' thought Vidd, as he gave one last look at his base he'd built back in 2020, before closing it up for good. It had been months now since he'd turned 30. Not old, but not young either. The pressures of life had begun to weigh on him. Maybe Seattle did not need heroes? Maybe now, he could finally rest and hang up the name Vidd forever and become a normal civilian. He walked away, and went on with his life. At first it was fine. He began skipping the gym, only going if he felt like it. Diet and nutrition fell by the wayside as well, relying primarily on microwavable meals. This newfound time allowed him to work longer hours at work, spend more time with friends, family, and girlfriend. After being locked up for so long it felt great... until it didn't. He would wake up with aches and pains he never had before. His body felt tight and stiff, and even going for longer than usual walks, he'd feel winded. Not only that, but the environment in which he lived began to feel less safe. Something was wrong, something was missing....

July 23rd, 2023 - On the way home from work, Vidd made a detour to stop at what appeared to be an old abandoned warehouse. He looked around to be sure he was alone, before lifting up the door, and turning on the generator. Memories flooded him as it lit up,  covered in dust from misuse, but mostly in order. He walked inside, and knew what he had to do. No longer would he live this normal life... It was time to get back to work.

aae0c865b34e0deb1850eaeb054b19868fbd4d13

Hey all, so this is my first challenge after being gone for a little over two years. I lost focus on a lot of my health oriented goals when the world began opening up again. This challenge is going to be pretty comprehensive and it's similar to my battle log goals I just thought a challenge would be better. I'll be building strength, cardio endurance, flexibility, time management, and studying for a major exam. My aim for this challenge is for me to lay the groundwork for anything I decide I want to pursue. I'll be using a task manager app that will track my success in each goal, and each week I'm going to give stats on how I did. So here are the goals for the challenge:

Rebuild the Base - 10 minutes minimum cleaning per day. I think this'll add up quick over time. A clean work station will help me in all the other goals.

Nimbleness - 15 minutes stretching per day. I'll likely do even more than this because this has gotten so bad with my sedentary lifestyle.

Intellect - 2 hours study minimum per day. Aug 31st I sit for my final section of the CPA exam for accounting. Passing this would be life changing for me.

Agility - 20 minutes cardio per day. Starting off with the bicycle until I can do the elliptical without my heart rate getting too high.

Training - Gym daily, I am running a body part split so that the workout is new and fresh each day and so I have a reason to go daily and build the habit.

Meal Prep - Batch cook lunches Thursday and Sunday. This will help stop my dependence on packaged microwavable foods.

Recovery - Sleep 7+ hours a day

I'm pretty excited to see how this goes. I think if I can get ~90% of these done daily I'll have this exam behind me, and I can start feeling like my old self again too health-wise :)

• Like 5

Here with supportive vibes as someone else who's recommitting after an absence. 

As a nerd who likes tracking and quantifying things (with charts!), I have to ask: which app are you using?

Good luck for the CPA exam. I took several post-bac accounting courses a few years back (at UMass Lowell, in the US) to help me better understand the financials of a nonprofit where I was on the BoD, and it was interesting stuff, but I also distinctly recall being relieved I wouldn't need to sit the CPA exam in order to meet the needs of my role, because it seemed like a beast of an undertaking. That being said, I know people who've done it, and it seems like you've got the commitment and plan in place needed to pass it. Sending all the good luck and solidarity your way.

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

Thank you for the support!

I'm using Habitica, it's a task manager with rpg elements. So each time I check off a daily I get gold and xp that I can use on different cosmetics for my character. It's very simple to use but unfortunately the one thing it is lacking are the charts haha. I found a site that lets me generate some more detailed stats so I am going to be using that to provide updates on my challenge progress. At some point I may seek out a different app, but this is an upgrade from what I used to do which was carry around those pocket spiralbound notepads.

Yeah the CPA is definitely a beast. It's been the hardest goal I've ever set for myself but I'm at the finish line now, I just need to do my best these next 30 days. If I don't pass, I still have until June before I lose credit for the first exam I passed. Still, with how year end is as an accountant it'd be wonderful to be done with it right now.

• Like 1

Hi, here to follow and support :) 

Good luck with the CPA exam.  I have a couple of siblings who are CPAs so I know how tough it is. 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Quick update on how things have been going past day and a half or so. So far I'm hitting every goal and even getting some side quests done. During my 10 minutes of cleaning I stumbled across a check for $29 for some sort of settlement that I had intended to deposit months ago. Turns out I only had about a week to do that until it was void, so I ran up to the ATM and got that done. So already a small benefit to this daily quest.

Today was back day and I also hit a few sets of biceps since it is a lagging muscle group. Here was the workout:

4 Sets of wide grip pullups supersetted with close grip neutral grip pullups

4 Sets of underhand grip machine rows dropsetted

4 Sets of cable lat pullovers

3 Sets of incline curls

What is missing here are the back extensions but I couldn't get to the machines, there was a group occupying them almost the entire time I was there, so I may throw in some lower back work tomorrow on the shoulder day. I'm also going to count today as a win for cardio even though I cut it short at 19 min since the employee told me a car jacking just happened outside and the description sounded similar to my car. I lucked out and my car was still there. I use a steering wheel club as an annoyance to would be thieves so maybe that had something to do with it.

My mindset right now going into this, is to let myself get immersed in the super hero narrative/roleplay I'm creating in my head. It's pretty effective at making seemingly mundane chores into something that is of the utmost importance. This internal dialogue is going to be key to keep me entertained during such a period of grind. All I need to do is keep telling myself that the compound effect of these seemingly tiny things day after day will build into something great.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
14 hours ago, Vidd said:

All I need to do is keep telling myself that the compound effect of these seemingly tiny things day after day will build into something great.

A good thing to tell yourself, and also (as a side bonus) totally true!

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Alright so this isn't going to be a great look. Last entry I was talking about how motivated I was, but yesterday I had a run-in with my kryptonite. It could have been worse, but what happened was, while I did hit some of my goals, I didn't even make it to the gym because I ran out of time. I wish it was due to something legitimate that came up, but it was due to a video game... World of Warcraft. Before returning to these forums a friend got me back into the game. I began tanking dungeons for him and started to really regain my skills and then some. There is a rating system in the game for those who have never played or haven't played in a long time for dungeons and I was pretty high up there for demon hunter tanks, and when I saw people passing me up I felt compelled to hop online and do some harder dungeons. 😤

Anyway... Fortunately I've come to my senses again, and today I've hit every goal. I need to stay away from that game because it's not something I find easy to pick up and put down. It absorbs hours upon hours and if I'm to make this comeback, I need to be fully committed. So nothing else to report for now, but this will explain the missed day when I post my stats for the week. At some point it'll be great to find a way to be able to enjoy gaming as a hobby again but first I need to be in a better place fitness and healthwise.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Vidd said:

Alright so this isn't going to be a great look. Last entry I was talking about how motivated I was, but yesterday I had a run-in with my kryptonite. It could have been worse, but what happened was, while I did hit some of my goals, I didn't even make it to the gym because I ran out of time. I wish it was due to something legitimate that came up, but it was due to a video game... World of Warcraft. Before returning to these forums a friend got me back into the game. I began tanking dungeons for him and started to really regain my skills and then some. There is a rating system in the game for those who have never played or haven't played in a long time for dungeons and I was pretty high up there for demon hunter tanks, and when I saw people passing me up I felt compelled to hop online and do some harder dungeons. 😤

Anyway... Fortunately I've come to my senses again, and today I've hit every goal. I need to stay away from that game because it's not something I find easy to pick up and put down. It absorbs hours upon hours and if I'm to make this comeback, I need to be fully committed. So nothing else to report for now, but this will explain the missed day when I post my stats for the week. At some point it'll be great to find a way to be able to enjoy gaming as a hobby again but first I need to be in a better place fitness and healthwise.

Props to you for owning it and recalibrating. It happens to everyone, so don't beat yourself up. I used to play a lot of WoW many years ago (I actually met my partner because we were both in the same raiding guild in 2007...now it's 2023 and nerd love still endures) so I know how much of a rabbit hole it can be. Don't be scared to experiment with different systems, like maybe if you meet all your goals for X days, you can run Y number of dungeons or play for Z number of hours, or whatever. Finding a way to incorporate our "vices" into our healthy lifestyles is powerful if we can make it work.

• Like 1

Just now, Severine said:

Props to you for owning it and recalibrating. It happens to everyone, so don't beat yourself up. I used to play a lot of WoW many years ago (I actually met my partner because we were both in the same raiding guild in 2007...now it's 2023 and nerd love still endures) so I know how much of a rabbit hole it can be. Don't be scared to experiment with different systems, like maybe if you meet all your goals for X days, you can run Y number of dungeons or play for Z number of hours, or whatever. Finding a way to incorporate our "vices" into our healthy lifestyles is powerful if we can make it work.

Wow that's pretty cool I actually know quite a few people who met the one during raiding. Yeah the idea I am toying with is, the task manager app I am using allows me to set a gold price for an IRL reward. So once I get used to how much gold I can earn per week I could buy hours of gametime. It'd be a way to ensure my goals are done first.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Vidd said:

Wow that's pretty cool I actually know quite a few people who met the one during raiding. Yeah the idea I am toying with is, the task manager app I am using allows me to set a gold price for an IRL reward. So once I get used to how much gold I can earn per week I could buy hours of gametime. It'd be a way to ensure my goals are done first.

Yeah, it was hard to explain to our families, especially for me since I was a bit of a closet gamer (I was in law school at the time and trying to project serious professional vibes, so I didn't exactly advertise my WoW habit), but in the end my family completely fell in love with him.  And yeah, I know a few couples who met raiding. My former guild leader met her husband raiding, and when they got married in Seattle 8 years ago, former guildies flew from all over North America for the wedding (many of us had become really good IRL friends - I still talk to some of them on the regular in a Discord we set up). It was a great time, although it was pretty funny mingling with their family at the reception, and they'd ask, "So how do you know Bride and Groom?" and I was like..."Uh, we killed dragons together on the internet"  :D 

I think the reward currency sounds smart, as long as you can stick to it. But you've already shown that you have the ability to admit it and correct it when things go off the rails, so the risk of experimenting is lower if you know you have that power.

As for doing goals first, even though it's sometimes challenging, I honestly feel like leisure time is so much more legit enjoyable if I have my obligations out of the way first. Then it feels like I deserve to have fun, and I can fully relax, you know? If I am avoiding some task and playing a game or whatever, the awareness of that undone task just eats at me so I don't really enjoy the fun thing as much as I should. If you're the same, try to reframe doing the goals first as a favour you're doing yourself so that the fun stuff is actually 100% fun.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 11:19 PM, Severine said:

Yeah, it was hard to explain to our families, especially for me since I was a bit of a closet gamer (I was in law school at the time and trying to project serious professional vibes, so I didn't exactly advertise my WoW habit), but in the end my family completely fell in love with him.  And yeah, I know a few couples who met raiding. My former guild leader met her husband raiding, and when they got married in Seattle 8 years ago, former guildies flew from all over North America for the wedding (many of us had become really good IRL friends - I still talk to some of them on the regular in a Discord we set up). It was a great time, although it was pretty funny mingling with their family at the reception, and they'd ask, "So how do you know Bride and Groom?" and I was like..."Uh, we killed dragons together on the internet"  :D 

I think the reward currency sounds smart, as long as you can stick to it. But you've already shown that you have the ability to admit it and correct it when things go off the rails, so the risk of experimenting is lower if you know you have that power.

As for doing goals first, even though it's sometimes challenging, I honestly feel like leisure time is so much more legit enjoyable if I have my obligations out of the way first. Then it feels like I deserve to have fun, and I can fully relax, you know? If I am avoiding some task and playing a game or whatever, the awareness of that undone task just eats at me so I don't really enjoy the fun thing as much as I should. If you're the same, try to reframe doing the goals first as a favour you're doing yourself so that the fun stuff is actually 100% fun.

That's pretty cool I've attended a few ingame weddings haha but never met up in person. An officer in my old guild got his fiancee both an engagement ring, and an engagement mount. He'd somehow found a seller for the Magic Rooster Egg for the rooster mount, and surprised her with it. We were all surprised too cause how the heck did he get such a rare mount lol. I really like that reframing. If I get what I need to get done first I can fully enjoy my freetime with a sense of peace. Otherwise there is a nagging guilt present in the back of my mind that will spoil a lot of the enjoyment I could be getting out of that activity.

August 5th, 2023 - Two weeks had now passed since rediscovering his alter ego. Vidd's newfound determination led him to vanishing within his base each and every day as part of a grueling training arc to regain his abilities. The first task on his list was studying. He delved into the world of crime, gathering knowledge on the various gangs and corrupt syndicates that plagued his city. Vidd knew that intelligence was just as important as strength. After an intense session of studying, Vidd moved on to his daily workout routine. He pushed his body to the limits utilizing a wide variety of movements to ready himself for any encounter. Next came the task of cleaning his secret base. Years of neglect had left it in a state of disarray. Vidd scrubbed away the dust and grime, restoring the place to its former glory. Stretching became an integral part of Vidd's routine as well. He needed to be flexible, capable of evading danger and traversing treacherous terrains and scaling tall buildings. As he looked at himself in a dusty mirror, he wasn't seeing any changes yet but he understood that the physical manifestation of who he was in his head would always lag behind the person who already existed in his mind. Consistency was key, and his journey was just starting...

f95bfdb37257f04d57f355bf8e49b7d1.gif

Alright week one update! I think this week went pretty well. Here are my stats for the week:

image.png.479e82e2002dc24e82be65bae271fc01.png

Overall I hit nearly every daily except for that one day on Tuesday where I let myself get carried away with gaming. Friday I missed out on studying due to feeling so fatigued at the end of work which brings me to something that I'm going to be adjusting in week 2. Sleep looks like I'm absolutely killing it, but in actuality... not really. I have been trying to push things to their limits. I'll go to bed exactly 7 hours before I need to wake up, but it's not like I'm instantly sleeping moment my head hits the pillow. 7 hours is supposed to be a minimum for me. I function best on 8 or 9 hours, and I estimate I got maybe 6 and a half hours of sleep a day. The new daily is be in bed at minimum, 7 1/2 hours before bed.

As far as physical changes go not a lot to report. It's only been a week or two since I've committed to getting my health back on track. I still feel like the tinman even with all the stretching. The two health issues I hope to resolve with my recommitment to fitness is for my back and right leg to hurt less. I've had some herniated discs in the past and my body has really tightened up as a result and so I want to feel like my body is mobile again, and pain free. Second is, I noticed about 4-5 hours after lunch, I start to feel irritable and dizzy, and extremely hungry for carbs. I'm thinking its a blood sugar issue and it's something new I've been dealing with so it is scary that this might advance into something serious. So yeah that is all for now, motivation is still super high hopefully I can avoid falling off mid-challenge when the motivation starts to wane.

• Like 2
On 8/3/2023 at 12:47 AM, Vidd said:

due to a video game... World of Warcraft.

Oh, I've been there.  Buying game time with tasks completed worked pretty well for me, and I hope you can find the balance between Azeroth and "RL" activities.  

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

Hey all, quick mid-week update on how things have been going so far. This week is off to a shaky start, I'm not hitting every daily like I should be. Yesterday looked pretty bad. Sometimes when I get off from work my brain is just mush, especially if it was a harder day.

Yesterday was one of those days. I studied for an hour and a half, and got to bed 7 hours before I needed to wake up. I could have studied for 2 hours at the expense of sleep, so I can at least check that box, but this is where my highly specific goals can backfire. Sometimes doing a little of both(Some study, more sleep) is better than doing just one, even if it means I can't check off either task. But an even better thing is for me to just not procrastinate then I am not even in this dilemma haha.

This may seem a little early to be noticing changes but keep in mind I started making these changes a week before the challenges officially started. Not a lot has changed in the mirror, but I feel a bit more agile on my feet. One thing I've really committed to without fail, and this is perhaps the first time I've managed to do this so consistently, is the stretching. I swear I made stretching a goal in a previous challenge but it really went nowhere. But I think knowing my character in that task manager app is going to lose HP if I don't do it, combined with how easy it is to fit in that task in my day, it's just some easy low hanging fruit to give me an easy win for the day.

Today went great. Knocked off every task on my list, and I feel especially accomplished because Thursday is also one of my meal prep nights so that meant I had to get moving even quicker to fit everything in since prepping these meals takes at least 30-40 minutes. Right now I am cooking stirfrys and loading them up with healthy veggies, lots of seasoning, Jasmine rice, and then I switch out the meat choice to mix things up. I try to keep a lot of my other meals quick. My post workout meal for example, and this might sound gross but don't knock it til you try it lol, but to cut down on my sugar intake I've been buying plain greek yogurt. At first I hated it and thought I'd made a mistake buying it, and maybe I needed to go back to the sugary fruity kind. But then for science I decided to just drop a scoop of chocolate protein powder in there, add a little bit of water just so it could mix, and boom, chocolate flavored yogurt, now with more protein added.

My workout went alright, I don't know about everyone else but, my gym has been packed lately. It's very difficult to get a hold of any equipment right now. So what I did was once I locked down a piece of equipment instead of just doing 3 sets I did 5 sets of that one exercise, and I basically just did more sets of my key lifts for that workout, versus the greater exercise selection that I had planned. My hope is as college starts back up again, my town gym starts to quiet down, but if not I may need to consider morning workouts, and as a night owl, I shudder at the very idea of this...

• Like 1

Congrats on the good day. I have a very visceral dislike of plain yogurt ever since my sister tricked me into eating a giant spoonful of it as a kid, but dressing it up with a bit of protein powder sounds possibly manageable.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

August 12th, 2023 - As the weeks continued to pass, Vidd became increasingly harder to reach after work hours due to maintaining his dual life. His research led him to a disturbing conclusion: The criminal activity in his city was far more organized than he could have imagined, and a lot of how they obtained their illicit wealth was concealed behind manipulated numbers and hidden transactions. Not only that, but he knew very soon, once he was back in shape, that he would then need to begin training to defend himself. All of this took resources and knowledge. His studies for the CPA exam would need to consume him for the time being. His civilian job would be the vehicle to which he would acquire the funds to upgrade his base, hire trainers to help him on his quest, and have the knowledge required to detect fraud.  With his remaining time off, he submitted a full two weeks off leading up to his exam. Until then, he would continue to check goals off the list, building himself up brick by brick.

tumblr_mbw7u3BqI71rj1epno1_500.gif

Week 2 of the challenge, and I'm doing my best to somehow try to make accounting seem interesting :D Here is how the past week went:

image.png.f9019c0a605d6b6d33afc35f205b208a.png

For some reason I was expecting this week to not look so good. I think because Saturday I started off on the wrong foot, but when I look at the week as a whole, I was doing pretty good. Weird thing about this daily chart though, is Tuesday is nearly blank for all activities. Not sure how this happened, it should be either an X or a Green check hmm... This coming week it's going to be business as usual. I'm going to stick to these same goals and try to stave off the building fatigue. However, once this week is done I've taken time off of work to focus solely on my studies leading up to the exam on the 31st. In order for me to check off my Study daily during that time, I will need to study 8 hours each day.

If I do this, and let's say I sleep 8 hours each night, I will still have 8 hours to handle my other tasks, and then the rest will be for finding a way to relax and let my brain recover. Maybe I'll let myself play some video games, or spend time with my dog.

• Like 1

I'm loving the narrative you're building. I'm also recently returned from time away from NF and maintaining 'me' and am refitting myself with this challenge too. I look forward to continuing to follow along as you knock out your goals! Best of luck with the exam prep and rebuilding your secret base.

• Like 1

LVL 31 Nerd. 280lbs and losing.

Challenges: 1st [B-], 2nd [NA], (6 years away),  3rd [A-], 4th (Current)

Spoiler

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
( Don't wait for the ideal circumstances, get to work NOW)

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one. Always the next step.

There's little difference btw exercise and black magic. Both of them hurt your body at first and drain you of energy, but the more you dabble in it the more powerful you become.

On 8/12/2023 at 8:24 PM, Kalitraz said:

I'm loving the narrative you're building. I'm also recently returned from time away from NF and maintaining 'me' and am refitting myself with this challenge too. I look forward to continuing to follow along as you knock out your goals! Best of luck with the exam prep and rebuilding your secret base.

Thanks for the support, we've got this come back! It's hard cause I feel like I've fallen back so many steps but just have to believe that we'll bounce back with enough consistency.

Quick update for the day. I had another discovery while cleaning the base. But instead of money I found a barely used tub of preworkout. I vaguely remember purchasing it right before I fell off the fitness wagon but unfortunately it expired 4 months ago and was hard as chalk 😕  I could have at least used it as a tasty drink to start my day as something different than just coffee. Either way, another reminder how important it is to keep my base situated.

Studying has been alright I've got my two hours in for each day of the weekend but I feel a shred of guilt because I know I can do more on these days. I slept in late both Saturday and Sunday. Tonight however, I'm going to make sure to make it into the gym. And if I don't, well, guess I'll have some explaining to do when I post my weekly update next Saturday. **10PM Edit, looks like I am infact, not making it to the gym lol. I'm really feeling stressed about the exam so I'm going to get more study time in tonight.

Another thing on my to-do list this week is, it's my final week before my days off. My plan is to stock up on anything I might need and finish off any errands. I'm thinking of some energy bars to give me a pick me up during long periods of study inbetween my real meals, a full tank of gas, haircut, more frozen chicken, veggies. Basically I want to make sure I can fully lock in and finish this beast of an exam off once and for all.

• Like 1

Whelp I am up late again studying so not going to hit my sleep goal. I did get in nearly double my study goal for the day, close to 4 hours.

I did make it to the gym tonight. I saw something I don't think I've ever seen before. I'm usually pretty zoned in to my own workout but it was just as I walked into the gym and a girl was literally running on the stairmaster like one would a treadmill. Absolutely insane cardio endurance. Kind of felt like an rpg where you encounter a high level character lol. I think it would be cool to work up to that but I also have to solve an injury to my left foot before I start working on running/sprinting. The joint in my big toe is very unflexible and because of that I feel moderate pain just through normal walking. It's something I've put off getting checked out due to my focus on this exam the past year. This foot has been injured 3 times now. Once in karate lessons as a child, second time me jamming it into the carpet to try to crack my knuckles(so stupid but I was like 12 lol) and then more recently, back in 2020, I failed to bail out of a handstand pushup properly and somehow reinjured it.

Anyway enough about that just need to give some background as next challenge may be me recovering from whatever needs to be done to get this fixed. If I am out, I hope it'll only be for a month at most cause I want to keep up my momentum in returning to fitness.

Tonight was a chest workout, and as usual I like to fit in a free weight movement, bodyweight movement, machine, and cables. Basically all forms of resistance.

4 Sets Incline DB Presses

3 Sets Dips superset with pushups

3 Sets Machine Chest Press dropsets

3 Sets high cable flyes

Workout was quick, in and out in about 40 minutes.

• Like 2

Hey all, stopping by for another update on how things are going. So far the only goal I've stuck with without fail has been the stretching. This week when I do my Saturday weekly update is going to look pretty spotty. I've been dragging. Right now it's been extremely hot out, even at night, and so I've been lucky to get 4-5 hours of sleep each night. But, even if things are not proceeding perfectly I need to keep marching forward.

I've actually been getting 3-4 hours of study each night. I'm starting to really lock in now that I am getting closer. This exam is the final boss. The culmination of over a years worth of sacrifice. And I'd say even more, because it's felt like a monkey on my back ever since I graduated. And that was 6 years ago now. So this has been weighing on me for a long time now. I really want to pass and be done with it. At the same time, call me crazy but being done with it is scary in itself, because then I need to ask myself, what is next? I've had to do that once before and it was difficult. In my early 20s I had a goal that basically took over my life, and when I achieved it I was like well crap what do I do now? lol

No workout tonight, my body does not have the energy and I think right now I'm going to end the night with some more studies, and pray that I can get more than five hours of sleep tonight.

• Like 3

August 18th, 2023 - It was Friday afternoon, and Vidd had just closed his laptop for the day. Everything had led up to this moment. It was time to go dark. For the next two weeks he would go silent from the world, his only contact being a little known organization known as the Rebellion, where he would check in with like-minded individuals. He'd made progress these past few weeks, but in order to truly break the mold, it wasn't enough to live a double life. He needed to live his identity full time - for two weeks straight, uninterrupted. Vidd arrived at his base, fully stocked with everything he might need for this transformation to occur. Vidd approached his desk, and turned on the console, multiple holographic images would appear, all providing the necessary knowledge needed to attain his credentials but more importantly, bring him one step closer to his ultimate goal.
141318.gif

Alright so this is the introduction to the final stretch of this challenge. This is a boss battle, and my challenge is going to reach a new level of difficulty that if I can somehow manage to hang on, then I think I've got a good shot at finally closing the book on the CPA forever. But first, here is last week's summary:

image.png.26b4e51f6cf002b61531238ebe95dacf.png

So, a lot of red X's here. I struggled this past week. I only made it to the gym 3 days out of the week, and only two of those did I do my cardio. What I can point to is that there was a lot of pockets of time in which I literally did nothing. I'd get off work fatigued, and end up watching youtube or doing something on my phone to decompress, but minutes would turn into an hour+, and the bad thing about this type of activity for me is that I can't say I'm enjoying myself that much either, but these sites are addicting for some reason. The fatigue comes from very little hours of sleep. I only got two red X's in sleep meaning I was going to bed on time, but was I actually falling asleep? Not a chance... I was sweating all night lol it was so hot out. But the positives are, I flawlessly got my study time in, and I'm proud of myself for doing so.

So here are the new dailies for the remainder of this challenge:

Rebuild the Base - No change

Nimbleness - No change

Intellect - 8 hours study minimum per day. I'll be pretending that this is my new full time job.

Agility - 30 minutes cardio per day, upping this by another 10 minutes since I will have more time during this period

Training - No change

Meal Prep - No change

Recovery - Sleep 8+ hours a day, and do not wake up later than 10AM. I am a night owl I need to put some constraints so I don't go too far off the wagon on this

• Like 2