Movie Plotholes

They didn't just fly the eagles into Mordor because Sauron would have seen them coming and used magic to drop them out of the sky. The eagles couldn't get in till he was already weakened and falling. Even the war was mostly a distraction to make sure he was looking the other way.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

This is not a nerdy movie, but in Beauty and the Beast, despite turning into furniture and a beast, the inhabitants of the palace were all aging right? (before the 21st b'day of the prince etc)

So if they were under the spell for 11 years, the teacup (chip) should be at least 11 years old, right? He looks like a child of 5!

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

This is not a nerdy movie, but in Beauty and the Beast, despite turning into furniture and a beast, the inhabitants of the palace were all aging right? (before the 21st b'day of the prince etc)

So if they were under the spell for 11 years, the teacup (chip) should be at least 11 years old, right? He looks like a child of 5!

And his momma, Mrs Pott's was OLD. I never understood that, and why was a child that little there anyways??

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

Back to the Future Part II:

Biff goes back into time to give the almanac to young 1955 Biff, returns to 2015 where Marty and Doc then go back to 1985....the 1985 that switched to a new timeline where Biff has all the power and money. After which they go back to 1955 to switch the timeline back.

If the timeline switched when young 1955 Biff got the almanac, then old Biff would have gone into the alternate timeline to leave the DeLorean, not the one with the current Doc and Marty allowing them to go back again to switch it back.

I love the series, but for Back to the Future, that's just one of them.

/mybrainhurts

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Guest Snake McClain

for me it is the movie SAW. the first one. Here are my issues...

1) The police say, "jigsaw isn't committing any real crime because he isn't killing them. he gives them a choice." uhhh no. First crime, unlawful restraint. unlawful impisonment is second. both felonies. next if i put you in a room with poison, guess what. i killed you. yup. that's a crime...

2) next we have the fact that the nurse guy (don't know his name) that had kidnapped the dr.'s wife and daughter...he holds a gun to their heads at one point and listens to their heart beats increase and sort of gets off on it...later we find he isn't the killer...why the f*** would he do that? it makes no sense at all. stupid.

3) still discussing the nurse man/kidnapper/not killer...it says in the movie he was poisoned. and then his task was to kidnap the wife and daughter of the doctor and then he would get the anticdote. And let go. We know for a FACT that he knows the location of jigsaw and the dr. husband and the hideout whatever because he runs there at the end of the movie. so let me get this straight...you get poisoned and are told to kidnap a victims family and kill them if a doctor does not kill himself. you know the location of this person you are basically blackmailing. you also are set free after the poisoning... so why don't you go to the hospital tell them you have been poisoned and you need to see an officer of the law right away. give them the address but tell them to be careful because the person who did this is dangerous. bam everyone is safe. oh yeah and jigsaw is in there lying on the floor so when the cops show up and start investigating they'd figure that out in about 5 minutes it was a living guy there. bam. problems solved no need for 7 shitty movies.

if you have an explanation for this i have a laugh i can put in your face. just bad writing.

Biff goes back into time to give the almanac to young 1955 Biff, returns to 2015 where Marty and Doc then go back to 1985....the 1985 that switched to a new timeline where Biff has all the power and money. After which they go back to 1955 to switch the timeline back.

If the timeline switched when young 1955 Biff got the almanac, then old Biff would have gone into the alternate timeline to leave the DeLorean, not the one with the current Doc and Marty allowing them to go back again to switch it back.

/mybrainhurts

Yep... and this.

Guest Snake McClain

/mybrainhurts

I actually make that argument everytime someone brings up the movie. Love b2tf 1&2 but definitely a plot hole for sure.

Original Bullet

1) An F'in mustang couldn't outrun a Charger

2) How does a Charger lose 5 hubcaps???

3) An F'in mustang couldn't outrun a Charger

Also...why when the good guy FINALLY gets the gun on the bad guy, why do they monolog??? When they monolog they let the bad guy get the gun back, then they have another 30 mins of fight. Cap 'em and get it over with.

If the summer camp was once named "Camp Crystal Lake"...DON'T GO THERE TO BE A COUNSLER....EVER

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

i got another LOTR one lol me and my friends watched the first two yesterday as he is recovering from surgery and bedridden , in the two towers when aragorn meats the riders of rohan he says we wer tracking a band of urak hai despite the fact that none of the good characters are ever told that this new breed of orc is called urak hai

Godzilla, the 1998 US version. I just watched it again last night and am wondering. Wouldn't the monster be classified as a critically endangered species (being the only one known) and it be protected instead of being attacked by the military?

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Just got back from Battleship.

As a boiler operator, I can assure you it would take a couple of hours to get that old battleships boilers hot enough to make steam. Also, if it was decommissioned, it wouldn't have any fuel on it. It also wouldn't have any ordinance to fire.

Just sayin.

Also, any movie that involves time travel.

My presumption was that they stopped aging while under the spell. I know in Robin McKinley's Beauty that Beast was bespelled for hundreds of years and everyone was still alive. It's fairy tale logic.

Just got back from Battleship.

As a boiler operator, I can assure you it would take a couple of hours to get that old battleships boilers hot enough to make steam. Also, if it was decommissioned, it wouldn't have any fuel on it. It also wouldn't have any ordinance to fire.

Just sayin.

Was the only thing wrong with that movie? Looks horrible, and I figured as much when I first heard that the game was being turned into a movie.

Was the only thing wrong with that movie? Looks horrible, and I figured as much when I first heard that the game was being turned into a movie.

Well since you asked.

Too much pre-story that didn't really matter. The whole movie had some crappy acting.

There was only a few things that related back to the game. Like the alien craft fired shells that looked like the pegs from the game, they stuck into the ships, then exploded. They couldn't see each other inside the 'force field' at night so had to use a 'grid pattern' from ocean bouys to pinpoint the ship.

Also, if the aliens were so advanced that they could get here in a few years, why the heck couldn't they develop a better radar system. Also, their communications ship hit a satellite on it's entry and crashed in China. You're telling me you can navigate light years across the galaxy only to run into a tiny little satellite when you get here? And that ship was huge. That'd be like me driving across the country and running into a squirrel at the end of my trip and crashing my truck into a gas station.

Other than that, lots of good action.

I didn't see it, but my boyfriend said of 'Battleship':

"It didn't make a whole lot of sense and the plot line was a bit crappy, but a lot of stuff blew up so I feel I got my money's worth".

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

I didn't see it, but my boyfriend said of 'Battleship':

"It didn't make a whole lot of sense and the plot line was a bit crappy, but a lot of stuff blew up so I feel I got my money's worth".

So basically, like how the first GI Joe movie was, and how the second one will be?

GI Joe was a god-awful movie, but it was your typical summer blockbuster with lots of things blowing up, so even if the acting was horrible they went ahead and made a second movie.