Chesire quests for the master key of this dungeon

I finished up the last challenge as Link ... here I am with 'Daisy'

IMG_7357.thumb.jpeg.f5e3037f60e0ea60b152c7942c9e13c5.jpeg

So I'll take my lead from there.  I will explore the dungeon in search of the chest with the master key so that I might defeat the current boss. 

In this particular case the dungeon is the basement and the chest is a tote or two of winter clothes that is buried way in the back.  A picture might be forthcoming of the pile of.... stuff.   Basically MrC and I moved into my parents house for 4-6 months while we found a new place 18 months ago.  yep.  But of course all the winter things that I wasn't going to need were put waaaaaay in the back.  I survived last winter, but this is just silly.  Now that my parents have headed out for about 8 weeks, I don't see why I can't rearrange and get to what we need or want (books) before they get back. 

That's the major life goal for immediate needs.  Additionally I will be progressing with my readings and personal ponderings about Stoicism in my life.  I'm mostly working on being aware of my emotional responses vs what is a more proper response with awareness. 

Finally I will be continuing with my good habits; fitness, food, and focusing on alcohol awareness.  And whatever else I come up with or more specific planning. 

• Like 7

daily dare  45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

Following!

• Like 1

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (4%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Best of luck with your dungeon delving!

Legend Of Zelda Link GIF by GIPHY Gaming

• Like 1

Challenges: 1st [B-], 2nd [NA], (6 years away),  3rd[A-], 4th [B-], 5th [C], 6th [Current]
Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet)

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
(Don't wait for the ideal circumstances, get to work NOW)

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one. Always the next step.

Had a super grown up day and got things done yesterday!  Car registered, vaccines, and new dentist seen.  Yay. 

But also... ugh.  That dentist trip is becoming a  Thing.    I'm finding out my last dentist wasn't great.  I'd had some difficulties with communication with her but I'm realizing how bad she was at sharing info clearly among other things.  Cavities, annoyingly to repair some poor work she had done, and Invisalign impending because she didn't explain well why it is a good thing besides cosmetic.  This will make our dental $$$ this year crazy high since MrC is in the midst of surgery and implants. 

Oh well.  Hopefully this means things will be settle down (she said while laughing) soon.

Other more challenge-y things:

quest of  body

• strength (mix and match of GMB Elements, Integral Strength, and Floor Loco) 3 days / week Sun, Wed, Fri
  • run/walk (running has been tougher and I don't know why, probably because brain/emotion stuff is exhausting) 2 days min Mon, Thurs, Sat
  • Daily dare
  • Darebee Epic abs challenge

quest of life

• continue my reading and listening to things Stoic.  And talk about it with MrC, or anyone who will listen, so I can hear my thoughts
  • continue with healthy boundaries with all but especially MrC as he progresses  on his own journey
  • apparently triple down on dental health...  seriously??  I guess I did get my dad's teeth.  brush, floss, and flouride rinse daily
  • food tracking loosely on Cronometer
  • alcohol regulation.  try Non alc options?

quest of home

• paint the family room before the parents get back (12/11)
  • get to the master key chest.  And the other chests we find while exploring the dungeon
  • move the pile of wood that just arrived
  • Like 5

daily dare  45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

You've got a good set of quests going.

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

Follerin'!

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"If you know the way broadly, you will see it in all things." -Miyamoto Musashi

"Oh, she says, well, you're not a poor man. You know, why don't you go online and buy a hundred envelopes and put them in the closet? And so I pretend not to hear her. And go out to get an envelope because I'm going to have a hell of a good time in the process of buying one envelope. I meet a lot of people. And, see some great looking babies. And a fire engine goes by. And I give them the thumbs up. And, and ask a woman what kind of dog that is. And, and I don't know. The moral of the story is, is we're here on Earth to fart around. And, of course, the computers will do us out of that. And, what the computer people don't realize, or they don't care, is we're dancing animals. You know, we love to move around. And, we're not supposed to dance at all anymore." -Kurt Vonnegut.

On 10/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, Chesire said:

and Invisalign impending because she didn't explain well why it is a good thing besides cosmetic.

Ye gods, that stuff is not cheap, either. My dentist makes a really good case for me to get that, too, but 4K is no joke.

• Like 3

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." -Henry Ford

"Oh, she says, well, you're not a poor man. You know, why don't you go online and buy a hundred envelopes and put them in the closet? And so I pretend not to hear her. And go out to get an envelope because I'm going to have a hell of a good time in the process of buying one envelope. I meet a lot of people. And, see some great looking babies. And a fire engine goes by. And I give them the thumbs up. And, and ask a woman what kind of dog that is. And, and I don't know. The moral of the story is, is we're here on Earth to fart around. And, of course, the computers will do us out of that. And, what the computer people don't realize, or they don't care, is we're dancing animals. You know, we love to move around. And, we're not supposed to dance at all anymore." -Kurt Vonnegut.

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I got invisilign and was happy with it, but I got a big help from my dental insurance.

You know, that's a good point. My wife and I have batted around going to her company's insurance instead of mine this time, so it would be worth it to see if that's covered.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KeysMcGee said:

Ye gods, that stuff is not cheap, either. My dentist makes a really good case for me to get that, too, but 4K is no joke.

for real! 

And the fun /s part is that they misread my insurance or something like that and I get no coverage; coverage was for dependent children only.   So time to have a real conversation with the dentist and maybe save up for the year. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chesire said:

And the fun /s part is that they misread my insurance or something like that and I get no coverage; coverage was for dependent children only.

Ernie Facepalm | Facepalm | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

I've made some progress in my dungeon.  As it usually works for me I've had to save progress to work on a side quest. 

I seek the pile at the foot of the collapsed Santa, just beyond the remnants of war stacked high above (far right corner) and clearly see the path to follow.  But is that where the final chest is?  Or must I continue behind the mysterious bag and around the file cabinet? 

IMG_0690.thumb.jpg.a1879c65b5689b25f53bffcd8903ee6d.jpg

but first, we need to finish stacking the fire wood that was delivered.  I pick things up and put them down, and am replacing my usual fitness with the 30-90 minutes of moving stuff instead.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Chesire said:

I pick things up and put them down, and am replacing my usual fitness with the 30-90 minutes of moving stuff instead.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Active challenges: Show up and don't go AWOL | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

On 10/24/2023 at 10:31 AM, Qnobi said:

As the grandson of a certified packrat (seriously...two 40x80 *barns* full of stuff, plus outbuildings), let me just say at least it's predominantly in boxes. Happy digging!

Thankfully it isn't a packrat scenario, but a 'we had to put our whole house somewhere' scenario

• Like 3

I successfully found the master key!  I have my winter clothes!  I did find the item chest along the way, too; the bin of Halloween costumes in time for our dress up day at work yesterday!  Now it is time to check my health potion stock, see if my weapons are in good repair, and charge in to battle the boss; putting things back in a more organized and thoughtful way.

and a quick check in:

quest of  body:  kind of lacking.  Not failing, just not a ton of effort.  Have done DD and the DB challenge

quest of life: learning the teeth situation isn't bad teeth but a bad confluence from a bad few years (if you clench, get guards.)  Successfully spent an evening with friends celebrating and stuck to mocktails

quest of home:  still picking paint color.  the dungeon progresses well.  just need to finish the stacking of wood, but I moved all of it quickly out of the neighbor's yard (the driver dumped it a bit off)

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

Yay for finding the chest item!

Glad you had some pattern to your packing to find thing!

I feel you on the teeth, though grateful I found dentists that can work with me and I can go "dental anxiety" and they respond. But you remind me of the other self-care I do have to call in... Hello eyes and teeth. 

On a Retreat until June 17, 2024... Look forward to seeing you on the other side!