If you had one workout...

If you had one workout to do before your wedding day, what would it be? Looks like I'm going to be able to hit the gym the morning of my wedding and I'm starting to put together the routine I want to do.

At the moment it's looking like a full body hypertrophy regime (mid rep range, with additional supplemental focus on vanity body parts) followed by some moderate intensity, low impact cardio for jitters.

What would yours be?

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Congratulations on your marriage!

I've actually been thinking about this a lot, as I'm getting married in early June. I'm planning to do a 75 minute ashtanga ("power") yoga session. For me -

• Yoga, moreso than anything else, alleviates my self-esteem/body-image issues, at least temporarily.
  • It'll leave me sore, but not debilitatingly sore, so I can still dance and such.
  • The shivasana (lying down meditation part) may ease my nerves a little <-- though, to be honest, I'm not expecting anything short of a tranquilizer to calm me down.

I've mulled over this a lot. Contemplating my morning workout keeps me from freaking out over canapes. PRIORITIES.

It never gets easier, you just get better.

Blog -- 1st Challenge! -- Log -- Pinterest -- Goodreads

Heavy squats, weighted pull-ups, handstands, and sprinting. Dat testosterone, it make-a me feel so nice.

You. I like your style =)

Sexy time

Unfortunately the fiancee had this whole pesky no sexy time before the ceremony rule. Some garbage about having to get her hair, makeup, and nails done and all her bridesmaids following her around and that making it a bit awkward. Believe me I TRIED to find a work-around but no dice =)

Congratulations on your marriage!

I've actually been thinking about this a lot, as I'm getting married in early June. I'm planning to do a 75 minute ashtanga ("power") yoga session. For me -

• Yoga, moreso than anything else, alleviates my self-esteem/body-image issues, at least temporarily.
  • It'll leave me sore, but not debilitatingly sore, so I can still dance and such.
  • The shivasana (lying down meditation part) may ease my nerves a little <-- though, to be honest, I'm not expecting anything short of a tranquilizer to calm me down.

I've mulled over this a lot. Contemplating my morning workout keeps me from freaking out over canapes. PRIORITIES.

Congratz on the pending wedding to you as well! I had actually considered yoga, but then I remembered that all that bendy stuff would make me curl up into a ball and sob hopelessly since it hurts so bad! I think that's mostly because I have the flexibility of a baseball bat though, if I weren't so bad at it I'd definitely have yoga as part of my routine.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Lifting... a glass of scotch.

If there is any time that you should rest, it's around your wedding day. Though, I suppose you're just trying to "get outside your head" and pumping ze irons helps that. I'd do something that requires a lot of attention to detail, so that I could stop thinking about the fact that I'm joining my life to someone else tomorrow... and her father giving me the stink-eye the whole time.

Do some cleans.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Guest Snake McClain

DON'T. DO. ANYTHING!!!!!

SERIOUSLY. workout like two days before. get your workout in then. so you'll be recovered the next day but looking pumped for the weeding. this is what i would do on that prior to the day before wedding workout. scale weight as needed.

bench 135lbs, deadlift 225lbs, push ups, pullups a set of 21 reps, then 15. then 9. again scale weight as needed. Then go hit the rower for a 2k. Ive done this a couple times when i wanted a death workout. it's hard to finish at those weights but a great way to feel awesome. again. be sure to have a rest day between this and the wedding. you'll need it.

also Scotch. as seth said.

congratulations bud.

I agree that you don't want to do anything strenuous. if there's even a teeny, tiny chance you might pull a muscle or over-exert yourself so that you're busted up for the wedding it's not worth it. if you MUST do something, go for a nice, long walk or a leisurely swim.

Update! We got married on Saturday and this is what I managed that morning: 15 minutes of subpar yoga (barely made it through my warmup). I was too tired to be disappointed.

I was unprepared for how exhausted I would be from spending so much time with out-of-town family and friends. Love them bunches, but I was exhausted and tried to save energy for the festivities.

My new suggestion for the morning of your wedding: SLEEP IN!

It never gets easier, you just get better.

Blog -- 1st Challenge! -- Log -- Pinterest -- Goodreads

Update! We got married on Saturday and this is what I managed that morning: 15 minutes of subpar yoga (barely made it through my warmup). I was too tired to be disappointed.

I was unprepared for how exhausted I would be from spending so much time with out-of-town family and friends. Love them bunches, but I was exhausted and tried to save energy for the festivities.

Congrats on the wedding!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Congratz!

Fortunately for me I don't need to be ready to go until 145PM. It won't take me more than 45 minutes to get ready and I don't have anything I need to do that morning, so I've reasonably got a 2 hour window to workout. I'm hoping I'm able to do it.

And to close, congratulations once again!

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Nothing that would make me sore for the wedding night ...

What workout are you doing?

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Am I really going to have to be the one to make the joke about running an ultra marathon away from the church? I kid, I kid. Congratulations. Do what the majority said, workout hard the day before. It's going to be a long day.

Edit: Obviously I missed a few posts above

What workout are you doing?

My plan at this point is:

Squats for endurance (10-20 reps per set, 5-10 sets depending on how I feel)

Leg Press (8-15 reps per set, 5-10 sets depending on how I feel)

Superset

Bench Press (8-15 reps per set, 5-8 sets)

Seated Row or Pendlay Row (8-15 reps per set, 5-8 sets)

Superset

Overhead Press (8-15 reps per set, 4-8 sets)

Shrugs (8-15 reps per set, 4-8 sets)

Superset

Cable Curls (10-30 reps per set, 4-8 sets)

Cable Pulldowns (10-30 reps per set, 4-8 sets)

Pushups 3 sets to failure

Hyperextensions 3 sets to failure

Boxer Leglifts 3 sets to failure

Easy cardio with whatever time I have remaining.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Hmmm, the guys and I went golfing that morning. None of us could actually golf which made it that much more entertaining.

I suck at golf too. I'm phenomenal at driving the little cart for buddies who can golf and drinking all the beers in the cooler though. I'm all pro in that particular sport.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge