Darciana: Progress, Not Perfection

Hello Friends!

I'm so behind on everything it feels I'll never catch up. This challenge will simply be about making progress and eliminating perfectionism.

My Coach has me working on meeting macros which are subject to change as time goes and we see how my body responds. I'll be focused on being as consistent with those as possible to see progress.

My workouts are on my own as I'm not paying for that package - I can still upload my workouts so my Coach can see my activity and adjust macros based on my workout schedule as it has a pretty big impact.

I'm not paying for the mental health package, but she still will pop in with some suggestions to help lower stress or improve mental health through morning or evening routines, which is nice and it's always good to get new ideas on how to improve mental health and reduce stress (which I've been having a LOT of stress lately with work).

My goals are currently:

Walk 8-9k steps daily

Walk 10 minutes daily

Drink 80-90oz water daily

Bi-weekly photos/measurements

Weekly weigh ins (I weigh daily and it auto-uploads so we can use an average)

Meet macro goals (30% protein, 38% carbs, 32% fat as of typing this)

Overall, my goal is to get my money's worth and see the progress I've been missing while trying to go this alone by sticking to my Coach's guidelines and staying consistent.

To assist with the above:

Weekly meal plan/prep. If nothing else, at least plan meals and prep the protein and time-consuming sides (as needed)

Stock up on balanced snacks and those with specific macros (I tend to hit my fat goal first so stocking up on nonfat protein/carb snacks is beneficial I'm finding)

Morning routine including daily affirmation, daily check in, work to-do list (prioritize work for the day), weekly Tarot (Monday), daily Rune & Oracle, and any spiritual rituals (New Moon, Full Moon, Sabbat, etc)

Greet the Day (ground outside) and Meditation (aim to do so on a walk outside otherwise guided meditation as needed)

I also want to continue to focus on budget. We had a large unexpected house expense hit so the Man and I are working diligently to tackle this (he was able to get a loan to cover it but that's one more payment now added) and our other debts to stay on track. Fortunately we have a plan in place and are working together to make this as seamless as possible despite the hiccups. Now to stick to that plan and get this debt paid down!

Here's a photo of my sweet babies because I can't help but share them ❤️

Share the couch.jpg

• Like 4

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Now I'm set up, I can check in.

I've eaten over macros all weekend - I splurged on dessert and didn't think to track until after I ate it. Oops.

I'm back on track today. 9g over fat and still have to get another snack with 33g carbs and 23g protein to meet goals without adding any more fat. I'm allowed +/- 10g so I have 1g fat of wiggle room for the day. Whew. I should've looked at my pre-tracked lunch/dinner before I ate breakfast. I know for tomorrow, though.

Workout was good - leg day. I did legs Friday (more booty/back - the ones I can't hit on our normal Monday leg day in the hour we set aside) and was still sore this morning. Despite that, I managed to up my weigh on the hack squat. The Smith Machine was taken so I attempted my first barbell squat without the support of the machine. Whew. That was hard. It was a good workout though.

Budget is looking okay. I've paid ahead on several things. I have to take poor Smoke in to the vet for a drop off this morning after my next meeting. We went on a walk Friday morning and he was sniffing like crazy, as usual. Then he started having a sneezing fit. After several hours of on and off fits, I called the vet and they had me start him on Zyrtec and give him the weekend to see if he improved. He has them periodically through the day and last night he had one so not much improvement. Now he's licking his nose like it's dripping - I can't tell if it's just a runny nose or it's blood. He doesn't seem to be acting any different, but it is worrisome. Unfortunately, a trip to the vet means $$$ so we will see what the damage is. Thankfully I have pet insurance to help but I'll have pay first and they'll reimburse if it's eligible. We shall see how that goes.

I need to knock out my Weekly Tarot, Daily Rune & Oracle, Greet the Day, and Meditation. I'll have to knock that out after I get back home. Hopefully work, which is stupid-busy, won't blow up while I'm gone. Fingers crossed. Alright, time to get ready to head out. Bye! ❤️ 

• Like 2

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Oh, poor Smoke. I didn't know dogs had allerigies. 

Woot for an awesome workout!

• Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hope Smoke is okay! 

Here, of course. 💜

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, Sovalis said:

Hope Smoke is okay! 

Here, of course. 💜

Thank you, as always ❤️ I never have a doubt. The vet couldn't figure it out but gave me steriod drops to put in his nose twice a day for 3 days to see if it'll help with inflammation. It's our best guess. 

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Oh, poor Smoke. I didn't know dogs had allerigies. 

Woot for an awesome workout!

They sure can. Dogs can have small doses of benadryl (I've had to give Harley this after she ate a "spicy sky raisin" AKA bee. Flies are "regular sky raisins") and I found out that dogs can also have Zyrtec for standard allergies like humans have! Obviously observe the pup for reactions but so far, no change good or bad for Smoke on Zyrtec.

23 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Following along!

Welcome, my Dear, and thank you ❤️ 

Hello hello Friends!

I have my updated macros and had to do a last-minute change to my meals yesterday. I was relatively successful in meeting those new macros. I'll update my introduction/challenge outline after this post so long as I remember to by then. Today I've gotten things situated so I'm nearly perfect on goal - in my +/- 10g limit: 9g under on fat, 3g under carbs, and 4g under protein goal (~120cal under but we're focusing on macros, not calories).

Our lunch isn't the tastiest. It isn't horrible, but not something I look forward to. We are repeating last week's lunch (the Man is a big fan and I'm not mad at it) for next week but adding extra protein since it was on the lower end and we both need the extra protein. I'm in charge of dinner and I found a high protein dinner on my Coach's app that sounds delicious that I'm going to attempt. Need to figure out the weekend but I have time. I like doing this early in the week so I'm not last minute putting things together.

The workout this morning was good, but we had to improvise because the gym is getting crazy busy in the mornings. Guess everyone is starting to get in there to tone up for summer? Our routine was back&biceps&shoulders and we did manage that at least. I surprised the Man with my machine lat pulldown (by the time I got to cable later, I was spent and didn't hit that weight again). That was satisfying.

I hope going forward the gym doesn't get so bad I have to figure out a new schedule/time to go when its quieter but also works with food/work (I don't want to eat right before bed for example but I don't want to work out right before bed, either).  It's hard because it's at least a 40minute round trip just to drive there so lunch isn't ideal since it'll be nearly a 2 hour lunch. Fingers crossed it maintains current (which is still too busy for my liking) or improves - not getting worse/busier.

I did go for a walk this morning as weather has been a little iffy and I didn't want to risk planning a lunch walk and it be rainy. Worked out since I now have a meeting at 1pm so my lunch has a deadline and afternoons are always when the last minute meetings and tasks pop up. My walk goal has been removed by my Coach but it's a good thing to maintain for the dogs and I anyway. Plus, it helps me meet my step goal.

My water goal has been upped to 100+ ounces a day (with goal to work up to a gallon a day in time) and my steps have bumped up to 9k-10k minimum. I'm guessing steps will increase to 10k+ daily over time, as well. I'll update these tasks as well, above.

Today I didn't meditate well on the walk but I did Greet the Day. I'll pause for a meditation later on with a guided meditation of some sort. I also need to do my daily Rune & Oracle. I hope tomorrow is calm enough to knock everything out as well as my New Moon ritual.

Alright, time to go eat lunch so I can check in on everyone else and still be ready for my call at 1! I hope something happens today that makes you smile goofy big ❤️ 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Darciana said:

Our lunch isn't the tastiest. It isn't horrible, but not something I look forward to.

This is me eating the leftover pasta I made on Monday that the kids didn't like so now I'm stuck with four servings to get through by myself...  😒

20 hours ago, Darciana said:

I hope going forward the gym doesn't get so bad I have to figure out a new schedule/time to go when its quieter but also works with food/work (I don't want to eat right before bed for example but I don't want to work out right before bed, either).  It's hard because it's at least a 40minute round trip just to drive there so lunch isn't ideal since it'll be nearly a 2 hour lunch. Fingers crossed it maintains current (which is still too busy for my liking) or improves - not getting worse/busier.

Hopefully it's just a pre-summer rush! I'm sure it'll die down once people start taking their summer trips. It's probably similar to Janu-rush.

Congrats on your hard work already and adjusting your challenge accordingly! You're going to crush it!

• Thanks 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Coasting Along

Good Morning, Darling! I hope you are off to a good start today! Happy New Moon! ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

A bit late dearest but here to follow and support!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

On 5/8/2024 at 8:06 AM, athousandwords said:

This is me eating the leftover pasta I made on Monday that the kids didn't like so now I'm stuck with four servings to get through by myself...  😒

Hopefully it's just a pre-summer rush! I'm sure it'll die down once people start taking their summer trips. It's probably similar to Janu-rush.

Congrats on your hard work already and adjusting your challenge accordingly! You're going to crush it!

Yes, the Man and I each have a lunch through Friday and then we're free. At least next week's lunch is much better- the Man is a huge fan of it, I'm not as enthusiastic but I do enjoy it. Dinner will be surprise. Hopefully it isn't so bad.

I also hope this is the pre-summer rush similar to the Janu-rush. Today wasn't so busy but there's 2 new pairs of younger girls that are joining so I'm wondering if it really is a summer rush. They're delightful and it's always nice to see young girls willing to lift weights. I can easily handle the number of people we had today during our normal time.

On 5/8/2024 at 9:30 AM, Sovalis said:

Good Morning, Darling! I hope you are off to a good start today! Happy New Moon! ❤️ 

Good morning Darling! Blessed New Moon (belated) to you! ❤️ May your intentions be realized and bring much joy

Hello Friends!

Today we did arms and shoulders. I'm still sore from Tuesday's and yesterday's arms (the Man wants to grow his arms and drags me with because it's my weakest area that I do need to improve to be more balanced....it also happens to be my least favorite). I did lower weight but higher reps to not do any more damage - it was more movement to push that lactic acid out. I did talk to one of the girls there and she showed me where they keep the cable ankle straps so I can do cable kickbacks tomorrow during leg2/booty day. I did squats on Monday so I needed to find a replacement exercise to fit in for tomorrow. The plan: hip thrusts, good mornings, romanian deadlift, cable kickbacks. Last week I did walking lunges (with dumbbells) so I'll replace those with good mornings this week to see how that feels. If it doesn't work out, I'll go back to walking lunges.

Now to actually get up in the morning. These last 2 days have been so hard to wake up and go. If the Man doesn't get up, it'll be a harder battle but I'm determined. I've been impatient to get back to leg/booty so I should be able to push myself out of bed if for nothing more than my favorite gym day!

I've got next week's groceries figured out. Now I need to figure out what to do for Saturday and Sunday this weekend and get those in the grocery list. The Man and I are both working to increase protein. He chooses high fat protein options whereas my Coach lowered my fat macros so I have to be careful. I'm thinking I'll plan for fish for dinner at least one of those days.

For next week, fortunately, he wants to repeat last week's lunch next week and it's not terribly high in fat. I got to choose our dinner and I pulled a high protein option from my Coaching app. I hope it turns out okay, though. We shall see! I'm feeling a bit more confident with every day that I get within the 10g of goal on macros.

I did do my New Moon ritual yesterday but I didn't "read" the cards until this morning. I took the dogs for a longer walk in the afternoon but a shorter one in the later afternoon since Smoke was doing a backdoor dance needing to go out and my meetings had ended early. I managed to get a good Greet the Day and small meditation on each of those walks. The added bonus of needing to take them frequently because they can't go out back.

I'll do much of the same today, as well, as the guys are still working on our septic.

Speaking of, that's been rough. It's so rocky they're finding it difficult to dig far enough down due to the rockiness so they've had to adjust the location several times and it's taking double the time to knock this fix out due to that.

Budget is good. Luckily the vet didn't cost much at all [Smoke is doing much better now with no sneezing fits in over 24 hours] and no other surprises. I did spend a little extra online but they're small needs and I have plenty of leftover budget. I've already moved money into my grocery debit (hopefully won't need more) and I'll likely move more money into my truck/loan payment account to reduce the amount needed from next paycheck (which also helps cover Big Bills)

Alright, guy is coming to pick up the Peloton so I have to go help disassemble it and get it ready to go. I hope you have a beautiful day

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

You are smashing this challenge!

Thank you. It helps that I've made this challenge a little less intense due to the Coaching and the upcoming work travel I know is going to happen. Our Kickoff Meeting happens 2-3 weeks after Purchase Order is issued (aiming for next week) which means traveling the last week of May or first week of June. Luckily it should just be a one day event so a turn and burn much like last week's travel. With hopefully less weather concerns/scares.

• Like 2

Well, I got fired from my project.

I'm nervous because it shines a bad light on me and puts my future job security at risk with this company but I'm not upset. I wish it was taken from me sooner because it was too overwhelming for me. At least in the meeting they discussed that this was one of the highest stakes/highest pressure/highest visibility projects the company has ever done. Not only was this the biggest, but my package was a first ever for the company (no references, no go-by examples, nothing) and it was given to me half done with very little guidance until it was too late. All of that has been recognized. I failed for sure at times, but I know much of that is pure overwhelm. I froze. I knew the information, but my mind went totally blank. Unfortunately, it went blank in front of big management who decided they wanted me removed. I don't blame them. Said I need to be more assertive. That is true - I've been told that all my life. I'm working on it, trust me. Building my confidence with my Coach will help, I'm sure.

This means I won't be traveling for the kickoff meeting in 2-3 weeks. I still have other work/projects and I'll be given some work in my background (power plants) so I'll have a bit more comfort versus what I've been going through these last 2 big projects. Hopefully I can put my head down and rebuild my team's confidence in me with some good work going forward. I also have some serious lessons I've learned and can take going forward. I've also given feedback which has triggered some training being created for us newer folks who haven't gone through some of these processes. Not only was I learning new equipment, I was learning a new process - just one of those things is overwhelming. Trying to do both at the same time was not fun. I'm glad, though, that my feedback is being heard and I'll have some good training. I have a few notes to go find some of the pre-recorded training that will give me a high level look that was put out while I was still on-boarding with the company and missed a couple years ago. I think that will help, too.

I'm relieved but I'm scared as hell. Now I have to really put in the hard work to make sure I redeem myself. Here's to a better work situation going forward.

EDIT:

I consulted my Plague Doctor Oracle (by Witchy Trinket Box on Etsy). 

"Phoenix: it is time to heal your wounds, accept your failures and else again! You have enough power to try again and succeed."

I also reread my New Moon tarot pull. I'm to act as if I already succeeded, find my natural ambition, follow my intuition, and focusing on using the resource of networking. 

Well, Universe, thanks. I think I see now.

PXL_20240509_234651499.jpg

• Like 2

I'm so sorry - that's a big upset in your work and it sounds like they really underestimated the project needs. I feel like you have a really good, sane, healthy outlook on this. Focus on the process breakdowns, where more training can happen, how can you make sure you (and others!) don't end up in a situation like this again. I get the feeling of needing to prove/redeem yourself, but be kind to yourself too.  I hope this at least gives you some breathing room - I know how stressful work was for you when you were juggling volunteer duties during the eclipse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

I want to echo what @athousandwords said.  It sounds like there was a lot of stuff outside your control going on with the project and expecting you to pick up all the pieces without all the knowledge was a failure on their part and not yours.   As someone that has been in this situation a few times, I know how hard it can be. I hope you also have some reduced stress in life and some time to recoup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

11 hours ago, athousandwords said:

I'm so sorry - that's a big upset in your work and it sounds like they really underestimated the project needs. I feel like you have a really good, sane, healthy outlook on this. Focus on the process breakdowns, where more training can happen, how can you make sure you (and others!) don't end up in a situation like this again. I get the feeling of needing to prove/redeem yourself, but be kind to yourself too.  I hope this at least gives you some breathing room - I know how stressful work was for you when you were juggling volunteer duties during the eclipse.

Thank you. Seriously. Reading this really helped.

1 hour ago, Sepherina said:

I want to echo what @athousandwords said.  It sounds like there was a lot of stuff outside your control going on with the project and expecting you to pick up all the pieces without all the knowledge was a failure on their part and not yours.   As someone that has been in this situation a few times, I know how hard it can be. I hope you also have some reduced stress in life and some time to recoup.

Thank you, thank you. A shift in perspective helps.

These responses made me cry - the good kind. The kind of cry when you feel seen/heard and validated. I can't thank you enough for that. It's exactly what I needed to read right before I started my work day with a shifted focus.

Today the Man and I got up to do some more leg work. He focused on squats and full leg. I focused on the booty/hips mostly with hip thrusts, good mornings, romanian deadlifts, cable kickbacks, and walking lunges with dumbbells. It was good and very much needed. Took my mind off of work better than anything else I'd done since the news yesterday afternoon.

I've pre-planned my meals as best I can given we plan to go out for dinner tonight since tomorrow's plans may change based on weather. I'm going to make good decisions and be mindful but not worry about being perfect. I have Sunday's meals planned out to meet my macros, I just need to figure out Saturday, which again, is dependent on weather. We want to go to the river to kayak so we may end up eating out but if weather keeps us from going, we'll likely eat at home.

Budget is good for me which is good since the Man has been covering the septic expenses. If the guys can't finish today, we have to find an additional $1,000 for labor charges on Monday which sucks. Then we had to get filler dirt because what they dug up is too rocky and heavy to put back over the new drain field without potentially damaging it. This filler dirt is estimated to cost an additional $1,500 due to having to use dump trucks rather than a semi and we must pay for the fuel and such for each of the 4 trucks (versus 1 semi). The Man put the filler dirt on his credit card since they'll charge once the last truck leaves after dumping (aiming for today, but could be Monday, if weather cooperates, otherwise later in the week).

These are needed to have a functioning septic. We are limiting our dishwashing as much as possible, no laundry, and have to use the bathroom/shower on the office side of the house which is tied to a second (fully functioning) septic. It's really annoying to have to walk to the other side of the house (I counted, it's 67 steps from my bedroom door to the only usable bathroom).

If weather cooperates (hopefully it does) I'll take the dogs out for a walk around lunch to Greet the Day, meditate, and get them to do their business since they're still trapped inside unable to go out back. I'm going to focus on doing a little more spiritual work today to connect to my innermost self and do some healing and grounding so I can move forward with a fresh and clear mind next week, ready to do quality work.

• Like 2

Oof, Darling, that work stuff sounds rough. I agree with everything that athousandwords and Sepherina said though - I feel that this was them asking you to work above capacity with tools they hadn’t given you and that isn’t responsible on their part and sets you up to fail no matter how good your intentions  and work ethic. You are not to blame here. And I want to underscore what athousandwords said about being kind to yourself - I know you have a pattern of people pleasing and I can see that you want to be “good” in their eyes again, but you need to be kind to yourself as well: you worked as hard as you could with everything you had, this is not your fault. Try to be fair about the ways they failed you here, too, so you aren’t taking on too much responsibility for something so outside your control. I am really proud of you for the way you are thinking about this and offering them feedback, accepting their training, etc. That shows maturity and growth. Selfishly, I am also happy that you are off the stressful project because it sounded like a lot. I don’t like that this causes you to feel precarious in your job though. Hoping that feeling goes away with some reassurances from them. *fingers crossed*

I love you, Sweet Phoenix. You’ve got this. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Oof, Darling, that work stuff sounds rough. I agree with everything that athousandwords and Sepherina said though - I feel that this was them asking you to work above capacity with tools they hadn’t given you and that isn’t responsible on their part and sets you up to fail no matter how good your intentions  and work ethic. You are not to blame here. And I want to underscore what athousandwords said about being kind to yourself - I know you have a pattern of people pleasing and I can see that you want to be “good” in their eyes again, but you need to be kind to yourself as well: you worked as hard as you could with everything you had, this is not your fault. Try to be fair about the ways they failed you here, too, so you aren’t taking on too much responsibility for something so outside your control. I am really proud of you for the way you are thinking about this and offering them feedback, accepting their training, etc. That shows maturity and growth. Selfishly, I am also happy that you are off the stressful project because it sounded like a lot. I don’t like that this causes you to feel precarious in your job though. Hoping that feeling goes away with some reassurances from them. *fingers crossed*

I love you, Sweet Phoenix. You’ve got this. ❤️ 

Thank you, Darling. I'm really trying to keep the positive as the focus and not spiral/snowball through "what ifs" that aren't an imminent threat.

Fortunately the assignment I have for today is something I'm a bit more comfortable/confident in so I feel like I can succeed and show my best work without so much pressure. As for the assignments I'll get next week, they're focused in my background (power plant) so I'll feel a bit more at home and comfortable. I feel as if I can work hard and redeem myself without stressing myself out about it. It's a way to build the trust back with my team, but also with myself and remind myself I am capable, even if I "failed" on this one.

• Like 1

Hello Lovelies!

I was a bit tired and sore going into the workout this morning but it ended up being a good one. Despite a rough start, I was able to get comfortable with the barbell back squat which I started incorporating last Monday. Last week I felt a little iffy on it but this week I felt stronger and more stable which is great! I cannot wait to continue building on that going forward. The Man is headed home from the surgeon's. He's got a partial tear in his shoulder so he went to see about treatment. The was talk about avoiding surgery and doing injections with therapy since partial tears can be healed without surgery if done right. We will see if the surgeon is limiting his workouts at all or, if he got an injection today, if he's up to working out tomorrow at all.

Meals are prepped for lunch for Monday-Friday. Dinner is prepped for us Monday-Thursday with a tentative plan for Fish Friday since my meal prep only made 4 days (and doubled to include the Man). I didn't have the mental capacity or desire to bother with calculating another day of food for each of us. Breakfasts are set up with Kodiak Power Cups (I linked one flavor but I have a mix of the Flapjack flavors for something slightly different each day). My macros didn't change since we were seeing good progress but I've been doing so well at meeting my macros all week (I only went over fat one day because we ate out) and I've been going above and beyond with my steps most days. However, since I am doing so well and macros haven't changed, we are adding a new layer: increasing fiber. This change came after I ate my protein cup this morning so I'm improvising a bit for the day to hit 20-25g fiber (to work my way up to 35g). Starting tomorrow, I'll incorporate some extra fiber into the power cup before I microwave to add some fiber first thing. I already did my grocery shopping so adding higher fiber staples will have to wait until next week but I think I can manage with what I have on hand in the house for this week. 

All good budget-wise. So long as no unexpected charges hit my account, I will have enough to nearly pay off the credit card I used to pay for coaching which is exciting. I'll wait to do that until closer to the end of the week since my next paycheck doesn't arrive until Friday and I'd rather play it safe. Once that one is paid off, I can focus on the card I used for the overseas trip in October (to get points) which we have a tentative plan to pay off by June anyway.

I've been slacking on my daily Rune and Oracle but I did knock out a meditative walk and Greet the Day this morning as well as my weekly Tarot. Tarot was the Eight of Swords which is very suiting given my work situation. The walk was early as there are forecasted storms. I just heard thunder in the distance a bit ago so glad I got that knocked out early.

This week starts the Man's second "semester" of classes. Fingers crossed these next 10 weeks go smoothly considering we will have the kids and vacation to content with while attempting to balance school work and regular work.

Alright, back to work I go! I hope something today makes you feel powerful and confident.

• Like 2

I am so proud of you. You are doing such incredible work right now. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Early check in so I can hopefully get myself in super-focus mode to knock out a huge chunk of this work and stay ahead of schedule (so I don't repeat what happened on the last project).

Workout was good. Very very hard, though. I was struggling with just the weights I had been doing for the last couple weeks. I'm betting on hormones for this shift. I'm super sore from yesterday's legs and usually that's not the case. I've even upped my stretching [something I need to up daily but I'm straight awful at doing it] and religiously taken my magnesium supplements before bed to help offset. Yet, I am still more sore than I have been since I started back to lifting weights at the gym. Anyway, it's done. I didn't drop weight but took it slower, took longer breaks, and was able to push through. I'll thank myself later for it.

The Man ended up going with me. Only on 2 exercises did he do more weight than me - he kept it light and easy which I was super proud of him for. He was very sore yesterday and didn't think he'd work out today or possibly even the rest of the week. Then he decided that it's likely better to move it gently so he went and took it easy. We will see how tomorrow goes but he'll plan to go again, even if it's just to keep it moving. Medical talk:

Spoiler

The surgeon did additional tests and found a hairline fracture in his rotator cuff, a partial tear in one of the muscles in the back of the shoulder, and a partial tear in his bicep. In 2020, when he had surgery on his right shoulder, it was a full tear in a shoulder muscle (in the front, though), partial tear in the bicep, and hairline fracture in the rotator cuff - it's nearly identical. He ended up getting a cortisone shot and follow up instructions. He surgeon was very impressed with the muscle he's put on and is happy to see it. He wants the Man to continue working out within reason - listen to his body stop or lower weight when it hurts, and give it plenty of rest to recover (muscles) and heal (everything).

We discussed on the way to the gym - due to both of us having broke our backs (he didn't get surgery, I did) we both are hoping the struggle we're going through now trying to build up muscle will pay off later. He was told he'll need back surgery eventually which he's trying to avoid. I was told I'll need another spinal fusion eventually, which I'd like to put off as long as possible, if not avoid. We both have Degenerative Disc Disease (early onset) so we're fighting a tough battle. But we both know that this is a lifetime thing and once we reach our goals, we'll have to maintain some gym time to maintain the strength and mobility we both want. Neither of us want to be like our grandparents/parents at retirement: unable to enjoy it due to medical issues.

Alright, enough of that jibberjabber.

My dinner meal prep actually turned out really good, except the kimchi. The brand I bought is absolutely awful! So I'm foregoing that from now on but everything else is a keeper. Lunch is good, definitely more filling than it was a couple weeks ago when we first tried it.

To help with fiber, I dug out my flax/chia/hemp mix as well as my ground flax and chia seeds so I can start adding them into various things to sneak it all in.

Still struggling a bit with protein but I have plans/thoughts, including grabbing some deli meat to munch on as a snack. I have salmon packets but I get tired of those real easily. Will keep researching and learning more.

I did have to run to the grocery this morning after the gym to get more creamer for the Man. While there, I grabbed a tub of unflavored magnesium powder and tart cherry juice as well as some deli ham. The ham is high in fat but the Man requested that. He'll eat more of it than I will. I put some turkey and chicken deli cuts on my grocery list for this weekend and I can improvise until then. The magnesium and cherry juice is for a mocktail, though, to help with the soreness I mentioned above as well as sleep. I used to drink tart cherry juice but it was so expensive to keep up. Now I have a mocktail with the added bonus of magnesium, I can dilute the cherry juice a bit while still getting some benefits. Plus, I found a bottle of it that doesn't absolutely break the bank!

Budget is good! The above impromptu grocery trip was covered by a debit card I got from my previous truck loan - there was an over-payment so they sent the balance to me in pre-filled debit card. I have $18 and change left on the card, but it was nice to not have to spend any other money.

All bills are paid and I've got surplus still. Rather than put it towards a credit card, I'm going to hold on to it in savings for a bit. The Man doesn't get paid until after his trip to Oklahoma to get the kids for summer next weekend (not this weekend, he will leave the 24th to head up there). I'll keep that surplus aside in case I need to transfer him money for whatever reason to cover unexpected expenses. Once he's back and paid, I'll put it towards my smallest card balance. I should even have enough on next paycheck to pay that card off. I only will need about $150 to do so. Tentative plan!

Things are going well on Mundane Magic. I need to go Greet the Day and walk the dogs for a walking meditation, but it looks like the weather will be wonderful for that around lunchtime. I haven't been doing the rune or oracle but I'm feeling okay since I already knocked out the weekly Tarot - something I've been slacking on and doing on Tuesday or Wednesday these last few weeks.

I also nearly ran out of day face serum so I dabble in a little In-Edible Alchemy and created a new face serum. I have yet to try it as I'm using the last little bit of my current one. I think I have enough for 2 more days before I need to switch over. This weekend I'll need to set aside some time to create a night serum as I'm getting low on that, too. I shouldn't have a problem making it to the weekend, though.

The Man looked into his next classes. He has one 1-2 page paper this week I'll need to edit but everything else is a video submission and discussion boards. Next week he'll be a little bit more stressed as he'll need to finish any assignments before he leaves Friday for the kids since he'll be gone all day Friday/Saturday (and assignments should be due Sunday night unless these professors do things differently). I'll be home alone so I can easily knock out any edits, despite my working Friday. It's an 8-hour day, though so I'll be off and bored early enough in the afternoon.

I spoke with a guy who just took his PE exam last week. He said he used the practice exam (which I have) to review and study. He won't find out his results for several more weeks, but he feels pretty good about it. I guess that's the Universe telling me I have what I need to study and get at least close enough. I also got an email that the company is now reimbursing us for the exam fees for our first attempt. Last I looked, the PE exam costs $350 or so, not including any study materials or calculators (which only specific ones are allowed in). The calculator and study materials are not covered, but it's nice to know the $350 exam fee is. Plus, there's a "bonus" for passing and getting licensed if you do it while employed here. I hear you, Universe. Calm down.

Alright, I really need to go focus now. I hope today is full of sunshine and butterflies (figuratively or literally, depending on your personal preferences)

• Like 2

Good stuff, Darling. Upping both fibre and protein is challenging for me as they both make me feel much fuller. I hope you find a balance that works for you! Cherry juice sounds delicious! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

Good stuff, Darling. Upping both fibre and protein is challenging for me as they both make me feel much fuller. I hope you find a balance that works for you! Cherry juice sounds delicious! 

It can be quite overwhelming, it's a strong flavor. I love cherries, though, so I'm perfectly happy with it. Diluting it, though, will make it a bit easier on the taste buds and wallet.

I think I've gotten my body adjusted to the protein aspect as I can eat all my meals/snacks without issue while I struggled with being overly full the first week and a half. The fiber thing is definitely a bit of a challenge will fullness. Hopefully it's a quick adjustment as well and I can move on quickly.

• Like 1

Great progress! Sounds like you're finding really creative ways to up your fiber and protein and absolutely smashing it at keeping bills in check! 🏅

• Thanks 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Hi Friends! I'm listening in to a training while typing this up so I apologize for any typos. I'm trying my best to avoid tuning out the training entirely, which I tend to do when I'm typing up other things. Hehe

Read at your own risk, hormonal issues:

Spoiler

My hormones are all kinds of wonky this week. I think I'm so sore due to hormones and that time of the month. Last night, I woke up with cramps various times through the night in various parts of my body (back, arm twice, each leg multiple times) and this morning PMS hit me hard with fatigue and cramps. I ended up going to the gym to work out since I know there's plenty of proof that it's more beneficial to do it, but wow that sucked. I was so weak. I had to drop reps/weight on so much just to get through. The Man even noticed how much more I was struggling, even compared to previous months. I hope that once this week is over, things can go back to normal because I'm truly struggling.

Got workout in but seriously dreading tomorrow and Friday morning. I'm exhausted from the minimal sleep (hello muscle cramps all night) and my body is still immensely sore. I'm struggling both physically and mentally at the moment and the weekend cannot come fast enough for rest and recovery. At least I'm off work Friday so I can go back to sleep/rest/recover after our workout (assuming we go - if the Man doesn't get up, I probably won't either if I feel anything close to how I've felt all this week so far).

Food is good. Still struggling with fat - it's hard considering my lunch meal prep is so high in fat by itself due to using chicken thighs as the protein source rather than a leaner breast. I'm still managing, though, and have meals/snacks planned out for the day. Next week is my last week of meal prep before I need to take on the added challenge of planning and making dinner for the entire family - the Man goes to get the kids the 24th and gets home with them the 25th. I've already let Coach know and she'll help guide me through this as best as possible. The Man and I talked about still meal-prepping our lunches but dinner is a family affair and we'll need to do as we used to with a different meal each night. Hopefully due to my shopping schedule/requirements, I'll have meals planned appropriately ahead of time and will simply need to be mindful/aware of portions and selections. I may have to forego certain parts of some dinners and substitute something different. I'll work on that as we go, just something I'm bringing up for transparency and to start that thought process.

I did manage my walk yesterday with Greet the Day. I attempted to meditate but it wasn't very good at all. I need to remember to take my earbuds and listen to a walking meditation to really dial that back in. I will try for another lunch walk. Hopefully it won't be too hot. It seems the humidity of the last week has died down now and the hottest part of the day is several hours after I try to get the walk in.

I've found myself struggling to infuse intentions into my coffee and stir them in lately. I'm not sure if its the brain fog/fatigue I mentioned above or if it's a disconnect. Its hard to tell when I feel so disconnected just due to the fatigue. I'm still doing my best and that's all that matters, I suppose.

Budget is good, no change from yesterday - I'm happy for that.

Training presentation ended so I have to go do actual, real work now. I hope I can pop in tomorrow with a better situation ❤️ Until then, thanks for being amazing and supportive and beautifully, authentically you

• Like 1