So I know better than to expect a lot of the main goal to happen during the holidays, I enjoy food way too much and holiday baking is a thing in my house. My two main goals for this challenge will be trying to increase the number of nights I get over 7 hours of sleep, and working out first thing when I get up instead of waiting till 7am, because that hasn’t been working out well at ALL! Too often I find a reason to not do it. I’m going to be working on a modified 10k training plan, since I scheduled one on the 16th and haven’t really done anything to prepare for it. I've noticed as much as I enjoy them, it's a lot different when you don’t have someone to do them with, or even encouraging you. I need to move past this mindset and remember I’m doing them for me. After this challenge I’m going to take a week off for the holidays, then I’m going to start with the 5k training plan I did previously, after that I’ll do the full 10k plan, then, depending on how it’s going, I’ll move into the ½ marathon training plan. Some of you may remember I did the 5 and 10k plans back in 2019 and managed to lose 30lbs. Having a more active job at the time probably played a factor as well LOL.

The Struggle...
( S )teps - 
( T )rack - 
( R )est - 
( U )pdate - 
( G )o - 
( G )lance 5x week - 
( L )ift 2x week - 
( E )xercise (treadmill) 4x week - 

Done - 🌈
Not Done - ⛈️

My personal life is improving. I am doing my best to keep doing the same…therapy is a big part of this, journaling is another part. I'm going to continue doing this, as well as working on getting back to me and what I need in my life.

Upcoming Items
12/16 - Reindeer Run 5k
12/17 - Candy Cane Course 5k
01/27 - Java Jog 15k
02/11 - Couple Shuffle 5k
03/09 - Time to Paddy 5k
06/22 - Hometown Half 10k
07/07 - Firecracker 4mi
08/10 - Summer Sizzler 15k
09/28 - Donot Stop 10k
10/20 - Spooky Sprint 10k
11/10 - Turkey Trails 10k

Ivy2.jpg

• Like 12

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Coming off a holiday weekend...not exactly a stellar start. I have my house back though for now!

Week 0 - Sunday
( S )teps - ⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈
( R )est - 🥱
( U )pdate - 🌈
( G )o - 
( G )lance 5x week - 📖
( L )ift 2x week - ⛈️
( E )xercise (treadmill) 4x week - 🌈

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Welcome!

My C-pap randomly started acting up on Sunday, so I have to take it in today so they can fix or replace it. Falling asleep has been tough because I can hear myself start to snore as I do 🙄

Week 0 - Monday
( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈
( R )est - 🥱🥱
( U )pdate - 🌈🌈
( G )o - 
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖
( L )ift 2x week - ⛈️
( E )xercise (treadmill) 4x week - ⛈️

• Like 4

Spoiler

Following along!

I too am on a C-PAP machine and what a difference! Both of my parents have it so I think it's likely going to be a part of my life going forward but I am not going to complain. Do you sleep through the night much now? It's rare that I sleep the whole night but I'm nowhere near the number of waking up that I was. I was told I am a pretty restless sleeper so I think that's my final hurdle. Did they mention anything like that to you when you were tested for CPAP? 

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hi RES! Holiday baking is a thing here too. Solidarity! 

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Following along!

I too am on a C-PAP machine and what a difference! Both of my parents have it so I think it's likely going to be a part of my life going forward but I am not going to complain. Do you sleep through the night much now? It's rare that I sleep the whole night but I'm nowhere near the number of waking up that I was. I was told I am a pretty restless sleeper so I think that's my final hurdle. Did they mention anything like that to you when you were tested for CPAP? 

I find I sleep better, but I don't remember the last time I slept soundly through the night...pretty sure it's been at least 10 years. The only thing the Dr. who did the test said was my apnea wasn't that bad and I needed to start working out, eating right, and lose weight and I could be off it...that was earlier this year when I averaged about 1500 calories a day and worked out 5 days a week 🙄 when I told him that he didn't believe me because "If that was the case I wouldn't be overweight"

3 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Hi RES! Holiday baking is a thing here too. Solidarity! 

Happy Lets Go GIF by Holler Studios

• Angry on your Behalf 4

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, RES said:

he didn't believe me because "If that was the case I wouldn't be overweight"

There's so much more involved in the issue ....   🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

5 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

There's so much more involved in the issue ....   🤦🏻‍♀️

Exactly! I tried to have a conversation with him about it, when that didn't work I changed it over to my PCP and canceled further appointments with him...I refuse to deal with that BS

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 5

Spoiler

Good to see you again Res. I love that we're both preparing for races and doing it for our own health goals. I am proud of you for setting goals and sticking to them while also recognizing that the pressure of the holidays can make it difficult. We all have limits and setbacks and must accept them with grace.

Here to cheer you on!

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

9 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

Good to see you again Res. I love that we're both preparing for races and doing it for our own health goals. I am proud of you for setting goals and sticking to them while also recognizing that the pressure of the holidays can make it difficult. We all have limits and setbacks and must accept them with grace.

Here to cheer you on!

Welcome back! Learning to accept has been a unconscious (until recently) challenge of mine this year, certainly one the universe wants to keep smacking me upside the head with until I get it. :D 

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

:ph34r:

Stitch Hi Everyone GIF

I don't understand why people insist on fixing what they perceive to be the issue instead of listening to the actual issue that needs fixed. Took my machine in and explained the problem, she was trying to fix an issue of too much pressure, told me  I needed to contact the doctor and have them change my script...took me 30 minutes to get her to understand that the pressure was fine, it was the machine not letting me exhale that was the issue and that had only started 2 nights ago and had not been going on the entire 10 months I had the machine 🤬 Turning off the auto-start seems to have addressed it for now, we'll see.

It's in the 20's here right now, high is supposed to be in the 50's today...this is NOT ACCEPTABLE! 

Workouts are happening again, not when I first wake up but baby steps...

Week 0 - Tuesday
( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈
( R )est - 🥱🥱🥱
( U )pdate - 🌈🌈🌈
( G )o - 
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖
( L )ift 2x week - ⛈️🏋🏼‍♀️
( E )xercise (treadmill) 4x week - ⛈️

• Like 5

Spoiler

Sorry your dealing with the CPAP stuff!

I find it interesting that your doctor is not more concerned about not sleeping through the night... That was a big thing my doctor and I spoke about. Depending on your machine there are apps that track your sleep through the machine. Myuses MYAir and its pretty good to keep an eye on. That way you don't have to have the doctor pull up results.

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Following! 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

12 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Sorry your dealing with the CPAP stuff!

I find it interesting that your doctor is not more concerned about not sleeping through the night... That was a big thing my doctor and I spoke about. Depending on your machine there are apps that track your sleep through the machine. Myuses MYAir and its pretty good to keep an eye on. That way you don't have to have the doctor pull up results.

Mine uses that too :) it gives me how many hours I sleep and stuff, which never matches up with my fitness tracker, which I go by for sleep time. Nothing about how many times I wake up though 🤔

8 hours ago, Shello said:

Following! 

YAY!! I Love You Smile GIF by corgiyolk

• Like 1

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, Teros said:

It's warmer up here at points.  You can't escape the nor-easter 😛

Following

As I told my boss, I live in GA, not PA, I should not have to deal with that kind of weather here!

Welcome :) 

Got closer to my step goal than I have in a while...chiropractor and massage appointment happened. 

Week 0 - Wednesday
( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈🌈
( R )est - 🥱🥱🥱🥱
( U )pdate - 🌈🌈🌈🌈
( G )o - 💆🏼‍♀️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖📖
( E )xercise (treadmill) 4x week - ⛈️🏃🏼‍♀️

• Like 4

Spoiler

Reached out to the race coordinators and changed my 10k to a 5k, which is still back to back 5k's but maybe I won't die before Yule. :lol:

• Like 5

Spoiler

That sounds terribly frustrating dealing with your CPAP and the repair person. First you can't breathe, then they did not listen.

5 hours ago, RES said:

Got closer to my step goal than I have in a while...chiropractor and massage appointment happened. 

Yay! All good things. :)

58 minutes ago, RES said:

Reached out to the race coordinators and changed my 10k to a 5k, which is still back to back 5k's but maybe I won't die before Yule. :lol:

Wise move. 

• Like 2

Level 75  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

Yesterday went...surprisingly well. Well enough that I thought I forgot something but no idea what it could be. 

Skipped yesterdays workout.

Self care items on the schedule today, along with work.

Week 0 - Thursday
( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
( R )est - 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱
( U )pdate - 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
( G )o - 💆🏼‍♀️
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖📖📖
( E )xercise (treadmill) 4x week - ⛈️🏃🏼‍♀️⛈️

• Like 7

Spoiler

So I didn't update yesterday but spent it socializing with one of our bike groups,  much food and fun was had, planning for the next years events. 

Need to go grocery shopping today but not feeling it at all, so it's going to be a very simple menu week.

Week zero didn't go horrible, but could have been better...I made the mistake of stepping on the scale, won't do that again till next year 😮😱

Week 0 
( S )teps - ⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️⛈️
( T )rack - 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
( R )est - 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱:sleeping:
( U )pdate - 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈⛈️
( G )o - 💆🏼‍♀️🥳
( G )lance 5x week - 📖📖📖📖📖📖📖
( E )xercise (treadmill) 4x week - ⛈️🏃🏼‍♀️⛈️

• Like 6

Spoiler

L7E373fm.jpg

D and I did a thing today...

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 4

Spoiler

Looks fabulous!!

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson