Hello, new friends!

My name is Alecia. I'm a college student starting to get myself into shape. I gained a lot of weight over the past few months due to a nasty knee injury, and I wasn't in the best of shape before then. But my father, who is over sixty years-old and has lost forty+ pounds since New Years, has inspired me to get my butt in gear and do something about my health. So here I am! I honestly can't tell you how I found this site. A series of aimless browsing lead me here, and I've been hooked ever since! So I figured I might as well join the community. Nerds and Fitness...two things I want in my life at all times, in the same place?! How could I resist? ;)

Here are some random things:

-I'm a film student with dreams of Hollywood. It's my life's goal to see my name somewhere in the credits of a major blockbuster film/ to work on a Joss Whedon film. The man is my idol.

-I'm a natural redhead, and super proud of it!

-My closest friends tend to dress up as superheroes for fun...Rather frequently. I've never joined them, but one of my longer term weight-loss goals is to confidently wear a Black Widow costume.

-Another long term goal I have is to get into break-dancing. I've been obsessed for as long as I can remember, so I want to make my child-self proud.

-Short term goal? Pull-ups. I just want to be able to do one.

-I want to travel. Everywhere, anywhere, I don't care. I just know there's a really big world out there, and I've hardly seen any of it!

Anyway, it's super nice to meet you all, and I can't wait to get to know you guys!

Human AdventurerStatsSTR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 3| WIS: 3 | CHA: 2"We stole our new lives, through blood and pain, in defense of our dreams...We were the kings and queens of promise."Once More With Feeling|twitter|tumblr|

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from advice to Motivation! I'm glad to see another Red-headed Rebellion in the Ranks, In terms of Pull-ups work your Biceps, Triceps and Back muscles! Start with Rows, Curls, and build up muscles from there. Here's to the Reds!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you need from advice to Motivation! I'm glad to see another Red-headed Rebellion in the Ranks, In terms of Pull-ups work your Biceps, Triceps and Back muscles! Start with Rows, Curls, and build up muscles from there. Here's to the Reds!

Rock on, Redheads :) Haha!

And thanks so much! I'll get right on those rows and curls! :D

Human AdventurerStatsSTR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 3| WIS: 3 | CHA: 2"We stole our new lives, through blood and pain, in defense of our dreams...We were the kings and queens of promise."Once More With Feeling|twitter|tumblr|

Hello Alecia! I'm a new poster too. You have some amazing goals. I've been going to Dragon*Con for the last 5 years and I've always admired everyone who cosplays. I love taking photos of all the amazing costumes. I think once I lose some weight and get in better shape, I might be right there with you dressing up! Good luck with everything you're working on and be sure to keep us all updated.

Zari
Newbie Adventurer

Hello Alecia! I'm a new poster too. You have some amazing goals. I've been going to Dragon*Con for the last 5 years and I've always admired everyone who cosplays. I love taking photos of all the amazing costumes. I think once I lose some weight and get in better shape, I might be right there with you dressing up! Good luck with everything you're working on and be sure to keep us all updated.

Hey there! Hooray for newbies :D and thanks so much! Good luck with your cosplay goals! It's always seemed like so much fun! You'll definitely have to keep me updated on your progress! Who knows? Maybe I'll run into you at a con sometime! ;) Good luck!

If you work in a Joss Whedon film, can you please hire me? I do many things!

I feel ya on the costume thing. One of my room mates does it(he's an Arizona Avenger, even) and he always tries to get me to be some sort of tiny little asian person.

Best of luck with your goals!

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

If you work in a Joss Whedon film, can you please hire me? I do many things!

I feel ya on the costume thing. One of my room mates does it(he's an Arizona Avenger, even) and he always tries to get me to be some sort of tiny little asian person.

Best of luck with your goals!

Thanks! :D That's so cool about your roommate, and I'll be sure to keep you updated about Joss ;) lol.