Elastigirl Puts On Her Supersuit

pixar incredibles2 GIF by Walt Disney Studios

Keeping it simple:

I want to improve my morning productivity! How does a superheroine improve level up? She puts on her Supersuit.

Every weekday morning I will put on my workout clothes (or clothes for the day) before I go into the kitchen. That will be my signal. I have battles to face, and I must be prepared.The Incredibles Cape GIF

I've struggled with my updates the last couple months. I think the issue is, I've been levelling up for so long, that I actually have quite a few things I'm working on. And I write them down as goals, and feel like I need to write an essay every time I come on here. And I don't always have time, or energy.

So, I will update whether  or not I won my morning. If I want to report on other stuff, great, but it's fine if I don't.

What is the other stuff? Hydrating, mindful eating, Bible reading, workout, sleeping, life😀

RIght now the workout I am doing is Strong Curves by Brett Contreras. And a rowing sprint once a week. Movement in there  with rowing, walking, or gardening.

• Like 12

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Just couldn’t resist!.  I love your challenge and am here to cheer you on.

the incredibles super suit GIF

• Haha 3

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I've struggled with my updates the last couple months. I think the issue is, I've been levelling up for so long, that I actually have quite a few things I'm working on. And I write them down as goals, and feel like I need to write an essay every time I come on here. And I don't always have time, or energy.

So, I will update whether  or not I won my morning. If I want to report on other stuff, great, but it's fine if I don't.

Understandable! I also want to post ALL the habits and challenges and have to restrict myself to the most important pillars. Can any of your projects drop off the reporting list if they're successful? Like if they're pretty regular now? Or are you still working to establish all of them? Anyway, the morning sandwiches the day and helps determine its whole character so it's a good thing to report on and I wish you splendid mornings!

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Edna's being unreasonable. Surely she can design a cape that will separate if needed. 

the incredibles love GIF

I think's it's wiser to not question Edna.😉

21 hours ago, Jackdaw said:

Hahaha, recently I am writing essays too xD

I like the idea of this challenge! Smash the morning, yeah! 

(btw I changed my nickname, formerly XBlackWidowX) 

Thanks.

Good to know.

15 hours ago, Sepherina said:

Just couldn’t resist!.  I love your challenge and am here to cheer you on.

the incredibles super suit GIF

Love it, I was thinking of that quote when I wrote the title.

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

Understandable! I also want to post ALL the habits and challenges and have to restrict myself to the most important pillars. Can any of your projects drop off the reporting list if they're successful? Like if they're pretty regular now? Or are you still working to establish all of them? Anyway, the morning sandwiches the day and helps determine its whole character so it's a good thing to report on and I wish you splendid mornings!

Good idea

• Like 5

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I  got dressed in my workout clothes  right away. Had a good workout.

I did have a bit of a stressful day though. I was emptying the dishwasher, when behind me I heard a giant crash. On the wall behind me, we have (had)   a couple of shelves. On the shelves were my mugs, and some small teapots. Both the shelves came crashing down. I just stood and stared. My husband was working from home, and was in the office. He came running out.  It was a mess. Most of my stuff broken.🙁 I collect mugs when I travel, and so several of those broke. I had four mugs that I had from my mom after she passed away. Two of them broke, though thankfully two did not.  The teapot that my husband bought me from Disneyworld, has a small chip.  I cried a bit. Then hubby helped me clean up. There was broken  ceramic everywhere. Also, a sugar bowl broke, so there was sugar everywhere. And our water pitcher did not break, but spilled water everywhere.  The floor took forever to clean.   After I cleaned up all the debris, I mopped the floor  by getting on my knees and using a wash cloth. Then I swiffer mopped it. Then I hand mopped it again. Now it no longer feels sticky, but it looks like maybe there is cleaner still on it. I'll deal with it tomorrow.  Between being sad and the shock and just taking forever to clean, that sort of derailed the rest of my day. I did manage a 30 minute  walk with  a Youtube  video.

• Sad 9

It's really hard to lose treasured items like that. It's more than the things themselves; it's the memories and associations. I'm sorry.

• Like 1

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Whisper said:

It's really hard to lose treasured items like that. It's more than the things themselves; it's the memories and associations. I'm sorry.

Thanks. Yes, that is it exactly

• Like 2

Sorry about the shelves collapsing :(. Are any of the mugs fixable? Are you familiar with Wabi Sabi? Kinda an embracing of imperfection and damages. Broken pottery fixed with gold (or gold glue etc.) to emphasize the broken parts that have been repaired. Like us, we have struggles, but often those are part of what makes us ourselves. Here to follow along and wishing you luck.

Spoiler

il_570xN.3965198743_1alj.webp.a5763d03b70ae0ae7880ab7d17ef4ff4.webp

• Like 4

Challenges: 1st [B-], 2nd [NA], (6 years away),  3rd[A-], 4th [B-], 5th [C], 6th [Current]
Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet)

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
(Don't wait for the ideal circumstances, get to work NOW)

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one. Always the next step.

1 hour ago, Kalitraz said:

Sorry about the shelves collapsing :(. Are any of the mugs fixable? Are you familiar with Wabi Sabi? Kinda an embracing of imperfection and damages. Broken pottery fixed with gold (or gold glue etc.) to emphasize the broken parts that have been repaired. Like us, we have struggles, but often those are part of what makes us ourselves. Here to follow along and wishing you luck.

Hide contents

il_570xN.3965198743_1alj.webp.a5763d03b70ae0ae7880ab7d17ef4ff4.webp

Thanks. No, the  cups that were broken were broken in so many pieces, and it was all mixed together.  We looked  for some of the pieces, but it was really hard to tell, and I didn't want to dig through broken pieces and end up getting cut

• Sad 4

I'm sorry about your treasures, EG. That's rough. 💜

I'm also tackling mornings this challenge! Here to cheer you on!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

I'm sorry about your treasures, EG. That's rough. 💜

I'm also tackling mornings this challenge! Here to cheer you on!

Thanks. Yay for a morning inspiration buddy!

• Like 1

Supersuit put on today. Then a rowing workout, and then a walk with a friend. Forecast was for rain, but we decided to chance it. Only a few sprinkles, and as we were getting in the car it started to rain  harder. Timing is everything.😉

• Like 8

On 10/23/2023 at 8:33 PM, Elastigirl said:

I did have a bit of a stressful day though. I was emptying the dishwasher, when behind me I heard a giant crash. On the wall behind me, we have (had)   a couple of shelves. On the shelves were my mugs, and some small teapots. Both the shelves came crashing down. I just stood and stared. My husband was working from home, and was in the office. He came running out.  It was a mess. Most of my stuff broken.🙁 I collect mugs when I travel, and so several of those broke. I had four mugs that I had from my mom after she passed away. Two of them broke, though thankfully two did not.  The teapot that my husband bought me from Disneyworld, has a small chip.  I cried a bit. Then hubby helped me clean up. There was broken  ceramic everywhere. Also, a sugar bowl broke, so there was sugar everywhere. And our water pitcher did not break, but spilled water everywhere.  The floor took forever to clean.   After I cleaned up all the debris, I mopped the floor  by getting on my knees and using a wash cloth. Then I swiffer mopped it. Then I hand mopped it again. Now it no longer feels sticky, but it looks like maybe there is cleaner still on it. I'll deal with it tomorrow.  Between being sad and the shock and just taking forever to clean, that sort of derailed the rest of my day. I did manage a 30 minute  walk with  a Youtube  video.

Do you have an invisible cat you didn't know about?

How badly did things break?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kintsugi

I'm sorry it happened. I get inordinately attached to things like that to the point that I avoid collecting at this point.

Previous Challenge: DaemonCorax starts 8 weeks of stronglifts

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)
When in doubt, pick up heavy things.

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

Do you have an invisible cat you didn't know about?

How badly did things break?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kintsugi

I'm sorry it happened. I get inordinately attached to things like that to the point that I avoid collecting at this point.

Hmm, my allergies have been bad lately, and I am allergic to cats. Maybe a ghost cat?😉

Very badly, as in a big pile of broken pieces that were too much to sort through.

Thanks. I'm always trying to find the balance. I don't want to be a minimalist-I like things because they bring beauty and memories, and make life sweet, but I don't want to be overly attached. I had a cry, and  was sad that day, but now life is better (it's sunny outside!) so I suppose I am doing okay at the balance.

• Like 3

Ghost cats are a thing. My big black cat is convinced the basement is haunted on and off. He goes down and yowls around to scare it off, whatever it is.

I'm not aesthetically a minimalist at all. It had an allure 20 years ago in the mental simplicity, but it's kind of false marketing. I like wood furniture, warm colors, and lots of texture. But I also find that clutter makes my brain feel cluttered. Having negative space - like a corner of the wall where nothing is hanging, or a little gap here or there, helps me. If I can't sit down on my couch and look around and feel visually relaxed, then my brain doesn't relax well either. With kids, there is certainly a balance to strike. So as they acquire more stuff, I move my own around or give it away on freecycle to (1) free up storage but also (2) allow my kids to live in the present with the things they enjoy and make sure I'm not keeping things "by default," and that the things I keep are either useful or something I truly associate good feelings and enjoyment with. I could write far too much on this. As a kid who moved a lot, with a mom who encouraged collecting and keeping more things that I keep today, I go on whirlwind purges through the closets of our house probably twice a year.

I'm sorry none of your mugs are salvageable though. They made you happy. I hope you have some pictures of them kicking around.

• Like 3

Previous Challenge: DaemonCorax starts 8 weeks of stronglifts

(2022 Level 1 Hunter:  STR 23;    STA 29;    DEX 11;    CON 14;    WIS 22;  CHA 4.)
When in doubt, pick up heavy things.

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

Ghost cats are a thing. My big black cat is convinced the basement is haunted on and off. He goes down and yowls around to scare it off, whatever it is.

I'm not aesthetically a minimalist at all. It had an allure 20 years ago in the mental simplicity, but it's kind of false marketing. I like wood furniture, warm colors, and lots of texture. But I also find that clutter makes my brain feel cluttered. Having negative space - like a corner of the wall where nothing is hanging, or a little gap here or there, helps me. If I can't sit down on my couch and look around and feel visually relaxed, then my brain doesn't relax well either. With kids, there is certainly a balance to strike. So as they acquire more stuff, I move my own around or give it away on freecycle to (1) free up storage but also (2) allow my kids to live in the present with the things they enjoy and make sure I'm not keeping things "by default," and that the things I keep are either useful or something I truly associate good feelings and enjoyment with. I could write far too much on this. As a kid who moved a lot, with a mom who encouraged collecting and keeping more things that I keep today, I go on whirlwind purges through the closets of our house probably twice a year.

I'm sorry none of your mugs are salvageable though. They made you happy. I hope you have some pictures of them kicking around.

I feel much the same way about amount of things. I like   things that make my house feel cozy, but I don't like so much stuff that it feels cluttered. With my son, his birthday was in August.  We tried to each year before his birthday and Christmas, go through and  donate toys he was no  longer playing with. 

Thankfully, there were some mugs( and my favorite teapots) that were almost totally unscathed.  On the plus side, I felt like I didn't have any more room to collect mugs, so  now I can start collecting some new ones

• Like 5

Okay, not as good at updating as I would like. I've been busy in the evenings with church get togethers, and after dinner is when I post. That said

Wednesday:yes Supersuit on

Thursday :yes

Friday: yes, however I did exploit a loophole in  the goal :the goal being to get dressed before I went to the kitchen and started my day. So, today, I stayed in my bed scrolling my phone, after I got up. 

I do want to say in my defense: It was really cold this week! It's been sunny, which is nice, but big temperature drop.   Which made the idea of getting out of my nice comfy pajamas first thing in the morning rather  daunting. But, a super heroine can't be a wimp! She must face the tough battles!

• Like 4

Week 1:  5/5  for  getting dressing in my superhero gear!

Also did my week's plan, and several days plans. Did my workouts, went on walks. Battling a bit of allergies, so a bit low energy.

Day 1 of Week 2;

Dressed and in my supersuit. Workout went well.  I  did the max amount of called for weights on glute bridge(20) for 3 sets, so next time I'll add weight. I had upped my weight on the overhead kettlebell press, 20 lbs in each hands, and was able to do 3 x 8 with that.  I struggled with my form for the Romanian Deadlift. Not sure why, I've being doing it, but just felt awkward. It was one of the last exercises of the workout, and I was tired.

Had a nice long walk. It was sunny, and I was plenty warm in a long sleeve t shirt and sweat pants.

Planned out the meals for the week.

• Like 4

Got dressed in my workout clothes first thing in the morning.

I did a walking video, fast paced, wearing my weight vest ( with a small amount of weight) to get some zone 2 work in. Also went on a walk with my friend. Gorgeous fall day.

• Like 3

Today was a win. Got dressed, did a 20 minute row before friends came over. Then a workout and 20 minute walk.

Tonight we went refrigerator shopping. Found a fridge I liked, then came home and looked  at reviews, and it got lousy reviews. I hate shopping for  appliances. I find it super stressful. I did like the store we went to. They were very helpful. It's a locally owned store, and I like that. Anyone have a  refrigerator they love? Also, we are going to get  French door style fridge, and I'm excited about that. And we have money in our savings, so no money stress, which is awesome.

• Like 5

We have an LG fridge with the big drawer freezer and a single reversible door for the upper fridge part. (We bought it in 2020 to replace the old fridge that water damaged our kitchen floor.) The freezer drawer is twice as big as it seems and the fridge shelves and drawers are easy to clean which is a big bonus. I really like it. Highly recommend this style of freezer, mainly because it's super-easy to pack it efficiently.

• Thanks 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

looked  at reviews, and it got lousy reviews.

Keep in mind that people are more likely to leave negative reviews than positive ones.  I try to leave reviews when items work well, but I'm most likely to leave a review when something goes wrong.

We do like our Whirlpool fridge with the freezer on the bottom.  Double doors to the fridge with a water and ice dispenser.  It's been easy to clean and get water filters for.  

I hear ya on the challenge of shopping for large items.  Can you get a warranty and/or trust the local store?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)