Harriet of War: The Light of Alfheim

Sunday

Strength: one walk, 3 sets KBs

Stoicism: I did 3 gratitudes. Mood was adequate.

Spirit: I meditated 15 min and also just sat with the cat and a podcast for a while

Structure: I journalled and got dressed

I had an easier day today. Friend is sick so I didn't go out for tea. I did a couple of tiny cleaning tasks to progress the cat sitting preparedness plan. Next infusion tomorrow. I have been doing pretty well since the last one. Coincidence or cause? Who knows. Let's see if tomorrow helps further.

Oh... what? Is it the end of the challenge? 

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Is it the end of the challenge? 

It is indeed. 

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Next infusion tomorrow. I have been doing pretty well since the last one. Coincidence or cause? Who knows. Let's see if tomorrow helps further.

It certainly hasn't hurt.  I've been happy for how happy you've been lately.

• Thanks 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Sorry for missing the past couple of weeks!

It's understandable that finding a sitter is very stressful when it's so hard to even interview candidates (and when you're trusting them with a very important task) - I'm glad the sitters that you found sound more committed.

Fingers crossed the infusions are helping so you have that in your toolkit. Vitamin/mineral deficiencies can have a really dramatic impact on energy and mood, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are giving you a boost. 

• Like 2

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

On 11/25/2023 at 3:17 PM, Harriet said:

Ah, the phone is usefully always present, but I hate typing on it for some reason.

That's fair - mine is more recurring everythings that I would otherwise forget to do (check here, do physio, water the plants, prescriptions etc, and then things that have deadlines I'd forget...)

On 11/25/2023 at 3:17 PM, Harriet said:

Yeah. Consistency is good but maybe there's another way... consistency of attitude and planning rather than consistency of actions.

If you learn the secret to consistency of attitude please let me know! 🙃

• Like 1

Level 37 Rogue Ranger, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

20 hours ago, Everstorm said:

It certainly hasn't hurt.  I've been happy for how happy you've been lately.

Thank you, possum 

19 hours ago, Alanna said:

Sorry for missing the past couple of weeks!

It's understandable that finding a sitter is very stressful when it's so hard to even interview candidates (and when you're trusting them with a very important task) - I'm glad the sitters that you found sound more committed.

Thanks. Yes, hopefully all will go well now.

19 hours ago, Alanna said:

Fingers crossed the infusions are helping so you have that in your toolkit. Vitamin/mineral deficiencies can have a really dramatic impact on energy and mood, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are giving you a boost. 

Yeah I'm cautiously interested in the results. I always read that nutrient deficiencies are rare in the west, but maybe avoiding outright deficiencies is not the same as optimal levels. 

18 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

That's fair - mine is more recurring everythings that I would otherwise forget to do (check here, do physio, water the plants, prescriptions etc, and then things that have deadlines I'd forget...)

Oh yeah, I do use it for that, too. Events and recurring reminders. 

18 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

If you learn the secret to consistency of attitude please let me know! 🙃

Erm. The closest thing I've found is the morning journalling practice, unhurried, with something nice like matcha tea. And avoid slug phases. 

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

Well the new challenge is not up so I'll just write here.

Strength: 3 sets KBs, 1 walk
Stoicism: gratitude practice, got to practice stoicism with the needles at the clinic

Spirit: morning meditation 15 min

Structure: started with bujo, got dressed

Got a couple more deep cleaning chores done today, and went to the clinic for infusion three. My stupid veins. It took seven tries. And five of them actually hurt a fair bit (usually needles don't hurt; I'm just afraid of them because I don't like the idea of them). And because one attempt didn't work I lay there with the infusion bottle not dripping for ages before someone realised. So it took 2:45 hours, plus 80 minutes travel. So I'm pretty tired. Apparently long outings are tiring for me even if I just lie down and do nothing. But I didn't complain about the needles, and I guess I got some practice with them--it was manageable exposure therapy. Okay probably going to go and play a level of sackboy and then go to sleep.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

Apparently long outings are tiring for me even if I just lie down and do nothing.

Ahem. This:

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

It took seven tries. And five of them actually hurt a fair bit (usually needles don't hurt; I'm just afraid of them because I don't like the idea of them). And because one attempt didn't work I lay there with the infusion bottle not dripping for ages before someone realised. So it took 2:45 hours, plus 80 minutes travel.

...is not nothing. It is frustrating and stressful, and this time it was painful too. No wonder you're tired after that ordeal.

Sackboy and sleep sounds awesome. And tomorrow is a new day. :) 

• Like 3

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

On 11/27/2023 at 11:58 PM, Mistr said:

I hope the infusion helps you feel better this week. I hate it when it takes more than one try to find my vein. 

You have sounded much more cheerful and energetic this past week. I hope that is the start of a positive trend in your life. 💫

Thank you! But I am now super tired. Alas.

On 11/28/2023 at 1:15 AM, Scaly Freak said:

Ahem. This:

...is not nothing. It is frustrating and stressful, and this time it was painful too. No wonder you're tired after that ordeal.

It was only a few minutes of stabbing and lots more time lying down. But all long outings exhaust me, regardless of the activity. Just being out of the house for a long time will do it. Not sure why. Mildly elevated stress?

On 11/28/2023 at 1:15 AM, Scaly Freak said:

Sackboy and sleep sounds awesome. And tomorrow is a new day. :) 

I failed my initiave check to start up sackboy  😔 Will try again today. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

It was only a few minutes of stabbing and lots more time lying down. But all long outings exhaust me, regardless of the activity. Just being out of the house for a long time will do it. Not sure why. Mildly elevated stress?

I failed my initiave check to start up sackboy  😔 Will try again today. 

I personally would be more than mildly stressed by an outing involving needles... :D 

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

5 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I personally would be more than mildly stressed by an outing involving needles... :D 

Yes the needles caused moderate stress. I meant outings/being away from home in general and why it's tiring.

• Like 3