• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Flytch

Can you work out every day?

It doesn't need to be all the way down, I think the thighs just need to be parallel for it to count. That's why a lot of lifters take such a wide stance in competition, so they have a shorter Range Of Motion. I believe they do this so that everyone can be judged fairly, anybody can go down with thighs parallel, but some people may not have proper hip flexibility to go all the way down. It makes it equal for everybody.

Just my guess though.

What you really cannot do every day is build muscle (in the same group). Doing a deadlift every day will not ever get you from 200 to 300. But it will get you from 200 (3 reps) to 200 (20 reps) because you can train those muscles for endurance every day.

I don't know Anivair, when I first started getting into serious training I deadlifted every day with the weights my dad bought at a garage sale. They were in weird increments like 8.8 and 14.3 lbs. I managed to get from something around 80 pounds to around 160 in two weeks with one rest day total using a Grease The Groove format.

And besides, going from 200X3 to 200X20 does mean you've gotten stronger. You've busted through Strength (1-5), through hypertrophy (6-12) and into pure Endurance (12+). Also, you have to remember that Strength and Endurance are two similar things, that being Raw Strength (1-5) and Strength Endurance (12+) both have to do with moving something heavy. Just because they're two different rep ranges doesn't mean that they're two entirely different things, it pretty much just comes down to how many times you can move something. I'd call a Powerlifter who can Deadlift 800 Pounds twice and a Bodybuilder who could Deadlift 400 Pounds 8 times strong, both in their own ways. It's all relative as to what you're talking about.

According to this: http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/orm.htm

3 Reps at 200 lbs= 212 1RM

20 Reps at 200 lbs= 424 1RM

So, although the hypothetical Deadlifter has only lifted the same weight, he has technically gotten stronger.

--------------------------------------------

And you know what, since the workout every day thing comes up every once in a while, I'm getting a gym membership and Squatting almost every day for a month when I can afford it. I'll write an article about Greasing The Groove with weights in time.

Edited by MMyers

What you really cannot do every day is build muscle (in the same group). Doing a deadlift every day will not ever get you from 200 to 300. But it will get you from 200 (3 reps) to 200 (20 reps) because you can train those muscles for endurance every day.

That is a very broad generalization. The biggest hurdle to serious lifting is the mental burnout, not muscle fatigue. It is brutal to fry your CNS day in and day out.

The adage is true - there's no such thing as overtraining, just undereating and undersleeping. The reality is that it takes more time and willpower than 99% of the people out there can muster. We're talking, full-time, "WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!" attitude.

A good example is Steve Reishus over at Let No One Say You Can't. He squats every day and sees increases in PR for reps and max.

To me, this workout plan is brutal, but for him it fits his goals:

"

Mon- Squat, Bench, Clean

Tues- Clean and Jerk, Squat

Wed- Squat, Bench, Clean

Thurs- Clean and Jerk, Squat

Fri- Squat, Bench, Deadlift

Sat- Clean and Jerk, Squat

Sun- (Opt.) Squat

My reasoning is that these exercises carry over well to almost anything and they cover many of the bases I would need for any strength endeavor. I'll throw some extras in here and there, such as specific strongman events like farmer's walk or axle clean and press if I know I need to do them. I'll tackle that when it comes up. I hate getting bogged down with a million exercises, wasting time on the micro when the macro isn't even up to par.

Oh yea; my rest periods are going to be pullup time. I'm not even counting them in my exercise list, because I'm just going to do a crap ton of them whenever I think of it. Because I can.

It's a lot. It's going to be rough. I want to spend no more than 2 hrs. on a session, especially the weekend ones, so obviously it's all flexible. I've found that cybernetic style training works much better and allows me to absorb a bad day instead of trying to fight through to get your percentages for the day. "

Fair enough. I think giving yourself time for supercompensation certainly makes it a lot easier to increase muscle mass and strength, but I suppose if you do something every day you'll build up that way as well. I'm not sure which way I think might be better, but I know it would exhaust me. It will certainly build much more enduring muscles doing it that way, IMO. Same as anything else you might do every day.

that said, I don't know if I think you can go max effort every day with great success. I'll have to do more researching before I have an opinion.

A lot depend on what you want you want to achieve and your current weight.Yes,you can work out every day but you need to be far more careful about your diet.In addition to this there are more chances of injury.

as much as you would see lots of gains personally i would of thought it would overload your CNS tbh, you're muscles would adapt but idk about your CNS maybe same thing every other day (talking long term health not short term gains) also would think you might burn out your joints...

probably best to do something like a heavy day, a light day and some other days where you build around your main lifts (for instance heavy deadlift one day, light deadlift another and something like kettlebell swings another) just a thought if you don't fancy killing yourself everyday, but everyones different, just gotta see what's right for you