so i started posting on the 28 day challenge section and completely didn't notice this one... but since i found it now, i figured i'd introduce myself.

My name's Andrew and i'm in seattle, wa. i've always been a "bigger" person and have never really been into the whole dieting/exercising thing. it doesn't help that i have a desk job now and just sit on my ass for more than 8 hours a day... About 2 months ago my best friend told me she was starting a "diet" and i figured i'd join her... mind you, since she's a LOT smaller than i am, we don't have the same diet... :P

i got the P90X program about a month ago and i LOVE it! i'm here to try to keep motivated and try to keep accountable on the food part (which is the part that i really have problems with). oh! with the p90x, i did the workout for about 2 weeks, then my brother's fiance (i live with my older bro) started coming over about every day for about a week and so i missed that one week. i started doing it again about a week, week and a half ago, and it's amazing how much harder it feels like it's gotten. but i do love the program! Tony has a cheesy funniness to him that makes it a little easier to do the workout...

anyways, i'm currently sitting at 257lbs (last time i weighed on monday) and really want to get down to about 185-190lbs before my bro's wedding in october. i started off at 284 in january and have already lost 27lbs within the 6-7 weeks i've been doing this. however, i've kinda hit a plateau do to a lot of different things and really need to get back into it... read the blog post a yesterday about losing weight without working out and saw the Paleo diet and figured i'd check it out... :)

anyways, for my nerd side of things, i got into gaming with the original Starcraft in 1998! that was my favorite game and i played it a LOT... to the point where it affected my grades... i was in a great clan and loved owning people with dsl or whatever was back then when i only had dial up :P after being on a long hiatus because i was grounded into the dirt, i got into SWG and loved the initial part (before they screwed it up!!!), then WoW shortly after and have been playing it ever since!

i've gone to PAX in seattle (got the swine flu like tons of people last year because of it) for 2 years and Blizzcon for 2 years too. i'm planning on heading over to dragoncon in september and blizzcon whenever they announce it this year. these nerd cons have really become the thing i look forward to the most every year. :) can't get enough... anyways, thats me!

andrew

About 2 months ago my best friend told me she was starting a "diet" and i figured i'd join her... mind you, since she's a LOT smaller than i am, we don't have the same diet... :P

I dunno.. my diet is pretty similar to Paleo from what I'm reading.. now that you're switching to that it may be a lot closer!

*waves* Happy to see you join here Andrew :)

Glad to have ya Andrew, and congrats on your first 27 pounds lost already. That's a great start, and one you can build on.

I hear great things about p90x, so stick with it. At the end of the day though, it really comes down to diet and holding yourself accountable.

Keep plugging away, take it one day at a time.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.