DarK_RaideR's Masterplan: Chapter 2, Episode 1

20 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Today I've been trying to do some focused work and this track had me in a flow state.

Wow, that's giving me anxiety; I don't think I can listen to it without being shot at now :lol: .

Having said that, my old computer didn't used to run the UT soundtrack properly, so I often played with an album on instead. Certain tracks (most of The Offspring's Ixnay on the Hombre and Fatboy Slim's Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars in particular) transport me back mentally to playing deathmatch on Morpheus, with Instagib, Jump Match, and Low Gravity turned on #oddlyspecific

• That's Metal 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 2/20/2024 at 7:49 PM, Teros said:

In the biz, we call that 'pile of shame' LOL.  I'm committed to not buying any more armies until my flesheaters are DONE.

Just for clarification, I was talking about the tabletop RPG Warhammer, not the wargame. Any miniatures I bother with these days are my Bloodbowl team.

Challenge day 9/35

Tuesday, February 20

Nutrition

All according to plan, skipping only one of two snacks.

Workouts

Didn't get to do one, because I was struggling to finish the papers I had to submit the next day for my court hearing. Ended up pulling an all nighter too.

Reading

None.

Music

Got to listen to "Tropicália ou panis et circencis" by a bunch of Tropicália artists I'd heard the previous days (Gilberto Gil, Caetano Veloso, Os Mutantes etc).

Videogame

Didn't get to play anything, although I did play a round of Talisman earlier in the day because apparently my wrestlefriends are gathering to play the tabletop version on Sunday, so I figured why not refresh my knowledge of it.

Duolingo

Did both Spanish and German lessons

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳

Workouts 💪

Music 🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🦉

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (3)🕶️🕶️🕶️, Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳Fitness (0),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (5)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Challenge day 10/35

Wednesday, February 21

Nutrition

Nailed it, skipping both snacks on top.

Workouts

Continuing from my all nighter, I hit the courts but couldn't submit the papers as the employees were on strike and would be too the day after, meaning all cases would be moved to a later date. And even if that wasn't the case, lawyers would abstain from all courts on the 22nd, when the new Penal Code would be voted in. This meant that not only my all nighter and stress were for naught, but also has implications regarding my finances and the Masterplan, which I won't get into. I did however crash to recover some sleep once I was back and did my workout later in the day.

5x15 Weighted Squats (2x10kg)

3x20 Weighted Lunges (2x10kg)

3x15 Dumbbell Swings (10kg because I was too lazy to move plates)

5x25 Crunches

3x10 Weighted Crunches, again, with a 10kg because I couldn't be arsed

3x20" Boat Hold. Which was when Eddie decided to come sit on me LIKE HE KNEW! Is this gonna be a thing now?! @Jarric

Reading

None.

Music

Got to listen to "Waiting For The Sun" by The Doors, which was my IG post of the day, then I also got through "Travellin'" by John Lee Hooker for my backlog.

Videogame

I did finish Blacksad: Under the Skin and wow @Heidi add (implied) child  abuse and (not just implied) substance addiction to the list. It's not so much about what the game shows or says though, it's the way it makes you feel through the depictions and narrative, such an emotional punch to the gut.

Duolingo

Spanish and German were both aced.

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳

Workouts 💪💪

Music 🔉🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🦉🦉

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (3)🕶️🕶️🕶️, Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳Fitness (0),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (5)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Challenge day 11/35

Thursday, February 22

Nutrition

Not good. Had breakfast according to the plan, but grabbed a chicken sandwich for snack on my way back home. Skipped lunch to have another takeout sandwich on my way to the therapist, plus a milk based dessert I didn't really needed and it kinda messed up my stomach (on top of struggling with headaches all day).  Skipped the evening lunch and I visited a friend's house, where again I wasn't on schedule, but at least I decided to avoid the real nasty takeout/delivery and instead settled for a beer and a cream filled croissant.

Workouts

Another forced rest day, between wasting too much time in court just till it was my turn (case moved to early March of 2025, in case you were wondering), rushing off to my therapist and then my friend. What little time I had available, I decided to take photos of my motorcycle and put up an ad to sell it.

Reading

None.

Music

Got to listen to Bloomfield, Kooper and Stills' "Super Session" which I'd heard many times before, a useful fact as I was in a rush today so posting about it was made easy.

Videogame

Actually began playing "Tyrrany" after having it on the shelf for way too long. Hey @starpuck, this is your cue to return to the boards.

Duolingo

Did both my Spanish and German.

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🥸

Workouts 💪💪

Music 🔉🔉🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🦉🦉🦉

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

3x20" Boat Hold. Which was when Eddie decided to come sit on me LIKE HE KNEW! Is this gonna be a thing now?! @Jarric

Don't worry, he'll only keep doing it until it stops being inconvenient :lol:

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

case moved to early March of 2025, in case you were wondering),

How can things be this far delayed? That just feels crazy.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 2/23/2024 at 11:50 PM, Jarric said:

How can things be this far delayed? That just feels crazy.

And this one's technically a short-to-normal postponement. What really grinds my gears though is the fact that, according to the current law on procedures, these lawsuits are basically a two minute process in court. There's no arguing your case, it's all in the corresponding document you submitted along with your proof, including any witness statements as they are no longer allowed to be examined live in court, as is the case in criminal cases. Thus, they could have just moved this to a much closer date in the future, have us do our little dance and give all the case papers to the judge, who'd then read up at their own leisure and rule on the case.

Challenge day 12/35

Friday, February 23

Nutrition

Back on track, finishing the chicken leftovers. As usual, both snacks were skipped.

Workouts

3x15 Straight Arm Pull Overs (20kg)

3x15 Bent Arm Pull Overs (20kg)

3x10 Lateral Side Raises (10kg)

3x12 Standing Upright Row (10kg)

3x15 French Press (14kg)

3x8 Triceps Dips

Reading

None.

Music

Album of the day was "In Search of the Lost Chord" by the Moody Blues. Haven't heard much from these guys besides their "Nights in White Satin" hit and their debut was full of that orchestral style, was quite interesting hearing more and I liked what they do. Stuff like this is why I started this project in the first place.

Videogame

I did not get to play anything, because I got an idea and then properly obsessed about it the whole day until it was done: there's this website called How Long To Beat, where people input how long it took them to beat a single game (with options on whether they only went for the main story, main plus a few extras or pushed for 100% completion of everything). I created my account and then proceeded to punch in all of the games I own on Steam, GOG and Epic Games for a grand total of 636 games. Bear in mind I never went out of my way to purchase games to begin with, and it's been ages since I got one because I neither have the time to play so much and most of them will eventually come up on Epic Games' weekly free game offer, making me regret I paid any money to get them. Anyway, I've completed 81 of those (including games you never actually 'complete' like Football Manager, NBA games or Left 4 Dead), played but not finished 136 of them, marked 9 as 'currently playing', which leaves 410 games on my backlog. However, I can now rank my backlog based on the average time it takes to complete each game. This means I can start with the shorter ones and get them out of the way, while avoiding major time sinks (I knew Europa Universalis IV is huge and wasn't gonna touch it yet, makes sense it's at 360h, but Kerbal Space Program looked like a cute little game till I saw190h there).

Duolingo

Spanish and German were both done.

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🥸🧑‍🍳

Workouts 💪💪💪

Music 🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Challenge day 13/35

Saturday, February 24

Nutrition

Weirdly on point. I say weirdly because I almost skipped breakfast in order to take my measurements.

- Male: 100.3 -> 100.1kg weight, 67.9 -> 64.3kg muscle mass, 29% -> 32.5% body fat meaning I somehow had a slight drop of weight but actually lost muscle to gain fat?!?!

- Male Athlete: 100.3 -> 100.3kg weight, 69.1 -> 68kg muscle mass, 27.7% -> 28% body fat more or less the same, although I did notice the slight deviation in getting the weight exactly right

Not stressing too much about these, however it's a bit of a disappointment to put the effort in and apparently the numbers go the other direction.

Back to nutrition, I was invited by a friend to hang out by his place, so I just grabbed a spinach pastry for breakfast, plus a couple of cookies I had at his place with at least 3 cups of coffee. Was feeling pretty full so after grabbing next week's groceries, I ate quite late in the day, leftover pasta with my seafood sauce. Later in the night I felt my stomach a little messy, which could be attributed to 1) the fact I hadn't eaten enough on that day, 2) the seafood getting jiggy with it in my stomach, or 3) the seafood was undercooked or the pasta had gone bad. Either way, I made myself a ham and cheese toast, which seemed to help things settle down.

Workouts

3x15 One Arm Row (20kg)

3x15 Bent Over Row (10kg)

3x8 Seated Alternating Bicep Curls (10kg)

3x12 Zottman Curls (10kg)

3x20 Twisting Crunches. Need to up both reps and sets next time.

3x15 Leg Raises

Reading

None.

Music

Album of the day was "Wheels of Fire" by Cream. Admittedly I expected more from the album containing "White Room" but was a bit disappointed.

Videogame

Putting my new list to good use, I fired up "The Forest Quartet", finishing it in 1 hour 18 minutes

rMlkxIo.png

I seem to be close to the average, which means I can trust the numbers on this website for future use.  As for the game itself, it's a short and beautiful indie game that's visually appealing without that "artsier than thou" attitude a lot of games like this tend to display. You play as the (ghost? soul? of) a jazz quartet's recently deceased vocalist, trying to do your part in getting the other three band members, each of which is struggling with a different mental health issue, to come together for one last goodbye performance. I like how it's more of a vibe or visual/emotional journey rather than explicitly feeding you its messages as it deals with heavy stuff like coming to terms with death and moving on (both as the living and the deceased) or mental health.

Duolingo

Taken care of both Spanish and German

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🥸🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳

Workouts 💪💪💪💪

Music 🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉

P.S. Oh yeah, and I also booked flight tickets to go see my girlfriend on Thursday. No biggie

Spoiler

house city GIF

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

As for the game itself, it's a short and beautiful indie game that's visually appealing without that "artsier than thou" attitude a lot of games like this tend to display. You play as the (ghost? soul? of) a jazz quartet's recently deceased vocalist, trying to do your part in getting the other three band members, each of which is struggling with a different mental health issue, to come together for one last goodbye performance. I like how it's more of a vibe or visual/emotional journey rather than explicitly feeding you its messages as it deals with heavy stuff like coming to terms with death and moving on (both as the living and the deceased) or mental health.

This sounds absolutely beautiful. Putting that on my wishlist.

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Oh yeah, and I also booked flight tickets to go see my girlfriend on Thursday. No biggie

Train Hype GIF

• Like 2

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Glad you're going on a bit of a jaunt. 🙂

Latcho drom, Dear Ranger.

• Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

On 2/25/2024 at 7:56 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

including games you never actually 'complete' like Football Manager

Au contraire

On 2/25/2024 at 8:22 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

P.S. Oh yeah, and I also booked flight tickets to go see my girlfriend on Thursday. No biggie

*Rx Queen fades in*

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Challenge day 14/35

Sunday, February 25

Nutrition

Sort of stayed on schedule. I'd been invited days in advance to spend the evening at a friend's house, so I'd planned my meals of the day assuming we'd have pizzas or something. We ended up with chips, doritos and some whiskey, which isn't exactly healthy but was kinda lighter than what I'd expected.

Workouts

5x15 Squats (20kg)

5x10 Deadlifts (20kg)

5x25 Crunches

4x28 Twisting Crunches

Reading

None.

Music

Album of the day was "Shades of Deep Purple" by, you guessed it, Deep Purple. A very interesting listen.

Videogame

Played Wanderlust: Transiberian. Can't say it did anything for me, but fortunately it was over in little less than an hour.

Duolingo

Spanish and German done, proudly finished at #1 in the Diamond League.

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🥸🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳

Workouts 💪💪💪💪💪

Music 🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Week 2 recap

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🥸🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳🧑‍🍳 Good 6/7 ( 85%)

Did better than the week prior, even if the numbers didn't show it. Admittedly though, I rushed those measurements in order to visit my friend on the day I took em. Guideline says to be awake for 3 hours, no water or food. I got on the scale after an hour or so, without having gone to the toilet first, so that might have skewed the numbers.

Workouts 💪💪💪💪💪Achieved

Keeping this up and making sure I increase reps/sets as needed in order to always feel like it's been a push instead of a stroll.

Music 🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉🔉Perfect 7/7 (100%)

Stayed on point here, while also listening to a few albums on my backlog.

Duolingo 🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉Perfect 7/7 (100%)

I mean, I did finish first on the highest of Duolingo leagues, that kinda says it all.

In light of my little trip, the rest of this challenge will be spent at @deftona's. Feels like I should adjust my nutrition goals, but other than that I should be able to keep up with everything else as is.

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Challenge day 15/35

Monday, February 26

Nutrition

Was supposed to meet the same crew at the same place from the night prior so I'd adjusted my meal plan accordingly. That got canceled, so I had wiggle room. Trying to eat all the consumables in light of my upcoming departure. But yeah, I did stick to the plan.

Workouts

3x20 Bench Press (20kg)

3x15 Straight Arm Pull Over (20kg)

4x12 Shoulder Press (2x10kg)

3x12 Standing Upright Row (2x10kg)

3x12 Triceps Extension (10kg)

4x15 French Press (14kg)

Reading

None.

Music

Album of the day was "Strictly Personal" by Captain Beefheart, which I listened to and posted about. Also got two more albums off my "oops, added them too late for the timeline" list, John Lee Hooker's "That's my story" and Sam Cooke's "Night Beat".

Videogame

Big day in this area. Finished " Dear Esther" in about an hour. Can't say I was excited, the visuals were nice but it felt more like I was walking through a collection of set pieces meant to showcase some new screen or graphics card, not much else to do besides literally just walk through the game without even interacting with the scenery. I then put on King of Fighters which apparently runs at an insanely fast pace for my, so that's out the window. Then I gave Helium Rain a try. It starts off like a nice and mellow space trucking simulator, but there's only so much one can get excited about taking things (commodities, VIPs etc) from point A to point B, especially when done through fast travel. The main point was trying to aling the ship right every time in order to dock, which too can get old and I saw one of the first research items is to automate that process. There's promise of fleets and space combat later on, but I couldn't be arsed and not when movement is so wobbly and mouse based. Next up on the chopping block was Hell Division, supposedly a drone combat game, in reality a hastily slapped together unfinished mess trying to pass itself as a game. Last but not least, I played Tonight We Riot, which is a fun side scrolling beat em up game about rebellion against le capitalist tyrants. Enjoyed the pixelated style and synth soundtrack, as well as the fantastic humor of it all, completing it in just about 2 hours.

Duolingo

Did both Spanish and German for the day.

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳

Workouts 💪

Music 🔉

Duolingo 🦉

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Challenge day 16/35

Tuesday, February 27

Nutrition

Had a second serving of lunch, so although it was according to the plan in terms of ingredients, I went overboard with the quantities. Later that night I found myself at a friend's home and we shared a pizza. Marking this as a fail.

Workouts

Rest Day

Reading

None.

Music

Album of the day was "Electric Mud" by Muddy Waters, which I listened to and posted about.

Videogame

Didn't get to play anything,

Duolingo

Actually didn't do either. The app automatically used a streak freeze, but no practice was had.

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🥸

Workouts 💪

Music 🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🪳

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Challenge day 17/35

Wednesday, February 28

Nutrition

Didn't stick to the plan, sadly.

Workouts

3x15 Bent Over Row (2x10kg)

3x15 Rear Delt Row (2x10kg)

3x8 Seated Alternating Dumbbell Curls (10kg)

3x12 Zottman Curls (10kg)

3x8 Weighted Crunches (20kg)

4x30 Twisting Crunches

Reading

None.

Music

Album of the day was "Electric Ladyland" by Jimi Hendrix, which I listened to (again) and posted about.

Videogame

Didn't get to play anything,

Duolingo

Back on the saddle, did my bit with both languages.

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🥸🥸

Workouts 💪💪

Music 🔉🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🪳🦉

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Challenge day 18/35

Thursday, February 29

Nutrition

Had a plan, but when I put it together, I wasn't planning on this being the day I'd be travelling to see my lovely girlfriend ❤️ I had a solid breakfast, basically skipped lunch and had dinner with her, so I think I did pretty well either way.

Workouts

Forced rest day due to travelling.

Reading

Actually did read another chapter from The Dispossessed while on the plane!

Music

Album of the day was "The Marble Index" by Nico.  Knowing I'd be travelling, I'd listened to this the previous day and made my notes, so all I had to do was post them.

Videogame

Played The First Tree for an hour and a half while on the plane. Wasn't terrible, but can't say I'm excited to play it again and finish it. Onwards and upwards.

Duolingo

Up to speed here, did both German and Spanish.

Weekly Tracker

Nutrition 🧑‍🍳🥸🥸

Workouts 💪💪

Music 🔉🔉🔉🔉

Duolingo 🦉🪳🦉🦉

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

I was going to put this challenge on hiatus, but then I realized it ends on the 17th when I return on the 19th, so I might as well be honest and end it early at this point. Still watchful of my eating and workouts and everything, just not super mindful to hit specific goals on a daily basis and come back here to report them.

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker