TLDR:

⏹️ daily photograph of to-do-list (doing optional),

⏹️ daily 2L water,

⏹️⏹️ gym 2xweek.

Long:

I am keeping things relatively small this challenge, mostly wanting to get back in the habit of regular check-ins. Looks like I’ve been AWOL since Feb/March, so a brief update on the life stuff that’s happened since then/thereabouts.

Health: I have been diagnosed with ADHD and been taking meds for it after coming off the old anxiety meds, they help very much and while I am the same person much is different about how I go about my day-to-day. While I still get RangerBrain(TM) it is now less fueled by chaos. Being hydrated is important for my meds to function correctly. The meds are still affecting my appetite but no longer to concerning levels, I am able to lose weight now (unclear if from new meds side effect or old meds had a sticky-weight side effect), and have been slowly trending down since March at a sustainable level. Once ‘healthy’ weight is reached I will have to take care to eat enough to maintain, and currently I have to take care that I eat enough nutritious food because I am full quickly. My shoulder is almost entirely healed, I cannot sleep on that side still, and I have to take care when doing things at extended range (outstretched) but otherwise close to ‘normal’ and no longer seeing the physio. My personal trainer sold his gym last month and moved interstate which is so sad (for me! He’s living his best life lol), so I have signed up for a ‘fitness passport’ which allows me access to lots of different gyms. I have specifically joined the one at my work, so I can prioritise working out when I am on campus. I may increase my in-office days to two this challenge, or I may find another closer-to-home gym to get my second weekly workout in, yet to be seen.

Work& Study: I started a new job as a manager in HR in March. I like my team, they like me, it is going well. It is also one day in the office and the rest WFH which works very well for me. I have finished my permaculture design certificate, and cert 2 in Auslan, and am now taking a break from studying.

Love & life: Mx and I are still going strong, semi-regular river walks and snorkeling when the weather permits. Mx has also been assessed for ADHD and will be starting meds soon. We have made some new friends with a couple and Mx plays magic with one of them one evening most weeks, we sometimes go birdwatching the four of us, and Mx is running a DnD campaign for the four of us plus Mx’s sister. For challenge purposes I will likely refer to them as BirdFriend (they/she/he), MagicFriend (he/him) and Sister-in-Law (she/her). Our decade long campaign is currently on hiatus as one of the members (Best Lady) is finishing her placement for speech pathology. Both cats Mischief and Mayhem are doing well, though Mischief still needs to lose some weight.

CHALLENGE GOALS PROPER

Goal the first: take a photo of my ‘do-to-menu’ each evening. I don’t have to do all the things on the list, I don’t have to share the photo with anyone, but I must take it. It is a modified version of the daily, weekly, monthly and seasonally lists from UFYH.

Goal the second: Twice a week go to NewGym. This can be the gym at work, or any of the gyms that take the fitness passport. If I go Zumba-ing with Best Lady, this also counts. If I do a massive birdwatching walk, or a big snorkel/swim I may substitute for one gym sesh.

Goal the third: drink 2L water each day. I have a cute water bottle with measurements on it and the weather is warming up, so this should be achievable.

THAT’S IT!

Looking forward to following along with old nerdfriends and new and wish you all the best for your respective challenges!

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1
5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Glad you have a challenge again. Welcome back.

Good to be back!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

YASHA! Good to see you again, and hear so much good news. Congrats on the new job, glad your new meds are helpful and yay for shoulder healing!

Good to see you too! Thanks, it's been a good 6-7months I do have to agree.

8 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Woooooo Yasha ❤️❤️ 

Amazing to see your name pop up! 

So glad to read how good things are :D xx

Yaaaaaaay Sal! Good to see you tooooo!

• Like 1

I remember now why my last challenge fizzled out. I have a problem with cloudflare blocking my phone (well, not blocking, but just "checking site connection" forever and never progressing).  I miiiight have found a workaround (incognito!), fingers crossed that works consistently!

• Like 4

Thurs Zero Week

Worked (from home), did some basic tidying and a megaload of dishes, played Stardew Valley in the evening. Pleasant. 

daily photograph of to-do-list (doing optional),

daily 2L water,

⏹️ gym 2/week (Monday I did BodyPump).

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Brilliant start wooo

Is it mega hot over there yet? Freezing today brrrrrr xx

We've had one real scorcher already (35C!!! In SPRING!!!), the last few days have been more reasonable/springly, hot sun+cool breeze= my favourite kind of weather. I like the 'in between' seasons spring and autumn.

Its Friday Lol GIF by SLOTHILDA

Zero week Friday~

Worked from home, did a bit of a Friday-tidy (trying to do a couple more chores on Fridays so my weekends start in a cleaner space and I don't feel obliged to spend so much time getting the house to a pleasant state on the weekend), then watched some TaskMaster with Mx. Mx has also been diagnosed with ADHD and today is first day of meds for them- they took the meds quite early in the morning so have crashed to sleep pretty hard and pretty early (it's 8.30pm). Thinking I'll do an hour or so of Stardew then off to bed for me too. 

It is interesting that even though I am not showing anyone the photos of the list, knowing that I am going to take a photo of it makes me more inclined to check it and cross things off. Funny ol' brain... Possibly the novelty, possibly the first Friday since I thought of the phrase Fridy-tidy, possibly nerves about Mx's meds channelled into anxiety-cleaning. Unsure, not complaining, was careful not to overdo it. 

daily photograph of to-do-list (doing optional),

daily 2L water (have 500mL left, but chipping away at it before bed),

⏹️ gym 2/week (Monday I did BodyPump) mentally booked in for pilates tomorrow.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

How does Mx feel about the diagnosis?

Wow 35.... its 11C here but i think its actually colder in the house :( 

Its pouring down though so need to be inside !!!! xx

They weren't surprised, to be honest - we have suspected for a while (about as long as we've suspected my own diagnosis, just getting organised and an appointment for assessment etc takes a real long time). We're both hopeful that the ADHD meds will do a better job than the depression meds (which they have come off-of to take the Vyv). Even the difference in them coming off the depression meds has been noticeable to me - they had previously said that the old meds made them feel very 'flat', no deep lows but also not really much joy either... interestingly since they've come off those meds I have overheard them singing several times, something that has been missing for years. They are pretty sure they also have autism, but the diagnostic assessments for that are again a lot of effort and money and there is an added element of risk with that diagnosis without any 'payoff' - by which I mean, there are no meds, Mx doesn't have it 'bad' enough to qualify for any support services, and there are some countries that restrict citizenship/residency/work visas to those with a diagnosis of autism. For now I believe the priority will be figuring out how we navigate things with meds assisting with some of the LifeShit that was just super hard. 

Chilly house! Our house gets real cold in winter (poor design) and stays colder inside than outside for much of the season. Keep drinking lots of tea for sure - warm you from the inside 🫖

for the water, have finished it and some StarDew, now heading to bed myself ^_^.

• Like 5
On 10/19/2023 at 3:44 AM, Yasha92 said:

I remember now why my last challenge fizzled out. I have a problem with cloudflare blocking my phone (well, not blocking, but just "checking site connection" forever and never progressing).  I miiiight have found a workaround (incognito!), fingers crossed that works consistently!

I could never get on when I was covering the front desk at work, but thanks to this tip, it's working for me! Thanks for figuring it out.

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Most ADHD meds are very simple, predictable, immediate drugs, unlike depression drugs which are a bit handwave on the exact causality and brain weirdness and take forever to get in and out of the system and so on. Like, an amphetamine is not complicated.

• Like 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

7 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

I could never get on when I was covering the front desk at work, but thanks to this tip, it's working for me! Thanks for figuring it out.

Yay! Happy it worked for someone else too! Work/public transport in particular is where I would be checking in from my phone and it was a real roadblock.

7 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Most ADHD meds are very simple, predictable, immediate drugs, unlike depression drugs which are a bit handwave on the exact causality and brain weirdness and take forever to get in and out of the system and so on. Like, an amphetamine is not complicated.

Yep, I can feel mine working/wearing off on a day-to-day basis which is super interesting. Coming off of the old anxiety meds so that I could start the ADHD meds took weeks and was AWFUL! 

Saturday Zero week~

naughty kitties had us up from 6.30am so no weekend sleep in today. Played a little stardew, went to Pilates (it was pretty good! A lot of floor based work, my abs may be feeling it tomorrow…), came back to our house to pick up Mx and drop them off at our regular game store to play magic with MagicFriend, I went briefly to the hellhole known at ‘the mall’, then I went bird watching with BirdFriend with our bird watching group in a cemetery all spooky theme for Halloween I wore a witches hat for Dressup Light. Afterwards the four of us (Mx and I + friend couple) went for vegan burgers for dinner. Mx and I have now gotten home and collapsed into bed, big day very sleepy.

daily photograph of to-do-list (doing optional), I went to the kitchen with every intention of taking a photo, then couldn’t find my phone, when k found my phone I had forgotten. Giving myself a pass during zero week.

daily 2L water. Yis, though I refilled my water bottle half way through the day and wasn’t certain I would know if I got 2L, I definitely went over 2.

gym 2/week (Monday I did BodyPump, today Pilates).

IMG_3891.jpeg

• Like 3

Sunday short update

some chores, made muffins, some stardew, then DnD with Sister in Law, Bird Friend, Magic Friend, Mx (DMing), and me.

daily photograph of to-do-list (doing optional), 

daily 2L water. 

gym 2/week (Monday I did BodyPump, Saturday Pilates).

• Like 5
On 10/22/2023 at 12:44 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That is a proper hat.

I missed quoting this to say: remarkably effective sun protection! I didn’t get any sunburn on my face or neck even though I forgot sunscreen. 

• Like 1

Welcome back Yasha, good to see you!

On 10/19/2023 at 8:44 AM, Yasha92 said:

I found a change of browser helped, if you need another option. AdBlock Browser (which is essentially Chrome) wouldn't let me on at all, so I ended up installing Edge on my phone and that works fine.

Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun, and that's an awesome bird watching hat!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric embraces brevity

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

39 minutes ago, Jarric said:

I found a change of browser helped, if you need another option.

Firefox is the all time best. (And generally the safest.) Can't say enough good about Firefox. Cloudflare errors are super rare on the 'fox. Maybe one bad day every four years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

23 hours ago, Jarric said:

Welcome back Yasha, good to see you!

I found a change of browser helped, if you need another option. AdBlock Browser (which is essentially Chrome) wouldn't let me on at all, so I ended up installing Edge on my phone and that works fine.

Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun, and that's an awesome bird watching hat!

Good to be back! Thanks for the tips ^_^

22 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Firefox is the all time best. (And generally the safest.) Can't say enough good about Firefox. Cloudflare errors are super rare on the 'fox. Maybe one bad day every four years.

Thank you!

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back!

Good to be back!

• Like 1

Monday week 1~

🟧 daily photograph of to-do-list (doing optional), 

daily 2L water. 

⏹️ gym 2/week (BodyPump)

Monday is my in-office day so I drove in, worked, did 20mins on the elliptical, then 55min body pump, then back home. I am exceptionally proud of myself that I did not go through any drive through on my way home and instead had a chicken and salad bun at home. Proud for a combo of financial, food waste, nutrition, and habit reasons.

Water was an easy win today, I find it very achievable when I’m at the gym to drink nearly the whole bottle in the hour, and I was already 3/4 of the bottle finished before I refilled it at the gym.

I forgot to take a photo of the list. I intended to, I looked at it, rubbed out the crosses from last week, but didn’t take the photo. I also did nothing from the list, but that’s not part of this challenge. Giving myself an orange square as the Red Cross feels a bit harsh 😂 

Other items of note, I have started listening to Fourth Wing as I am giving myself encouragement to read fiction again… self help is all well and good, but not always relaxing. I went to bed quite early 9.30pm, and managed over 8hrs sleep (hence updating on Tuesday morning rather than Monday night). Good rest, well needed. Do need to figure out a solution to the naughty cats trying to get me up to feed them from 4am. 

Eat Healthy Pump It GIF by Novo Nordisk

• Like 3