Darciana Decks the Halls

'Tis the Season! I'm not a Christmas-y festive person (it's too loud/much/overwhelming for me usually) but we get the kids for a week of Christmas break this year. This also means a tree, decorating it, getting out the stockings (and finding one for Smoke as he wasn't rescued by Christmas last year) and all the things. The tree is real, by preference of nearly everybody, so I'll have a delightful smell through the house AND I count it as one of my plants. I've been in a plant hoarding mood. I've been told no more plants - for good reason - but he'll allow a tree and that's a win for my little plant-loving self. Also, I purchased the Man a cute ornament when I went to Ann Arbor earlier in November and now he'll be able to hang that. Yippee!

This also means I can bake 🙂 ALL THE GOODIES!

Anyway, besides the above festive-y things I will be required to navigate around, there are some goals. They're pretty much the same as they have been all year but ever so slightly more advanced every challenge.

No Spend: Keep finding and using frugal methods to limit spending and don’t spend on wants - focus on necessary items. All excess goes towards paying down debt. 

Caveat: I have a handful of e-books to purchase once step-daughter opens her Christmas gift (Kindle) and gets it set up to her account (or we get her an account setup if she doesn’t have one yet through her bio-mama). I also need to purchase a gift for the oldest and youngest kid still. May also need to come up with a couple stocking stuffers for the Man as he’ll fill the rest of ours if we put them out this year but that should be small things. Plus, the dogs will get a little stocking stuffer treat, each. Again, small expenses that will add up so I’ll simply need to be mindful and pay attention to my spending to ensure I don’t set myself up for failure. 

Nutrition: Focus on starting with smaller portions. Set utensils (or food, if finger food) down between each bite. Chew slowly and focus on the textures and flavors. Wait at least 10 minutes between finishing and getting seconds. Aim for vegetables daily, and, if possible, multiple meals. 

Workout: Stay active 5 days/week. Walk dogs daily, weather permitting. Keep active with running to set myself up for 10k training for next year’s Shiner Beer Run (typically the weekend before Thanksgiving). I’ve got time, but I’d rather not start from scratch and have to build up - why not maintain and then start building on that? Look at me logically planning things out….. Sprinkle in strength to maintain(/grow?) muscle as well. The Man bought resistance bands he hasn’t used and thus donated them to my workout corner so I now have those, a kettlebell, and my body - plenty enough to get a good workout!

Water: 95oz daily. Can I do it? 

Spiritual: Stir intentions into coffee AND incorporate intentions into daily skin care routine. Actually improve that whole skin care thing, too - I’ve been slacking a lot with that. Especially important with the weather getting colder and therefore the drying heater - my poor skin will crack and bleed if I’m not diligent about caring for it during this time of year. Shadow work if possible. Any New Moon and Full Moon rituals. Also, at the very end of this challenge (Dec 21st), the Winter Solstice! Stepdaughter won't be here then (she'll be here the evening of the 23rd) so I will likely do my own personal Yule ritual and then a second with her once she's here (assuming she's still interested). Not sure what that is, yet, but I'll figure it out. Also, I'll have a working fireplace this year for Yule for my log!

Self-love: Notice a positive thing about myself and really appreciate it, no matter how small/simple/insignificant it may seem OR do something for myself as an act of love (foot soak, hair mask, face mask, etc.) Something I don’t do often, but that shows love and care for myself when I need a little boost. This still hasn’t changed and I’m okay with that. I need to keep it until it becomes natural and that’s going to likely be a long while. 

I have ONE known party during this challenge and that's Dec 9th (also the Army-Navy game AKA stress eating followed by all the typical adult Christmas Party shenanigans including snacks and alcohol - all of which I'm trying to be mindful about) but otherwise, everything should be calm and normal. The week of the kids being here will likely be the biggest challenge other than Dec 9 simply due to squeezing in all their favorite dinners into a handful of days plus baking the things they've requested since they left (and subsequently eating it all).

Any and all are welcomed to join me on this adventure - I'd love the company and accountability 💚giphy.gif

• Like 5

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Self-Love & Self - Care is one of the most important things people often overlook in a journey towards wellness. Ill be following along!

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Hooray festivities! Here for this - and YES to trying out those resistance bands, they are a great workout and to get a good habit going! :D

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hi Beauty! I'm definitely here for this!! 🎄💜

• Like 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Following!  We too are watching our spending this holiday. To be honest, we just don’t need any more stuff.  Each minion is getting a gift (under $90) and our stocking stuffers.  That’s it. 

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Roams Among the Trees

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

11 hours ago, Darciana said:

The Man bought resistance bands he hasn’t used and thus donated them to my workout corner so I now have those, a kettlebell, and my body - plenty enough to get a good workout!

That's my entire gym! As well as a log for really heavy lifting, some cinder blocks, and a 10 lb medicine ball!

Awesome challenge! You got this!

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Simple Zero Week check in -

I did well with food - I logged everything. Not to count calories, but simply for accountability and awareness. This is good progress to help me stay mindful.

Water wasn't as great. I drank 80oz but I had a little too slow of a start in the morning and it was hard to make up even what I did at the end of the day without lots of sleep disruption. Today will be better.

I did run yesterday and again today to squeeze in my 3 days of running I had planned for this week - I can't run Friday due to an appointment early so, if my body is feeling okay with today's stretches and recovery, I'll run tomorrow again to finish the week out. It's a quick workout - 2 min fast/sprint 2 min rest for 3 rounds so I can find a way to squeeze it in at some point Friday after my appointment or Saturday if need be. I will listen to my body and adjust as necessary.

I did not spend yesterday, miraculously. The Man got the kids the remaining gifts (he had the list of what they want) so other than any small stocking stuffers, I'm finished with Christmas gift shopping.

Self love yesterday was to listen to my body and and start getting back into the groove of my healthy habits and rhythms. Nothing too crazy but after hectic travel and holiday on-goings, it's nice to reconnect and feel like my mind and body are one entity.

I stirred in intentions but didn't manage my skin care ritual... I didn't do skin care at all yesterday 😱I will be better. Once this early meeting is over, I'll sneak in a shower and that forces my hand anyway 🙂

On a happy note, the scale is moving slowly downward and I'm back at 155.0lbs (a 0.9lb drop since Monday's weigh in). I know this is all water weight/bloat, but I'm simply happy to see progress in some form or fashion as I readjust back into normal life. The Monday before vacation I was a painful 157.2lbs so even the 155.9 after travel AND Thanksgiving was a delight to see.

I'm going to need to remember in the coming days to take measurements and see where I end up in the New Year.

• Like 4

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

I am still here, Friends.

Work has blown up. Yesterday was a dumpsterfire. Today has been hectic. I took a short break for my poor brain and made a meal plan for next week (minus Monday because absolutely nothing sounds right for Monday and we may have to wing it with what we have on hand). I then made my grocery list based off the meal plan and I'm set for tomorrow morning. I take the oldest stepson's friend (who lives with us) to finally get his Texas drivers license - yes he's failed until I set the appointment up myself to force his hand. I have to be there to help prove him a resident as he doesn't have any bills living with us. After that, since I'll be in town, I'm grabbing groceries. One to-do completed.

Nutrition was good yesterday though I somehow missed tracking my lunch side until after dinner and ended up eating more than I had planned to. Oh well. I ended up making a frozen broccoli in cheese sauce to have with dinner since I was lacking veg all day. Win for me! Today I'll go back to my chicken gnocchi soup for lunch which has veg so I'm not lacking again. Plus, there's not enough leftover of chicken and dumplings for a full lunch. Dinner will be pork chops. The Man said he'd bake them and we have canned green beans and corn and a couple frozen veg sides. Plus potatoes (the Man is not a fan of potatoes but I love them).

Water was good - I finished 95oz by 7pm. I avoided a midnight bathroom break but the pups didn't and I ended up awake anyway and sleeping the rest of the morning (5-ish hours) on the couch as to not disturb the Man coming back in the bedroom with 2 crazy dogs  -sigh- I did end up drinking a lot of water while I waited on the dogs, though, and that will help me hit my goal for the day faster today [it was after midnight so it counts in my world]. Yippee!

Ran today - 12 whole minutes and only a mile but I'm content with that as I'm a tad bit sore from 3 days in a row trying to squeeze my workouts in around other plans. Good. Warmer, but drizzly rain. Not enough the dogs were avoiding going outside, though, and not enough to get my clothes wet enough to get my phone wet in my pocket which is a concern on heavier rain days.

Self love yesterday was to give myself kudos and really appreciate how easy the run was compared to how challenging it would've been earlier this year. I managed 20 minutes with 2 crazy dogs and wasn't absolutely dying by the end and that's a huge difference from, say, March. Back then, I don't think I could've run 20 minutes straight by myself!

No spend yesterday. I updated my budget and plans for December based on when my paychecks hit versus bills and I'm feeling okay. It'll be a bit tight at times, but it's doable. Also my grocery bill tomorrow is going to be awful - I'm stocking up on freezer items while things are on sale and that's always rough. Plus the salt pellets for the water softener add up very quickly but we like to keep it on hand in case it gets too low unexpectedly.

I did my skin care ritual as well as stirred in coffee yesterday. I also stirred in intentions today. I'll aim for skin care around lunch as it'll give me a good reason to take a work break again in a bit since I tend to work through lunches by eating at my desk.

• Like 6

A rushed post as I have to leave here in a few to take the kid to get his drivers license and I still have coffee to make (just finished my lemon water, yay!)

Steps were low yesterday but I worked out so I'm content with that. No workout today but I'll be running errands. I should wash out between all the driving I have to do but also the walking during said errands.

No food planned for today so we'll see how well I can stay mindful and intuitive about things.

Water, however, was good with 100oz 🙂 Hoping to repeat today but we shall see how things go with all this running about

Self love was to chew my food slowly and pause between every bite. I did and I left far more on my plate at dinner than I normally would. That is a win on learning to communicate with my body.

I didn't end up taking that skin care bread for ritual. Oops. Work got super duper hectic.

No spend yesterday - today is groceries and it's a higher than normal. I'll be okay. I got paid today so it works out well enough.

• Like 5

Hopefully he got his license!

You're doing great, Dearheart. 💜

• Thanks 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 12/1/2023 at 7:04 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Fingers crossed he gets his license!! :D 

Great job on the progress in running!!

On 12/1/2023 at 3:20 PM, Sovalis said:

Hopefully he got his license!

You're doing great, Dearheart. 💜

He got his license, thank you for the good vibes!

Bad news: my grandpa passed last night. If work allows [will be talking to my manager Monday], I'll be leaving Tuesday, driving halfway and arriving Wednesday. I'll likely leave Friday to drive halfway and get home Saturday. There's no internet and signal is questionable out there so I will likely be absent all this coming week for that. I'll do my best to come back here and check in once I'm back home safe and sound.

On a brighter note, I distracted myself from all the emotional rollercoaster twisty-turns today by getting and decorating a Christmas tree:

PXL_20231202_234716382~2.jpg

• Sad 3

32 minutes ago, Darciana said:

Bad news: my grandpa passed last night. If work allows [will be talking to my manager Monday], I'll be leaving Tuesday, driving halfway and arriving Wednesday. I'll likely leave Friday to drive halfway and get home Saturday.

My condolences dear friend. I hope work can allow you the time off. 

And your Christmas tree is beautiful. 

• Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Current Challenge:

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Oh Hun, I'm so sorry. That's rough. Let us know if we can support you at all. Sending Love. 💜

• Thanks 1

Update: The Man was able to get off work, as well, and will be traveling with me.

He's meeting my parents for the first time in person on this trip (not ideal, we know, but his presence will be welcomed as a steady removed person while the rest of us remain emotional). Please send help and good vibes because this could get interesting. Not even getting started on the family drama that has started without us even all being together... -sigh-

On another note, I've discovered that December is cursed for my family. I lost my grandpa Dec 1st. I lost my uncle on Dec 2 (9 years ago) and my great grandpa (my "real" grandfather on my mom's side) and my Aunt Ginny on Dec 3rd 9 years ago. I lost another uncle on Dec 15th last year. I'm starting to understand why I'm not a Christmas person... it's been tainted far too much for my poor soul to truly get full enjoyment without the sadness of missing family.

Since death comes in 3, I think (hope) I'm good now. Rebel, as you may have seen in the last challenge. Grandpa this weekend. My mom's "father" (she's adopted and her adoptive parents disowned us and we disowned them - they're awful people) passed on Halloween (how dare he distract my favorite holiday....rude. Not unexpected of him to ruin things for me..).

Thanks for all the extra love. I really truly do appreciate it and I'll be back next week, hopefully. I hope you all have a fantastic week and weekend ahead and I cannot wait to read all your updates to help cheer me up and get me back into my normal groove ❤️

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Safe travels, Dearheart. I'm glad The Man can go with you. Hoping it all goes smoothly. 💜

• Thanks 1

Glad that the Man can go with you.  Sending good thoughts and lots of love your way.  Funerals and such can be soo difficult for families to process (I know from experience). 

• Thanks 1

2024 Word

Current Challenge:

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

Phew, you've had a rough one lately, huh. :( I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, and fingers crossed that family time (always fun) will go as smooth for you as it possibly can. 

• Thanks 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hello all my lovely dearest Friends ❤️

I'm back safe and sound. We ended up driving straight through on Saturday since my parents were up and headed out early anyway. Yesterday was full of unloading things, grocery shopping, and prepping ourselves for the week - we are both slammed with work after nearly a week off with things piling up.

My mom and dad do alternate low carb days (not keto, just lower carb - they try  to stick to about 10-12 net carbs per meal/snack that day). The in between days are "normal" eating - not going crazy but not monitoring carbs, either. Dad's diabetes is now controlled and he's lost 40 pounds and has more energy. The Man wanted to give it 2 weeks so today is day 1 of low carb. It's a tad challenging to come up with things to eat - lunch especially. Dinners aren't so bad as we can eat what we always do, just don't make that 2nd side which is usually some type of carb (potatoes, pasta, rice, etc). It's a trial and error for us this week but we're going to try to muddle through it.

We both got up and ran this morning - him to get into it and me to get back into it before I lose all progress and motivation. 37 minutes - 10 of steady state, 17 fartlek. The Man just ran until he couldn't, walked until he could pick up pace, and ran again. Repeat.

Self love this week was to simply enjoy time with family, specifically my parents and grandma. There was plenty of drama and it's ongoing even now we're all gone home. Legal stuff, too, which I'm trying to stay out of.

No spiritual rituals - not even this morning as I'm still trying to get back in the grove of things. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Spend was... minimal, actually. Ma and dad split the cost of the BnB with us - it was just over what a hotel would cost and we could cook there for dinners rather than rely on eating out. The biggest spends were fuel to and from, the BnB itself, and the groceries for dinners for 3 nights. I'll take it! I'm even able to put a bill from next paycheck (Friday) onto this one and that will help me pay down my credit card! I owe $326.35 so it'll be gone by end of January! My interest free card (it'll gain interest starting May) only has $266.51 left meaning I might be able to pay that off by end of January as well! If not, mid February for sure. Then I only will owe the last credit card at just under $7,000. Not bad at all given all the things that have happened unexpectedly that aren't cheap. Now to keep up with this minimal/no spend and I'll be set very very soon!

• Like 4

So glad you are back safe, Darling. 💜 Hope you settle back into your supportive routines easily and swiftly. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Dearest ❤️

This morning has started of hectic with work but it's to set me up for the rest of the week and going forward. So many people are out on vacation in the coming weeks but I'm not so it's good that I'm getting work to keep me busy when bosses are out and can't assign more. Hopefully it'll be enough to keep my charge codes full through the end of the year. It's simply busy this week between catch-up from being gone last week coupled with new (to me) assignments being handed off partially completed due to changes in overall workload and availability.

The Man and I woke up and worked out - he ran with Harley while I walked with Smoke. Tomorrow is a long "warmup" run with a very short, but intense strength/sprint workout. He'll likely get up and walk or run tomorrow again. He's just starting his running program again so he's trying to build some endurance to start increasing mileage. I signed us up for a 5k (him) and 10k (me) on April 28th so we're both working to push ourselves to improve. He couldn't run the entire 5k at Shiner but wants to see about running April's without stopping. I want to see about increasing mileage to manage a full 10k for the first time ever. Shiner Beer Run 2024 signup opens Jan 1st until June 30th with early bird pricing - hope is to get us signed up based on what we believe we can accomplish by the weekend before (US) Thanksgiving while getting the early bird pricing (plus the 5k sold out in late September/early October last year so we want to make sure we don't miss out entirely!)

We struggled with food - I usually plan to make us lunch on Monday for me to eat on through the week. He'll eat it Monday but he hates leftovers so he finds something else. I didn't plan to make anything for this week due to having such a short window to plan, create grocery list, and physically go shopping. We fumbled through but we were both quite hungry through the day. I ended up having to run into town to get a package from the post office (too big for mailbox) and I ended up grabbing a few extra groceries based on some recipes I found for snacks and lunches we can have Wednesday and Friday for low carb. We managed yesterday, though, and got through some of the worst. Today is a normal eating day. I'm trying to stay mindful and not go absolutely crazy eating all the things I can't have on low carb days but still enjoying my usual food.

I will plan for groceries this next week for lunches as well as dinners to make life easier. I'm starting early with planning since there's a steep learning curve to overcome as I plan. Also trying to stay mindful of the grocery bill not getting out of hand with this new method of eating. The Man promised my parents 2 weeks for trial - we will see if he decides to stick with it beyond that.

Self love yesterday was to get back into my routine and re-focus on my healthy habits and goals. Nothing crazy, but it's better than nothing.

No spiritual ritual. This morning I'm changing up my coffee routine so I didn't get to stir in intentions. I did, however, pull my Tarot and Oracle for the New Moon. I have to review it in depth to determine a solid intention for this cycle. Work interrupted that (🙃) so I'll get to it before the end of the day.

Water was good yesterday. I didn't track it, but looking back I know I drank at least 70oz, if not more. Today I'm a tad behind but I've been ball and chained to my desk and can't refill my water cup. I'll definitely chug some to get back on track once I can get up and get to the kitchen hehe

I did spend yesterday, more than I had hoped, to finalize stocking stuffers. I already had the Man's and they arrived yesterday. I realized the youngest 2 and the dogs didn't have anything so I covered the dogs and stepdaughter's while the Man bought some for youngest stepson. However, it'll be okay since I'll be paid before any other bills hit my account and I should have excess on this next paycheck due to front loading a couple bills on this one plus finalizing all gifts. It'll balance out just fine and I knew that. I'd rather spend a bit more than expected to be sure the kids have something to open on Christmas.

• Like 4

Hiya Friends!

Busy busy. This morning has been hectic. I went on a 20 minute run with Smoke followed by my strength/sprint workout which was 1 min plank, 98ft sprint, 1 min walking lunges, 2 min slow run. The Man took Harley and did a run/walk. It was drizzling rain and that made it rather chilly but we got it done. I ordered a rain jacket for running - it's super thin but should help keep me a little more dry up top at least. It will arrive tomorrow supposedly which is perfect since it's supposed to rain Friday again and that's a run day. Whew.

Today is a low-carb day again. I found a mini pizza recipe which makes 2 pizzas (each are 5g net carbs) which means one for each of us. Then we made a salad to go with and fill us up. Breakfast for me was some keto bread with butter, 2 ham slices, and 2 over easy eggs. Dinner will be lemon pepper chicken drumsticks with this riced cauliflower risotto medley (mom said dad really loves it so we decided to give it a shot) and green beans. We're both feeling much better - breakfast held us over well enough to get to lunch. Lunch filled us up very well and I don't see an issue making it to dinner. Planning and being prepared with options is key. I've already started next week's menu planning to make it easier to shop and be ready to take on the week.

Not sure actual water consumption but it was quite a bit. Over 70oz again so I'm content. Today I'm slow again but I think that's because I'm craving tea and I'm rationing until honey arrives. I'm going to make tea now, it sounds too good to wait.

Self love was to enjoy the normal foods and not take them for granted. I made us some mini chicken pot pies in my ramekins for lunch from the frozen leftovers I had (the filling had far more carbs than I originally realized! Oof!) and savored every bite. I think having that day in between to savor whatever food I want really has helped me get through today this far without any issue. And I also know that even if I crave something today that's higher carb, I can simply plan it for tomorrow. It's been a very nice way of balancing things out. I'm realizing how out of wack my food really was - no wonder I wasn't meeting fat and protein goals! In addition, I did my hair oiling. I haven't done that in over a month so I was very late since the goal is weekly. Oops. The Man decided to try my oils for his beard and since it's now out in plain sight, I remembered to put it on to let it sit before my shower. Win!

I didn't manage ritual yesterday as I was still blowing up with work catch-up and new assignment hand-offs. Today is busy trying to actually get work caught up so it can be finished by the due date. Today, though I did do both coffee AND skin care.

One small stocking stuffer item yesterday. Today was a raincoat for me and some honey. I can't tell if my sinuses are impacted from travel (I was sneezing a crazy amount while in Arkansas for the funeral) or if I'm getting sick. I'm dangerously low on honey so I went ahead and got some. If I am sick, my throat will thank me for having honey on hand. Both are practical and helpful for following healthy habits more regularly.

• Like 2