I realized when putting this together this is the last full challenge of the year...anyone else not ready for that?

So...the challenge, which hasn't changed a whole lot...My inconsistency is consistent 

My main goal is weight loss, for health reasons as well as I want to look good (to me) naked. I'm in a struggle with this goal because it doesn't get easier when you get older. I don’t want this to be a focus for the rest of my life, I want to build some habits/routines so it becomes second nature and I don’t have to think about it. I also want to be around to watch my grandkids grow up and be able to do things with them, as well as things I enjoy as I get older, and I enjoy a lot of things!

I work from home as an accountant. I have a full time job and a few side gigs, making sure I have enough movement in my day is important because it's very easy to lose track of time and I feel better when I move more! The Struggle is real! 

I'm going to take the time to do what I need to do, also making sure I get enough off-time, put in the work and effort that hopefully will lead to lower numbers on the scale as well as other health markers that are important.

So I needed another G word because Guitar was not, and likely will not in the foreseeable future, happen…I do enjoy reading, and journaling, and often don’t take the time to do that, so ‘glancing’ at a book or journaling will count towards that.

The Struggle...
( S )teps -
( T )rack -
( R )est -
( U )pdate -
( G )o -
( G )lance 5x week -
( L )ift 2x week -
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - 

Done - 🌈
Not Done - ⛈️

I want to get my granddaughter's item I've been crocheting since before Xmas, finished. Yes, I’m still working on it. I have zero week to get this done because I will be seeing them in Oklahoma week 1.
I want to get my bicycle fixed (tires are flat, not a tough fix) and take advantage of the bike trails around this area at some point when I have time.

Pool and paddleboarding will wait until next year when it warms back up.

My personal life is improving. I am doing my best to keep doing the same…therapy is a big part of this, journaling is another part. I'm going to continue doing this, as well as working on getting back to me and what I need in my life.

Upcoming Items

10/22 - WINE Stem 5k

10/23 - 10/26 going to see grandkids

10/27 - 10/29 birthday weekend ride

11/23 - Thanksgiving 5k

12/16 - Reindeer Run 10k

Ivy2.jpg

• Like 9

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Here to cheer you on! I am also not really ready for the end of the year. I am mentally still a couple months behind, and I had a trill of panic rise up and take hold when I realized it was mid-october. I'm trying to just slow down and appreciate each day, but sometimes it feels like there are 20 days in a morning but 1 hour in a month. :D 

I also like your glance goal. I hope it brings you peace. 

• Like 4

Soo Sunday was the pride parade, afterwards while D slept because she had worked all night, I got some food prep done to future RES wouldn't have to stress it.

Didn't update yesterday because they weren't up when I checked in the morning and the evening was chaos and I forgot 

Did get a workout in, plan on another today, sleep continues to be elusive...

Off to catch up!

Week 0 - Sunday

( S )teps - ⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈
( R )est -⛈️
( U )pdate - 🌈
( G )o - 🏍️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖
( L )ift 2x week -
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - 

Week 0 - Monday

( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈
( R )est -⛈️⛈️
( U )pdate - 🌈⛈️
( G )o - 🏍️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖
( L )ift 2x week -
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - 🏃🏼‍♀️

• Like 9

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

6 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

sometimes it feels like there are 20 days in a morning but 1 hour in a month. :D 

Little more often than sometimes! Still wonder how I'm going to get it all done most of the time.

• Like 2

Spoiler

The Reindeer Run is on my birthday! 🥳 I love that! 

Here to cheer!

• Like 3

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, RES said:

I realized when putting this together this is the last full challenge of the year...anyone else not ready for that?

I feel like I am behind on all the seasons. Summer went by in a flash. Then it did not feel like autumn in September because it was too hot. Now we finally have fall weather. I am sure the holidays are going to sneak up on me. Maybe that should be my focus for this challenge. :P 

• Like 3

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

:ph34r: 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 hours ago, Sovalis said:

The Reindeer Run is on my birthday! 🥳 I love that! 

Here to cheer!

Awesome!! That's going to be my first 10k 😮

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following 

Welcome

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

I feel like I am behind on all the seasons. Summer went by in a flash. Then it did not feel like autumn in September because it was too hot. Now we finally have fall weather. I am sure the holidays are going to sneak up on me. Maybe that should be my focus for this challenge. :P 

That is exactly how I feel, though I do have my turkey and ham purchased already, we get butcher box and they had a special deal :D 

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

The Force Cat GIF by MOODMAN

Looks like something DK would do if not for the fact it's hung on the wall...unless you're trying to jinx me with the bike crash? :P 

13 minutes ago, fleaball said:

:ph34r: 

🫂

• Like 3

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I would never do that.

But that cat might.

If he's anything like mine there's no 'might' about it... 

It's funny how much I realized I missed my workouts, also funny that I saw in FB memories that 4 years ago I was saying the same thing about returning to the gym. 

Found out last night that our FL friend will be here today...I'm a bit irritated that she (the friend) didn't feel the need to inform us of this until the night before, I'm not a hotel where you can stop in and get a room whenever you want.

Work continues to be a dumpster fire, I did have a good conversation with a recruiter that has me in mind for a particular job, it would be a hybrid position but at least this one doesn't require me to go into the city, but the opposite direction. There's a lot to be said about going into the office helping with work/life balance as well.

Week 0 - Tuesday

( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈
( R )est -⛈️⛈️⛈️
( U )pdate - 🌈⛈️🌈
( G )o - 🏍️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖
( L )ift 2x week - 🏋🏼‍♀️
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - 🏃🏼‍♀️

• Like 6

Spoiler

Have my house back, now if I can just get this sleep sack done...so close!!

Bonus was I didn't have to cook last night, which normally I don't mind but I'm drowning right now at work and just didn't make the time to do it...

Week 0 - Wednesday

( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈🌈
( R )est -⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( U )pdate - 🌈⛈️🌈🌈
( G )o - 🏍️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖📖
( L )ift 2x week - 🏋🏼‍♀️
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️

• Like 5

Spoiler

Here to follow! 👍

• Like 1

Challenges: 1st [B-], 2nd [NA], (6 years away),  3rd[A-], 4th [B-], 5th [C], 6th [Current]
Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet)

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
(Don't wait for the ideal circumstances, get to work NOW)

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one. Always the next step.

Following!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

20 hours ago, Kalitraz said:

Here to follow! 👍

14 hours ago, Shello said:

Following!  

Welcome! Glad to have you here :D 

Got my workout done in spite of having a houseguest, need to clean the guest room but haven't yet. Might wait on that until tomorrow. 

Sleep continues to be a challenge, I did get over 7 (almost 8!) last night but still feeling tired because of how elusive it's been lately...not sure why because I go to bed in plenty of time to get 7 hours :( 

Week 0 - Thursday

( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
( R )est -⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( U )pdate - 🌈⛈️🌈🌈🌈
( G )o - 🏍️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖📖📖
( L )ift 2x week - 🏋🏼‍♀️🏋🏼‍♀️
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️

• Like 5

Spoiler

On 10/17/2023 at 6:41 AM, RES said:

this is the last full challenge of the year...anyone else not ready for that?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

I have a rule-sh guideline thing about not scheduling any activities or even expectations after dark, and I think the FallBack is going to feel like I got shoved off a cliff.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:43 PM, Mistr said:

I feel like I am behind on all the seasons

Same! I mean, I'm so sorry seasons. I don't know how I missed you, but I did. 

In fact, this whole calendar year feels very void-some.

Happy Friday, RES!

• Like 3

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

22 hours ago, Heidi said:

I have a rule-sh guideline thing about not scheduling any activities or even expectations after dark, and I think the FallBack is going to feel like I got shoved off a cliff.

That time of year is tough on me as well, I want to hang on to every moment of daylight while I can...glad to see you friend!

After getting enough sleep last night my mind would not shut off this morning after D left for work, so I decided to get up and work on finishing the sleep sack, after I post of course :)

Appointment this morning was rescheduled to December, I'm not unhappy about this.

Week 0 - Friday

( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
( R )est -⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️🌈
( U )pdate - 🌈⛈️🌈🌈🌈🌈
( G )o - 🏍️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖📖📖📖
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️

• Like 6

Spoiler

w4vwfY3m.jpg

9 hours ago, RES said:

I decided to get up and work on finishing the sleep sack, after I post of course :)

Success! it is done :D 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 6

Spoiler

It looks fantastic!!!!!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 hours ago, RES said:

w4vwfY3m.jpg

Success! it is done :D 

I am fetched!

nicely done. :) 

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

15 hours ago, Sovalis said:

It looks fantastic!!!!!

1 hour ago, Heidi said:

I am fetched!

nicely done. :) 

Thank you so much! I'm rather happy with how it turned out :) 

Biggest news is I finished the sleep sack, also got some items done in preparation for my trip this week. 

I have a 5k today and do not have the motivation that I did when I signed up for it, minor inflammation and list of things to get done is making me think I should skip it, still not certain if I'm going or not, doesn't help that it's over an hour away.

Caught up on some much needed sleep last night.

Week 0 

( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
( R )est -⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️🌈⛈️
( U )pdate - 🌈⛈️🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
( G )o - 🏍️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖📖📖📖📖
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️

• Like 5

Spoiler

I didn't do the 5k, got wrapped up in travel preparations and realized too late that I should have left already...

Going to reschedule my dentist appointment this morning and leave earlier. Updates may be spotty this week but I'll do what I can, obviously workouts are on hold this week for official ones, chasing grandkids counts though :) 

Week 1 - Sunday

( S )teps - ⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈
( R )est -🌈
( U )pdate - 🌈
( G )o - 
( G )lance 5x week - 📖
( L )ift 2x week - Out of town
( E )xercise (treadmill) 3x week - out of town

• Like 5

Spoiler

If you're doing the 5ks for fun it doesn't make sense to do it if it's not going to be fun, in the relative sense of course.  Congrats on getting the sleep sack done.  It's adorable!   

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2