TimovieMan makes work of working out

"If it's not broken, don't fix it."

I'll keep my colour-coded logging yet again this challenge.

BUT!

There are some changes.

Food tracking:

- I'm adding the "calories spent" that my Fitbit indicates as something to track

- I'm adding my daily calorie deficit (the difference between the calories in and out) as something to track

Why? Because I've noticed that I tend to go for the highest range of a colour as soon as I reach that log colour. Dark green will have me grab a bunch of treats to get 1500 calories up to 1900 "because I can without changing the colour". Getting over 2000 is a freebie to add almost 400 more. Reaching 2400 give me a "free" 500 calories...

That type of thinking is counterproductive, and I want the behaviour to stop without changing the way I log.

Adding my "calories spent" and logging the difference between the two will hopefully provide the motivation to keep me from "exploiting" the colour-system.

Workouts:

- I'm adding the number of days where I'm doing a workout

Why? Because I need to do more mini-workouts, and more workouts in general. Workouts suffered the most in previous weeks and were the sore point in the previous challenge. Logging the number of days that I work out will hopefully provide the motivation to actually do (mini-)workouts...

Bad Poor Ok Good Excellent Frequency Notes
Intermittent fasting < 14 hours ≥ 14 hours ≥ 16 hours ≥ 17 hours ≥ 20 hours Daily  
Calorie intake > 4000 cal > 3000 cal ≤ 3000 cal ≤ 2400 cal ≤ 2000 cal Daily Ballpark figures are good enough
Calories spent < 2800 cal ≥ 2800 cal ≥ 3200 cal ≥ 3600 cal ≥ 4000 cal Daily Fitbit numbers
Calories in/out deficit < 0 cal ≥ 0 cal ≥ 500 cal ≥ 1000 cal ≥ 1500 cal Daily  
Curfew ≥ 1.30 am ≥ 1.00 am < 1.00 am < 0.30 am < 0.00 am Daily Add 2 hours before non-working days
Sleep < 5h 30m < 6 hours ≥ 6 hours ≥ 6h 30m ≥ 7 hours Daily Fitbit numbers - naps count for half
Avg. sleep < 6 hours ≥ 6 hours ≥ 6h 15m ≥ 6h 30m ≥ 6h 45m Weekly Fitbit numbers - naps count for half
Steps < 6.000 ≥ 6.000 ≥ 8.000 ≥ 10.000 ≥ 12.000 Daily Fitbit numbers
Avg. steps < 9.000 ≥ 9.000 ≥ 10.000 ≥ 11.000 ≥ 12.000 Weekly Fitbit numbers
Distance < 15 km ≥ 15 km ≥ 20 km ≥ 25 km ≥ 30 km Weekly Walk to Mordor distance
Workouts ≤ 1 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 Weekly Mini-workouts: 1/10 per exercise
Days with (mini)-workouts ≤ 3 4 5 6 7 Weekly  

And why is a 500 calorie deficit just "okay", and is a deficit of less than 500 "poor"?

Well, because my intake are ballpark figures, so I might be off there, and while the calories spent are calculated by my Fitbit based on my age, weight, fat/lean mass, heart rate and activity, I think the Fitbit *might* be inflating the numbers a little, especially on walks.

A 500 calorie "margin of error" gives me some leeway to make sure that I continue my weight's downward trend...

• Like 15

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

Got into bed at a reasonable hour yesterday, but still only logged just under 6 hours of sleep. Not detrimental if I get to bed immediately after this post. 😁

I went for a long walk today, my usual 7 km route.

Wearing my new shoes for that may not have been the smartest idea, though, because I now have blisters on my heel... 🤦‍♂️

And since workouts are a thing to work on, I did an actual full-body workout today! Even did two circuits! With 4 DailyDare exercises as warm-up, and a cardio exercise in-between the circuits! That's more than I've done in the entire previous challenge!!!

Log for today:

Week 0
  M T W T F S S
Intermittent fasting              
Calorie intake              
Calories spent              
Calories in/out deficit              
Curfew              
Sleep              
Avg. sleep 5h58
Steps              
Avg. steps 14.0K
Distance 7.15 km
Workouts 1.0
Days with (mini-)workouts 1

So what was the cardio exercise? Well...

I'm going to a Lord of the Lost concert on the 4th of November.

They traditionally play "Blood for Blood" as a song where the audience is requested to jump along to the chorus. 4 times.

It's what made their concert in Paris last year *really* stand out, because that was on a boat. With 450 people jumping up and down in unison, and then stopping simultaneously. And the boat continuing to rock on the waves... 🤣

Anyway, in addition to the DailyDare exercises, I'm planning on playing "Blood for Blood" every day until the concert. And I will jump up and down (with devil's horns in the air) during the chorus. And count the song as a single exercise. 🤘

Lord of the Lost - Blood for Blood

The jumping happens during the "Until the end of night, I will always be your whore. Until the sun will shine, I give blood for blood, not more" part. 😎

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 3

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

30 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

I'll keep my colour-coded logging yet again this challenge.

I really like your color-coded schema!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I have my new speedbike for a week now. The difference with the previous one is pronounced, mainly because of it using a belt drive instead of a chain.

My thoughts:

- it's slower. I'm not hitting 45 km/h regularly. I'm not hitting it at all (unless it's downhill). Overall, the bike is 5-8 km/h slower than the last one.

- I think it being slower is because I mainly bike on "power" and not on "smoothness". I assume the belt generates more speed with smoothness, and a chain more with power. I've never biked on "smoothness", though, so adjusting is going to be hard... 😅

- it's more relaxing. Partly because it's a bit slower, but also because it has a continuously variable transmission (CVT) system. That means I don't have to worry about quickly shifting down a couple of gears whenever I need to brake or stop. Starting in too high a gear with a chain could generate so much force on that chain that it breaks. An issue that's non-existant with a belt.

- it's already obvious that the belt drive is going to require far less maintenance than the chain did. I basically only have to worry about flat tyres now.

- I now have a rear-view mirror. Which is awesome.

- my new lock chain (mandatory in the lease contract) is going to be more cumbersome. It's a lot shorter, up to the point where it's almost too short unless the bike is stationed right next to the pole I'm chaining it to.

- the new bike will need more charging. I'm only going to get around 30 km out of the battery at its highest setting. I got around 70 km with the other bike. Of course, the previous bike had an extra battery pack, and this one doesn't. Basically this just means that I'll have to charge it every day I drive it to the office - since that's a 12 km drive there and another 12 km back.

Overall, I'm *very* happy with it being far more relaxing to drive. 😎

I'll probably be more annoying to car traffic, though, since I'll be slower. But that's a them-problem, not a me-problem. 😇

• Like 6

14 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Food tracking:

- I'm adding the "calories spent" that my Fitbit indicates as something to track

- I'm adding my daily calorie deficit (the difference between the calories in and out) as something to track

Something I think has been a bit beneficial for me on this front is keeping a running some of the the deficit. Similar to your "when I get into a color range I go for the top end" it's common for people to have a calorie surplus and decide to just let the world burn because tomorrow is a surplus of 0. Versus, "ok, I went over by 200 today. That means over the next couple days I should earn back those 200." It helps me have accountability day to day. It also means I can occasionally "earn" a treat day going a little light on calories for a few days so I have 500 or 600 for a dinner out night. That said, sometimes you do just have to be able to hit the reset button or not "pay" for day off from calorie counting. 

• Like 3

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

8 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

Something I think has been a bit beneficial for me on this front is keeping a running some of the the deficit. Similar to your "when I get into a color range I go for the top end" it's common for people to have a calorie surplus and decide to just let the world burn because tomorrow is a surplus of 0. Versus, "ok, I went over by 200 today. That means over the next couple days I should earn back those 200." It helps me have accountability day to day. It also means I can occasionally "earn" a treat day going a little light on calories for a few days so I have 500 or 600 for a dinner out night. That said, sometimes you do just have to be able to hit the reset button or not "pay" for day off from calorie counting. 

That's a good idea, but your last point is actually the reason why I don't want to implement a running sum or an average.

"Red" days are going to happen. They are bound to happen every week even. And that's okay with me.

I have lost over 10 kg in these past months while also having red days pretty much once a week. Sure, they slow the rate at which I can drop weight, but they also make the entire process sustainable. I'm going for "good enough" after all, not for "perfect". 😇

This is opposed to my sleep averages, where a red day *will* force recovery on me. That metric is going to be more important... 😅

• Like 8

Here to cheer!

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

There. I did the "Blood for Blood" jumping, and the DailyDare. Did the DailyDare twice, because it was 60 seconds of side plank hold, and I did 60 seconds on both sides. Totally counting this as a 3-exercise mini-workout.

It's not like DOMS from yesterday would allow me to do a whole lot more today. Yikes... 😬

But on the bright side, I've noticed that my Fitbit has registered *every* ride I've done with my new speed bike so far.

It almost never registered the rides with my previous bike... 🤔

With this challenge being all about working out, here's a perfect workout song.

It has a very 80s video clip, combines metalcore and EDM, and is hilarious. These guys were at Alcatraz. Great fun.

Electric Callboy - Pump It

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

I could have sworn I subscribed to this thread already. I mean... I know I've read it before...   🤔

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

Here to follow and continue to learn from the master of the rainbow table, the dj of these forums. (Idk what that gif is from but it seemed to fit lol) Best of luck.

hare krishna india GIF by ladypat

I love 'Pump it' Instantly added it to a playlist. Now binging through more Electric Callboy.

• Like 2

Challenges: 1st [B-], 2nd [NA], (6 years away),  3rd[A-], 4th [B-], 5th [C], 6th [Current]
Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet)

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
(Don't wait for the ideal circumstances, get to work NOW)

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one. Always the next step.

15 minutes ago, Kalitraz said:

I love 'Pump it' Instantly added it to a playlist. Now binging through more Electric Callboy.

We Got the Moves. 'nuff said. 😅

Could be initial enthusiasm because it's new, but so far, the changes to my logging are working.

Got around 2100 calories on Monday, and around 2600 both Tuesday and today. I'm pretty sure I would've made it 2300 on Monday and 2900 on Tuesday and today without the extra logging.

I'm looking at a potential 1500+ "extra" calorie deficit per week if I keep this up.

And I did another mini-workout this evening.

Still suffering from DOMS because of my workout on Monday, so I just did the "Blood for Blood" jumping, the DailyDare and a 60-second plank. But I did it😎

And I've already been thinking of adding the sprint/walk HIIT back to my walks. I'm going for walks anyway, might as well add *some* running to them...

Speaking of walks, my lunch break walk was a tad shorter than usual yesterday, because I took my break rather late and needed to be back in time.

Compensated with an extra 40-minute walk in the evening, even though the missus took TimovieDaughter to her swim class.

Went for another lunch break walk today, and a longer walk during my TimovieDaughter's football practice. In the pouring rain.

TimovieSon had a match to play at the same time (the missus went with him). Everybody got home soaked. Plenty of hot showers were had at Casa Movieman. 😅

Log so far:

Week 0
  M T W T F S S
Intermittent fasting              
Calorie intake              
Calories spent              
Calories in/out deficit              
Curfew              
Sleep              
Avg. sleep 6h08
Steps              
Avg. steps 14.1K
Distance 21.00 km
Workouts 1.6
Days with (mini-)workouts 3

Here's a song by Dutch-born Dutch/Belgian artist Joost Zweegers, released under his band name Novastar.

The band had a hit here back in 2000 with the song 'Miami', and on the day that their debut album was released, they put an acoustic 3-song promo EP disc in a popular weekly radio/TV tabloid here. One that my dad used to get every week. Immediately listened to it because I was curious, and because I liked the song 'Miami'. First track was great, second track also. The third track made me put on my jacket and go out and buy the album. I've been a fan ever since.

This was that third track:

Novastar - Millersan

That's the acoustic promo version, see here for the official album version.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kalitraz said:

You guys are listening to music when you work out?  No wonder I'm having issues--I watch cooking shows on Youtube.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

30 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

You guys are listening to music when you work out? 

Podcasts here ;) 

• Like 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

Nice positive changes to your tracking!  

• Thanks 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Movement yesterday:

- biked to work and back

- lunch break walk

- LONG walk in the evening (11 km / 7.5 mi - just over two hours!)

- "Blood for Blood" jumping

- DailyDare (50 side-to-side jumps)

I planned to do a sprint/walk HIIT as well, but didn't come to fruition. The blisters on my heel are not yet healed (at all), and I didn't want to aggravate them more than necessary.

The "mini-workout" of just two minor exercises is more akin to "movement snacks", but I'll take the 0.2 addition for my log.

I haven't been *too* restricting with my calorie intake (hence all the yellow), but with that walk, my Fitbit claims I spent over 4500 calories yesterday. 😏

Good thing I did that walk, even. It's been raining all day today, so I don't know if I'll get a lot of extra steps in.

Sleep hasn't been spectacular. Just minutes shy of 6 hours of sleep, and that for the third time this week. And for the second time in a row I can blame the cats for being annoying in the middle of the night... 😠

Log so far:

Week 0
  M T W T F S S
Intermittent fasting              
Calorie intake              
Calories spent              
Calories in/out deficit              
Curfew              
Sleep              
Avg. sleep 6h03
Steps              
Avg. steps 17.3K
Distance 36.01 km
Workouts 1.8
Days with (mini-)workouts 4

Weekly weigh-in

Weight: 90.80 kg (+0.5)
Body fat: 21.9% (+0.7)

Not too surprising, given last weekend's self-sabotage.

Not too bad, either. 😇

• Like 3

On 10/16/2023 at 11:38 PM, TimovieMan said:

Why? Because I've noticed that I tend to go for the highest range of a colour as soon as I reach that log colour. Dark green will have me grab a bunch of treats to get 1500 calories up to 1900 "because I can without changing the colour". Getting over 2000 is a freebie to add almost 400 more. Reaching 2400 give me a "free" 500 calories...

That type of thinking is counterproductive, and I want the behaviour to stop without changing the way I log.

Ah, the bargaining. I do that when I count calories. I also swap healthy fats for low cal stuff, usually sweet, and then just... eat more of it. So I've decided to devise a points system, where a normal sized lunch or dinner is like 7 points. (about 700 calories, but sometimes higher or lower). The idea is to have fewer snacks and meals, but not do the sort of swapping and cutting down that makes them really unsatisfying.

• Like 4

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

1 hour ago, Harriet said:
On 10/16/2023 at 3:38 PM, TimovieMan said:

Ah, the bargaining. I do that when I count calories. I also swap healthy fats for low cal stuff, usually sweet, and then just... eat more of it. So I've decided to devise a points system, where a normal sized lunch or dinner is like 7 points. (about 700 calories, but sometimes higher or lower). The idea is to have fewer snacks and meals, but not do the sort of swapping and cutting down that makes them really unsatisfying.

These make sense. I get around it by retroactively logging all my calories either in the evening or the next morning rather than keeping a running total through the day. I just try to eat mindfully during the day, and then the calories total to whatever they are, rather than adjusting my plan throughout the day based on where the calories are. That said I do kinda self-correct a bit, if I had a big lunch I'll try to go easy at dinner or if I'm expecting a big dinner eat a light lunch. It would probably be good to track everything as I eat it, but I don't feel that I'm missing anything by logging all the days calories at the end.

• Like 3

Challenges: 1st [B-], 2nd [NA], (6 years away),  3rd[A-], 4th [B-], 5th [C], 6th [Current]
Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet)

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
(Don't wait for the ideal circumstances, get to work NOW)

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one. Always the next step.

9 minutes ago, Kalitraz said:

These make sense. I get around it by retroactively logging all my calories either in the evening or the next morning rather than keeping a running total through the day. I just try to eat mindfully during the day, and then the calories total to whatever they are, rather than adjusting my plan throughout the day based on where the calories are. That said I do kinda self-correct a bit, if I had a big lunch I'll try to go easy at dinner or if I'm expecting a big dinner eat a light lunch. It would probably be good to track everything as I eat it, but I don't feel that I'm missing anything by logging all the days calories at the end.

I actually find it easier to keep a running total throughout the day. I tend to remember the running total more than I remember what I ate three hours ago... 😇

And it's easier to glance at a product's calories before eating, than in the evening when I would need to get the packaging from the bin to check... 🤣

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kalitraz said:

I can see how logging afterwards would prevent some craziness. But how can you remember how many grams of tomato paste you had???

5 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

I actually find it easier to keep a running total throughout the day. I tend to remember the running total more than I remember what I ate three hours ago... 😇

Tricky, very tricky. I know I had some things. Definitely ate some things. Of a certain number of grams. Hmmm. "Things" is not coming up on cronometer. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Friday:

- was raining all day so didn't go for my lunch break walk. TimovieDaughter's football training was cancelled because the pitch was too soggy, so no walk then either.

- did do a full bodyweight workout (two circuits)

- had a hefty protein meal after the workout, and maybe I could've done with one less chicken fajita wrap in the evening. Would've been fine if the missus didn't break out the crisps afterwards. Orange day, though. Not red.

Saturday:

- got very few steps in. Went to TimovieSon's football game in the morning (a tight 4-3 win), and my parents came to pick the kids up for the night in the afternoon.

- with the kids gone, Mrs. Movieman and me both went for an afternoon nap... 😅

- we went to a sushi workshop in the evening. A belated mother's day gift (had to postpone it in June because of a school event). Very interesting. But a lot of prep work, and requiring a bunch of ingredients we don't easily have available, so we're not likely to ever make some at home and will keep ordering in. Having an excellent sushi place nearby helps. But the workshop was great! Had more than our fill of sushi, and had more than enough leftovers to take home that we could skip making lunch on Sunday and just have that again together with the kids. And then there was still some left over. The workshop was very good value that way - more sushi than the workshop's price... 🙂

- did my "Blood for Blood" jumping, the DailyDare and a set of burpees in the evening. And then watched most of Shazam! again on TV. 😅

Sunday:

- got to sleep in a little, but my parents were back early with the kids because TimovieSon had a birthday party to go to.

- pretty lazy day. Did some minor weed clearing in the garden, once it stopped raining.

- went for a walk in the evening, while the kids were watching a program before bed. Wanted to get my step count up enough to reach 12K average for the week - would've missed it otherwise.

- did some VBA programming on the computer, work-related actually, but it was a fun distraction.

- had an "oh crap" moment when I saw the clock showing 1 am. Went straight to bed, no jumping, no DailyDare, and my first missed (mini-)workout of the week...

In evaluating my week - with only one poorer day, and even that was actually rather fine - I noticed that my logging was giving the impression that I did worse than I actually did.

Since this is week zero, that means I got to tweak my logging a little. Mainly the colouring for calories spent and deficit. The requirement for "yellow" calories spent was lowered a bit, and the numbers altered slightly to match the calories in logging more (making the deficit logging easier / more obvious).

I'm also forsaking the 500 calorie deficit "buffer". I'm close enough to my goal weight that I don't really *need* 500+ deficit daily. Besides, the buffer was for "underestimating" calories counted, but a check on Friday resulted in me "ballparking" 1200 calories while the actual calculation was 1080, so my tendency to round up is working.

Adjusted logging:

Bad Poor Ok Good Excellent Frequency Notes
Intermittent fasting < 14 hours ≥ 14 hours ≥ 16 hours ≥ 17 hours ≥ 20 hours Daily  
Calorie intake > 4000 cal > 3000 cal ≤ 3000 cal ≤ 2400 cal ≤ 2000 cal Daily Ballpark figures are good enough
Calories spent < 2750 cal ≥ 2750 cal ≥ 3000 cal ≥ 3500 cal ≥ 4000 cal Daily Fitbit numbers
Calories in/out deficit < 500 cal < 0 cal ≥ 0 cal ≥ 500 cal ≥ 1000 cal Daily  
Curfew ≥ 1.30 am ≥ 1.00 am < 1.00 am < 0.30 am < 0.00 am Daily Add 2 hours before non-working days
Sleep < 5h 30m < 6 hours ≥ 6 hours ≥ 6h 30m ≥ 7 hours Daily Fitbit numbers - naps count for half
Avg. sleep < 6 hours ≥ 6 hours ≥ 6h 15m ≥ 6h 30m ≥ 6h 45m Weekly Fitbit numbers - naps count for half
Steps < 6.000 ≥ 6.000 ≥ 8.000 ≥ 10.000 ≥ 12.000 Daily Fitbit numbers
Avg. steps < 9.000 ≥ 9.000 ≥ 10.000 ≥ 11.000 ≥ 12.000 Weekly Fitbit numbers
Distance < 15 km ≥ 15 km ≥ 20 km ≥ 25 km ≥ 30 km Weekly Walk to Mordor distance
Workouts ≤ 1 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 Weekly Mini-workouts: 1/10 per exercise
Days with (mini)-workouts ≤ 3 4 5 6 7 Weekly  
  • Like 6