Sovalis: Cozy Coffeeshop Vibes

17 hours ago, XBlackWidowX said:

Oh, so you really work at a cafe! I thought it was just the name of the challenge ^^` It's great you've done so well with the drinks. Eat more or you'll have no energy to work so hard! 

I saw the post in which you're responding to everyone and got a thought your thread is also like a cafe, so many people chatting xD 

😁 Yes, I really am working at a cafe now. It's a great job so far, I'm really enjoying it. I will make sure I eat. I've been having my chili at lunch so that's been a solid protein meal. 

It really is like everyone chatting! I love it!! 😊

13 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

HA! I thought this too!

I'm so glad the cafe is going so well! You're gonna be awesome at this. 

Thanks, Snarky!

12 hours ago, Darciana said:

I am glad you're not having foot issues again. I hope this trend continues until you're so adjusted you don't even feel the need to soak every work day!

I'm super proud of the progress you've made so far and how much happier/upbeat your posts are coming across. My heart is happy with my lovely Friends happy ❤️

I'm so glad, too. This could be awful and it's not. 

Thank you. I feel happier and I'm glad your heart is also happy. 🧡

12 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Wait wait wait, you now live in a coffeeshop AU?

Den-of-Geek-8.png?w=1024

😁😁😁 Sure do!

10 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Aww the self-care of a more active job. Feel like I need to take notes instead of my usual... bare it or avoid it mentality. 

Glad you are already seeing progress in 2 days! Have you ever been a Barista before? 

I have never been a Barista before. It's not as difficult as I was expecting although quite technical in some ways. I like it. The foot tenderness can go away any time though. 😅

9 hours ago, Kishi said:

Ooh, you're working in coffee now? Thank you for your service. ❤️

This made me laugh because it's usually something my soldier husband hears. You're welcome. ❤️

9 hours ago, Kishi said:

I'm not sure how much walking you're doing now compared to your last job, so you may already be ready for this, but the 2 things to watch the most that I remember from that line of work are your feet and your lower back. Deep squat will be your friend as far as this goes, if you can. Really, though, anything that relieves the sense of compression you might get there will be good.

Thanks. I was barely moving at the last job - I think I probably stood less than 30 minutes most days. I would not consider myself ready for this new job, but epic Epsom salt baths after work seem to be making it possible to work on consecutive days. I will work in some squats as soon as I can handle being on my feet more than necessity. 😅

6 hours ago, Shello said:

following for all the cool vibes! 

Thanks, Shello! Good to have you! 

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

When I went from couch potato to barn worker I had bad days for sure but surprisingly I also had good days somehow and that was without rehabbing. SO since you have rehab under your belt, I hope you have all the success with this and that this helps strengthen your feet and speeds up the healing for you.

Lucky. We have had 40C weather the past few days. And sooo humid. I think last winter it was snowing and there was lightening. And I did not know that could happen but it was cool. 

Great challenge Sovalis ❤️  and congrats on the new job!

Thanks, Rookie! Snow and lightning would be wild!!

1 hour ago, MaeradCase said:

Happy to hear it's already so much better there than where you were. ❤

It really is. 💜

1 hour ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Following! Glad to hear your new job is going well and that your feet are holding up to the challenge! 

Good Morning Love GIF by Holler Studios

Glad to have you, Rebel Pilot Gar! So far so good! 

Hi Friends! 

Today was my third day at the shop and my tender feet are super grateful that I have tomorrow off. The previous two days they started hurting at 4 but today I really noticed it at 3pm and we ended up staying 40 mins past closing because a couple was on a very awkward first date and were ignoring the clock. Thankfully I knew him so after we did all the cleaning and cash out I finally went over and politely said we were closed. He looked at me and said "Yeah we heard you counting coins and wondered if we should leave." Yes, yes, you should. If you see people wiping tables, hauling mop buckets around, taking out garbages, and hear counting cash sounds, you have overstayed your welcome. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. 

I stopped at 7-11 and bought cream for my coffee at home because I'm just about out and won't want to leave my house tomorrow if I'm not working. Having to walk was so painful but I managed. Got home, drank my zero sugar black-coloured mystery flavoured Fanta drink (I liked it), ate my Big Turk chocolate bar treat, grabbed a cider from the fridge, and ran myself my fourth bath in three days. The theme of this week is water, I swear. 

I ate an Rx Bar for breakfast (not sure if that counts but it was tasty), had my chili for lunch, and so far chocolate and cider for supper. I have leftover lasagna in the fridge and Holly sent me home with some Minestrone soup I could have as well. I just need to steel myself for movement to prep supper. Thankfully I don't have to actually cook and can just reheat things. So, so, so grateful for that. 

I think I'm going to curl up in Dave's chair and watch tv or play Stardew Valley for the evening. Something very chill. 

I hope you are also chill. Thanks for being here. 💜

• Like 17

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi Sov!  Ohhh congrats on the new cafe job, that sounds lovely, minus the painful feet!! Maybe an epsom salt soak would help?

I hope you can get some good restorative rest today!!

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

12 hours ago, Sovalis said:

the fridge, and ran myself my fourth bath in three days. The theme of this week is water, I swear. 

Question, how do you do Epsom baths? 
I realize I might want to try them as my body is fighting off being active with muscle tightness and cramping. And I have a bathtub/shower that needs an excuse to be cleaned more regularly.... 

• Like 3

On a Retreat until June 17, 2024... Look forward to seeing you on the other side!

7 hours ago, shaar said:

Hi Sov!  Ohhh congrats on the new cafe job, that sounds lovely, minus the painful feet!! Maybe an epsom salt soak would help?

I hope you can get some good restorative rest today!!

Thanks, shaar! I am definitely using an Epsom salt infused bubble bath. I am not certain it is entirely as effective as regular epsom salts, but it's what I have and I need to wait until payday to buy anything else. I have so far had a very restful day today, just coffee, Tarot, and Bujos. Waiting to connect with our lovely Heidi for tea, and then doing some work to get my house in order because I haven't been able to do anything other than soak the last few days and there is stuff everywhere. Should be good though, my feet feel quite reasonable so far today. :) 

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Sov, do you have set hours at the cafe? or different days each week?

Hope you are resting and your feet are ok ❤️ xx

HI Sal! It looks like I will be 11-5:30 pm five or (rarely) six days a week. They want me trained to close and lock up, so that is the current goal. I told them when they hired me that Saxon is on a particular poop schedule and I'd rather not mess with it if I don't have to, so it works out that my hours at Jack's are very similar to what my hours were at the shop, just running a little later. This won't be a problem at all when Dave is home because he usually gets off work around 4pm, but when he's gone (and they just added two trips in late October/early November that might total another 15-20 days) it's easier if Sax is used to the schedule we have had for the last 20 months. I would absolutely shift Saxon if I needed to, but it's convenient that I don't have to. I am taking it easy this morning and feeling pretty good. Thanks for checking up on me. ❤️ 

4 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Question, how do you do Epsom baths? 
I realize I might want to try them as my body is fighting off being active with muscle tightness and cramping. And I have a bathtub/shower that needs an excuse to be cleaned more regularly.... 

So right now I am using an Epsom salt infused bubble bath poured generously into the water while running the bath for maximum bubbles because I like bubbles, but otherwise I think it's a cup of the salt granules stirred into bathwater, then soak your desired amount of time. I am a champion bather and generally don't bother if I don't have an hour or longer to sit and marinate, but I think I read somewhere that 20 minutes is the minimum recommended for Epsom salts? I would have to look that up, to be honest. It's been a while. I also refill my big water cup and try to drink it while I am in the tub just to squeak that extra hydration in. I recommend candles and shiny rocks too, just to set the experience as special. It helps me relax to really luxe up the self care. My bathroom is pretty much sacred space in my house. 

Hi Friends!

I am off today and so far it has been peaceful and easy: coffee, Tarot, and Bujos, planning my mode of attack for the housework, quick video calls with Dave and a longer one with Heidi, then onto the housework and game prep for tonight. My party is fighting a Medusa in her lair so I want a decent battle map laid out when we kick things off. Should have the whole crew tonight, then Bryon leaves until early October, so things will shift a bit without the wizard (and driving force player). It will be interesting to see who starts guiding the party with Bryon away. I have lit some candles in the living room and one in particular smells of Fraser Fir and is giving me lovely Fall vibes. I bought and hung some maple leaf garlands from Michaels on my fireplace mantle and that is making me very happy as well. I kind of feel like making a loaf of bread maybe; I shouldn't eat the wheat, but today is the kind of leaf-falling day that calls for yeasty smells coming from the oven. 

20230906_092010.thumb.jpg.9b7dac843c53ddcc3d754f105bb359ee.jpg

I haven't had breakfast yet but I will (oatmeal I think), and then I have soup or lasagna to have for lunch and supper, so that is meals taken care of. It's nice to have that so prepared. I need to wash containers so I can freeze leftovers in anticipation of future need. So many things to get done!

Our card today is The Magician, Sunflower, a reminder that magic and manifestation are real, and that one seed will produce hundreds more if you give it what it needs to thrive and watch it endure the elements that will shape and strengthen it. I have always loved the way that Sunflowers tower over things - don't be afraid to stand tall. 

I hope you are peaceful and easy today. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 2

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

So right now I am using an Epsom salt infused bubble bath poured generously into the water while running the bath for maximum bubbles because I like bubbles, but otherwise I think it's a cup of the salt granules stirred into bathwater, then soak your desired amount of time. I am a champion bather and generally don't bother if I don't have an hour or longer to sit and marinate, but I think I read somewhere that 20 minutes is the minimum recommended for Epsom salts? I would have to look that up, to be honest. It's been a while. I also refill my big water cup and try to drink it while I am in the tub just to squeak that extra hydration in. I recommend candles and shiny rocks too, just to set the experience as special. It helps me relax to really luxe up the self care. My bathroom is pretty much sacred space in my house. 

Well... you just gave me ideas of small pieces of loot. And another reason to organize my bathroom cupboard to put away fun things in my own bathroom. I haven't had a bath bomb in too long! Might be a way for extra meditation time too.

Your rest day sounds particular cozy, jealous!

• Like 2

On a Retreat until June 17, 2024... Look forward to seeing you on the other side!

Amazing rest day! I absolutely love fall/autumn and the cozy vibes as the seasons change! Hope the game went well and that you had a ton of fun with your friends

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

8 hours ago, Sovalis said:

think I read somewhere that 20 minutes is the minimum recommended for Epsom salts? I

This is what I seem to remember as well.

I have both the Epsom salt bubbles (because bubbles pamper my Spirit while the salts pamper my body) and regular salts in an apothecary jar. Whatever, for however long, f it gets you soaking for even a little bit, it's good.

On 9/7/2023 at 10:00 PM, Sovalis said:

The theme of this week is water, I swear. 

Drinking water while the bath runs as I read this and, well, yes. Water. :)

On 9/7/2023 at 4:10 AM, XBlackWidowX said:

saw the post in which you're responding to everyone and got a thought your thread is also like a cafe, so many people chatting xD 

It really is<3 

On 9/7/2023 at 9:33 AM, sarakingdom said:

Wait wait wait, you now live in a coffeeshop AU?

Den-of-Geek-8.png?w=1024

❤️

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

21 hours ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Well... you just gave me ideas of small pieces of loot. And another reason to organize my bathroom cupboard to put away fun things in my own bathroom. I haven't had a bath bomb in too long! Might be a way for extra meditation time too.

Your rest day sounds particular cozy, jealous!

Little loots are great motivators! I hope you find a few lovely little things. 💜

17 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Amazing rest day! I absolutely love fall/autumn and the cozy vibes as the seasons change! Hope the game went well and that you had a ton of fun with your friends

Game was fun and they did great! The Medusa got away and the Druid (the only one with Greater Restoration) got Petrified, so they will take some sorting out...

12 hours ago, Heidi said:

This is what I seem to remember as well.

I have both the Epsom salt bubbles (because bubbles pamper my Spirit while the salts pamper my body) and regular salts in an apothecary jar. Whatever, for however long, f it gets you soaking for even a little bit, it's good.

Drinking water while the bath runs as I read this and, well, yes. Water. :)

It really is<3 

❤️

💜

3 hours ago, Rookie said:

Your fall day off sounds lovely. 

It was quite wonderful.

Hi Friends! 

Yesterday was a good day. Got lots of housework done and some laundry, ran game, remembered to eat. Didn't bake bread, but I might do that tomorrow instead depending on how the day feels. 

I'm trying to figure out where in the day my forum posts are going to wind up. If I post before work, not much has happened in the day to report. If I post after work I might be less likely to do it once Dave is home because we are generally hanging out. Before is more likely, so it will be interesting to see if my content changes at all...

I'm trying to not be a spendy magpie today. Fae Farm dropped for the Nintendo Switch and I've been anticipating it for quite a while. However, it's $80 (Canadian) which is steeper than I expected. I will likely put off getting it until after I get paid which is at the end of the month because I don't know what our mid month bills are doing now that we only have Dave's pay mid month (I get one end of month lump sum instead of semi-monthly pays). Plus we had the chaos of covering Dave's hotel deficit which messed things up for paying my Visa off first pay, plus I've booked myself a much needed haircut on the 13th that will probably cost ~$50. I have enough in the account to cover the haircut and the game, but it would leave me pretty broke and I don't want to not be able to get gas or groceries or something if required. I'm not anticipating anything, but life's been full of surprises lately! Or I could make Fae Farm my loot drop for this challenge. That's an option, too. 

Dave bought a box of S'mores flavoured instant oatmeal that I tried yesterday. It was not my favourite. Give me fruit and cinnamon any day. Speaking of, I should go find some breakfast. 

I hope that your meals today are satisfying and meeting your goals! May you be spared little nibbly setbacks. Thanks for being here. 💜

• Like 14

Here, following...better late than never! The new job sounds lovely, I missed the storm talk but I've had enough of them where I'm at so it's all good :) 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 9/6/2023 at 5:55 AM, Sovalis said:

1) Eat three real meals a day, or two real meals and one protein bar in a pinch. Minimum four types of fruit or veggies a day!

Why eat four types of veggies when I can eat four pounds of one type of veggie? No one can stop me! I belong to the house of orange coloured plants!

Er, anyway, I hope the new job continues well, and that your feet adjust. 

On 9/6/2023 at 6:34 PM, Kishi said:

So here's a thing that helped me do this that might help you too: focus on different colors. Different colors generally means different nutritional profiles and the more colors you eat, the better. Also, it gives you a chance to try all kinds of different flavors and combinations thereof, which is just fun.

Another helpful thing too, if you notice the chart, is that certain spices count for this too, so if you're having a hard time finding a certain kind of food or you want to try a certain recipe, a pinch of the right kind of spice can help you out. So you can loosen things up a bit, you know? Might make compliance easier.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

I have found it hard to eat a serving (80g) of spices in one go. But by the looks of your link, black tea counts as a green vegetable, which could make things significantly easier if we are counting by cups. Or grams. :)

On 9/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, Sovalis said:

I'm trying to figure out where in the day my forum posts are going to wind up. If I post before work, not much has happened in the day to report. If I post after work I might be less likely to do it once Dave is home because we are generally hanging out. Before is more likely, so it will be interesting to see if my content changes at all...

I definitely like posting at the end of the day when everything is done. It gives me a push to finish my tasks. If I posted in the mornings it would be the same thing. "Harriet used *sleep*. It has no effect!" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

17 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I have found it hard to eat a serving (80g) of spices in one go. But by the looks of your link, black tea counts as a green vegetable, which could make things significantly easier if we are counting by cups. Or grams. :)

That would be hard! :D For the chart, tho, they say that a serving of spices works out to 1 tsp.

Although now you got me imagining, like, a cup of turmeric and like, just. How? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Kishi said:

That would be hard! :D For the chart, tho, they say that a serving of spices works out to 1 tsp.

Although now you got me imagining, like, a cup of turmeric and like, just. How? :D

1tsp seems more doable. For the cup, the question is not how, but will we survive? 

• Haha 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

2 minutes ago, Kishi said:

IDK! But I reckon if we died, it would be the same way as we apparently lived: deliciously. :D

Wurllll, it depends on the delivery method, doesn't it? Sweet turmeric chai? Sounds like a good death, a glorious death. But dry turmeric powder? I'd rather not go that way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a delicious rice recipe using turmeric, and it makes me regret the lack of room for rice in my diet. One day.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

1tsp seems more doable. For the cup, the question is not how, but will we survive? 

I used to make an autumnal soup that had, as an acutal ingredient step, "an unconscionable amount of turmeric." 

The whole thing made about a gallon of soup, and I'm pretty certain there was nearly a cup of turmeric in the base.

I crreated it as a "first week of school" tonic to bolster the immune system to all the new-to-us germs and also to help reduce the inflammation of sitting for an hour at a time, then sprinting to the next class, then sitting again. Also, what is with the first week of school dehydration? I think managing a new routine and keeping up with all the gear and locker combinations and cute girl phone numbers and practice rosters and stuff just leaves our brains incapable of also remembering to drink water.

For the record, the soup is amazing.

I reduced the amount of turmeric in the recipe to 1 Tablespoon when I wrote up the recipe to post online, but seriously, more is better.

Also: vegan, with gluten free options.

• Like 7
  • That's Metal 2

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

9 hours ago, Kishi said:

IDK! But I reckon if we died, it would be the same way as we apparently lived: deliciously. :D

The only way to go. 

Hi Friends!

Whoo boy, this schedule is really messing with me. I was up at 7:30 this morning, did my morning routine and dog chores, got myself to work a little early, worked, ate a protein bar for lunch because there just wasn't a feeling of enough time on my 15 minute break to eat my chili. Then finished my shift (getting ready to close is getting easier and I am slowly losing some of the anxiety that my brain has mis-fed into thinking I had to do everything on my own), bought cream without my feet feeling like they were going to fall off, came home, sat for a while, then actually got up and made a tasty salad with white kidney beans and pancetta from a meal kit and ate it, then came up to my computer and caught up on forums stuff. I have been at that for about an hour now. I don't want to give up any of the threads I am following, but I might need to stop checking every one every day. We will see. 

Things:

1) I wasn't paying attention and the auto-renewal for the food kits filled for this week for four kits of two portions, which means I have a lot of cooking to do this week when I had been planning on living on leftovers. Thankfully the coffee-spiced beef burgers are one of the recipes that showed up and they are my favourite thing from this service so I am not too mad. Just a little annoyed because I hadn't been banking on the charge going onto my credit card and now I have a lot of pressure to cook when I wasn't sure how my feet were going to be after work. Last week I was not able to do anything after work that wasn't grabbing a snack and mincing my way into a long, long, long bath. Today is encouraging because I was able to do stuff after work. I froze the minestrone today, but need to freeze the lasagna and the chili. 

2) We apparently got a speeding ticket in Saskatchewan that we didn't know about which is going to cost us another $200. We got a letter in the mail today that indicated that we had been sent a letter some time ago that notified us of the charge but that letter never arrived. So now I need to figure out when this infraction happened (we haven't been home in a few months so it would have had to have been a while ago) and get it paid. Dave is as perplexed by this as I am. And the letter came from a clerk in Moose Jaw, which I know we didn't drive through when we were home. So that is a bit confusing, too. I will get it sorted out.

3) I am getting a lot more active minutes on my Fitbit which is really encouraging. I am not entirely convinced that I walked my 5600 steps at work like it says I did, but I know I've been moving all day and I like that.

4) I am grasping the job pretty well overall, but there are things I would like to improve. Which is to be expected, today was only day 5. I think Karen would like me to be faster, but that will come with time and confidence. I am faster already at the smoothies because I have done them the most. The hot drinks still flummox me a bit. I felt awkward and ham-fisted today, but made it through alright. Hoping for a better day tomorrow, though.

5) I spent Sunday baking and made three types of yeasted rolls: parmesan poppyseed, seeded rye, and poppyseed snails, which are like cinnamon buns but with a poppyseed filling rather than a cinnamon one. I had so much energy and love of my life on Sunday morning. Best I have felt in a long time. If this is the result of having two days off a week I am going to be a much happier camper this year. I spent Friday, my other day off, cleaning and getting things handled around the house, so Sunday was just for delight and I made much of it. ❤️ Wow, two days off. I am going to like that. Given how amazing I felt on Sunday and how ready I was to go back to work today, I think I might have been dealing with some low grade job-related depression while I was at the store. Seriously, Friends, Sunday was magical. I can't remember a day that was so good in such a long time that was just a day off and not a trip or something. 

6) My salad tonight is the first vegetable I have had that has not been tomatoes in the form of tomato sauce since I started this challenge. My whole veggie heavy meal plan that used to work at the shop does not work for me at Jack's and this is going to require some problem solving. 

I think that updating at the end of the day is good for me and I know it's doable while Dave is away. Remains to be seen how the routine changes once he is home again. 

Coming up on my bedtime though, so I am going to sign off. I hope that your veggie quotient is where you want it, you are properly hydrated, and that you smiled today so broadly you showed your teeth. Thanks for being here. ❤️ 

• Like 17
  • That's Metal 2

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Wurllll, it depends on the delivery method, doesn't it? Sweet turmeric chai? Sounds like a good death, a glorious death. But dry turmeric powder? I'd rather not go that way.

Sounds like the next Cinnamon Challenge. 😂

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

I hope that your veggie quotient is where you want it, you are properly hydrated, and that you smiled today so broadly you showed your teeth. Thanks for being here. ❤

❤ Got some, but not much. Likewise for the water. Got all the laughs all night long at the CoS session. Headed to bed with a grin on my face. ☺

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

Yes, I'm sure the hot drinks will come fast as a firestorm with practice. And maybe they made a mistake with the ticket? Might be worth asking for proof if that's the sort of thing you can do in that jurisdiction. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Heidi said:

I used to make an autumnal soup that had, as an acutal ingredient step, "an unconscionable amount of turmeric." 

That's a good measure. For butter. I'd eat anything made with an unconscionable amount of butter. 

20 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

Sounds like the next Cinnamon Challenge. 😂

I don't know what that is, but is it something foolish the young people are doing for internet points? Are they eating dry cinnamon and filming it for attention on the internet? Is that what that is? Because that's what my knowledge of the internet suggests to me as likely. 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 2