Newbie here! I want to level up my life, you can help!

Greetings. My name is Ron and I am from Central Louisiana and I have just begun my lifestyle change to a healthy life. In high school I was fit as could be, worked out everyday, held two black belts (one in tae kwan do and one in american karate), and also taught at the dojo trained at. Fast forward to college. Between classes and living in the dorm room, my number one hobby was WoW. Loved it (still do), but I stopped working out as much as I used to. Add to that I began working a 40 hour a week desk job while in school; working out seemed a thing of the past. You'd think it can't get worse, but my biggest temptation was the Jack in a Box settled just outside my dorm room. Easy to get to, and I didn't have to cook. I thought it was great. I was wrong...

In highschool I was 6'1" and 185 lbs and lean and ripped.

Now at 24 I am 6'1" and 228 sometimes pushing over the 230 mark.

Needless to say, a few weeks ago, I began a journey of self-examination and decided I need to change. I began working on organizing my life, tried eating healthier, began researching all I could on health and nutrition. This past monday I started p90x with some buddies and my wife and Tuesday decided to go cold-turkey paleo. We spent all day Monday cleaning out the kitchen. Got rid of all breads, grains, sugar foods, and processed crap. I attempted a salt water flush to kickstart my new paleo lifestyle.

Then I stumbled across this site. So here I am, ready to dive in and I find an awesome community to plug in to. That's my story, my background, but it's not me anymore. I am moving forward and not looking back! I appreciate any advice, help, prayers, etc.

Thanks,

Ron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lvl 1 Human Ranger

STR:3 | DEX:2 | CON:4 | STA:1 | WIS:2 | CHA:3

Current Challenge: Here

My Daily Battle Log

twitter: @rjphillipsjr

Welcome Ron!

Congratulations on deciding to get back into fitness and make some big changes. One piece of advice I would give you is that it can be tough to make a lot of big changes all at once, so give yourself a lot of slack if you fall behind on any of the things you are trying to do. The temptation if you slide on something can be to give up, and the rebellion never gives up.

Good luck, you should find a lot of friendly folks willing to help you out here.